ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    There's what's really going on around Biden and then there's that polling of what people think of the job he's doing... I honestly don't believe you can really connect the two.

People's opinion of his job performance... seriously a large majority of the country have no idea of what the 3 branches of our government do or can't do.
    Yeah like how presidents have very little control of what happens in the economy but take credit for when it goes well.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

FundaMENTAList Rick Wiles Self-Nominates for the Herman Cain COVIDIOT Memorial Award

newsweek.com
    Pastor Rick Wiles Apparently Has COVID After Refusing Vaccines He Called 'Global Genocide'
    Jason Lemon

Conservative pastor Rick Wiles has apparently fallen ill with COVID-19 after condemning the vaccines that fight the disease, baselessly claiming they're being used to carry out a "global genocide."

Wiles—the founder of the conspiracy-promoting TruNews website and the senior pastor of Flowing Streams Church in Florida—asserted on this show in late April that he would not get vaccinated against COVID-19 and would survive the "global genocide."

"I am not going to be vaccinated," he said. "I'm going to be one of the survivors. I'm going to survive the genocide.

He added, "You and I are witnessing the first global mass murder and it's being led by Satan's team on the planet. You must survive it. Do not be vaccinated."

Then this week, TruNews, in a post to its official Gab account, noted that there was a COVID-19 outbreak at Wiles' church and asked for prayers.

"Flowing Streams is experiencing a sudden cluster of flu and Covid among some employees and their relatives. Rick Wiles made the decision tonight to close the offices and studios until a TBA date next week," the Gab post explained. "Our team needs to tend to sick family members. Please pray for your TruNews team."

On Saturday, TruNews made a follow-up post, urging supporters to pray specifically for Wiles. "URGENT REQUEST - please be praying for Rick Wiles right now," the organization wrote. "Please repost so that there's an army of people praying."

A Saturday email to supporters of Wiles was sent out by Flowing Streams Vice President Raymond Burkhart. In that message, Burkhart said Wiles had been transported to the hospital.

"Rick is very much in need of your continued prayers. Today, he was taken to the emergency room, and under medical advice, was admitted to the hospital. He is currently on oxygen and is expected to remain there for a number of days," he wrote.

In a previous Friday note to supporters first reported by RightWingWatch, Wiles' organization asked for prayer and said that the pastor was "very weak." It explained that Wiles' fever had subsided and that he did not have any "respiratory issues." But it said that there was concern over how fatigued he continued to feel. The letter included a prayer for supporters to repeat.

Polling has shown that conservative white evangelical Christians are one of the groups most likely to be skeptical about COVID-19 vaccines. A mid-February survey conducted by Pew Research showed that about 45 percent of white evangelicals said they "definitely" or "probably" will not get vaccinated against the virus.

While some Christian leaders—like Wiles—have promoted conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 vaccines, others have called on their followers to get vaccinated. Evangelical Christian leader Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and humanitarian aid organization Samaritan's Purse, has repeatedly urged people to get the shots.

"I thank God for the vaccine," Graham told CNN earlier this month.

Although conspiracy theories about the vaccines have circulated widely, scientists and medical professionals have repeatedly attested to the safety and efficacy of the approved vaccines. Rigorous scientific trials have clearly demonstrated that the vaccines are safe and highly effective against preventing severe cases of COVID-19.

Newsweek reached out to TruNews for further comment but did not immediately receive a response.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    newsweek.com
    "I thank God for the vaccine," Graham told CNN earlier this month.
    Why not call him a cunt for the virus?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    DO NOT FUCK WITH MY POSTS, ASSHOLE!

What are you afraid of, you little bitcH ??

Ban me again little girl, see if I give a fuck!

Kiss my ass!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We are not hosting fake information about vaccines.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry but

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...box=1622615255

Anti-vaxxer hospitalised with Covid after saying vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’
    Christian broadcaster says he believes vaccines are used to commit ‘genocide’

Gustaf Kilander
    Washington, DC

Rick Wiles, a right-wing Christian talk show host and anti-vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying vaccines would wipe out “stupid people”.

Less than a month ago, Mr Wiles said he would never get vaccinated. His website, TruNews, announced over the weekend that had been infected and taken to hospital where he had been given oxygen. The announcement was reported by Right Wing Watch.

TruNews has pushed conspiracy theorists considered to be racist, antisemitic, homophobic, and Islamophobic. The outlet has called President Obama a “demon from hell” multiple times. Mr Wiles has said that Mr Obama “spiritually sodomised the nation”.

The right-wing broadcaster told his audience last month that he wasn’t getting vaccinated because he believed the vaccines were being used to commit a “genocide,” to kill hundreds of millions of people.

“I am not going to be vaccinated,” Mr Wiles said. “I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide ... The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off. If the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

TruNews has said that eternal damnation would await anyone mocking Mr Wiles’s affliction.

“Already, the naysayers and mockers have started with their taunts,” the website said. “Let them speak their foolish words and let them mock. It will only serve to be used to fuel their flames of torment in hell unless they repent.”

TruNews suddenly suspended its broadcast last week, announcing that it was “experiencing a sudden cluster of flu and COVID among some employees and their relatives”.

The outlet then said on Sunday that Mr Wiles had been hospitalised.

TruNews has announced that Lauren Witzke, a Republican Senate candidate in Delaware in 2020, will fill in and co-host his nightly TV programme for the next two weeks.

The Daily Beast reported that Ms Witzke has pushed conspiracy theories related to QAnon, antisemitism, Flat Earth, and 9/11.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fucking hell ELVIS can always find the dumbest worst fucking idiot to follow.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The timing of this is too fucking funny...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Douchenozzles like this need to fucking die, in the slowest & most painful way possible....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    Wishing death on others. My, how Koch-funded/Libertardian of you.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    DO NOT FUCK WITH MY POSTS, ASSHOLE!

What are you afraid of, you little bitcH ??

Ban me again little girl, see if I give a fuck!

Kiss my ass!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

County fair season. So far no article blaming an outbreak on the fair. Big fair in Amish country over Labor Day weekend, I'm not sure what the vax rate of the Amish is. We'll see.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Got something in the mail today advertising the Washington State Fair which is back on again in September after being shut down completely last year (first time it was cancelled since WWII - during which time they used the fairgrounds as a prison camp for Japanese Americans, embarrassingly enough)

The mailer announced the schedule of live entertainment for the entire 23 days & some random notes about various promotional ticket rates & such. Not a word about COVID or any policies regarding masks, vaccines, or whatever. I probably wasn't going to go anyway, but with the Delta surge, it's probably not all that wise to go through with it this year either. I imagine if this (or anything else) leads to a big wave of new infections here in Cascadia, there will be a new round of mask mandates, shutdowns, etc. Already a lot of the businesses that had up signs saying "no masks needed if you're fully vaccinated" have already taken them down and gone back to the mandatory masking policy.

Just for the Hell of it, I checked online, and it looks like the fair will be enforcing an indoor mask policy, but not outdoors, which would include any of the stages with live entertainment. They do mention "social distancing" in that context, but don't specify what that means. Are they only going to sell tickets for every third seat in the grandstand, or what??

https://www.thefair.com/covid-19-statement/

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Our little shitbag governor canceled fairs last summer...after his grandkids got to have their fair.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You voted for him, hippie.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Outdoor masking is unnecessary...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah pretty much.

I guess a public health guy can't say that because if there was no breeze and someone coughing in your face for a while then you could still get it and lets face it in the US you would immediately start suing whoever said it was safe.

Both the things I was meant to be doing this weekend were cancelled due to COVID, local bar staff shortage killed Saturday and friends parents getting it cancelled Sunday.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-27-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Outdoor masking is unnecessary...
    Generally, I would agree. If I'm just out walking around the neighborhood, I never wear a mask, and didn't do so even before I was vaccinated. But in the middle of a big crowd, being outdoors really isn't going to make that much of a difference. Think of it like cigarette smoke or a nasty fart. Yeah, either one is going to be slightly less lethal outdoors, but it's still airborne and still gets in your respiratory system. Same thing with airborne Covid, except (unlike the other two toxic fumes) you might not even realize you're breathing it in.

So I'm all for going outdoors. Getting some sun (we actually had a summer here, for once) Exercising in whatever way you want, etc. But even vaccinated, I'm not really planning to spend a lot of time in big crowds any time soon.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm playing my first gig since COVID in 3 weeks time. 80 people in the audience but it's a not a huge room and we have a horn section.

I better send all the master passwords to another webmaster before then I guess.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    ...local bar staff shortage killed Saturday and friends parents getting it cancelled Sunday.
    So you have that problem too....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Without sounding like a total dick there is a tiny part of me that is slightly suspicious that it's possible there are a few people claiming to have to self isolate who maybe just want to lie in the sun at the moment.

Probably just a coincidence.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Generally, I would agree. If I'm just out walking around the neighborhood, I never wear a mask, and didn't do so even before I was vaccinated. But in the middle of a big crowd, being outdoors really isn't going to make that much of a difference. Think of it like cigarette smoke or a nasty fart. Yeah, either one is going to be slightly less lethal outdoors, but it's still airborne and still gets in your respiratory system. Same thing with airborne Covid, except (unlike the other two toxic fumes) you might not even realize you're breathing it in.

So I'm all for going outdoors. Getting some sun (we actually had a summer here, for once) Exercising in whatever way you want, etc. But even vaccinated, I'm not really planning to spend a lot of time in big crowds any time soon.
    Outdoors isn't 100% safe... but the air dispersement even with little to no noticeable breeze reduces the risk of transmission significantly... 70-90% compared to indoor activities. Clearly it's better to avoid packed crowds with less than a few feet between people. But beyond that you should get out and enjoy life as much as you can...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Without sounding like a total dick there is a tiny part of me that is slightly suspicious that it's possible there are a few people claiming to have to self isolate who maybe just want to lie in the sun at the moment.

Probably just a coincidence.
    Well, duh. I almost played that card the other day.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have just been informed that a girl I went to high school with who later became a red-pilled right-wing Nazi/Q assfucker and anti-vaxer died from COVID yesterday. I do not feel a shred of empathy for her or her family.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This fucking idiot also just died. How's your FreeDumb from Mask Tyranny working now, Caleb?? Maybe he can debate tyranny in Hell now with Hitler & Stalin?

29. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (08-29-2021)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    You voted for him, hippie.
    Unfortunately, I did. Hold your nose and pull the lever. The clown the Dems ran was awful.

I'm not sure DeWine will run again. Supposedly he got his primary opponent to drop out of the race and take the lieutenant governor spot with the premise that DeWine would only serve one term and step aside. The guy's close to 120 years old, time to GTFO anyways. If DeWine does run again I think he's gonna take a lot of shit for the lockdowns etc.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's becoming obvious that the pandemic has exceeded the typical timeframe for short measures that are meant to protect people during catastrophic events.

We're in uncharted territory now... masking, closures, etc. are no longer accepted options, but still capable of helping... plus were implemented and communicated so poorly it undermined public trust in all forms of leadership in one way or another.

Vaccinations and natural immunity aren't containing this effectively. Something is going to have to change to get this thing in a manageable state...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Vaccinations and natural immunity aren't containing this effectively. Something is going to have to change to get this thing in a manageable state...
    Vaccinations and masks can't contain this effectively when literally half the people aren't joining in.

36. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (09-01-2021)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Vaccinations and masks can't contain this effectively when literally half the people aren't joining in.
    That's really crystal clear...

Beyond the rampant denial factors still prevalent... I believe the duration is an overriding key factor now. People aren't will to stop living, traveling and interacting socially for this long of a time frame.

All the previous shut downs, counter-measures and ineffective travel restrictions for over a year and half have caused a lot of people to just give up on doing much of the recommended preventative measures. It doesn't help when the guidance keeps changing for less than scientific reasons, as well.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

39. 4 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (09-04-2021),Nickdfresh (09-03-2021),Von Halen (09-03-2021),ZahZoo (09-03-2021)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I told you so!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...etchenreynolds

Regular exercise protects against fatal covid, a new study shows

The study found that exercise, in almost any amount, reduced people’s risks for a severe coronavirus infection

By Gretchen Reynolds

Men and women who worked out at least 30 minutes most days were about four times more likely to survive covid-19 than inactive people, according to an eye-opening study of exercise and coronavirus outcomes among almost 200,000 adults in Southern California.

The study found that exercise, in almost any amount, reduced people’s risks for a severe coronavirus infection. Even people who worked out for as little as 11 minutes a week — yes, a week — experienced lower risks of hospitalization or death from covid than those who moved about less.

“It turns out exercise is even more powerful than we thought” at protecting people from severe covid, said Robert Sallis, a clinical professor at Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine in Los Angeles and senior author of the new study.

The findings add to mounting evidence that any amount of exercise helps lower the ferocity of coronavirus infections, a message with particular relevance now, as holiday travel and gatherings ramp up and covid cases continue to rise.

Science already offers copious support for the idea that regular, moderate exercise increases our immune response and generally helps us avoid respiratory infections or recover more rapidly if we do catch a bug. In a 2011 study, adults who worked out regularly were almost half as likely to develop colds or similar infections as inactive people and also about 40 percent less likely to report their illnesses as lingering.

A similar pattern is emerging in research about covid, with several studies finding that people who are fit and active wind up hospitalized with or dying of covid at much lower rates than people who are out of shape. Sallis led a study last year, for instance, of more than 48,000 patients at the Kaiser Permanente health-care system in Southern California, showing that those who almost never exercised were at much higher risk of severe outcomes from covid, including death, than patients of the same age who were quite active.

But that study, although large in scale, concentrated primarily on two binary groups: those who almost never exercised and those who exercised all the time, passing over the broad swath of people who occasionally work out and leaving important questions unanswered about how much — or, really, how little — physical activity might best help most of us protect ourselves against severe covid.

So, for the new study, which was published this month in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Sallis and his colleagues again turned to anonymized records about patients of Kaiser Permanente. Since 2009, that health-care system has included exercise as one of the vital signs health-care workers check during each patient visit, meaning they ask patients how many days per week they exercise, typically by walking, and for how many minutes.

The researchers now drew the records for 194,191 Kaiser patients who had been diagnosed with covid between Jan. 1, 2020, and May 31, 2021, and seen a doctor at least three times in recent years, so their records held multiple mentions of their exercise habits.

Averaging that information, the researchers divided people into five groups, based on how much they moved and whether their habits had changed over the years. The least-active group consisted of those who regularly exercised for fewer than 10 minutes a week. The most active consistently worked out at least 150 minutes per week, which is the amount of exercise recommended by federal health agencies.

In-between were groups whose exercise habits had changed from one medical appointment to the next, but generally kept them moving for more than 10 minutes but fewer than an hour a week, and others who regularly worked out for at least an hour weekly, but fewer than 150 minutes.

The patients, in other words, represented most average people’s exercise routines.

Next, the researchers checked everyone’s medical records for conditions known to contribute to serious covid outcomes, including obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease.

Finally, they cross-checked data about hospitalization or death of covid and people’s exercise habits.

The correlations proved to be “very strong, across-the-board,” Sallis said. The more someone exercised, he said, the less likely he or she was to be hospitalized or die after developing covid.

The differences were most extreme between those who almost never exercised and those who worked out at least 150 minutes per week. The never-exercisers were 391 percent more likely to die after developing covid than the active men and women — whether they had obesity, high blood pressure or existing heart disease.

But even among those who worked out less often, managing perhaps 10 or 15 minutes a week, that exercise translated into reduced odds of serious covid.

“It is such a simple, inexpensive way to protect yourself,” Sallis said.

The data in the study was collected before widespread coronavirus vaccines were available, but Sallis thinks the results would be similar among vaccinated people.

“The results support the ubiquitous reach of physical activity for health benefits,” said I-Min Lee, a professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, who studies exercise and health but was not involved with this research.

The study has limitations, though. People self-reported their exercise; it wasn’t objectively tracked. The researchers also looked at improving covid outcomes, not preventing coronavirus infections. And, while they found strong links between being active and avoiding serious covid illness, other factors may be at play. People who exercise might have higher incomes, for instance, or other lifestyle aspects that influence their health, although the researchers tried to account for those issues.

Overall, Sallis said, “the data are just so clear and so strong. To mitigate your risk of severe covid outcomes, get vaccinated and go for a walk.”

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Exercise makes sense in relation to immune system strength... actually just being/living an active life tends to produce healthier benefits overall.

Thread Information