X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Yup. I remember Billy saying he was from the Buffalo area. The thing is, Rick James was a headliner and a funk legend. He even sang about Buffalo in his songs. You almost could claim Neil Peart but he's from down the river a bit and across the border.
    We'll still claim Peart and trade the Goo Goo Dolls!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-16-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      For the millionth time, when I say something isn't good in the USA, that does not mean I am saying the UK is great. The UK is usually the most like the US when compared to the rest of Europe.
      I'm still proud I'm from here regardless of my country's shortcomings. It seems like USA bashing is quite popular here but I rarely see any UK bashing being done. I'm just trying to even that up a bit. I edited my comment after checking out the graph you posted. I can't tell if "intergenerational earnings elasticity" is a good or bad thing. Does a higher number mean more or less social mobility? Regardless of that I think your "among the lowest in the world" claim about social mobility is the USA is bullshit. That graph only lists a few countries. What about social mobility in Iran, Iraq, North Korea, China, Russia, etc...? How do those countries compare with the ones listed?
      Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-16-2020, 01:57 PM. Reason: redundancy
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Could you define 'elites'?

It's an odd term that Americans use that I think maybe comes from conservative media. If you are running things then does that not make you elite? Since somehow Trump a man from an extremely privileged background who inherited $300 million doesn't count as elite I've started to wonder if elite just means 'well educated'.
        Donald Trump inherited $300 mill but he didn't inherit a title that made him a successor to the throne of America. Millions of Americans voted for him. How many people voted for Elizabeth II in the last Queen election? Don't give me that "figurehead" bullshit either. The Queen has a lot more political clout than that.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Donald Trump inherited $300 mill but he didn't inherit a title that made him a successor to the throne of America. Millions of Americans voted for him. How many people voted for Elizabeth II in the last Queen election? Don't give me that "figurehead" bullshit either. The Queen has a lot more political clout than that.
          It was more like $413 million he inherited, largely tax free...

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump. America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            We'll still claim Peart and trade the Goo Goo Dolls!
            Peart was from St. Catherine’s. Wouldn’t take much of a border change to make it part of western New York State.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump. America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....
              The founding fathers wanted a republic, not a democracy. That’s why each state get’s two senators regardless of population and we have the electoral college. It was set up that way so the most populous states wouldn’t have all the power which would be the result of a true democracy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I think the electoral college has worked well. Neither the Democrats nor Republicans can take permanent control of the Executive Branch. Control swings from one party to the other. It evens out the power structure and both parties have had good and bad presidents.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm still proud I'm from here regardless of my country's shortcomings. It seems like USA bashing is quite popular here but I rarely see any UK bashing being done. I'm just trying to even that up a bit. I edited my comment after checking out the graph you posted. I can't tell if "intergenerational earnings elasticity" is a good or bad thing. Does a higher number mean more or less social mobility? Regardless of that I think your "among the lowest in the world" claim about social mobility is the USA is bullshit. That graph only lists a few countries. What about social mobility in Iran, Iraq, North Korea, China, Russia, etc...? How do those countries compare with the ones listed?
                  Every place has it’s good points and bad points. People like different things. We still have to build a wall to keep people out. We lived in British Hong Kong for three years. The British had to put Gurkhas on the Chinese border to keep people out and the Chinese had to put soldiers on the border to keep people in. Let’s just say I’m glad I’m in the so called shithole US right now and not Hong Kong at the moment.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump.
                    Never said they did. Millions and most are two different words.
                    America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....
                    If your candidate had won by the electoral college system you'd be fine with it but they didn't. If the rules said the overall vote getter was the winner and you lost you'd say the electoral college system should have been used. Trump won by the rules in place during that election. If you don't want a repeat in 2020 you better start supporting your eventual Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

I think the electoral college has worked well.
                      The electoral college system is fine. What we need is more than two electable candidates per presidential election. More than two parties worth. Three parties worth minimum. Not including independents.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Good for him. If your dad left you $413 million would you want to give the government a cut? They'd just waste it. Spend it on hookers and drugs. I'd rather spend it on hookers and drugs myself.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Good for him. If your dad left you $413 million would you want to give the government a cut? They'd just waste it. Spend it on hookers and drugs. I'd rather spend it on hookers and drugs myself.
                          Well, the idiot declared bankruptcy at least 6 times, so that's a lot of hookers. He claims to not do drugs, but all that sniffing when he speaks tells a different story. Reportedly he's snorting Adderal rather than cocaine. Which also adds to the speculation of exactly how much money he does or does not have. Surely a billionaire could find a decent cocaine dealer?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                            Well, the idiot declared bankruptcy at least 6 times, so that's a lot of hookers. He claims to not do drugs, but all that sniffing when he speaks tells a different story. Reportedly he's snorting Adderal rather than cocaine. Which also adds to the speculation of exactly how much money he does or does not have. Surely a billionaire could find a decent cocaine dealer?
                            I seriously doubt he was ever bankrupt. I'm not naïve about rich folks manipulating the system to get richer. You're not either. I'm sure he has spent a few bucks on hookers and drugs as well but not enough to piss away $413 mill. He's not Charlie Sheen.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

What if there are no rugs to munch? What do you call shaved lesbians?
                              Slick-lickers.
                              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

The founding fathers wanted a republic, not a democracy. That’s why each state get’s two senators regardless of population and we have the electoral college. It was set up that way so the most populous states wouldn’t have all the power which would be the result of a true democracy.
                                You can't explain something that simple to someone who has a simpleton brain. Maybe 2+2=4 but that's about it.
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...