Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Pretty amazed at the crowds this Memorial weekend drew here in this tourist community... lots of out of state plates filled the parking lots around the lake. Tons of boats out... which we took advantage of too. It will be interesting to see if we have any measurable spikes in a week or two locally. We were at 0 active cases for about a week... then one new active positive a week ago and holding in our county.
    Amazed? You can’ t keep people cooped up forever. Viruses are killed by sun and heat. People are better off going outside plus we need to be exposed to stuff to keep our immune systems strong. You don’t build much of an immune system living in a bubble.

It’s time to get back to normal life and maybe there will be a bump in cases but we have had flu seasons where 80,000 have died and we never shut down or even talked about it much.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

There was an article about the fall wave on CNN the other day, and it was full of "might," "could," and "would," and I'm thinking so because of that, I'm supposed to stay home?

I'm going back to the gym later. They've got a 25 person capacity posted and a person staffing the door to make sure they don't go over...I'll go in the middle of the night like I always do. I've been at 180 for a couple weeks. I'm sure I lost a little muscle weight but I am ready to get started again.

Still under 300 cases here in the county and up to 12 deaths. I have been to my mom's a couple times but we were mostly doing stuff outside.

Now the state is saying there were cases mid-January, including one here on January 15. I was sick the last two weeks of January, symptoms line up, maybe I had it? If I can get the antibody test I'll do it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    There was an article about the fall wave on CNN the other day, and it was full of "might," "could," and "would," and I'm thinking so because of that, I'm supposed to stay home?

I'm going back to the gym later. They've got a 25 person capacity posted and a person staffing the door to make sure they don't go over...I'll go in the middle of the night like I always do. I've been at 180 for a couple weeks. I'm sure I lost a little muscle weight but I am ready to get started again.

Still under 300 cases here in the county and up to 12 deaths. I have been to my mom's a couple times but we were mostly doing stuff outside.

Now the state is saying there were cases mid-January, including one here on January 15. I was sick the last two weeks of January, symptoms line up, maybe I had it? If I can get the antibody test I'll do it.
    There are so many variables that nobody knows but you can’t live in a bubble forever. You have people trying to make money off this. You have political motives. Some people want to keep the lockdowns going because it benefits them. If you are Bill Gates you are seeing a 20:1 profit margin on a vaccine. Not everyone wants the problem to go away quickly because it’s an opportunity for them to get gain. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    There are so many variables that nobody knows but you can’t live in a bubble forever. You have people trying to make money off this. You have political motives.
    You mean like people invested in drug companies that make things like hydroxychloroquine?

Some people want to keep the lockdowns going because it benefits them.
    For fuck! Like who? Netflix?

If you are Bill Gates you are seeing a 20:1 profit margin on a vaccine. Not everyone wants the problem to go away quickly because it’s an opportunity for them to get gain. Never let a crisis go to waste.
    Gates will have little to do with any vaccine nor the profits from it. Dumbass.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Amazed? You can’ t keep people cooped up forever. Viruses are killed by sun and heat. People are better off going outside plus we need to be exposed to stuff to keep our immune systems strong. You don’t build much of an immune system living in a bubble.
    They're killed by UV and humidity. But Covid-19 has spread in hot climates like Australia. I agree that we have to build "herd immunity" and all that, and yes we need to reopen. That doesn't mean being fucking retarded about it like covering up Corona cases and ditching social distancing and pretending nothing has happened...

It’s time to get back to normal life and maybe there will be a bump in cases but we have had flu seasons where 80,000 have died and we never shut down or even talked about it much.
    Fucking bullshit! There are no recent flu seasons with near that, and that's over the course of a year. Over 100,000 have died in three fucking months! In Korea we had about 38,000 war dead, Vietnam about 58,000. For fuck, if this were a terrorist campaign or a war do you think idiots would be out in the streets "protesting" the tactics against the enemy?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You want a road-map of fucking mindless opening for the economy? Look at what has happened at the meat packing plants! You're just gonna have waves of this shit rolling through offices/factories/whatever if we don't have testing and plans to react in place...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    You mean like people invested in drug companies that make things like hydroxychloroquine?

For fuck! Like who? Netflix?

Gates will have little to do with any vaccine nor the profits from it. Dumbass.
    The patent ran out on hydroxychloroquine. It’s a cheap drug mostly manufactured in India. It’s widely used in places where malaria is a problem.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/bill...c-benefit.html

Oh there’s lots of people hoping to score big $$$$ with a COVID19 vaccine. Bill is just one of them. With big pharma being one of the largest advertisers in the broadcast media they can sell a vaccine or an expensive medicine as the only cure and discredit something that they won’t make money on.

Who benefits from a shut down and a bad economy? The Democrat Party. Anyways places are opening up. People will quarantine for a few weeks but not for a few months. That’s the reality. We had the Hong Kong Flu in 1969. We didn’t shut everything down then.

You aren’t going to be able to track and test people without violating their constitutional rights. If you really want to set things off try that one. People are tired of this shit and they are going to go out and have fun this summer. That’s the reality.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    I hear a lot of people making claims to "their constitutional rights" but am finding a lot of people are just creatively making shit up to justify whatever they want to do... The constitution doesn't work that way... many of the most vocal are misinformed.

Your freedom of movement, gathering and privacy is not unlimited. It's heavily regulated, licensed and quite restricted in so many ways. Certainly you can refuse to be tested or tracked... that's your right. But with that, it can come with you being restricted from access to public and private spaces/property, license to operate a vehicle, attend public schools, license to operate in hundreds of trades/jobs... the list can go on and on... All of a sudden your "constitutional rights" while limitless, become impossible for you to be a part of what most consider normal life.

You don't a right to act irresponsibly... No one has the constitutional right to infect others with a virus.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but sadly you have a lot of Americans for whom part of being an American means doing what you want to do and taking your chances...that life's a gamble, and so be it.

And it's useless to use logic and science when countering this mindset, even if the result ends up being infecting others with viruses: too many people just flat-out don't really give a shit about anybody else in a meaningful way, certainly not nearly as much as themselves and their own wants/desires (as opposed to needs)...folks will do useless things like tweet out thoughts and prayers, but actually changing their living habits in a meaningful way even though while it may be personally inconvenient it may save the lives of other Americans those making the 'sacrifice' will never meet?

Nah. Too much fucking work to actually DO that, with too little in terms of a tangible result. Publicly shaming such folks tends not to work, either. Tell 'em that their failure to change their living habits may result in, say, their being asymptomatic yet infecting others and killing them, these folks will say "whatever, fuck 'em: only the strong survive."

Laws, rules, regulations, licensing and constitutional rights are great, in theory. Useless in practice unless people follow them and there are ample people to enforce them: if people say 'fuck it' then it's fucked.

Obviously, I for one hope we don't have wave after wave of this virus because - since we don't have a vaccine - as a species we don't have uniformity of consensus in terms of social distancing and the like. Having said that, we probably will.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The patent ran out on hydroxychloroquine. It’s a cheap drug mostly manufactured in India. It’s widely used in places where malaria is a problem.
    Yeah, and for some autoimmune diseases. But it's completely useless for COVID-19 yet some continued to tout it almost bizarrely, and had financial ties to the drug maker...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/bill...c-benefit.html
    Oh there’s lots of people hoping to score big $$$$ with a COVID19 vaccine. Bill is just one of them. With big pharma being one of the largest advertisers in the broadcast media they can sell a vaccine or an expensive medicine as the only cure and discredit something that they won’t make money on.
    From January of this year and pre-pandemic (in America) and completely outdated and useless. The vaccine more than likely will probably come from Oxford (University) Group. Possibly as soon as early Autumn..

Who benefits from a shut down and a bad economy? The Democrat Party.
    Then why was it great under Obama and Clinton? Why did Bush completely fuck things in 2007-08?

The only real benefit to Democrats is that they show that the GOP is filled with and led by fuckwits that would fuck-up a wet dream with their inherent and almost willful incompetence! And that white people in suburbia are stupid for autovoting them...

Anyways places are opening up.
    Praise Jesus and God willing!

People will quarantine for a few weeks but not for a few months. That’s the reality. We had the Hong Kong Flu in 1969. We didn’t shut everything down then.
    More like 1968-1970. Because there was already some herd immunity, and 100,000 didn't die in three months. And H1N1 is 10 to 20 time less infectious and fatal than Covid-19.

WE DID QUARANTINE during the 1918 Flu Pandemic and the places with the most restrictive lock-downs recovered faster!

You don't have to "quarantine" everywhere for months, just the places hardest hit. That doesn't mean completely disregard social distancing protocols. It's not either or or black and white. Economy vs. Lock-down. We should be almost totally able to open if we had a more efficient testing system like South Korean and Germany, but we have a pResident that is a fucktard that wants to prevent testing and cover-up numbers and deaths rather than prevent them...

You aren’t going to be able to track and test people without violating their constitutional rights.
    Which ones? What about my constitutional rights not to be infected by fucking retards?

If you really want to set things off try that one. People are tired of this shit and they are going to go out and have fun this summer. That’s the reality.
    Again, nothing mutually exclusive between having fun and maintaining vigilance and testing. I have MORE rights to enjoy the summer with out a bunch of fucking Typhoid Marys running around like lunatics and special education kids on a rampage!!..
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-30-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Greetings all. We have just endured the most hellish nine months in my lifetime. Drought lead to half the country burning, then when that was somewhat under control, flooding. Then the virus.
    We got through all this, and have flattened our curve to almost zero. You know how we did it? By pulling together for the common good.
    I’m sitting here watching your country burning, and it’s going to get worse. My heart is with you all.

15. 5 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

FORD (05-30-2020),katina (09-09-2020),Seshmeister (05-30-2020),Terry (05-31-2020),ZahZoo (05-31-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

UK USA and Brazil discovering that if you elect fucking idiots rather than those cunt 'elitists' that know stuff then a lot more people die when things go wrong...

17. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (05-31-2020)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

We have a religious happy clapper in charge. Luckily, he’s far better at his own bad publicity, which is a bit ironic. He’s been sacked from all the promo jobs. FOI rules prevent us from asking why, and half the god fearing voters still think he’s great.
    The general western problem is that the opposition is fucking shithouse too.
    We are gradually turning into America.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    We are gradually turning into America.
    The UK is as well. The UK government is now attacking the media constantly and adopting the other Trump mantra of 'never ever apologize no matter how much you fuck up'.

I often wonder about people who are fine with that and the whole fake news thing. If there was no mainstream media that only leaves the government as your source of all information.

a) Are you fine with that 1984 scenario?
    b) How the fuck is that in any way not elitest?

Non 'mainstream media' is just comment it doesn't gather information or create content it just talks about it. It may often be a bit shit but it's all we have - like democracy it's the least bad option.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm conflicted over y'all's comments on turning into America... I can see both up and down sides of that equation...

Can't feel any sympathy for verbal attacks on any faction of the media... far too much of the criticism is well earned. It wasn't too long ago majority of news reporting was predominately true journalism of reporting facts and observations of events. Opinions and editorials were only 10% of the media's output.

Today the lines are way too blurred to put much stock in most reporting... even when attempts are made at journalism the reporting bodies still tend to push politically motivated angles and selective points of view. Truth and full facts in context are elusive...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stopped at BW3 after our last day of work like usual. Except we get in there and it's practically empty. A lot of empty space at the bar. We were able to put a couple tables together, we still had less than 10 people in our group and we explained we'd already been at work together all week. As I figured, people are going to stay away on their own.

Coming back home by the ball fields and the Little League teams are practicing. Kind of good to see. At least those kids are active.

Downtown Cleveland's curfew will be lifted today but the mayor says if shit stirs up again he'll close it down. One of my co-worker's sons lives downtown, he was going to go for a run the other evening and the National Guard outside his building told him he couldn't. I wouldn't even consider going that way on my bike, I may head out to the trails in the country this week while I'm off.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not happy with seeing the active positive numbers rising here in Arkansas... The good news is it's fairly localized community spread and expanded testing driving the rise. The biggest jumps are a result of community spread surrounding specific factories and meat processing facilities.

Good news is toilet paper shelves are stocked again and certain cleaning products are showing back up. Meat is back in stock but prices are way up...

Latest supply chain issue... trash bags in short supply and forget trying to find a freezer for household use any time soon.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good news is toilet paper shelves are stocked again and certain cleaning products are showing back up. Meat is back in stock but prices are way up...

Latest supply chain issue... trash bags in short supply and forget trying to find a freezer for household use any time soon.
    I never realized you guys still had supply chain issues. We had the toilet roll shortage and less choice of meat and veg for about 3 weeks. A lack of some cleaning products and hand sanitizer went on for longer but that's been about it.

Oh and a shortage of white wine for a couple of days when they announced the schools were shutting...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There is TP where I usually shop but it's an off-brand.

I guess one's hole doesn't care what brand it is.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Target I go to here have the good TP but the shelves aren't full but it is plentiful and they have a 2 pckg. per person limit. As far as bags I have notices that and the meat sections seem a little light but still a full range of products. I had to coach my mom on how to buy TP because the shelves at the Tops supermarket she goes to has no paper products on the shelves as of a couple weeks ago, you have to ask for it...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There is TP where I usually shop but it's an off-brand.

I guess one's hole doesn't care what brand it is.
    You apparently didn't have to by RV/boating TP like I did as I was actually on my last roll when the panic buying started.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    McDonalds are closing all their Drive Thru's in the UK from today.
    Now back open. Huge queues - the longest 11 weeks of some people's lives...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You apparently didn't have to by RV/boating TP like I did as I was actually on my last roll when the panic buying started.
    No one seemed to notice they could still buy face tissues/paper handkerchiefs. Also no one(else) was buying flu medicine??

The whole thing was weird the way it spread around the world, I blame the internet.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't.

I had a fresh 9-pack under the sink, and I could have sworn I had another 9 rolls left from the Sam's Club mega pack I had bought months ago. I found those in the closet, buried under clean towels. I haven't had to buy any yet.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    No one seemed to notice they could still buy face tissues/paper handkerchiefs. Also no one(else) was buying flu medicine??

The whole thing was weird the way it spread around the world, I blame the internet.
    I tried to find a thermometer and everyone was cleaned out so ended up buying one on Amazon from a piece of shit Chinese scam company in March. Listed delivery was May 1st, then it kept changing. I finally got my money back from Amazon and left a review among the other bad ones.

I'm not sure how real it was but the local sewer depts. were saying not to flush facial tissues or wipes as they didn't breakdown and clogged up filter grates. I doubt they had any real issues though...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I noticed pain relievers typically used to treat a fever are making their way back in-stock.

As the numbers continue to stack up... it's really clear that rural areas are very much under control and the community spread is continuing in areas with the higher population density.

I think we can safely drop the whole bullshit notion that the virus would die out during warmer summer temperatures... the continued rise across the southern US clearly demonstrates that hot and humid conditions are not impeding the rate of infection in any measurable form.

I hear a lot of people concerned the outbreak will come back this fall... I'm like really..? With record numbers of community spread being hit daily right now... wouldn't it need to significantly decline before we can talk about a "new" wave..?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

344 cases in the county, still at 12 deaths.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Found out Friday that our plant in Indiana has been closed due to 10 employees catching the virus. Indiana was a little looser with their guidelines than Ohio was. Plant is being disinfected and they're probably on a 14 day quarantine. I could use another 14 days off, especially now that it's nicer out. It was still cold when I did the self-quarantine a month ago.

Ohio's health director, Dr. Amy Acton, has resigned. The interim director is a lawyer. He'll be easier to shit on when he makes an unpopular decision

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I tried to find a thermometer and everyone was cleaned out so ended up buying one on Amazon from a piece of shit Chinese scam company in March. Listed delivery was May 1st, then it kept changing. I finally got my money back from Amazon and left a review among the other bad ones.
    My parents were looking for thermometers and asked me to keep looking. I have been kind of meh through the whole thing. Got my niece to look while she does her daily shopping and she hasn't come up with anything. Ma calls the other day and says she found digtal thermometers in a catalog and she ordered two. yay?

I have this Harbor Freight infrared thing that is pretty accurate, and we get our temp checked at work upon arrival. I cuntinue to not be worried.

MGM Northfield Park casino re-opens on the 20th, I may go in overnight on the 22nd just to see how they changed up the floor plan.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We've been at 1-2 active positives for about a month in my county... Most of the rural counties in the state have been holding steady at less than 10 active cases. My county got noticed back in March due to a church event that resulted in about 40 cases and 4 deaths. Back then we were like number 14 in the nation... now we're not in the mix.

Active Positive: 2
    Total Positive: 75
    Recovered: 69
    Deaths: 4
    Negatives: 1,098

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My parents were looking for thermometers and asked me to keep looking. I have been kind of meh through the whole thing. Got my niece to look while she does her daily shopping and she hasn't come up with anything. Ma calls the other day and says she found digtal thermometers in a catalog and she ordered two. yay?

I have this Harbor Freight infrared thing that is pretty accurate, and we get our temp checked at work upon arrival. I cuntinue to not be worried.

MGM Northfield Park casino re-opens on the 20th, I may go in overnight on the 22nd just to see how they changed up the floor plan.
    Vilchen was the piece of shit Chinese company that repeatedly lied, still was never delivered...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We've been at 1-2 active positives for about a month in my county... Most of the rural counties in the state have been holding steady at less than 10 active cases. My county got noticed back in March due to a church event that resulted in about 40 cases and 4 deaths. Back then we were like number 14 in the nation... now we're not in the mix.

Active Positive: 2
    Total Positive: 75
    Recovered: 69
    Deaths: 4
    Negatives: 1,098
    If you test 100 people who have the virus you will get only get around 70 positive results.

I don't think enough people know how poor the test actually is.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Testing quality is questionable... I haven't seen enough evidence to quantify it, but no doubt it's not 100% accurate. From what I've read it may not be the quality of the test as the variability of the viral load of the person being tested that can vary results.

Also locally I know that we are still required to go through our primary physician to request testing or you also have to be symptomatic in some way to receive testing. It's just now starting to open up for non-symptomatic testing in limited areas.

I suspect there's a fair amount of people that have had it and either didn't have enough symptoms to be tested or chose not to attempt it all together...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't hang a lot of meaning on taking one sensational headline for a single patient's Covid hospitalization cost and project that across the spectrum. That one guy was atypical and not the average treatments and time spent hospitalized.

The medical industry is not getting rich treating Covid related illnesses... actually it's quite the opposite. Covid is financially crushing the medical industry due to closures, restrictions and hundreds of millions of normal medical activities in the US gone on-hold or just plain not happening since March.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Because, of course...

Sammy Hagar Wants to Resume Concerts: ‘I’d Rather Personally Get Sick and Even Die, If That’s What It Takes’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/sammy-...what-it-takes/

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar finally says something we can get behind!

43. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (06-25-2020)

Thread Information