Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I understand that medical companies have to charge more than just the materials cost to recoup their research and development including manufacturing costs. But a 100,000% mark-up is total highway robbery according to my monkey brain. Pricing for Epi-Pens are crazy, too. You can buy a syringe of epinephrine (adrenaline) for $20. But put that drug in an auto-injector and you get charged upwards of $600. Never mind the fact that the US military already paid for the research and development of the auto-injector for atropine.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    The people dying in my white community are F A T Texuuns and Californians. These collective dumbfucks believe wearing a god damn piece of clothing stretched across their F A T faces impedes on their illusion that they have freedom. No one in America has freedom. Are you fucking kidding me? Anyhoo, these stupid fucks do not deserve any medical treatment for being stupid. Let these F A T motherfuckers DIE on the steps of any local hospital and then kick their bloated bodies out of the way for the maggots to dine on their F A T sweaty flesh and then film that for your CNN/FOX/Corporate cock sucking sound bites.

Maybe then these shitheads will learn.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There are many delicious decaffeinated coffee varieties that are just as rich and flavorful as the regular brands.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    Cool beans

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmonkey View Post
    There are many delicious decaffeinated coffee varieties that are just as rich and flavorful as the regular brands.
    I don't know which is more useless... decaf coffee or non alcoholic "beer".

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I don't know which is more useless... decaf coffee or non alcoholic "beer".
    Decaf. I hate both...but there's something so utterly offensive about decaf coffee.

I've never accidentally bought near beer. But I've accidentally bought decaf one or two times and my wife and I ended up with massive headaches before we finally figured out what the fuck was going on...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The virus isn't political, when is the penny going to drop...?

Here in Frogland experts are talking about the "second wave" that was expected to happen... or not.
    Macron (I'd rather call him "Micron") gave a speech the other day, announcing bars and restaurants would be closed in big cities where a curfew would be imposed too.
    Private gatherings will have to include no more than 6 persons.
    There are currently 80 casualties from covid a day here, and 3,000 new cases.

Authorities want to avoid general quarantine like in March and April, for economical reasons, no doubt that.
    But those measures that were announced are just stupid IMO. What effect will limited gatherings have on the circulation of the virus, while elementary, middle and high schools alllow it in big scales?
    We are over 1,500 people where I teach, students, teachers and employees, all wearing a mask but potentially spreading the disease around in many ways.
    Cases occur among students every day. But those daily massive gatherings don't seem to worry the government. What's the use in limiting the number of persons at home?
    "What about large families?", of of my students asked yesterday. Indeed...

I'm just pointing at illogical decisions made here, I'm not obsessed with the virus and don't worry for myself. It's just that it seems their fellow citizens' health matters to them as long as the economy isn't at stake.
    My coworkers are growing more and more mistrustful towards decision makers, and anger is swelling...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

I read the same comments here every day Jérôme especially from my friends who are teachers.

France and Britain are making the same mistakes again. If you are half assed all that happens is that it goes on longer, more people die and you have to go full lock down in a few weeks anyway. Both countries should have just shut everything at the start of the month including schools for a couple of weeks - that's what the scientists said to do.

This new 3/4 assed approach seems to be the worst of all and people are getting pissed off.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree, Sesh. Half-assed measures, taken in the name of holy economic growth, no matter how much harm it may cause to some people.

I'm in a doctor's waiting room just now because I have fever and feel tired and like black and blue - but still can smell.
    If I caught the virus, no doubt it was at work. But I don't think it is covid though, just classic flu.
    I have to make sure.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

A staffer at our high school tested positive. This has created a whole shitstorm in the village. I don't have kids so there is no effect on me.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    With the current increases reported around the world... I've come to the conclusion that the medical, scientific and epidemiologist experts still don't have definitive answers to competently advise... policy and decision makers aren't making the best choices...

Appears the humans don't have a handle on this... not sure what's up with the Scandinavian countries. Are they really that low of infection rates or are they not testing at the same rates other developed countries are... or just damn lucky..?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    With the current increases reported around the world... I've come to the conclusion that the medical, scientific and epidemiologist experts still don't have definitive answers to competently advise... policy and decision makers aren't making the best choices...

Appears the humans don't have a handle on this... not sure what's up with the Scandinavian countries. Are they really that low of infection rates or are they not testing at the same rates other developed countries are... or just damn lucky..?

A funny parody on the policy and decision making process.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Funny video...

That guy who made it is a spittin image of an old buddy of mine Mike... who back in 78 lost control of his Harley doing about 80 MPH and crashed through a dental office. He and the bike passed through 2 exterior walls and the lobby. He lived to tell about it...

After 2 years in the hospital and massive reconstructive surgeries, I picked him and we were sitting in my car on the cliffs of Capitola, California catching up and a cop checks on us to see if we were partying, which we weren't. Ran our ID's and arrested my buddy for a failure to appear warrant from his wreck 2 years ago. He still had a full cast on his leg and we showed the cops his discharge paper work from the hospital... a 2 inch thick folder's worth. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the jail because they couldn't fit him and his full leg cast into the police car. I followed them and bailed him out 30 minutes later...

17. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (10-21-2020)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny video...

That guy who made it is a spittin image of an old buddy of mine Mike... who back in 78 lost control of his Harley doing about 80 MPH and crashed through a dental office. He and the bike passed through 2 exterior walls and the lobby. He lived to tell about it...

After 2 years in the hospital and massive reconstructive surgeries, I picked him and we were sitting in my car on the cliffs of Capitola, California catching up and a cop checks on us to see if we were partying, which we weren't. Ran our ID's and arrested my buddy for a failure to appear warrant from his wreck 2 years ago. He still had a full cast on his leg and we showed the cops his discharge paper work from the hospital... a 2 inch thick folder's worth. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the jail because they couldn't fit him and his full leg cast into the police car. I followed them and bailed him out 30 minutes later...
    I get that there is due process and legal procedures, and it's an oversimplification to say this, but it's asinine the cops basically arrested him to shake down for bail money.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny video...

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing this memory Zah!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've talked to people that live there and there are a few reasons. Scandinavians are real sticklers for rules, if the government tells them to do something they really fucking do it. It's to do with social contracts and so on, the government helps them and they help their government.

Secondly Scandinavians don't hang around in bars that much. Thirdly they already maintain more social distance at normal times, they aren't as fat, they have fewer comorbidities and excellent government healthcare.

All that said, they aren't that happy with the way things worked out.

HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT WORK WITH THIS VIRUS.

It is unachievable because you don't get enough antibodies.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2728

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Read an article that Sweden is considering localized lockdowns as their infection rates are up 170+% and are experiencing one of the highest death rates per capita in the world.

Maybe they were just lucky and it ran out rather than they had an effective approach...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Secondly Scandinavians don't hang around in bars that much.https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2728
    I'm half-Swedish and have visited maybe 10 times. I agree with much of your post...but I will say that my cousins spend a lot of time drinking in Swedish bars.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dolly Parton helped fund COVID 19 vaccine??

yahoo.com
    Dolly Parton's $1M donation helped fund promising COVID-19 vaccine: 'I just wanted it to do good'
    Taryn Ryder·Writer, Yahoo Entertainment
    Tue, November 17, 2020, 10:13 AM PST

Dolly Parton really can do it all. She can sing. She can act. She can… “cure” coronavirus?

OK, not really, as there’s no known cure for COVID-19, but Parton fans are having a lot of fun applauding the country icon for her philanthropic work that might have a big impact on the pandemic.

This week, Moderna announced early results show its COVID-19 vaccine is 94.5 percent effective at preventing infection. A report published in the New England Journal of Medicine credits the “Dolly Parton Covid-19 Research Fund (Vanderbilt University Medical Center)” as a supporter, plus many other groups.

Fact-checking this was worth it just to see @DollyParton in the acknowledgments of a @NEJM article. And I thought I couldn’t love her more. https://t.co/S3njHEFcGT pic.twitter.com/WcrFIrHp67

— Dr. Meade Krosby (@MeadeKrosby) November 17, 2020
    Parton became a trending topic Tuesday for her role in Moderna’s success, which she addressed on the Today show.

“Yeah! That’s what I understand this morning,” Parton shared. “I’m just happy that anything I do can help somebody else. When I donated the money to the Covid fund, I just wanted it to do good, and evidently, it is. Let’s just hope we find a cure real soon.”

In April, Parton announced she was donating $1 million to Vanderbilt towards COVID-19 research.

“My longtime friend Dr Naji Abumrad, who’s been involved in research at Vanderbilt for many years, informed me that they were making some exciting advancements towards research of the coronavirus for a cure,” she wrote. “I am making a donation of $1 million to Vanderbilt towards that research and to encourage people that can afford it to make donations.”

Twitter is reveling in Parton’s connection to the promising vaccine.

Dolly Parton donated $1 million to Vanderbilt for vaccine research.

Vanderbilt researchers were involved in the Moderna trials.

Ergo, Dolly Parton helped cure COVID.

— Jonathan "Boo and Vote" Cohn (@JonathanCohn) November 17, 2020
    Dolly Parton can cure COVID but COVID could never write ‘Jolene’ and ‘I Will Always Love You’ in the same day!!!

— Zara Rahim (@ZaraRahim) November 17, 2020
    Shakespeare may have written King Lear during the plague, but Dolly Parton funded a covid vaccine, dropped a Christmas album and a Christmas special.

— Lyz Lenz (@lyzl) November 17, 2020
    Give Dolly Parton the Nobel Peace Prize

— Morgan Jerkins (@MorganJerkins) November 17, 2020

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Moving into the Orange Zone, gyms, spas, tattoo places all close. No dine-in at restaurants...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-18-2020 at 05:48 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In your terms we moved from orange to red this week with a lower R Rate than NY but the schools are still open.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ohio just started an overnight curfew from 10 pm to 5 am. I see it as pointless and unenforceable. Most retail has been closing before midnight, and 24 hour gyms will close on their own overnight. The bars are still closing at ten, if people want to continue the party at a private home there really isn't anything the state can do about it. Most of the local departments have said they aren't going to enforce the order. I'm off tonight, I may go for a ride after midnight and see what happens.

My county is on the verge of going OMG RED ALERT. Schools have gone back to remote learning. Libraries closed. Some private clubs have closed for a week or two.

Plenty of co-workers in and out of the "protocol." A few positive tests but no hospitalizations. Friend of mine has an employee out due to a positive test. We still went to lunch the other day.

Ohio hired a new health director but she's a lawyer and not a doctor. At least six physicians applied for the job. I'd be more comfortable if the new director was a doctor. Interim director was a lawyer, too.

Sure, the number of positive tests has gone up but the percentage of deaths is still somewhere around one percent. I think people see that and aren't too concerned. If the percentage was five to ten percent people might take notice. As for those who have recovered having long-term complications...we're aware of the dangers of smoking and obesity and apparently we're okay with it. What's another complication?

There's conflicting reports about hospital utilization, are there a lot of seasonal flu admissions or are they truly Covid? Some hospitals laid staff off in the spring and haven't recalled employees, if it was that bad wouldn't they have been back to work?

I'm tired of hearing how Americans are selfish. The media and advertisers have been telling people for years that we should do what we want, be who we want, and that it's "all about YOU!" And now they can't figure out why people are selfish?

None of this is to say I'm not staying safe. I'm still out riding my bike, wearing the mask in stores and at work. I'm not wearing that fucking thing in my own car or at the gas pump. I went to Micro Center today and they have a girl at the front of the store wearing a clear plastic lab coat offering sanitizer and all I can think of is how she'd look with just the lab coat on

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    There's conflicting reports about hospital utilization, are there a lot of seasonal flu admissions or are they truly Covid?

I'm not wearing that fucking thing in my own car or at the gas pump.
    It's a bit early for seasonal flu plus flu was down last year and hopefully will be again this year because of people being more careful.

I don't know why anyone would wear a mask in their own car alone or at the gas pump but you should make sure you sanitize your hands immediately after touching it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We see people wearing masks alone in their car ALL THE TIME. While we're on the bikes, or sitting out front after a ride. We rode at Presque Isle state park in PA in August and the park says you gotta wear a mask, even in the water. We had ours with us, after a mile/five minutes on the bike path we only saw a few people out of maybe 20 wearing a mask. Didn't put it on until it was time to order lunch.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ohio hired a new health director but she's a lawyer and not a doctor. At least six physicians applied for the job. I'd be more comfortable if the new director was a doctor. Interim director was a lawyer, too.
    Fucking crazy. Also you don't just need a doctor you need a public health expert which is like a doctor with some decent stats skills. Unfortunately it seems you also need to find one who is ok getting death threats from wackos who think this is a political thing...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We see people wearing masks alone in their car ALL THE TIME. While we're on the bikes, or sitting out front after a ride. We rode at Presque Isle state park in PA in August and the park says you gotta wear a mask, even in the water. We had ours with us, after a mile/five minutes on the bike path we only saw a few people out of maybe 20 wearing a mask. Didn't put it on until it was time to order lunch.
    Most of this is common sense. I guess you could get it in the water if you were standing close to someone talking to someone for 5 minutes. Sometimes rules aren't there to for the reason you think, its more about keeping things simple for the dummies.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Most of the current tracking data shows the spread is predominately due to indoor social gatherings. Outdoors the risks drop significantly.

Other current trends show that the infected folks are actually contagious and capable of spreading 1-4 days before the on-set of symptoms. Especially those who end up with a mild case.

Another interesting trend... a lot people get exposed and rush to get tested. Statistics are showing a lot of false negatives because they get tested before their viral load is enough for the test to pick it up. Then 3-10 days later they end up with symptoms and test positive.

Common sense approaches should work... sadly common sense isn't so common...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes, the vaccine race will get dirty... on several fronts.

Right now country-state sponsored cyber bad actors are aggressively targeting everything and anything related to the vaccine development with 2 primary goals in mind... stealing the intellectual property so they can disrupt the market and attempting to take hostage and monetize ransom payments for critical information. China, North Korea and Iran top the list and show the highest amount of targeted attacks against that sector of the health industry.

Then soon... battles over distribution and who gets the vaccine when available will heat up and get nasty in short order both locally and globally the fighting will be ugly...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes, the vaccine race will get dirty... on several fronts.

Right now country-state sponsored cyber bad actors are aggressively targeting everything and anything related to the vaccine development with 2 primary goals in mind... stealing the intellectual property so they can disrupt the market and attempting to take hostage and monetize ransom payments for critical information. China, North Korea and Iran top the list and show the highest amount of targeted attacks against that sector of the health industry.

Then soon... battles over distribution and who gets the vaccine when available will heat up and get nasty in short order both locally and globally the fighting will be ugly...
    I haven't really heard anything like this. I am not sure in any bad actors best interests to disrupt anything at this point because places like China need us to buy their shit...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    He has some good points but Australia is now in their Summer period, so obviously infections there will be easier to make nil...

Thread Information