Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Coronavirus Community Watch - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving into the Orange Zone, gyms, spas, tattoo places all close. No dine-in at restaurants...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-18-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• In your terms we moved from orange to red this week with a lower R Rate than NY but the schools are still open.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ohio just started an overnight curfew from 10 pm to 5 am. I see it as pointless and unenforceable. Most retail has been closing before midnight, and 24 hour gyms will close on their own overnight. The bars are still closing at ten, if people want to continue the party at a private home there really isn't anything the state can do about it. Most of the local departments have said they aren't going to enforce the order. I'm off tonight, I may go for a ride after midnight and see what happens.

My county is on the verge of going OMG RED ALERT. Schools have gone back to remote learning. Libraries closed. Some private clubs have closed for a week or two.

Plenty of co-workers in and out of the "protocol." A few positive tests but no hospitalizations. Friend of mine has an employee out due to a positive test. We still went to lunch the other day.

Ohio hired a new health director but she's a lawyer and not a doctor. At least six physicians applied for the job. I'd be more comfortable if the new director was a doctor. Interim director was a lawyer, too.

Sure, the number of positive tests has gone up but the percentage of deaths is still somewhere around one percent. I think people see that and aren't too concerned. If the percentage was five to ten percent people might take notice. As for those who have recovered having long-term complications...we're aware of the dangers of smoking and obesity and apparently we're okay with it. What's another complication?

There's conflicting reports about hospital utilization, are there a lot of seasonal flu admissions or are they truly Covid? Some hospitals laid staff off in the spring and haven't recalled employees, if it was that bad wouldn't they have been back to work?

I'm tired of hearing how Americans are selfish. The media and advertisers have been telling people for years that we should do what we want, be who we want, and that it's "all about YOU!" And now they can't figure out why people are selfish?

None of this is to say I'm not staying safe. I'm still out riding my bike, wearing the mask in stores and at work. I'm not wearing that fucking thing in my own car or at the gas pump. I went to Micro Center today and they have a girl at the front of the store wearing a clear plastic lab coat offering sanitizer and all I can think of is how she'd look with just the lab coat on
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
              There's conflicting reports about hospital utilization, are there a lot of seasonal flu admissions or are they truly Covid?

I'm not wearing that fucking thing in my own car or at the gas pump.
              It's a bit early for seasonal flu plus flu was down last year and hopefully will be again this year because of people being more careful.

I don't know why anyone would wear a mask in their own car alone or at the gas pump but you should make sure you sanitize your hands immediately after touching it.

Comment

• We see people wearing masks alone in their car ALL THE TIME. While we're on the bikes, or sitting out front after a ride. We rode at Presque Isle state park in PA in August and the park says you gotta wear a mask, even in the water. We had ours with us, after a mile/five minutes on the bike path we only saw a few people out of maybe 20 wearing a mask. Didn't put it on until it was time to order lunch.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Ohio hired a new health director but she's a lawyer and not a doctor. At least six physicians applied for the job. I'd be more comfortable if the new director was a doctor. Interim director was a lawyer, too.
                  Fucking crazy. Also you don't just need a doctor you need a public health expert which is like a doctor with some decent stats skills. Unfortunately it seems you also need to find one who is ok getting death threats from wackos who think this is a political thing...

Comment

We see people wearing masks alone in their car ALL THE TIME. While we're on the bikes, or sitting out front after a ride. We rode at Presque Isle state park in PA in August and the park says you gotta wear a mask, even in the water. We had ours with us, after a mile/five minutes on the bike path we only saw a few people out of maybe 20 wearing a mask. Didn't put it on until it was time to order lunch.
                    Most of this is common sense. I guess you could get it in the water if you were standing close to someone talking to someone for 5 minutes. Sometimes rules aren't there to for the reason you think, its more about keeping things simple for the dummies.

Comment

• Most of the current tracking data shows the spread is predominately due to indoor social gatherings. Outdoors the risks drop significantly.

Other current trends show that the infected folks are actually contagious and capable of spreading 1-4 days before the on-set of symptoms. Especially those who end up with a mild case.

Another interesting trend... a lot people get exposed and rush to get tested. Statistics are showing a lot of false negatives because they get tested before their viral load is enough for the test to pick it up. Then 3-10 days later they end up with symptoms and test positive.

Common sense approaches should work... sadly common sense isn't so common...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Yes, the vaccine race will get dirty... on several fronts.

Right now country-state sponsored cyber bad actors are aggressively targeting everything and anything related to the vaccine development with 2 primary goals in mind... stealing the intellectual property so they can disrupt the market and attempting to take hostage and monetize ransom payments for critical information. China, North Korea and Iran top the list and show the highest amount of targeted attacks against that sector of the health industry.

Then soon... battles over distribution and who gets the vaccine when available will heat up and get nasty in short order both locally and globally the fighting will be ugly...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                              Yes, the vaccine race will get dirty... on several fronts.

Right now country-state sponsored cyber bad actors are aggressively targeting everything and anything related to the vaccine development with 2 primary goals in mind... stealing the intellectual property so they can disrupt the market and attempting to take hostage and monetize ransom payments for critical information. China, North Korea and Iran top the list and show the highest amount of targeted attacks against that sector of the health industry.

Then soon... battles over distribution and who gets the vaccine when available will heat up and get nasty in short order both locally and globally the fighting will be ugly...
                              I haven't really heard anything like this. I am not sure in any bad actors best interests to disrupt anything at this point because places like China need us to buy their shit...

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                                He has some good points but Australia is now in their Summer period, so obviously infections there will be easier to make nil...

Comment

Working...
                                X