Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Yeah, it's called facts and science...
    Nickdgullible

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      You can't say that the mandates, restrictions and closures were measurably effective. The data just doesn't support it at all. Infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths all climbed significantly with all of the restrictive controls in full force.

Whoah what? Of course restrictions reduce COVID apart from it being logical and common sense that if you reduce the things that stop spread then it spreads less there is tons of evidence all over the world already.

Your argument ignores how much worse it could be. Every time a country has tried to go against the public health scientists or try and relax things earlier than other countries it has not gone well at all.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So...Dwayne Johnson supposedly had the virus. He's got an energy drink coming out. I am no raging fan of the Rock and feel that two Rock movies every year are one too many, and he doesn't need my money. I saw this in a recent interview:

Once I got out of Covid, I was speaking to my doctor every day, because he wanted every explicit detail of what my symptoms were. I asked him if we had [contracted] a weaker strain. And he said, “No, it’s a stronger strain that we’re all trying to figure out. But without a doubt, it was your commitment to wellness—to build your body as much as you can muscle-wise, and in terms of immunity, health, vitamins, all of the things we try and do on a daily basis. So keep it up.**
        Which reinforces my belief that closing down gyms was a mistake.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Yeah, it's called facts and science...
          WTF?

The facts and science are pretty clear... masks, distancing, hand washing... do reduce the risk of infection to a certain degree.

The government putting a legal requirement for compliance... doesn't change the risks or the science. It may alter motivation for the weak minded, but based on my observations people are making their own compliance choices regardless of what any government agency mandates.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Whoah what? Of course restrictions reduce COVID apart from it being logical and common sense that if you reduce the things that stop spread then it spreads less there is tons of evidence all over the world already.

Your argument ignores how much worse it could be. Every time a country has tried to go against the public health scientists or try and relax things earlier than other countries it has not gone well at all.
            I didn't mean to imply the restrictions were not effective... just that the results were not remarkable. Statistically it's really difficult to say if the results would be that much worse because the trending doesn't align with the actions in either direction.

There's only been 1 attempt in the last year to relax restrictions... that's not enough cycles to identify a specific trend to feel confident of the cause and effect. The restrictions are far better than doing nothing... but the dynamics of this disease and spread continue to shift and no experts seem to be able to find a solid theory to project infection rates and align preventative measures. In simple terms... we haven't figured this thing out yet.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

WTF?

The facts and science are pretty clear... masks, distancing, hand washing... do reduce the risk of infection to a certain degree.

The government putting a legal requirement for compliance... doesn't change the risks or the science. It may alter motivation for the weak minded, but based on my observations people are making their own compliance choices regardless of what any government agency mandates.
              Then why have any laws at all? If they're only for "the weak minded". I never got the feeling it was the "weak minded" that were typically law abiding or that great minds were akin to sociopathy...
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-08-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                That's a poor argument, similar to when the ultra-conservatives react to gay marriage with stupidity like "well then we'll have to let people marry their CAR! Or their TOASTER!"
                Your analogy of my analogy is much weirder actually. Both drunk driving and not wearing masks in certain circumstances during a pandemic exercise the same reckless indifference to others....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

You have to ask yourself... does the government mandate provide you with some level of comfort? Why are the legal stipulations so damn important to you?

The wave of cases in November - February all occurred with mask mandates, reduced capacity or fully closed facilities. You can't say that the mandates, restrictions and closures were measurably effective. The data just doesn't support it at all. Infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths all climbed significantly with all of the restrictive controls in full force.

Why get all concerned with rates falling now that the mandates are being lifted?
                  All a mask does is help stop the atomization of spit droplets in the air. They help reduce the spread of a virus not eliminate it. I got so tired of a mask being treated as some magical item that would keep people safe. Can you spread and catch COVID19 while wearing a mask? Absolutely. Other things come into play like distancing, washing your hands, not touching your face and keeping your immune system healthy by exercising, eating right and getting enough sleep.

The main problem with COVID19 is it’s highly contagious. The second problem is the politicians politicized it and the media blew things out of proportion and the public took sides arguing one extreme over the other. All I can say if COVID 19 was Ebola the world would be rid of some very stupid people. Maybe next time.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    All I can say if COVID 19 was Ebola the world would be rid of some very stupid people. Maybe next time.
                    Including Trump, Johnson and Bolsonaro.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

One of my neighbors was involved in this operation. They were worried about a Ebola pandemic. He said the US military deployed without getting the politicians involved because they are incompetent and get in the way. If COVID 19 was Ebola the response would have been way different. The whole COVID response was a joke. Don’t wear a mask, wear a mask, wear two masks. What the hell?
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Looking at CNN and Fox News sites, it appears that the displaced "royals" have defeated the wirus.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There was some questionable things about the interview but that didn't strike me as a thing.

The 'destitute' couple who can't afford security are in a bubble and Oprah always looked to be a decent distance away and it was outside? The camera crew were masked up and I assume everyone was tested.

Oprah is a far too important member of royalty to be put at risk.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It makes me wonder if a "royal flush" was just clearing the stool....

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              There was some questionable things about the interview but that didn't strike me as a thing.

The 'destitute' couple who can't afford security are in a bubble and Oprah always looked to be a decent distance away and it was outside? The camera crew were masked up and I assume everyone was tested.

Oprah is a far too important member of royalty to be put at risk.
                              I meant Harry and Yoko were the lead story on both sites...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                I meant Harry and Yoko were the lead story on both sites...
                                Ahh

It's been everywhere all day I think - I try and avoid it as much as possible.

Comment

Working...