Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkmonkey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

When the vaccine comes out, I think I'm going to wait and see what happens to the first group that runs out to get it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

When/if it comes out that won't be the first group - that will be the 4th or 5th group or more.

Trump (like Putin) is going to tell you that the vaccine has come or is just about to come when it suits them to say so politically. That doesn't change the fact you won't get it this year.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
        When the vaccine comes out, I think I'm going to wait and see what happens to the first group that runs out to get it.
        I thought you fucking monkeys were the first group to get it!

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I thought you fucking monkeys were the first group to get it!
          You've got something against fucking monkeys? That's how I got here!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is now linked to more than 250,000 cases

motherjones.com
            Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is now linked to more than 250,000 cases
            Madison Pauly

The inevitable fallout from last month’s Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, an annual event that packed nearly 500,000 people into a small town in South Dakota, is becoming clear, and the emerging picture is grim.

According to a new study, which tracked anonymized cellphone data from the rally, over 250,000 coronavirus cases have now been tied to the 10-day event, one of the largest to be held since the start of the pandemic. It drew motorcycle enthusiasts from around the country, many of whom were seen without face coverings inside crowded bars, restaurants, and other indoor establishments.

The explosion in cases, the study from the Germany-based IZA Institute of Labor Economics finds, is expected to reach $12 billion in public health costs.

“The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally represents a situation where many of the ‘worst-case scenarios’ for super-spreading occurred simultaneously,” the researchers wrote, “the event was prolonged, included individuals packed closely together, involved a large out-of-town population, and had low compliance with recommended infection countermeasures such as the use of masks.”

The conclusion, while staggering, is unlikely to surprise to public health officials who warned that proceeding with the rally could be disastrous, particularly given the region’s relaxed attitude towards social distancing guidelines and some of the attendees’ mockery of the pandemic. “Screw COVID. I went to Sturgis,” read one t-shirt from the rally, where overwhelming support for President Trump was the norm.

The study comes on the heels of the first reported death from the event, a Minnesota man in his 60’s who attended the rally who died last week. South Dakota now has one of the country’s highest rates of coronavirus cases.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

I understand that medical companies have to charge more than just the materials cost to recoup their research and development including manufacturing costs. But a 100,000% mark-up is total highway robbery according to my monkey brain. Pricing for Epi-Pens are crazy, too. You can buy a syringe of epinephrine (adrenaline) for $20. But put that drug in an auto-injector and you get charged upwards of $600. Never mind the fact that the US military already paid for the research and development of the auto-injector for atropine.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The people dying in my white community are F A T Texuuns and Californians. These collective dumbfucks believe wearing a god damn piece of clothing stretched across their F A T faces impedes on their illusion that they have freedom. No one in America has freedom. Are you fucking kidding me? Anyhoo, these stupid fucks do not deserve any medical treatment for being stupid. Let these F A T motherfuckers DIE on the steps of any local hospital and then kick their bloated bodies out of the way for the maggots to dine on their F A T sweaty flesh and then film that for your CNN/FOX/Corporate cock sucking sound bites.

Maybe then these shitheads will learn.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

There are many delicious decaffeinated coffee varieties that are just as rich and flavorful as the regular brands.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Cool beans

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                          There are many delicious decaffeinated coffee varieties that are just as rich and flavorful as the regular brands.
                          I don't know which is more useless... decaf coffee or non alcoholic "beer".
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            I don't know which is more useless... decaf coffee or non alcoholic "beer".
                            Decaf. I hate both...but there's something so utterly offensive about decaf coffee.

I've never accidentally bought near beer. But I've accidentally bought decaf one or two times and my wife and I ended up with massive headaches before we finally figured out what the fuck was going on...
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              The virus isn't political, when is the penny going to drop...?

Here in Frogland experts are talking about the "second wave" that was expected to happen... or not.
                              Macron (I'd rather call him "Micron") gave a speech the other day, announcing bars and restaurants would be closed in big cities where a curfew would be imposed too.
                              Private gatherings will have to include no more than 6 persons.
                              There are currently 80 casualties from covid a day here, and 3,000 new cases.

Authorities want to avoid general quarantine like in March and April, for economical reasons, no doubt that.
                              But those measures that were announced are just stupid IMO. What effect will limited gatherings have on the circulation of the virus, while elementary, middle and high schools alllow it in big scales?
                              We are over 1,500 people where I teach, students, teachers and employees, all wearing a mask but potentially spreading the disease around in many ways.
                              Cases occur among students every day. But those daily massive gatherings don't seem to worry the government. What's the use in limiting the number of persons at home?
                              "What about large families?", of of my students asked yesterday. Indeed...

I'm just pointing at illogical decisions made here, I'm not obsessed with the virus and don't worry for myself. It's just that it seems their fellow citizens' health matters to them as long as the economy isn't at stake.
                              My coworkers are growing more and more mistrustful towards decision makers, and anger is swelling...
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I read the same comments here every day Jérôme especially from my friends who are teachers.

France and Britain are making the same mistakes again. If you are half assed all that happens is that it goes on longer, more people die and you have to go full lock down in a few weeks anyway. Both countries should have just shut everything at the start of the month including schools for a couple of weeks - that's what the scientists said to do.

This new 3/4 assed approach seems to be the worst of all and people are getting pissed off.

Comment

Working...