X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Ted Templeman book out April 21

"Ted Templeman: A Platinum Producer’s Life in Music takes us into the studio sessions of No. 1 hits like “Black Water” by the Doobie Brothers and “Jump” by Van Halen, as Ted recounts memories and the behind-the-scene dramas that engulfed both massively successful acts."

Templeman is a world-famous producer, known for working with Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, and Joan Jett. This book recounts his remarkable life: from childhood as a ’50s jazz phenom in Santa Cruz to the pinnacle of music industry success during the ’70s and ’80s as a Grammy-winning music executive.
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

"This autobiography (as told to Greg Renoff)..."

That's encouraging but I doubt there will be much new there for VH fans.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Now that we are all getting older it's funny to think that Ted's career ended in 1988 when he was 44.

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by silverfish
        "Ted Templeman: A Platinum Producer’s Life in Music takes us into the studio sessions of No. 1 hits like “Black Water” by the Doobie Brothers and “Jump” by Van Halen, as Ted recounts memories and the behind-the-scene dramas that engulfed both massively successful acts."

https://ecwpress.com/products/ted-templeman
        Never Heard this Black Water ! whooaa! number one ! for me Doobie Brothers = Long train Running, I know with live in the dark in Europe
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=vaijuju;1943003]Never Heard this Black Water ! whooaa! number one ! for me Doobie Brothers = Long train Running, I know with live in the dark in Europe [/QUOT

ah!ha!.. It was my first reaction too...whats this black water song? I have a best of DB and listened to it …it is ok but I mean they could have mentionned: listen to the music, taken it to the streets, it keeps you runnin, and I would have understood? unless what they meant it was their first hit, I dont know and I'm not a fan enough to search for it...
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

I definitely heard the song "Black Water" before but never knew it was the Doobie Brothers lol
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

How Producer Ted Templeman Angered Prince

Producer Ted Templeman recalled a conversation with Prince in his autobiography, released in April 2020.
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"Black Water" was one of the Doobies' biggest hits. I would have thought it was a hit internationally as well, although maybe the sound wasn't compatible with radio airplay elsewhere. It was sort of a country/delta blues vibe as opposed to typical rock n roll. The way the vocals were recorded on it though... classic Ted Templeman production. Similar to what he would do with the Van HALEN records later.

There was a rumor going around a few years back that Van Halen was supposedly recording a cover of this song, even an alleged documentation of the tune being listed among VH's published titles at Warner Music. The alleged recording never materialized, so it was probably bullshit, but I could actually hear them doing this song.... at least if Sobolewski was still around for the vocal parts.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Kindle version $14. Haven't seen it on the torrents yet.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Ted Templeman Says Sammy Hagar Is Best Rock Singer on the Planet

“Sammy’s a helluva singer. Sammy may be the best singer out there. Period,” Templeman proclaimed.
                    “To me, he’s a combination of Robert Plant and James Brown. That guy can sing like nobody. I’m telling
                    you, nobody. I’m talking just as a singer. He doesn’t know how good he is even. The guy is, I think, the
                    best rock singer on the planet. Period.”

Producer Ted Templeman, who helmed many of Van Halen's releases, said Sammy Hagar is the best rock singer on the planet during an April 2020 interview.

Like twona, I'll be checking torrents for this one.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'll maybe pick it up on Audible. Less inclined to do so now after that crazy Hagar statement...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

lol I was on YouTube the other day and one of the recommendations was Trunk's top 5 singers. I randomly clicked on the timeline and Trunk is gushing over Hagar. I mean, wipe the jizz off your face, Eddie...didn't listen to the rest of the list.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ted Templeman Says Sammy Hagar Is Best Rock Singer on the Planet

“Sammy’s a helluva singer. Sammy may be the best singer out there. Period,” Templeman proclaimed.
                          “To me, he’s a combination of Robert Plant and James Brown. That guy can sing like nobody. I’m telling
                          you, nobody. I’m talking just as a singer. He doesn’t know how good he is even. The guy is, I think, the
                          best rock singer on the planet. Period.”

Producer Ted Templeman, who helmed many of Van Halen's releases, said Sammy Hagar is the best rock singer on the planet during an April 2020 interview.

LOL More like a combination of Janis Joplin and howler monkies having sex with her...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Has anyone read the book yet?

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I bought the Kindle version. Only looked on the torrents to see if it showed up yet, but that was day of release.

Comment

Working...