No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure Qanon Von! From the doucheknozzle that still beLIEves Trump actually won despite 60 successive court defeats...

Hey guys, I dont' what this Q'Anon is but they sound very interesting.!

You fucking mulleted jackass! '

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
      It's name was Nickel... named after the famous old coin. It was at a ranch next door to my brother's place in California. The owner, a crusty 80+ year old rancher told me it was the damnedest beast... it was a male, but self-identified as a cow and would line up with his dairy cows and file into the milking bays every morning...

I suspect they may be closely related...
      I don't think I have any relations with the redneck hill people in your state...

Comment

• But FFS if so at least HOPEFULLY they own a Bills BACKER bar...

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
          Ha ha ha!

And you believe him... Nickdgullible.
          And all vitriol aside, I don't believe that everyone will be vaccinated by June 1st. But I do believe that the pandemic will be broken by mid-summer. And there will never have happened under a 2nd Trump Admin....

Comment

• It's not rocket surgery and this goes for Texas too, if you elect people to government who hate government and think there should not be rules or regulations then there are a couple of obvious outcomes,

Your government won't work very well in a crisis.

People who are rich will be less affected by that than people that aren't.

Whatever your politics I just think it is a really fucking dumb thing to do during a global pandemic.

Comment

• COVID 19 is Darwin at work.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• The interesting thing when you assess what the "government" is doing in the pandemic. Within the US you have this multi-level government situation and there is is such a wide range of how each state, counties and cities are operating... and the varying results of the actual case statistics the disease is taking.

Schools for example... there are many states that still have schools closed to in-person learning. My state is not one of those... they closed late March - May last year, but reopened fully in August thru present. Cumulative COVID cases among kids aged 0-17 remains the lowest overall for all age groups. Less than 10% infected and 0% deaths...

If you follow the guidance on large group congregating, masks, hand washing and distancing... in-person school environments should be the highest risk environments to be in. Yet they have the lowest infection and spread rate of all age demographics. Clearly the disease doesn't like kids. Why are some governments keeping schools closed..?

I think many people don't understand the difference between government mandates... ie. making and enforcing a regulation or law... and providing guidance for it's citizens to make responsible choices.

Texas is a good example of this... the state government decided they reached point to halt the temporary mandates which is how their constitutional framework is designed. Mask mandates were never permanent law... the guidance on taking responsible measures to continue to minimize the spread of COVID are left to the citizens and businesses to operate as they choose... To me, that's how good governments work to ensure our personal freedoms.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Texas is a good example of this... the state government decided they reached point to halt the temporary mandates which is how their constitutional framework is designed. Mask mandates were never permanent law... the guidance on taking responsible measures to continue to minimize the spread of COVID are left to the citizens and businesses to operate as they choose... To me, that's how good governments work to ensure our personal freedoms.
                  I don't disagree with most of what you said here but the Texas full stop on the mask mandate is just idiocy at its finest. They have nearly the lowest per capita vaccination rate if not the lowest and now a bunch of assholes are going to walk around infecting other people because it is their right...

Left to "businesses"? Have you ever tended bar or waited on a table? They've just thrown their hospitality and retail workers under the bus as now they have to struggle with ignorant assholes with no legal backing. Why not just let people drive drunk then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                    Why not just let people drive drunk then?
                    That's a poor argument, similar to when the ultra-conservatives react to gay marriage with stupidity like "well then we'll have to let people marry their CAR! Or their TOASTER!"
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• If people aren't making responsible decisions to reduce their risk and others at this point... then the mandates weren't helping them make good choices already.

There's a lot of idiots who can't think for themselves to save their own asses when provided all of the common sense knowledge to do so... fuck em... No amount of government intervention will change them and for the rest of us who can assess risk... I'm thankful government bodies act accordingly.

Comment

• No one wants to see government forcing people to take vaccines.

Flip side is I have friends on Facebook who will post a bullshit anti vaccine post and when I look to see where they got it from, it's a Russian who is posting the same BS in French, German, English and Russian in 4 separate posts.

How do we deal with that? This isn't a conspiracy theory I don't know if they are random nuts or funded by Putin or what. I do know it's happening and it stinks.

Comment

• That's a tough call... especially if you support open internet. If they were close friends I'd have a private conversation and try to show them better sources of information. Difficult balance without getting into some sort of cancel culture situation...

If they are idiot acquaintances... call them out as dumbassses or ignore them.

There's a lot of state-sponsored bullshit campaigns getting spread by various countries... both country backed and organized criminal enterprises spreading crap and using the pandemic to steal shit from scared people.

Comment

If people aren't making responsible decisions to reduce their risk and others at this point... then the mandates weren't helping them make good choices already.
                            Em, Texass dropped the mask mandate over the summer the second COVID infections dropped and they went right back up again. It's fucking idiocy. Everything shows that mask wearing and mandates reduces infections. Especially now that you have the new variants...

There's a lot of idiots who can't think for themselves to save their own asses when provided all of the common sense knowledge to do so... fuck em... No amount of government intervention will change them and for the rest of us who can assess risk... I'm thankful government bodies act accordingly.
                            Except those idiots seem to run the gov't in Texas...

Comment

• You have to ask yourself... does the government mandate provide you with some level of comfort? Why are the legal stipulations so damn important to you?

The wave of cases in November - February all occurred with mask mandates, reduced capacity or fully closed facilities. You can't say that the mandates, restrictions and closures were measurably effective. The data just doesn't support it at all. Infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths all climbed significantly with all of the restrictive controls in full force.

Why get all concerned with rates falling now that the mandates are being lifted?

Comment

You have to ask yourself... does the government mandate provide you with some level of comfort?...?
                                Yeah, it's called facts and science...

Comment

Working...
                                X