No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a religious happy clapper in charge. Luckily, he’s far better at his own bad publicity, which is a bit ironic. He’s been sacked from all the promo jobs. FOI rules prevent us from asking why, and half the god fearing voters still think he’s great.
    The general western problem is that the opposition is fucking shithouse too.
    We are gradually turning into America.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
      We are gradually turning into America.
      The UK is as well. The UK government is now attacking the media constantly and adopting the other Trump mantra of 'never ever apologize no matter how much you fuck up'.

I often wonder about people who are fine with that and the whole fake news thing. If there was no mainstream media that only leaves the government as your source of all information.

a) Are you fine with that 1984 scenario?
      b) How the fuck is that in any way not elitest?

Non 'mainstream media' is just comment it doesn't gather information or create content it just talks about it. It may often be a bit shit but it's all we have - like democracy it's the least bad option.

Comment

• I'm conflicted over y'all's comments on turning into America... I can see both up and down sides of that equation...

Can't feel any sympathy for verbal attacks on any faction of the media... far too much of the criticism is well earned. It wasn't too long ago majority of news reporting was predominately true journalism of reporting facts and observations of events. Opinions and editorials were only 10% of the media's output.

Today the lines are way too blurred to put much stock in most reporting... even when attempts are made at journalism the reporting bodies still tend to push politically motivated angles and selective points of view. Truth and full facts in context are elusive...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Stopped at BW3 after our last day of work like usual. Except we get in there and it's practically empty. A lot of empty space at the bar. We were able to put a couple tables together, we still had less than 10 people in our group and we explained we'd already been at work together all week. As I figured, people are going to stay away on their own.

Coming back home by the ball fields and the Little League teams are practicing. Kind of good to see. At least those kids are active.

Downtown Cleveland's curfew will be lifted today but the mayor says if shit stirs up again he'll close it down. One of my co-worker's sons lives downtown, he was going to go for a run the other evening and the National Guard outside his building told him he couldn't. I wouldn't even consider going that way on my bike, I may head out to the trails in the country this week while I'm off.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Not happy with seeing the active positive numbers rising here in Arkansas... The good news is it's fairly localized community spread and expanded testing driving the rise. The biggest jumps are a result of community spread surrounding specific factories and meat processing facilities.

Good news is toilet paper shelves are stocked again and certain cleaning products are showing back up. Meat is back in stock but prices are way up...

Latest supply chain issue... trash bags in short supply and forget trying to find a freezer for household use any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
              Good news is toilet paper shelves are stocked again and certain cleaning products are showing back up. Meat is back in stock but prices are way up...

Latest supply chain issue... trash bags in short supply and forget trying to find a freezer for household use any time soon.
              I never realized you guys still had supply chain issues. We had the toilet roll shortage and less choice of meat and veg for about 3 weeks. A lack of some cleaning products and hand sanitizer went on for longer but that's been about it.

Oh and a shortage of white wine for a couple of days when they announced the schools were shutting...

Comment

• There is TP where I usually shop but it's an off-brand.

I guess one's hole doesn't care what brand it is.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• The Target I go to here have the good TP but the shelves aren't full but it is plentiful and they have a 2 pckg. per person limit. As far as bags I have notices that and the meat sections seem a little light but still a full range of products. I had to coach my mom on how to buy TP because the shelves at the Tops supermarket she goes to has no paper products on the shelves as of a couple weeks ago, you have to ask for it...

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                    There is TP where I usually shop but it's an off-brand.

I guess one's hole doesn't care what brand it is.
                    You apparently didn't have to by RV/boating TP like I did as I was actually on my last roll when the panic buying started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                      McDonalds are closing all their Drive Thru's in the UK from today.
                      Now back open. Huge queues - the longest 11 weeks of some people's lives...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                        You apparently didn't have to by RV/boating TP like I did as I was actually on my last roll when the panic buying started.
                        No one seemed to notice they could still buy face tissues/paper handkerchiefs. Also no one(else) was buying flu medicine??

The whole thing was weird the way it spread around the world, I blame the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                          I didn't.

I had a fresh 9-pack under the sink, and I could have sworn I had another 9 rolls left from the Sam's Club mega pack I had bought months ago. I found those in the closet, buried under clean towels. I haven't had to buy any yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                            No one seemed to notice they could still buy face tissues/paper handkerchiefs. Also no one(else) was buying flu medicine??

The whole thing was weird the way it spread around the world, I blame the internet.
                            I tried to find a thermometer and everyone was cleaned out so ended up buying one on Amazon from a piece of shit Chinese scam company in March. Listed delivery was May 1st, then it kept changing. I finally got my money back from Amazon and left a review among the other bad ones.

I'm not sure how real it was but the local sewer depts. were saying not to flush facial tissues or wipes as they didn't breakdown and clogged up filter grates. I doubt they had any real issues though...

Comment

• I noticed pain relievers typically used to treat a fever are making their way back in-stock.

As the numbers continue to stack up... it's really clear that rural areas are very much under control and the community spread is continuing in areas with the higher population density.

I think we can safely drop the whole bullshit notion that the virus would die out during warmer summer temperatures... the continued rise across the southern US clearly demonstrates that hot and humid conditions are not impeding the rate of infection in any measurable form.

I hear a lot of people concerned the outbreak will come back this fall... I'm like really..? With record numbers of community spread being hit daily right now... wouldn't it need to significantly decline before we can talk about a "new" wave..?

Comment

• 344 cases in the county, still at 12 deaths.

Comment

Working...
                                X