Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I've grown completely intolerant of the mask debate... It's a real simple situation.

Multiple people indoors... running their mouths... mostly keeping 6 feet (2 meters) apart:

All masked... about a 3% infection rate. Mixed masked about a 6% infection rate. No masks about a 17% infection rate.

Masking doesn't offer significant safety under any scenario. It does offer some reduction in infectious spread when most people wear them. Some is better than none...

It's the most economical and frankly the only preventative widely available globally until vaccines and treatments are developed.

Finally... no body gives a rat's ass what you look like in a mask...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's a bit disappointing when you realize you don't get ID'd for liquor even when they can only see your eyes...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Work says if we're 9 feet away from others at our workstation we don't have to wear a mask. I put a tape measure down and made sure that the main aisle was far enough away from where I do most of my work. I'll keep the mask in my pocket though.

We've still got restrictions on how many people can be in conference rooms and the break room. Most people are going outside on break.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Stopped at MGM Northfield Park around 2 am this morning. Usual size crowd for that time of night. A lot of the slots have been pulled from the floor, and where there is a row of machines every other machine is out of service. There are a few hand washing stations on the floor as well. Only one restaurant is open, main bar and (of course) the buffet are closed. Masks required for entry.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Our county saw a jump in the last week... went from 1 active positive to 33. Based on contact tracing data it appears the biggest spread event was linked to a church service similar to the initial outbreak we had back in March.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

County site is down right now but I think we're up to 17 deaths.

Cleveland's mayor signed an order requiring masks in public spaces. The county executive is expected to do the same this week.

Governor DeWine seems to have dumped the decisions on the cities. The new acting health director is a lawyer and not a doctor, so no one will feel bad giving him a hard time.

Comment

• silverfish
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                  I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More cities making masking mandatory... amazing the responses people are having. SMH

Hey Sesh... how are things being handled in the UK? Still shutdown? Masking mandatory?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The UK locked down too late so was one of the worst in Europe. England compare themselves to the US to make themselves feel better and Scotland compares itself to England for the same reason but its all been a shit show. Locking down even a week earlier would have reduced the deaths by 50%. The other major fuck up was clearing the hospitals of elderly patients to free up beds by sticking them in care homes but without testing them so they took it with them which is how half the deaths happened. So those 2 government mistakes may have cost 30 000 lives. Scale that up by population and that is your own government doing fifty 9-11s on it's own population.

You notice I'm talking past tense which isn't accurate but here in Scotland we are down to a handful of cases and maybe a death a week in a population of 6 million. Scotland has been more cautious coming out of lock down and is just starting to reopen shops and outside bars, The English hit the pubs last weekend so we'll see how that goes, they are still getting pocket outbreaks. Masks are meant to be compulsory on public transport and places where you can't avoid mixing from next week but I don't see many people wearing them here yet maybe 10-20%. I've been pondering that the more expensive the store the more masks you see. I don't think that can be down to the price of masks so that makes you wonder if it's education being older or just having more to lose? Wonder if it's a universal thing across the world or cultural. Could be a good college paper in that for someone...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-09-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Things up here in Cascadia were starting to "open up" gradually, but now they're rethinking it. The Washington State Fair in Puyallup is usually the biggest thing in September. Goes on for most of the month. Not this year....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The virus isn't political, when is the penny going to drop...?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Masks are inexpensive, physical distancing is free...

The real challenge appears to be getting people to make reasonably simple modifications in their behavior to alter the course of this virus outbreak.

This is not some sort of bullshit scam or global political scheme to alter the power structure in the world. It's just a highly contagious viral pathogen that is making people sick and in measurable cases die...

It's mind boggling that we have the history and understand the science of what's happening yet can't make minor changes to save ourselves.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004