Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The local FOX doesn't (yet) toe the Republican line like the national does, but the constant pontificating after stories has turned me off.

I haven't bothered to turn the locals on this week, not even for the weather.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

I keep getting Tinder and Bumble notifications. I wonder if "I wouldn't mind catching a virus from something as fine as YOU" would be a good pick-up line...
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

This is why world leaders used to avoid just saying whatever BS comes into their head.

Comment

Darwin at work. Enough Googling and they would have found it anyways.

Comment

How can people be talking about returning to normal in 2 weeks. The cases will double every 5 days so the US and UK so we will have 8 times as many cases in 2 weeks.

Comment

Two weeks is overly optimistic... most folks who've contracted it may not even show symptoms for the first 2 weeks. To have an impact I believe 4-8 weeks is more realistic if you can get majority of the population to limit their public movement to only essential things.

I understand the impact to small businesses... but this should be a huge wake-up call to business owners and most people. If shutting down for a week or a month puts you out of business... your business model needs serious adjustment.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                  I understand the impact to small businesses... but this should be a huge wake-up call to business owners and most people. If shutting down for a week or a month puts you out of business... your business model needs serious adjustment.
                  That's easy to say but to be 'efficient' enough so that you can compete with the big corporations that don't have to pay tax, margins are super tight for a lot of people.

Plus a lot of people have wives and they are as spendy as fuck.

Comment

LOL no kidding on the spendy wives element!!

It takes a ton of discipline and risk management to keep a business open these days especially with mega-corporations like Amazon, etc out there sucking up most of the small business opportunity.

I've just observed a lot of small businesses in my little town go under because they didn't plan or execute a sound approach for handling seasonal swings due to our tourist based industry...

On the Pandemic front... 4 days holding on no new positive cases in my county. First death recorded was a 91 year old man.

This virus is brutal on the elderly and people with existing health issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                      If you think your leader is a idiot, here comes the king of the fuckwits...

Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro says coronavirus crisis is a media trick

Far-right president has resisted strong measures to stop spread of what he calls a ‘little flu’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1584969318
                      The irony here is that Brazilian street and drugs gangs are imposing curfews in the inner cities and riding around in cars with bullhorns telling people to get off the streets and to enforce social distancing as "they're not taking COVID-19 seriously enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                        On the Pandemic front... 4 days holding on no new positive cases in my county. First death recorded was a 91 year old man.

This virus is brutal on the elderly and people with existing health issues.
                        It's interesting reading about how the US led the fight against ebola when you compare her to nowadays.

I think what hasn't registered yet with a lot of people is that it doesn't even matter if you control it in the US it will just come back again. That's why the US sent 3000 troops to help fight ebola in Africa. The minute something is a pandemic then it's a planet problem. Pandemics don't have nationalities, that's why H1N1 wasn't called North American flu.

Comment

Comment

It's starting to get bad in NYC, they have a refrigerated body truck to house the dead at Elmhurst Hospital...

Comment

Reports here, Arkansas, that the Governor will most likely declare a 10 day shelter in place order for the state. Seems to be stepping up the shutdown of things beyond non-essential businesses.

It's really a shame that they have to take these measures... but on the other hand, people just aren't taking this seriously enough and voluntarily staying home.

Comment

On the upside, Gov Cuomo said the social distancing measures seem to be lessening the hospital inflow...

Comment

Working...
                                X