Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Coronavirus Community Watch - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
    I wonder what the lead time is on those ads. Could have been planned and printed a month ago.

"Spiked water" is the 2000's wine cooler...
    Well, the previous week's ad had a thank you note to their employees for working under the current crisis (or words to that effect) so this one would have had to be printed during the pandemic. Maybe they printed it on April 1 and somebody thought it would be a good "April Fools" joke?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• I'm home for a week, my usual schedule. It'll be nice to get away from the bleach and 409 fumes at work. New plant manager bleach bombed the break room one morning and I coughed the rest of the week. Told our EHS guy that if my choices were being poisoned by bleach fumes or the virus, I'd take my chances with the virus.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Wouldn't know it by stopping at the store but it appears my county is staying home:

There have been 29 coronavirus-related hospitalizations and seven Intensive Care Unit admissions as of 2 p.m., April 7. The ages of those who have been hospitalized range from 40-94 years old and the average age is 63, according to the report.
              Five deaths, all men, ages range from 55 to 93. The average age is 74.

County population is around 227,255.
              Last edited by twonabomber; 04-10-2020, 05:34 PM.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• The geographical size of the US is your friend and may offset some of the crazy policies for a while at least.

The death rate for men is way higher than for women everywhere, there are various theories for this but nothing certain at the moment.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-10-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post

This is a good chart to point out as it stops people panicking about the itchy or watery eyes and sneezing caused by all the cleaning fluids....

Comment

• I was slightly concerned last week when I thought I was "a little over heated". Thankfully just mild dehydration, no fever. The usual seasonal allergies are annoying as ever, but not deadly at least.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• I'm back on the busy end of our machine. I'm moving most of the day. We have to wear "bump caps" and I sweat like a mofo in those things. Got warm at one point, got cold later. Typical work day. My eyes will be itchy soon. I am just itchy overall right now, slightly skeeved out. Hands and wrists are dry due to cleaners and sanitizers. I need to get in the garage and working on something, get some protective grease in my system

I think I was more anxious to get the fuck out of there yesterday than I am before I go on vacation. Stopped twice for supplies after work this week. Really glad to see people bringing the whole fucking family along and not watching what the kids do. Get out of the way! And the woman in front of me Wednesday night held a napkin as she picked everything up and was dropping stuff back into the cart. I think her husband was getting annoyed. This is why I shop at 6 am after work or 3 am when I am off. Having to be there when everyone else is isn't doing anything for me.

We continue to be busy. 150% of plan, this time of year we are around 75% of plan. If we have a snag it'll likely be running out of raw materials. Easter is not a paid holiday on our schedule, we'll be running. I go back next Friday night.

Comment

• Here's the age stats for Arkansas for positive cases (1202):

0-17: 33
                        18-24: 75
                        25-44: 351
                        45-64: 428
                        65+: 284

Male = 42.5%
                        Female = 57.5%

Black: 296
                        White: 749
                        American Indian: 4
                        Asian: 17
                        Pacific Islander: 2
                        Multiracial: 3
                        Other: 25
                        Missing: 75

In my county, out of ~25,000 we've had 69 positive, 34 recovered and 4 deaths.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Looks like things are improving here in FORD Country.....

theolympian.com
                          Thurston County COVID-19 cases unchanged at 80; people recovering inches up to 67
                          By Loumay Alesali

The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Thurston County was unchanged at 80 after public health officials announced no new cases over the weekend.

However, the number of people who either have recovered or are recovering did rise to 67 on Sunday from 66 on Saturday, according to Thurston County Public Health and Social Services. Other categories were unchanged. The county still has one death and 13 people have been hospitalized.

Does the lack of new cases suggest the spread of the respiratory illness is slowing?

County data would appear to suggest it, showing a growing number of cases that peaked with 31 the week of March 30. Since then the number of cases has fallen to 13, the data show.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• When you look at the figures from Scandinavia it looks like population density is a factor, it would help explain why deaths by population in Scotland are a good bit lower than in England.

The population density of Thurston Count is 58 per square km. In the UK as a whole it is ten times that. New York State is 159, New York City is 1100.

Comment

• Simple logic works... more people, more spread, more dead... This version is really, really contagious.

It appears progress is being made in reducing the overall spread... I just hope people have the patience to keep the current measures going long enough to get a handle on this.

I don't believe we're even half way there yet...

Comment

• Encouraging status for my county... 9 days no new cases confirmed and holding at 70 total. Factoring in reported recovered 40 and deaths 4 we're at 26 active cases. Out of ~25,000 population.

Comment

Working...
                                X