Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

I agree, Sesh. Half-assed measures, taken in the name of holy economic growth, no matter how much harm it may cause to some people.

I'm in a doctor's waiting room just now because I have fever and feel tired and like black and blue - but still can smell.
    If I caught the virus, no doubt it was at work. But I don't think it is covid though, just classic flu.
    I have to make sure.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

A staffer at our high school tested positive. This has created a whole shitstorm in the village. I don't have kids so there is no effect on me.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

With the current increases reported around the world... I've come to the conclusion that the medical, scientific and epidemiologist experts still don't have definitive answers to competently advise... policy and decision makers aren't making the best choices...

Appears the humans don't have a handle on this... not sure what's up with the Scandinavian countries. Are they really that low of infection rates or are they not testing at the same rates other developed countries are... or just damn lucky..?
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            With the current increases reported around the world... I've come to the conclusion that the medical, scientific and epidemiologist experts still don't have definitive answers to competently advise... policy and decision makers aren't making the best choices...

Appears the humans don't have a handle on this... not sure what's up with the Scandinavian countries. Are they really that low of infection rates or are they not testing at the same rates other developed countries are... or just damn lucky..?

A funny parody on the policy and decision making process.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Funny video...

That guy who made it is a spittin image of an old buddy of mine Mike... who back in 78 lost control of his Harley doing about 80 MPH and crashed through a dental office. He and the bike passed through 2 exterior walls and the lobby. He lived to tell about it...

After 2 years in the hospital and massive reconstructive surgeries, I picked him and we were sitting in my car on the cliffs of Capitola, California catching up and a cop checks on us to see if we were partying, which we weren't. Ran our ID's and arrested my buddy for a failure to appear warrant from his wreck 2 years ago. He still had a full cast on his leg and we showed the cops his discharge paper work from the hospital... a 2 inch thick folder's worth. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the jail because they couldn't fit him and his full leg cast into the police car. I followed them and bailed him out 30 minutes later...

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

Funny video...

That guy who made it is a spittin image of an old buddy of mine Mike... who back in 78 lost control of his Harley doing about 80 MPH and crashed through a dental office. He and the bike passed through 2 exterior walls and the lobby. He lived to tell about it...

After 2 years in the hospital and massive reconstructive surgeries, I picked him and we were sitting in my car on the cliffs of Capitola, California catching up and a cop checks on us to see if we were partying, which we weren't. Ran our ID's and arrested my buddy for a failure to appear warrant from his wreck 2 years ago. He still had a full cast on his leg and we showed the cops his discharge paper work from the hospital... a 2 inch thick folder's worth. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the jail because they couldn't fit him and his full leg cast into the police car. I followed them and bailed him out 30 minutes later...
                I get that there is due process and legal procedures, and it's an oversimplification to say this, but it's asinine the cops basically arrested him to shake down for bail money.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Funny video...

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing this memory Zah!
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've talked to people that live there and there are a few reasons. Scandinavians are real sticklers for rules, if the government tells them to do something they really fucking do it. It's to do with social contracts and so on, the government helps them and they help their government.

Secondly Scandinavians don't hang around in bars that much. Thirdly they already maintain more social distance at normal times, they aren't as fat, they have fewer comorbidities and excellent government healthcare.

All that said, they aren't that happy with the way things worked out.

HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT WORK WITH THIS VIRUS.

It is unachievable because you don't get enough antibodies.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Read an article that Sweden is considering localized lockdowns as their infection rates are up 170+% and are experiencing one of the highest death rates per capita in the world.

Maybe they were just lucky and it ran out rather than they had an effective approach...

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Secondly Scandinavians don't hang around in bars that much.https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2728
                        I'm half-Swedish and have visited maybe 10 times. I agree with much of your post...but I will say that my cousins spend a lot of time drinking in Swedish bars.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dolly Parton helped fund COVID 19 vaccine??

yahoo.com
                                Dolly Parton's $1M donation helped fund promising COVID-19 vaccine: 'I just wanted it to do good'
                                Taryn Ryder·Writer, Yahoo Entertainment
                                Tue, November 17, 2020, 10:13 AM PST

Dolly Parton really can do it all. She can sing. She can act. She can… “cure” coronavirus?

OK, not really, as there’s no known cure for COVID-19, but Parton fans are having a lot of fun applauding the country icon for her philanthropic work that might have a big impact on the pandemic.

This week, Moderna announced early results show its COVID-19 vaccine is 94.5 percent effective at preventing infection. A report published in the New England Journal of Medicine credits the “Dolly Parton Covid-19 Research Fund (Vanderbilt University Medical Center)” as a supporter, plus many other groups.

Fact-checking this was worth it just to see @DollyParton in the acknowledgments of a @NEJM article. And I thought I couldn’t love her more. https://t.co/S3njHEFcGT pic.twitter.com/WcrFIrHp67

— Dr. Meade Krosby (@MeadeKrosby) November 17, 2020
                                Parton became a trending topic Tuesday for her role in Moderna’s success, which she addressed on the Today show.

“Yeah! That’s what I understand this morning,” Parton shared. “I’m just happy that anything I do can help somebody else. When I donated the money to the Covid fund, I just wanted it to do good, and evidently, it is. Let’s just hope we find a cure real soon.”

In April, Parton announced she was donating $1 million to Vanderbilt towards COVID-19 research.

“My longtime friend Dr Naji Abumrad, who’s been involved in research at Vanderbilt for many years, informed me that they were making some exciting advancements towards research of the coronavirus for a cure,” she wrote. “I am making a donation of $1 million to Vanderbilt towards that research and to encourage people that can afford it to make donations.”

Twitter is reveling in Parton’s connection to the promising vaccine.

Dolly Parton donated $1 million to Vanderbilt for vaccine research.

Vanderbilt researchers were involved in the Moderna trials.

Ergo, Dolly Parton helped cure COVID.

— Jonathan "Boo and Vote" Cohn (@JonathanCohn) November 17, 2020
                                Dolly Parton can cure COVID but COVID could never write ‘Jolene’ and ‘I Will Always Love You’ in the same day!!!

— Zara Rahim (@ZaraRahim) November 17, 2020
                                Shakespeare may have written King Lear during the plague, but Dolly Parton funded a covid vaccine, dropped a Christmas album and a Christmas special.

— Lyz Lenz (@lyzl) November 17, 2020
                                Give Dolly Parton the Nobel Peace Prize

— Morgan Jerkins (@MorganJerkins) November 17, 2020
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...