X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Pretty amazed at the crowds this Memorial weekend drew here in this tourist community... lots of out of state plates filled the parking lots around the lake. Tons of boats out... which we took advantage of too. It will be interesting to see if we have any measurable spikes in a week or two locally. We were at 0 active cases for about a week... then one new active positive a week ago and holding in our county.
    Amazed? You can’ t keep people cooped up forever. Viruses are killed by sun and heat. People are better off going outside plus we need to be exposed to stuff to keep our immune systems strong. You don’t build much of an immune system living in a bubble.

It’s time to get back to normal life and maybe there will be a bump in cases but we have had flu seasons where 80,000 have died and we never shut down or even talked about it much.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There was an article about the fall wave on CNN the other day, and it was full of "might," "could," and "would," and I'm thinking so because of that, I'm supposed to stay home?

I'm going back to the gym later. They've got a 25 person capacity posted and a person staffing the door to make sure they don't go over...I'll go in the middle of the night like I always do. I've been at 180 for a couple weeks. I'm sure I lost a little muscle weight but I am ready to get started again.

Still under 300 cases here in the county and up to 12 deaths. I have been to my mom's a couple times but we were mostly doing stuff outside.

Now the state is saying there were cases mid-January, including one here on January 15. I was sick the last two weeks of January, symptoms line up, maybe I had it? If I can get the antibody test I'll do it.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        There was an article about the fall wave on CNN the other day, and it was full of "might," "could," and "would," and I'm thinking so because of that, I'm supposed to stay home?

I'm going back to the gym later. They've got a 25 person capacity posted and a person staffing the door to make sure they don't go over...I'll go in the middle of the night like I always do. I've been at 180 for a couple weeks. I'm sure I lost a little muscle weight but I am ready to get started again.

Still under 300 cases here in the county and up to 12 deaths. I have been to my mom's a couple times but we were mostly doing stuff outside.

Now the state is saying there were cases mid-January, including one here on January 15. I was sick the last two weeks of January, symptoms line up, maybe I had it? If I can get the antibody test I'll do it.
        There are so many variables that nobody knows but you can’t live in a bubble forever. You have people trying to make money off this. You have political motives. Some people want to keep the lockdowns going because it benefits them. If you are Bill Gates you are seeing a 20:1 profit margin on a vaccine. Not everyone wants the problem to go away quickly because it’s an opportunity for them to get gain. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          There are so many variables that nobody knows but you can’t live in a bubble forever. You have people trying to make money off this. You have political motives.
          You mean like people invested in drug companies that make things like hydroxychloroquine?

Some people want to keep the lockdowns going because it benefits them.
          For fuck! Like who? Netflix?

If you are Bill Gates you are seeing a 20:1 profit margin on a vaccine. Not everyone wants the problem to go away quickly because it’s an opportunity for them to get gain. Never let a crisis go to waste.
          Gates will have little to do with any vaccine nor the profits from it. Dumbass.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Amazed? You can’ t keep people cooped up forever. Viruses are killed by sun and heat. People are better off going outside plus we need to be exposed to stuff to keep our immune systems strong. You don’t build much of an immune system living in a bubble.
            They're killed by UV and humidity. But Covid-19 has spread in hot climates like Australia. I agree that we have to build "herd immunity" and all that, and yes we need to reopen. That doesn't mean being fucking retarded about it like covering up Corona cases and ditching social distancing and pretending nothing has happened...

It’s time to get back to normal life and maybe there will be a bump in cases but we have had flu seasons where 80,000 have died and we never shut down or even talked about it much.
            Fucking bullshit! There are no recent flu seasons with near that, and that's over the course of a year. Over 100,000 have died in three fucking months! In Korea we had about 38,000 war dead, Vietnam about 58,000. For fuck, if this were a terrorist campaign or a war do you think idiots would be out in the streets "protesting" the tactics against the enemy?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You want a road-map of fucking mindless opening for the economy? Look at what has happened at the meat packing plants! You're just gonna have waves of this shit rolling through offices/factories/whatever if we don't have testing and plans to react in place...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                You mean like people invested in drug companies that make things like hydroxychloroquine?

For fuck! Like who? Netflix?

Gates will have little to do with any vaccine nor the profits from it. Dumbass.
                The patent ran out on hydroxychloroquine. It’s a cheap drug mostly manufactured in India. It’s widely used in places where malaria is a problem.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Oh there’s lots of people hoping to score big $$$$ with a COVID19 vaccine. Bill is just one of them. With big pharma being one of the largest advertisers in the broadcast media they can sell a vaccine or an expensive medicine as the only cure and discredit something that they won’t make money on.

Who benefits from a shut down and a bad economy? The Democrat Party. Anyways places are opening up. People will quarantine for a few weeks but not for a few months. That’s the reality. We had the Hong Kong Flu in 1969. We didn’t shut everything down then.

You aren’t going to be able to track and test people without violating their constitutional rights. If you really want to set things off try that one. People are tired of this shit and they are going to go out and have fun this summer. That’s the reality.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I hear a lot of people making claims to "their constitutional rights" but am finding a lot of people are just creatively making shit up to justify whatever they want to do... The constitution doesn't work that way... many of the most vocal are misinformed.

Your freedom of movement, gathering and privacy is not unlimited. It's heavily regulated, licensed and quite restricted in so many ways. Certainly you can refuse to be tested or tracked... that's your right. But with that, it can come with you being restricted from access to public and private spaces/property, license to operate a vehicle, attend public schools, license to operate in hundreds of trades/jobs... the list can go on and on... All of a sudden your "constitutional rights" while limitless, become impossible for you to be a part of what most consider normal life.

You don't a right to act irresponsibly... No one has the constitutional right to infect others with a virus.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah, but sadly you have a lot of Americans for whom part of being an American means doing what you want to do and taking your chances...that life's a gamble, and so be it.

And it's useless to use logic and science when countering this mindset, even if the result ends up being infecting others with viruses: too many people just flat-out don't really give a shit about anybody else in a meaningful way, certainly not nearly as much as themselves and their own wants/desires (as opposed to needs)...folks will do useless things like tweet out thoughts and prayers, but actually changing their living habits in a meaningful way even though while it may be personally inconvenient it may save the lives of other Americans those making the 'sacrifice' will never meet?

Nah. Too much fucking work to actually DO that, with too little in terms of a tangible result. Publicly shaming such folks tends not to work, either. Tell 'em that their failure to change their living habits may result in, say, their being asymptomatic yet infecting others and killing them, these folks will say "whatever, fuck 'em: only the strong survive."

Laws, rules, regulations, licensing and constitutional rights are great, in theory. Useless in practice unless people follow them and there are ample people to enforce them: if people say 'fuck it' then it's fucked.

Obviously, I for one hope we don't have wave after wave of this virus because - since we don't have a vaccine - as a species we don't have uniformity of consensus in terms of social distancing and the like. Having said that, we probably will.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The patent ran out on hydroxychloroquine. It’s a cheap drug mostly manufactured in India. It’s widely used in places where malaria is a problem.
                        Yeah, and for some autoimmune diseases. But it's completely useless for COVID-19 yet some continued to tout it almost bizarrely, and had financial ties to the drug maker...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/bill...c-benefit.html
                          Oh there’s lots of people hoping to score big $$$$ with a COVID19 vaccine. Bill is just one of them. With big pharma being one of the largest advertisers in the broadcast media they can sell a vaccine or an expensive medicine as the only cure and discredit something that they won’t make money on.
                          From January of this year and pre-pandemic (in America) and completely outdated and useless. The vaccine more than likely will probably come from Oxford (University) Group. Possibly as soon as early Autumn..

Who benefits from a shut down and a bad economy? The Democrat Party.
                          Then why was it great under Obama and Clinton? Why did Bush completely fuck things in 2007-08?

The only real benefit to Democrats is that they show that the GOP is filled with and led by fuckwits that would fuck-up a wet dream with their inherent and almost willful incompetence! And that white people in suburbia are stupid for autovoting them...

Anyways places are opening up.
                          Praise Jesus and God willing!

People will quarantine for a few weeks but not for a few months. That’s the reality. We had the Hong Kong Flu in 1969. We didn’t shut everything down then.
                          More like 1968-1970. Because there was already some herd immunity, and 100,000 didn't die in three months. And H1N1 is 10 to 20 time less infectious and fatal than Covid-19.

WE DID QUARANTINE during the 1918 Flu Pandemic and the places with the most restrictive lock-downs recovered faster!

You don't have to "quarantine" everywhere for months, just the places hardest hit. That doesn't mean completely disregard social distancing protocols. It's not either or or black and white. Economy vs. Lock-down. We should be almost totally able to open if we had a more efficient testing system like South Korean and Germany, but we have a pResident that is a fucktard that wants to prevent testing and cover-up numbers and deaths rather than prevent them...

You aren’t going to be able to track and test people without violating their constitutional rights.
                          Which ones? What about my constitutional rights not to be infected by fucking retards?

If you really want to set things off try that one. People are tired of this shit and they are going to go out and have fun this summer. That’s the reality.
                          Again, nothing mutually exclusive between having fun and maintaining vigilance and testing. I have MORE rights to enjoy the summer with out a bunch of fucking Typhoid Marys running around like lunatics and special education kids on a rampage!!..
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-30-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Lest there be any doubt:

Economists Agree: Democratic Presidents are Better at Making Us Rich. Eight Reasons Why.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Greetings all. We have just endured the most hellish nine months in my lifetime. Drought lead to half the country burning, then when that was somewhat under control, flooding. Then the virus.
                              We got through all this, and have flattened our curve to almost zero. You know how we did it? By pulling together for the common good.
                              I’m sitting here watching your country burning, and it’s going to get worse. My heart is with you all.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

UK USA and Brazil discovering that if you elect fucking idiots rather than those cunt 'elitists' that know stuff then a lot more people die when things go wrong...

Comment

Working...