Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2020 South Carolina Primary Results Thread

  1. #1
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131

    2020 South Carolina Primary Results Thread

    So the corporate mediawhores IMMEDIATELY call it for Biden with 0% of the precincts reporting. Joe apparently has finally won his FIRST state in his third time running for President (out after Iowa both of the other times), but he should enjoy it while he can. It's not going to help him on Tuesday.

    Bernie is in 2nd place. Not really a surprise there, as he gained considerably in the state polls in recent weeks, and remains the leader everywhere else.

    Only real surprise here so far is Tom Steyer running in third place. Obviously his best showing yet. But again, probably not enough to help him on Super Tuesday.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    100
    Posts
    32,143
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 8,371 Times in 5,357 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Does it worry you at all how enthusiastic Republican commentators and Trump himself are about facing Bernie?

    Do you think they are bluffing or just wrong?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (03-01-2020)


  4. #3
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    I think they're making assumptions based on their own bigotry... just like when they couldn't wait to run against "the Kenyan Muslim" in 2008.

    Of course the Democrats are guilty of the same thing.... they thought the washed up B Movie actor (1980) and serial failure reality TV star (2016) would be easy to beat.

  5. #4
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Meanwhile, Tom Steyer is finally giving up....

    I guess coming in third in South Carolina wasn’t the results he thought he paid for?

    Of the two billionaires who had no business running for President, he was by far the least offensive of the two. I’d really rather see Bloomberg drop out. (He still doesn’t have a single vote or delegate)

    At least this will lower the number of ad onslaughts on TV considerably.

  6. #5
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,554
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,246 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    I have not seen a Steyer ad yet and I guess I won't now.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  7. #6
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    46,560
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 3,122 Posts


    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I have not seen a Steyer ad yet and I guess I won't now.
    They've played a few here, but I never took him seriously as a candidate...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  8. #7
    Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    ZahZoo's Avatar
    Member No
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    7,802
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,717 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Congrats to Biden for finally winning one primary on his 3rd time running for POTUS... I got this feeling it's one and done for him though.

    Super Tuesday is gonna be a mess...

    I seriously don't think the Democratic mainstream will let Bernie win the nomination.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  9. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (03-01-2020)


  10. #8
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131

  11. #9
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131

  12. #10
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Congrats to Biden for finally winning one primary on his 3rd time running for POTUS... I got this feeling it's one and done for him though.

    Super Tuesday is gonna be a mess...

    I seriously don't think the Democratic mainstream will let Bernie win the nomination.
    Biden's primary win, for a variety of reasons, brought the expression 'dead cat bounce' to my mind.

    But, as you say, I find it hard to believe if the mainstream Dems (mistakenly or not) think they have a reasonable shot at beating Trump with Biden that they're gonna just let Bernie win the nomination with a slim plurality...because the Dem Establishment think Bernie will get trounced by Trump. Luckily for those Dem Centrists, I assume the DNC still has those byzantine primary rules put in place in the wake of the 1968 and 1972 elections to prevent another McGovern-style ass whomping, so doubtless the superdelegates and megadonors will flex their muscles and attempt to insert Biden in there even if [Biden] gets his ass handed to him Tuesday and beyond in the remaining primaries and caucuses.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  13. #11
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Does it worry you at all how enthusiastic Republican commentators and Trump himself are about facing Bernie?

    Do you think they are bluffing or just wrong?
    I think those folks have a general belief that if the economy, jobs numbers and the stock market hold and Trump manages not to blunder a response to any potential big events on the world stage in the next 9 months, Trump will end up prevailing in November regardless of who the opposition candidate is.

    I'm not so sure they're wrong about that, either.

  14. #12
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Well, the "potential big event on the world stage" might be the one we're seeing in real time right now, the coronavirus. And Cheeto has already blundered the response to it, actually calling it a "hoax". It's already making the stock market nervous, and odds are good that it's gonna cause the summer Olympics to be cancelled, which will ripple through travel, tourism, retail, media, clothing manufacturing, and fuck knows how many other industries. The Olympics cash cow is so profitable that they split up the winter & summer games so they can cash in on the shit every 2 years instead of 4. And this is all on top of the doom & gloom predictions of the coming recession that existed long before the pandemic hysteria.

    Then there's the cost of the virus itself. With a $3200 price tag on the testing kit to find out if you have this shit or not, let alone the treatment if you find out that you DO, it puts the case for Medicare For All front and center again. Bernie Sanders sure as Hell would never have asked to get a campaign boost that way, but it might end up helping him make his case regardless. People in the US will die from this shit because they can't afford to go to the doctor to do anything about it. And a lot of that is going to happen in red states - especially the ones with the ALEC payroll governors who refused Obama's Medicaid expansion - which in turn, might provide a wakeup call to some voters who otherwise might vote a right wing ticket.

  15. #13
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    46,560
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 3,122 Posts


    Rep Power
    105
    Ford's right, if the economy begins to go into recession because of Shittybeervirus, then the whole "socialist Bernie" thing backfires on Trump...

    Actually pretty much anything backfires on Drumpf, the whole "Hey! Yeah I'm a fucking asshole dumbsumofabitch, but hey the economy's great so so what?!" thing backfires, which is why drumpf and his band of dumbshit petties are already melting down...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-01-2020 at 07:07 PM.

  16. #14
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131

  17. #15
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, the "potential big event on the world stage" might be the one we're seeing in real time right now, the coronavirus. And Cheeto has already blundered the response to it, actually calling it a "hoax". It's already making the stock market nervous, and odds are good that it's gonna cause the summer Olympics to be cancelled, which will ripple through travel, tourism, retail, media, clothing manufacturing, and fuck knows how many other industries. The Olympics cash cow is so profitable that they split up the winter & summer games so they can cash in on the shit every 2 years instead of 4. And this is all on top of the doom & gloom predictions of the coming recession that existed long before the pandemic hysteria.

    Then there's the cost of the virus itself. With a $3200 price tag on the testing kit to find out if you have this shit or not, let alone the treatment if you find out that you DO, it puts the case for Medicare For All front and center again. Bernie Sanders sure as Hell would never have asked to get a campaign boost that way, but it might end up helping him make his case regardless. People in the US will die from this shit because they can't afford to go to the doctor to do anything about it. And a lot of that is going to happen in red states - especially the ones with the ALEC payroll governors who refused Obama's Medicaid expansion - which in turn, might provide a wakeup call to some voters who otherwise might vote a right wing ticket.
    It may well turn out that the coronavirus ends up undoing Trump, specifically in terms of how his administration responds to it. Doubtless, the continual attempted and actual defunding by the Trump Administration (and like-minded individuals in Congress) of health care programs which provide access to health services for middle and lower class citizens won't be something Trump, his staffers and media spokespeople will be able to square the circle on merely by chanting "USA! USA! USA!" at a rally. At least, one hopes that will be true in terms of those who voted for Trump in 2016 vs. potential repeat Trump 2020 voters re: the ability to distinguish between rhetoric and what has actually been done in terms of health care in the last 3 years.

    I must say, Trump putting Mike Pence in charge of the Administration's handling of the coronavirus doesn't exactly mean much of anything to me, other than perhaps a person for Trump to lay blame on later should the virus situation in this country turn out to be mismanaged: Pence has never exactly reeked of any particular competence in terms of a practical administrative skillset.

    Indeed, the coronavirus and the containment of it may well end up being the "potential big event on the world stage" that Trump won't be able to walk between the raindrops on, or sidestep with a rude tweet. It doesn't strain credulity to posit that something is going to happen at some point which is going to require any president to demonstrate leadership as opposed to showmanship. I'm hoping this viral outbreak ends up not being a calamitous pandemic in terms of containment and treatment, because I don't have a great deal of competence in our president in terms of either his intellect or his leadership qualities: that he was publicly pissing and moaning about HIS political prospects in the face of the virus entering this country doesn't leave me with the impression that President Trump has the ability to put his own self-interests aside and deal with this situation in a rational, informed manner that will put the interests of the nation above his own. In the end, as ever, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS ONLY about Donald Trump to Donald Trump.

    I sure as shit hope the federal, state and local health agencies have competent officials and resources in place. The economy will do what it will do: sometimes stable, sometimes panic-driven.

  18. #16
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Ford's right, if the economy begins to go into recession because of Shittybeervirus, then the whole "socialist Bernie" thing backfires on Trump...

    Actually pretty much anything backfires on Drumpf, the whole "Hey! Yeah I'm a fucking asshole dumbsumofabitch, but hey the economy's great so so what?!" thing backfires, which is why drumpf and his band of dumbshit petties are already melting down...
    I won't be sad if Trump loses, regardless of which current Democratic hopeful aspiring for the nomination gets it.

  19. #17
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    100
    Posts
    32,143
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 8,371 Times in 5,357 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I must say, Trump putting Mike Pence in charge of the Administration's handling of the coronavirus doesn't exactly mean much of anything to me, other than perhaps a person for Trump to lay blame on later should the virus situation in this country turn out to be mismanaged: Pence has never exactly reeked of any particular competence in terms of a practical administrative skillset.

    Indeed, the coronavirus and the containment of it may well end up being the "potential big event on the world stage" that Trump won't be able to walk between the raindrops on, or sidestep with a rude tweet. It doesn't strain credulity to posit that something is going to happen at some point which is going to require any president to demonstrate leadership as opposed to showmanship.
    If we somehow get through a Trump presidency and the only major incident that happens on his watch is this flu then the planet has been really fucking lucky.

  20. #18
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    100
    Posts
    32,143
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 8,371 Times in 5,357 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    So the corporate mediawhores IMMEDIATELY call it for Biden with 0% of the precincts reporting.
    Correctly.

  21. #19
    PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    private parts's Avatar
    Member No
    22591
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Location
    RIGHT HERE
    Posts
    918
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts


    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If we somehow get through a Trump presidency and the only major incident that happens on his watch is this flu then the planet has been really fucking lucky.
    "Lucky"? or something else?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  22. #20
    PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    private parts's Avatar
    Member No
    22591
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Location
    RIGHT HERE
    Posts
    918
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts


    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Does it worry you at all how enthusiastic Republican commentators and Trump himself are about facing Bernie?

    Do you think they are bluffing or just wrong?
    Oh Trump can't wait to face Bernie. It's a guaranteed victory. Unfortunately, the Dems have gotten the message and it will be Uncle Joe. See South Carolina.

  23. #21
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Bernie's actually the only one who has consistently beaten the Orange Asshole in polls by the largest margin in both 2016 and 2020. The DNC would be damned fools (or more accurately, clueless corporate whores) to ignore this fact a second time.

  24. #22
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,554
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,246 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Bloomberg is going to be the one who fucks everything up. Watch him run as an independent and become this year's Ross Perot.

  25. #23
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Because of Ross Perot, the two major parties have pretty much guaranteed a stranglehold on the political process. All of Bloomberg's money won't buy him ballot access or a place on the debate stage if he runs as a third party. And because of that, he won't do any better than Ralph Nader, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Rocky Anderson, or any of the others long forgotten.

  26. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (03-02-2020)


  27. #24
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    46,560
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 3,122 Posts


    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Bernie's actually the only one who has consistently beaten the Orange Asshole in polls....
    Ford that is just not true, almost EVERY Dem candidate beats Trump in almost every poll...

  28. #25
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    46,560
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 3,122 Posts


    Rep Power
    105

  29. #26
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If we somehow get through a Trump presidency and the only major incident that happens on his watch is this flu then the planet has been really fucking lucky.
    I certainly felt that way throughout most of 2017.

    I will say, thus far, jaw-dropping rhetoric aside, Trump has shown a restraint in terms of foreign affairs - specifically a military restraint - that has surprised me. If this restraint owes more to the JCS slow-walking Trump's worst impulses or to just plain luck of circumstance than Trump's judgement I'm not 100% sure of.

    I didn't vote for the man, and won't be this fall, but in terms of what I said above...it would be disingenuous not to acknowledge what I did.

    Even if I didn't vote for a particular President, I still want to see said President perform capably while in office.

    Like, if the economy nosedives into a bad recession (coronavirus-related or not), that could obviously inhibit Trumps' chances in the fall. As much as I want him out of the WH, I don't want to see the country tank economically (with the attendant suffering for working-class folks...you know, like myself, for instance...) in order for that to happen. Or have Trump/Pence mismanage the coronavirus response and lose the election due to what voters think is a lack of competence on their part.

  30. #27
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    10,462
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,413
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,154 Posts


    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Bloomberg is going to be the one who fucks everything up. Watch him run as an independent and become this year's Ross Perot.
    I tend to think if he was going to go that route, he would have done so from the outset and probably much earlier than he ended up doing.

    Bloomberg, rightly I think, saw that Biden was going to be a weak candidate. Think Bloomberg also believes Sanders is unelectable. Thus, Bloomberg finally took the plunge he had only been toying with in previous election cycles.

  31. #28
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Bloomberg is going to be the one who fucks everything up. Watch him run as an independent and become this year's Ross Perot.
    The problem is nobody likes Bloomberg. It’s all about beating Trump. Even Dems who hate Bloomberg would vote for him if he got the nomination because they want Trump out. I don’t think Mike could play spoiler.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  32. #29
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    That’s what Bloomberg is betting on. He doesn’t view the average voter as all that intelligent. He figures if he saturates everything with money he can buy the nomination. Then everyone votes the party line after that. I hope he gets the nomination. It will be the nastiest political race in a 100 years. It will be very entertaining.

  33. #30
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I certainly felt that way throughout most of 2017.

    I will say, thus far, jaw-dropping rhetoric aside, Trump has shown a restraint in terms of foreign affairs - specifically a military restraint - that has surprised me. If this restraint owes more to the JCS slow-walking Trump's worst impulses or to just plain luck of circumstance than Trump's judgement I'm not 100% sure of.

    I didn't vote for the man, and won't be this fall, but in terms of what I said above...it would be disingenuous not to acknowledge what I did.

    Even if I didn't vote for a particular President, I still want to see said President perform capably while in office.

    Like, if the economy nosedives into a bad recession (coronavirus-related or not), that could obviously inhibit Trumps' chances in the fall. As much as I want him out of the WH, I don't want to see the country tank economically (with the attendant suffering for working-class folks...you know, like myself, for instance...) in order for that to happen. Or have Trump/Pence mismanage the coronavirus response and lose the election due to what voters think is a lack of competence on their part.
    Dubya was a far worse president than Trump. Most our problems can’t be blamed on any one President. At this point the economy is nothing more than a psyops. Actually we would be better off now if we had a depression in 2008. It would have cleaned out the dead wood. Instead we papered over it and grew the credit bubble even larger. It’s all illusion.

  34. #31
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    I smell a brokered convention. The Burn will get burned and maybe Milwaukee will burn but expect anything. This election is like watching a fight at the nursing home. Just a bunch of old crazy people with heart problems and dementia wanting to be president.

  35. #32
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    100
    Posts
    32,143
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 8,371 Times in 5,357 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The problem is nobody likes Bloomberg. It’s all about beating Trump. Even Dems who hate Bloomberg would vote for him if he got the nomination because they want Trump out. I don’t think Mike could play spoiler.
    Bookies have Bloomberg out around 15-1 for the nomination, I don't think he's going to get there at this point.

    What does seem absolutely certain is the president for the next term is going to be a flawed elderly white man with health issues.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-03-2020 at 10:13 AM.

  36. #33
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Bookies have Bloomberg out around 15-1 for the nomination, I don't think he's going to get there at this point.

    What does seem absolutely certain is the president for the next term is going to be a flawed elderly white man with health issues.
    Mike is trying hard. He’s even wearing lifts to make himself look taller. If the Democrat Convention becomes brokered anything can happen. You could even see Hillary jump in saying she’s here to save the party. Bernie was the popular candidate last time and he got the shaft. Wall Street does not want Bernie and they own the Democrat Party. They will take Bloomberg, they will take Biden, they will take Warren. Anyone but Bernie.

  37. #34
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-31-2020 @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,777
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,162
    Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,737 Posts


    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    80
    But the powers that be know the Democrats will fall in line behind whoever get’s the nomination because at the end of the day it’s partisan politics and Orange Man must go.

  38. #35
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    100
    Posts
    32,143
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 8,371 Times in 5,357 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    They will take Bloomberg, they will take Biden, they will take Warren. Anyone but Bernie.
    I thought Warren was a good bet, if all the candidates are that old you're best going for a woman since they live longer.

  39. #36
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,213
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,833 Times in 4,341 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Warren could have had a legitimate shot. Until she backtracked on Medicare 4 All and started taking bad advice from the DLC consultants who lost the elections of 2010/2014/2016 and left 2000 & 2004 close enough to be stolen by a Chimp.

    Then she started stabbing Bernie in the back out of desperation. Don't know how the fuck she thought that was going to help her. Now she's not even likely to be Bernie's VP.

  40. #37
    PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    private parts's Avatar
    Member No
    22591
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Location
    RIGHT HERE
    Posts
    918
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts


    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    oh trump can't wait to face bernie. It's a guaranteed victory. Unfortunately, the dems have gotten the message and it will be uncle joe. See south carolina.
    bump!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Nevada Caucus Results Thread
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2020, 11:06 AM
  2. 2020 New Hampshire Primary Thread
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-19-2020, 08:36 PM
  3. 2020 Iowa Caucus results thread
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-07-2020, 09:23 PM
  4. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 03:10 AM
  5. Which Repuke is out after South Carolina?
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •