Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Total cases reported in my county to date: 127
    Total COVID-19 deaths reported in my county to date: 6

I like my chances.

Governor says the state will start to re-open in May 1st. Ima need a haircut bad by then
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah I haven't had a hair cut since early February... Thankful I still have a full head of hair. I'm fine with scruffy!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Cunt of the day - wonder if he is ELVIS' new cult leader...

COVID-19-Defying Pastor Wants People to Send Him Their $1,200 Stimulus Checks

BY HEMANT MEHTA
    APRIL 16, 2020

Pastor Tony Spell, the head of Louisiana’s Life Tabernacle Church who has refused to close his church because “True Christians do not mind dying,” is coming after everyone’s stimulus money.

In a video released yesterday, Spell encouraged his followers to hand over their $1,200 checks. Because that’s what good Christians do.

More at
    https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...yxS7vNFLSP0qKs

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

I sometimes wonder if Elvis is laying in an alleyway in a pool of vomit with his asshole bleeding. I hope not, but...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I can only assume E found a new outlet for his angst and shenanigans...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I can only assume E found a new outlet for his angst and shenanigans...
    Elvis was raptured. Us heathens are stuck here with COVID19.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Maybe the Rapture did happen? We didn't even get a visit from JC on Easter, and I don't think He's ever missed His annual "Resurrection" thread.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The Bible says Jesus will return like a thief in the night in a time of wars, plagues and turmoil. He came. Raptured Elvis and left.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ohio K-12 schools closed the rest of this school year. May re-open in the fall, possibly with a mix of on-site and at home schooling.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Elvis's new cult leader is a fairly decent showman in the Fundagelical preaching sense. Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Swaggart in his pre-scandal 1980s prime.....

Hope his congregation was sitting at least 6 feet apart from each other. You don't see much of the crowd in this video, but everyone on stage at least stays a fairly decent distance from each other.

So.. I guess that's a barely passing grade on social distancing.... but since he obviously does a video feed of his sermons, why not just tell everybody that God wants them to stay the fuck at home??

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

County has only gained 12 more cases in the last 5 days and holding at 6 deaths.

Went to Target this morning, wasn't too busy and no lines at the registers.

Gonna be cold a couple more days, I'll be holed up here until I go back to work Friday morning.

We are starting to run our suppliers out of material. Had some downtime due to no raw materials, not sure what this weekend will bring. Another local plant has been furloughed, we have taken on some of their material handlers to help us out. Medical techs are onsite at shift changes and checking our temperatures when we arrive. Another local plant of ours is making disposable face shields and donating them to the hospital system.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The "Capital City Marathon" which runs right by my house every May has been cancelled.
    I forgot about things like that here. The village hosts an annual "Just Run" event for families, and we have a triathlon later in the summer. No word on those yet. And the community garage sale is in June, not sure if it's going on.

Had some local bands scheduled to play outside on Friday nights and there was some new music festival planned. Probably not happening.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We had a big jump in positive cases yesterday which concerned me but the details were released and 264 out of 302 cases came from prisons. The rest of the state is pretty much flat.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We had a big jump in positive cases yesterday which concerned me but the details were released and 264 out of 302 cases came from prisons. The rest of the state is pretty much flat.
    Last week one of the counties south of here had more cases than Cuyahoga County (where Cleveland is) and it was the same reason, there's a prison in that county. There's another prison a county east of me but I haven't heard that their case count is higher.

I am a little pissed that every prison inmate is going to be tested while those on the outside have to meet certain criteria to be tested.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I imagine Arkansas has warmed up enough where the virus will start to die off. Warm weather usually does them in. One of our local nurses just returned from New Jersey where they helped out there. She said there were some very sick people and the worst was they couldn't have any visitors and people died alone. Maybe why the COVID19 wasn't nearly as bad in California is it's a warmer climate.

Anyways I'm tired of everyone arguing about this shit. It doesn't help the situation. It makes it worse but nobody see's things the same way and it is what it is. Still better off here than in The People's Republic of China.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't believe the temperatures in Arkansas are warm enough to have any effect yet. We're barely getting highs in the 70's and lows in the upper 40's and 50's.

Look at Miami and most of Florida they are much warmer and still seeing fairly high Covid19 spread. From reading science based stuff, it's undetermined if warmer temperatures and humidity will have a similar effect as colds and flu does.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not bad enough that the grocery store is out of TP, but now they are out of plastic bags at the register. They started a "scan and go" thing a few months ago, there are rolls of those bags at the registers.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I imagine Arkansas has warmed up enough where the virus will start to die off. Warm weather usually does them in. One of our local nurses just returned from New Jersey where they helped out there. She said there were some very sick people and the worst was they couldn't have any visitors and people died alone. Maybe why the COVID19 wasn't nearly as bad in California is it's a warmer climate.

Anyways I'm tired of everyone arguing about this shit. It doesn't help the situation. It makes it worse but nobody see's things the same way and it is what it is. Still better off here than in The People's Republic of China.
    UV and warmer temps with humility do kill the virus, but you still have to be careful as many countries had large spread in the midst of the southern hemisphere summer, like Australia...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-23-2020 at 11:38 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Exactly - how can we rely on the heat to kill it when Australia got thousands of cases in middle of their hottest ever summer?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Restaurant’s air conditioning tied to 9 COVID-19 cases among diners

Restaurant’s air conditioning tied to 9 COVID-19 cases among diners who sat near single infected person

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 / 09:53 AM EDT / Updated: Apr 23, 2020 / 09:53 AM EDT
    GUANGZHOU, China – Researchers found that the air conditioning system at a restaurant in China likely helped pass COVID-19 from a single diner to nine other people.

The field study was performed by Chinese researchers and published on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It may provide insight into how cities and states can safely open restaurants in the future – as well as the perils of doing so.

The researchers added that their study did have limitations – for instance, they weren’t able to simulate the airborne transmission route.

The study involved three families, one of which, family A, had just traveled from Wuhan to Guangzhou Jan. 23. On January 24, the infected member of family A sat with three other family members around a table at the windowless Guangzhou eatery.

The two other families, B and C, sat at adjacent tables. An air conditioning unit was blowing air across the restaurant directly at all three families.

By Feb. 5, all four members of family A, three members of family B and two members of family C had COVID-19.

Researchers found no other known source of exposure besides the trip to the restaurant. At least one person in families B and C caught the virus at the restaurant, but it’s not known whether or not the other cases were from family transmission.

The study’s authors point out that the 73 other diners who were at the restaurant that day didn’t get sick, but those sitting in the path of the AC unit’s airflow did.

“To prevent spread of COVID-19 in restaurants, we recommend strengthening temperature-monitoring surveillance, increasing the distance between tables, and improving ventilation,” they wrote.

Copyright 2020 WIVB Ch4
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-23-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Not bad enough that the grocery store is out of TP, but now they are out of plastic bags at the register. They started a "scan and go" thing a few months ago, there are rolls of those bags at the registers.
    Plastic bags were banned a long time ago here. Most people had their own reusable bags made out of some sort of fabric, but now most stores have temporarily banned them, due to the virus risk. Which leaves the good old paper bags. Which are good for holding groceries... but not so much for carrying if you need more than one bag of groceries.. bags have "handles" but they are useless if you have more than one pound of groceries in the bag. So I take my cloth bags anyway, and wrap them around the paper bag. Win for me because the bags don't rip open. Win for the store because they get to keep their temporary policy (though my bags are virus free as long as I am). Sad that more trees have to die for the paper bags though. Might be a good time to start making them out of hemp fiber.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wish I could take credit for this but someone on another forum I frequent posted
    the following:

"Opening up certain states fully when all other states are practicing safe
    distancing is the same as having a peeing section in a swimming pool!!

23. Thanked silverfish for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (04-24-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Plastic bags were banned a long time ago here. Most people had their own reusable bags made out of some sort of fabric, but now most stores have temporarily banned them, due to the virus risk. Which leaves the good old paper bags. Which are good for holding groceries... but not so much for carrying if you need more than one bag of groceries.. bags have "handles" but they are useless if you have more than one pound of groceries in the bag. So I take my cloth bags anyway, and wrap them around the paper bag. Win for me because the bags don't rip open. Win for the store because they get to keep their temporary policy (though my bags are virus free as long as I am). Sad that more trees have to die for the paper bags though. Might be a good time to start making them out of hemp fiber.
    Plastic bags were only recently banned and it wasn't even being enforced, but they can be used for the time being with the COVIDs stuff going on. Irregardless, most places are short or are out because of the law...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cuyahoga County banned plastic bags sometime last year and also are allowing them to be used for now.

Most of the time I just tell the cashier "I'll make it" and carry two or three items out without a bag. One less thing to have to keep track of.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I guess there was a lawsuit that was blocking enforcement here. If I grab a couple things I don't bother, and I am trying to remember to stash the reusable bags in my car for groceries...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I got a bunch of reusable bags from work. I usually forget them at home, but I got 'em!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post

Had some local bands scheduled to play outside on Friday nights and there was some new music festival planned. Probably not happening.
    Friday night concerts...cancelled...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Even with all the social distancing that has been in place for the last month, down here in Florida we're averaging around a hundred new confirmed cases daily over the last week, give or take.

Considering the vast majority of the population down here haven't even been tested at all, one guesses the actual amount of cases per day is higher.

Schools are closed through the end of the semester.

People seem to be gearing up for May 1st as some sort of reopening day, but exactly what restrictions will be lifted and how businesses will reopen in terms of procedure remains to be seen.

Lot of smaller/independent/non-corporate or non-conglomerate businesses...it'll be interesting to see how many of those actually come back at all, seeing as more than a few of those didn't get their small business stimulus funds before it was too late for them anyway: some of these businesses can only stay afloat for so long with next to no revenue coming in while operating expenses (even at a reduced capacity) are still going out.

The smaller, family-run hotels and motels on the Gulf? Man, they already lost part of February, all of March and now half of April, which is essentially one of THE busiest times of year where I'd imagine a healthy chunk of their yearly revenue is made...lotta available commercial real estate will be up for grabs down here in fairly short order.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Irregardless, most places are short or are out because of the law...
    Sorry to be a jerkstore but "Irregardless" just sets me off. Same as "alot".
    Feel free to use "regardless" instead if you like and blast away with any
    grammar police/dickhead emojis.

Just me.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm still not convinced warmer temperatures are a significant factor in slowing spread of the virus.

Along with shortages of plastic grocery shopping bags, where allowed... I noticed trash bags were in short supply last week at the store. I guess with more stay at home more household trash... plus bored people cleaning out their junk.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Even with all the social distancing that has been in place for the last month, down here in Florida we're averaging around a hundred new confirmed cases daily over the last week, give or take.

Considering the vast majority of the population down here haven't even been tested at all, one guesses the actual amount of cases per day is higher.

Schools are closed through the end of the semester.

People seem to be gearing up for May 1st as some sort of reopening day, but exactly what restrictions will be lifted and how businesses will reopen in terms of procedure remains to be seen.

Lot of smaller/independent/non-corporate or non-conglomerate businesses...it'll be interesting to see how many of those actually come back at all, seeing as more than a few of those didn't get their small business stimulus funds before it was too late for them anyway: some of these businesses can only stay afloat for so long with next to no revenue coming in while operating expenses (even at a reduced capacity) are still going out.

The smaller, family-run hotels and motels on the Gulf? Man, they already lost part of February, all of March and now half of April, which is essentially one of THE busiest times of year where I'd imagine a healthy chunk of their yearly revenue is made...lotta available commercial real estate will be up for grabs down here in fairly short order.

The one positive thing is Trump is going to send FL lots of federal money to try and buy the election.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As if Florida needed any help in stealing elections??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm still not convinced warmer temperatures are a significant factor in slowing spread of the virus.

Along with shortages of plastic grocery shopping bags, where allowed... I noticed trash bags were in short supply last week at the store. I guess with more stay at home more household trash... plus bored people cleaning out their junk.
    Viruses don’t live that long and warm weather tends to reduce the spread of them. It’s why flu season is during the colder months. Anyways Fauci predicted 2 million dead Americans. That model scared the hell out of people and created a panic. In most places it hasn’t been that bad. You have a low probability of dying from COVID19 in California. Even with it’s dense population, COVID19 has not been the problem that is has been in the NYC area. California is a car culture. New Yorkers use more public transportation. That may be the difference. Anyways the death numbers from this haven’t even come remotely close to the predictions.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    UV and warmer temps with humility do kill the virus, but you still have to be careful as many countries had large spread in the midst of the southern hemisphere summer, like Australia...
    Probably because COVID19 is more contagious. People will build up immunity from it also. That’s also a factor. It’s not catching the coronavirus that’s deadly. It’s the secondary infection that causes pneumonia that is. That can be treated with antibiotics but the key to that is to get on them early. It’s pneumonia killing people and the type of people who are more susceptible to die from pneumonia are more susceptible to die from this.

Anyways you can’t shut the economy down too long because that will create a bigger crisis than COVID19. People aren’t going to stay home much longer and let their lives rot regardless of what the government says.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    One thing that isn’t being said is eat right, exercise, get enough sleep and stay hydrated. That’s how you build a strong immune system. In general, Americans are in pretty shitty shape and that makes you susceptible to getting sick. I haven’t been really sick in 20 years.

38. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

twonabomber (04-24-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One thing that isn’t being said is eat right, exercise, get enough sleep and stay hydrated. That’s how you build a strong immune system. In general, Americans are in pretty shitty shape and that makes you susceptible to getting sick. I haven’t been really sick in 20 years.
    Sleep has been an issue for me lately, the rest I'm ok. I'm still going out for short rides until it gets warmer and I can do some 30 milers. Back down to 183, which isn't too bad considering I can't go to the gym.

I have said all along that there's gonna be a lot of fat kids here soon.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 04-24-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

41. Thanked silverfish for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (04-24-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Probably because COVID19 is more contagious. People will build up immunity from it also.

Well yeah.

That’s also a factor. It’s not catching the coronavirus that’s deadly. It’s the secondary infection that causes pneumonia that is. That can be treated with antibiotics but the key to that is to get on them early. It’s pneumonia killing people and the type of people who are more susceptible to die from pneumonia are more susceptible to die from this.
    Yeah, kind of an ignorant post as COVID-19 is in itself a viral pneumonia not affected by antibiotics. In addition there are all sorts of weird shit going on with a new virus in the human ecosystem, the latest is that in NYC they're finding relatively young people dead in their abodes from strokes that had Coronavirus with no symptoms and died....

Anyways you can’t shut the economy down too long because that will create a bigger crisis than COVID19. People aren’t going to stay home much longer and let their lives rot regardless of what the government says.
    Yeah well something on the order of 70% support social distancing other than the often extremist fuckwits protesting. The data from the "Spanish Flu" of 1918-1920 shows that the cities that practiced stringent social distancing actually recovered much faster than the Dumbfuckistan states like Georgia...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-24-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One thing that isn’t being said is eat right, exercise, get enough sleep and stay hydrated. That’s how you build , a strong immune system. In general, Americans are in pretty shitty shape and that makes you susceptible to getting sick. I haven’t been really sick in 20 years.
    Again sort of a dolt post, after the second wave of the Spanish Flu, the young and healthy were the main death demographic, as the Cytokine Storm killed them the most. The immune system is aided by healthy behaviors, but it is built by exposure to cold and flu viruses and the resulting antibodies...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-24-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Thread Information