Thread: Cord cutters/Quarantined/Shelter in place viewing!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Cord cutters/Quarantined/Shelter in place viewing!

I was off for the week anyways...

Gotta finish Hunters on Amazon. About halfway through. Campy at times, violent at times, but so far it's good.

Disney+? The Imagineering series was good. Great look into the parks, goes right up to Galaxy's Edge. I hear the Jeff Goldblum show is good but haven't watched yet. And the Mandalorian...probably watch it again. No Rise of Skywalker yet, the Mouse wants your actual cash money for that one.

Signed up for Pluto TV on my Fire devices and PS4. Owned by Viacom. Free but with commercials. They've got a James Bond channel right now and a This Old House channel that I watch WAY too much.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Rise of Skywalker can be found here (as long as you don't need it in 4K)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I was off for the week anyways...

Gotta finish Hunters on Amazon. About halfway through. Campy at times, violent at times, but so far it's good.

Disney+? The Imagineering series was good. Great look into the parks, goes right up to Galaxy's Edge. I hear the Jeff Goldblum show is good but haven't watched yet. And the Mandalorian...probably watch it again. No Rise of Skywalker yet, the Mouse wants your actual cash money for that one.
    Everyone I know here who was even vaguely interested in The Mandalorian watched it back when it came out in the US - they are now releasing it in the UK this week I think as Disney+ now goes live. It's very strange that they can be so spectacularly incompetent as to think that if people couldn't 'legally' get it they wouldn't just go and get it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My neck hurts from laying in bed and watching TV

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Everyone I know here who was even vaguely interested in The Mandalorian watched it back when it came out in the US - they are now releasing it in the UK this week I think as Disney+ now goes live. It's very strange that they can be so spectacularly incompetent as to think that if people couldn't 'legally' get it they wouldn't just go and get it.
    Not only that, but they totally fucked up the Christmas toy season by ignoring the possible demand for 'baby-Yoda' toys and then bringing in cheap, rushed crap that looked like "Gremlins"...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The argument for that is supposedly that the minute you send stuff to be manufactured it leaks and so they didn't as it would have been a spoiler.

As with most things I'm more inclined to believe it was actually just a fuck up rather than a clever conspiracy.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The argument for that is supposedly that the minute you send stuff to be manufactured it leaks and so they didn't as it would have been a spoiler.

As with most things I'm more inclined to believe it was actually just a fuck up rather than a clever conspiracy.
    Yeah, I'm sure Disney opted not to capture and capitalize on the Xmas toy market in order to keep their series most geeks already knew about already a secret. Cunning bastards!

I have to say I did enjoy it and it is well done though...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As it turns out not the worst time to be starting a new streaming service...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Not only that, but they totally fucked up the Christmas toy season by ignoring the possible demand for 'baby-Yoda' toys and then bringing in cheap, rushed crap that looked like "Gremlins"...
    Who knows. It's Disney, they were gonna sell a shit-ton of Frozen 2 stuff anyways. Maybe Jon Favreau made 'em wait. Did they miss out on some sales? Likely. They'll make up for it.

I told my friend it was like watching Veruca Salt in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: "I want a Baby Yoda, daddy, and I want it NOW!"

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And Amazon...another episode of The Grand Tour would be nice right about now...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pluto TV has added a One Day At A Time channel. Watch and see if you can tell if MacKenzie Phillips is stoned!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sirius XM free streaming through May 15

deadline.com
    Howard Stern Announces SiriusXM Offering Free Access To Streaming Service Through May 15
    Jill Goldsmith

Satellite radio giant SiriusXM said it’s made its 300-plus channel streaming service available for free in North America starting today through May 15. The announcement was made by SiriusXM host Howard Stern (Channel 100), who is broadcasting from home.

The freebie includes all ad-free music channels, live news, faith-based content, comedy, sports talk, politics, and on-demand content. Starting April 1, a new #StayHome Radio channel brings “happy, feel-good music” from artists like Lizzo and Coldplay to Pink and Bob Marley, SiriusXM said. It’s bringing back The Billy Joel Channel and Dave Matthews Band Radio Channel and The Top 1000 Channel (with a new genre countdown every two weeks).

Sirius said anyone who’s not already a SiriusXM subscriber can download the SiriusXM app or go to SiriusXM.com/streamfree, and start listening free of charge, with no credit card or commitment required.

“With so many people asked to stay at home, we are making our full streaming lineup of music, entertainment, news and information easily accessible to everyone,” said Jim Meyer, SiriusXM CEO. “In the days ahead, we hope it’s a valuable source of information or diversion, a generous mix of fresh live content, and a source of companionship that comes from the hosts on our many shows and channels.”

The app also offers SiriusXM video, personalized stations powered by Pandora that listeners can curate themselves, and an on-demand library with more than 10,000 hours of archived shows, performances, interviews and audio documentaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it yet, so I can't verify it works, or if it's limited to just the streaming apps I still have an old XM reciever collecting dust somewhere which hasn't been plugged in since their "progressive" channel turned to shit, but I'm so sick of commercials on radio (both terrestrial & streaming) that I might well fire this up one way or another for some uninterrupted music.

Can't imagine Stern would be pushing this if it weren't true though. Wouldn't be the time to piss off his audience.

UPDATE: click here
    Last edited by FORD; 04-01-2020 at 01:07 AM. Reason: added link

13. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (04-01-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    And Amazon...another episode of The Grand Tour would be nice right about now...
    I seem to remember back when the last episode dropped over the holidays that they said there would be another one in April. I saw a comment online somewhere from Clarkson saying that the episode was "ready to go" but they had to stop work on the third one of the season because of the pandemic.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't listen to Stern yesterday, didn't know about the free streaming. Took forever for the channels to update in my 300C this morning.

Thread Information