Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Wolfgang signs solo LP deal - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolfgang signs solo LP deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is how Wolfie's record contract thread turned into a weight watchers meeting...

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Well to be fair the people discussing it are about 20 years older than Wolfgang and have to work for a living rather than being a multi millionaire rock musician.

Comment

Yeah. If I had that kind of free time and unlimited resources...

He's been working on this thing for how long?

And with Val being on Jenny Craig maybe it's one of those meetings instead of Fat Oprah's Weight Watchers
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

I think it's a bit...off to even call Wolfgang's future record a "solo" album. Dunno if he is labelling it as such, but...well, without 100% recall of his entire discography off the top of my head, hasn't his recorded output been basically limited to the ADKOT album? Half of which was re-recording 35 year old demo tracks? Along with playing bass on a couple of Tremonti albums, the Tokyo Dome album and playing some drums on a Clint Lowery album? Not exactly a body of work that lends itself to calling what Wolfgang is about to do "going solo": it's not like he was in some legendary band from the ground floor and played on several classic albums to where him going solo in and of itself actually means something on paper...does that make sense?

None of the stuff he has been involved with up until now gave me the particular impression that Wolfgang is much other than a capable rock bass player. To be fair, it may well be that this upcoming album will display a facility with songwriting Wolfgang hasn't been able to previously cultivate given the nature of the group dynamics of the various projects he has been involved with. I'll be somewhat interested to hear what he can come up with. I don't necessarily feel just because he is Ed's kid and had a big foot in the door that somehow precludes him from coming up with something good on his own: nepotism will get one in the door, but the proof will be in the music.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Happy belated,,,

Newsflash, I share the same birthday as Wolfgang: March 16th.
            I saw some celebrities born on this date thing (a bunch of millennials I never heard of) but there he was, spawn of EdVal!
            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

I hope it sounds good. I want to hear something that sounds good. Music that sounds good is good. I want good.

Comment

Working...
              X