Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Most everyone here has a mask on, there is the occasional asshole but places like Target and Walmart are pretty strict. Local stores like Tops and Wegmans are rationaling meat and Target only allows 1 pkg. of toilet paper per customer...

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I went to the store this morning. Had a bandana in my jacket pocket. Did not wear it.

All these people crying about masks are the same people bringing all their fucking kids to the store and not watching them, they're clogging up the aisles. Again, it's probably selfish of me to say so, but I like to shop in the middle of the night while there is no one else in the store. I can get in and out with minimal interaction and in less time than I can now. But since people can't be trusted with toilet paper, I gotta go during the day with everyone else.

People are driving worse, too. Like 7 MPH under the speed limit during the day when it's not raining or snowing. Fucking stay home if you're scared!

I do not believe we are all in this together. I refuse to believe the media has our best intentions in mind. I am LOL at everyone who has been anti-government the last three years and now decides that the government is our savior.

I'm not saying I am rushing out to go shopping or to the bar when things get going again. Most of the time I am somewhere during off hours when there aren't many people around, and plan on staying that way.

Plain Dealer had an article about gyms and fitness centers re-opening. Or more like not re-opening, seems our governor is okay with the next health crises being diabetes and obesity. The comments on the article just amaze me. "OMG stay inside!" "You don't need to go to a gym!" "Buy some weights and exercise at home!" The article states:

Yet, once gyms do reopen, they may face an uphill battle. A recent survey of 1,005 adults conducted by the Washington Post showed that 78 percent of Americans do not support the reopening of health clubs. The survey was conducted between April 28 and May 3.
      I'm convinced that 78% is obese and aren't going to the gym anyways.

I did not lose 40 pounds just to have our 120 year old governor tell me I gotta sit inside and get fat again. Fuck that. I'm going outside.

I've about fucking had it with this whole thing.
      Last edited by twonabomber; 05-09-2020, 05:59 PM.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm waiting for a cycling trainer I ordered from Amazon. It sounds like we're closed for another month 'til the 6th at least..

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I have my old mountain bike on the trainer downstairs. It's loud with the knobby tire but I have the PA system down there too

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I got slicks on mine, I have a set of rollers, but those are fucking hardcore. Like you have to balance and even with no tension there's a fair amount of resistance, too old for that falling shit...

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I had road tires on that bike for the longest time but when I got the Raleigh from my stepfather a couple years ago I went back to knobbies on the mountain bike.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Gyms and fitness centers is a tough one... keeping up your health/weight is a great thing. The challenge though is sanitizing the equipment and then there's groups of people with high respiratory activity all in an enclosed space huffin and puffin along... One asymptomatic person with a high contagion load has a heavy workout and the whole building gets a massive exposure.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I go to the gym at midnight and I'm the only one there. Cleaning crew might be in.

It's usually empty between 11:30 pm and 3:30 am. Older guy shows up around 3 am to use the treadmill, then some other people filter in but by then I'm just about ready to leave.

There are times I pull into the parking lot at the grocery store, see how crowded it is, and say "ugh" and leave. I get skeeved out on my own, I don't need the government to do it for me.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Friend of mine from the old 'hood is in Kuwait. She and her husband were long time military and are now contractors. They've had a 4 pm to 8 am curfew for around 75 days and she says they are now on full lockdown. Grocery shopping will be allowed once a week (maybe by appointment, I didn't see details on that) and they're allowed to walk in the neighborhood for two hours every evening.

She says, "Unfortunately, Kuwait has found out a few things during this: 1. It isn’t safe to have 10 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment. And 2. Shouldn’t expect their people to follow self quarantine. Or curfews. Expats are pretty much following rules."

Which makes me think of the Mexican population in my hometown...sometimes 15 living in a small house. Kind of surprised that the county health department only reports between 41 and 50 cases in our shared zip code.
                    Last edited by twonabomber; 05-10-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      I go to the gym at midnight and I'm the only one there. Cleaning crew might be in.

It's usually empty between 11:30 pm and 3:30 am. Older guy shows up around 3 am to use the treadmill, then some other people filter in but by then I'm just about ready to leave.

There are times I pull into the parking lot at the grocery store, see how crowded it is, and say "ugh" and leave. I get skeeved out on my own, I don't need the government to do it for me.
                      You may not but a lot of do. In any case, any gym I've ever gone too sees a significant drop in summer...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber

You also don't need the government to tell you not to drive when you are drunk unfortunately we need the government to try and stop those that will in case they kill us.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah, and the state does a shit job of protecting us from drunk drivers.

I could go on...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Now the tattoo shops are arguing that if hair salons and barbers can open, they should be able to open. Governor says day cares can't open yet, a plan was to be announced yesterday but has been delayed.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Pretty close to the same here, with partial re-openings likely by early next week...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Some parts of NY that are more open and with lower population densities, are set to open Friday, May 15. The Finger-Lakes region, the Southern Tier, and Upstate. At least another two weeks for here I am guessing...

Comment

Working...