No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Community Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never understand why despite every bit of evidence in front of them the majority of white Americans thought that a Trump presidency would be good at handling this year.

If you don't beat the virus you then you can forget everything else.

Comment

• What exactly do you believe that this majority of white Americans thought..?

I'm curious as to your perception of what Americans think or value. In our local community the overwhelming consensus is no matter who you voted for president... handling of the pandemic by any government body has been a mixture of failed and ineffective measures to contain the virus worldwide. The facts indicate the virus has not been controlled anywhere with few exceptions by any particular political entity.

Also curious what your perception of the demographics are? Do you really think all the white people are Republicans or vote conservatively and the non-white people are the opposing political side..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
        What exactly do you believe that this majority of white Americans thought..?

I'm curious as to your perception of what Americans think or value. In our local community the overwhelming consensus is no matter who you voted for president... handling of the pandemic by any government body has been a mixture of failed and ineffective measures to contain the virus worldwide. The facts indicate the virus has not been controlled anywhere with few exceptions by any particular political entity.

Also curious what your perception of the demographics are? Do you really think all the white people are Republicans or vote conservatively and the non-white people are the opposing political side..?
        Why would I think that, who said all???

I was just talking about the fact that unlike any other ethnic group, the majority of white voters voted for Trump. Around 57% vs 42% for Biden. I found that surprising and I'm aware that it's almost certain therefore that a majority of American CVH fans voted for Trump.

If you engage with the facts then unless you have a particular personal advantage from a specific policy say on private healthcare, abortion, or a tax advantage then to most people outside the US this is surprising. My point was that even if you had something like that going on Trumps failure on the virus would/should lead people to believe that a massive unthinkably huge public health project of trying to vaccinate 100s of millions of people would not be best served by him. Since without fixing the virus nothing else improves then I find it weird that people didn't prioritize it.

Your answer seems nihilistic especially given that the US used to lead the world in pandemic response and huge preparations under Obama and Bush had been made for such an event that Trump ignored and didn't use.

For reference

As the media picks apart the voting trends of people of color, it must not ignore the big constant.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-20-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• I believe the perception of leading in pandemic responses is interesting... that lead was mostly due to the capability to deploy help abroad for most pandemic events in recent history. The US has far more resources in that respect to help less capable countries.

Internally the US has been mostly just lucky that the previous outbreaks weren't as contagious as SARs-COV-2 and didn't take hold in the general US population.

This time it did hit us and the world hard without any exceptions.

Some view the US federal government and in many cases, the Trump administration, as the sole succeed or fail element in dealing with the pandemic. That's really not the case and few countries have the complexity of the multiple layers of government that makes up our republic.

Specifically in regards to the vaccine... Trump and the federal government did do a great job in getting generally safe and effective vaccines developed, tested and approved in record time. They also have done a great job of getting the vaccines delivered to the states. That to me is their success...

The current issues in getting shots into arms are not to blame on the president and federal government... that's squarely on the States, Counties and local governments. That's where the primary breakdowns and failures are happening right now.

The states that planned and executed their vaccine distribution plans knowing the vaccine was coming are doing fairly well... many states failed to execute and get their resources prepared knowing full well this was coming... it was needed and the feds weren't going to pay them or manage it for them. That's not on Trump... it's on the Governors and local officials in charge of these things.

Race and who voted for president isn't relevant when neither of those factors are at the root of the current challenges.

Comment

Specifically in regards to the vaccine... Trump and the federal government did do a great job in getting generally safe and effective vaccines developed, tested and approved in record time. They also have done a great job of getting the vaccines delivered to the states. That to me is their success...
            Um, no, they really didn't. We are way behind in projected vaccinations actually...

The states that planned and executed their vaccine distribution plans knowing the vaccine was coming are doing fairly well.
            Which ones? Specifically? Nice 'weasel words' though...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-21-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• 'Complete incompetence': Biden officials fume after Trump leaves them 'nonexistent' vaccine plan - link
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Which vaccines did they develop?

Also if you believed that there was some federal plan in place for getting the vaccines delivered to the States I think you are now starting to learn that it's maybe not so good...

Comment

• It's really kind of scary that Zah works in "the healthcare industry". Like delusionally Xanax'd. I mean it's like he's saying that Jim Jones Cool Aids© was kind of good...

Comment

• Trump stopped doing presidential work in November and went in a huff like a 4 year old.

In the middle of a pandemic which has killed more Americans than WWII.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverfish View Post
                      'Complete incompetence': Biden officials fume after Trump leaves them 'nonexistent' vaccine plan - link
                      Proven to be FAKE NEWS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                        It's really kind of scary that Zah works in "the healthcare industry". Like delusionally Xanax'd.
                        What's scary is you, Nickdelusional, thinking you know more than people that actually work in the healthcare industry, because you read it on the internet.

We should have a window surgically implanted in your belly, so you can see where you're going with your head so far up your own ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                          Which vaccines did they develop?

Also if you believed that there was some federal plan in place for getting the vaccines delivered to the States I think you are now starting to learn that it's maybe not so good...
                          I know you are smarter than your question and statement implies... geez... I ain't Nick...

You know multiple pharmaceutical companies developed the vaccine... not the government. The government provided emergency funding, which not all the companies took, but many did which greatly accelerated their ability to move rapidly on this. The government also kicked the regulatory agencies into accelerated gear to push this stuff through... that, in and of itself is a damn miracle. Not saying any of this was perfect... but far better than anything ever historically.

Where do you get facts on distribution..? Air freight and trucks started rolling to all 50 states within 48 hours of FDA emergency approval. I know several people in the trucking industry and they are hauling/delivering loads of the vaccine daily.

I live in one of the smaller/less populated states and have received over 380,000 doses and we're getting about 40,000 - 50,000 more per week. Larger/more populated states have received over 1,000,000 doses. Tell me about the failed deliveries..?

Some of our local facts... https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...ccination-plan

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                            What's scary is you, Nickdelusional, thinking you know more than people that actually work in the healthcare industry, because you read it on the internet.

We should have a window surgically implanted in your belly, so you can see where you're going with your head so far up your own ass.
                            I dunno, maybe he's just full of shit, like your head. Drug companies are also part of the healthcare industry and have caused the opioid crisis, and insurance providers tend to be cunts that would love to deny based on preexisting conditions. So I would deeply qualify any "industry professionals" opinion that may be a bunch of self service shit stool..

BTW, fuckstump, I didn't "read it on the internet", I know several people that were trying to get vaccinated and had their appointments cancelled...Erie county has had to cancel at least three days of vaccinations recently because they can't get it. NY gets 300K doses a week and and there were tentatively over seven million eligible. I know math is hard for you but multiply that times two and it ain't great. Since then I believe the criteria has been loosened and even more people qualify...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-22-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I know you are smarter than your question and statement implies... geez... I ain't Nick...

Then answer my question, old man. Where exactly is the vaccine rollout doing well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                                Then answer my question, old man. Where exactly is the vaccine rollout doing well?
                                Texas. A Republican State.

Comment

Working...
                                X