Thread: Pelosi says 'morbidly obese' Trump taking hydroxychloroquine 'not a good idea'

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Talking Pelosi says 'morbidly obese' Trump taking hydroxychloroquine 'not a good idea'

Pelosi says 'morbidly obese' Trump taking hydroxychloroquine 'not a good idea'
    Cristina Marcos 4 hrs ago

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Monday that it's "not a good idea" for President Trump to be taking hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for coronavirus.

"I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group, what is morbidly obese, they say," Pelosi said during an appearance on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360."

"So, I think that it's not a good idea."

Trump said earlier in the day that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine, which is used to treat malaria, for the past week and a half after one of his personal valets tested positive for the coronavirus.

Trump has repeatedly touted the drug as a potential coronavirus cure or preventative measure over the last two months, despite the lack of evidence that it's effective against the disease.

"Here's my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it," Trump said on Monday. "So far, I seem to be OK."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) also called Trump's decision to take hydroxychloroquine "reckless."

"I know him saying he is taking it, whether he is or not, is reckless, reckless, reckless. It gives people false hope, has people avoid real medical attention, and can actually cause them trouble. It is just dangerous what he did," Schumer said on MSNBC.

The Food and Drug Administration warned last month that the drug should not be taken outside of a hospital or clinical trial due to the risk of heart rhythm problems.

An analysis of patients at Veterans Affairs hospitals across the country found that the death rates of people treated with hydroxychloroquine were higher than those who did not receive the treatment.

The White House later Monday released a memo from the president's physician saying the two discussed the use of hydroxychloroquine and determined "the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

"In consultation with our inter-agency partners and subject matter experts around the country, I continue to monitor the myriad studies investigating potential COVID-19 therapies, and I anticipate employing the same shared medical decision making based on the evidence at hand in the future," presidential physician Sean Conley wrote.

According to the results of his medical exam released last year, Trump, 73, qualifies as obese with a listed height of 6 feet, 3 inches and a weight of 243 pounds.

The medical exam also stated that Trump was taking medication to reduce cholesterol.
    LINK
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

So much for "they go low, we go high."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Not that I believe for one second that Cheeto is actually taking that shit. But when a bunch of his mindless MAGAtt followers DO take it and then likely die from it, will he be held responsible for their deaths?

Remember, two weeks ago those idiots were ready to start drinking Lysol because the Orange Messiah told them to.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Not that I believe for one second that Cheeto is actually taking that shit. But when a bunch of his mindless MAGAtt followers DO take it and then likely die from it, will he be held responsible for their deaths?

Remember, two weeks ago those idiots were ready to start drinking Lysol because the Orange Messiah told them to.
    I agree, he's terrified of some medications and a germophobe...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Oh if Trump dropped dead Nancy would throw a huge celebration party.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I thought it was drinking bleach and huffing Lysol. Then apparently popping some of them aquarium fish medication tablets too. The only thing missing is ingesting some Tide detergent pods, huffing Dust-Off and brake cleaner. Sounds like a party to me. Don’t forget to grab some pussy and sniff your fingers before you sniff some glue.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries

I tend to doubt Trump is taking that stuff as well.

Should others decide to take it simply because Trump told them he was and not do their own due diligence and suffer health problems as a result, well, no, Trump shouldn't be held responsible for their health problems, any more than Trump should have if they injected themselves with Lysol: dummies are gonna do stupid shit regardless of who is in the Oval Office, because stupid shit is what dummies do.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I tend to doubt Trump is taking that stuff as well.

Should others decide to take it simply because Trump told them he was and not do their own due diligence and suffer health problems as a result, well, no, Trump shouldn't be held responsible for their health problems, any more than Trump should have if they injected themselves with Lysol: dummies are gonna do stupid shit regardless of who is in the Oval Office, because stupid shit is what dummies do.
    Ah. If you want to take malaria medicine drink gin and tonics. The tonic water has quinine in it. Anyways enjoy the freak show because you can’t fix stupid but you can be entertained by stupid people and politics is just show business. Both sides of the isle want to fuck us up the ass but they just play their little roles and create drama. The Republics aren’t exactly going after James Comey are they. Why? Everyone has dirt on everyone and everyone has rolled in the same dirt.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Only if Pence dropped dead at the same time. Then she could move her ice cream freezers to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Only if Pence dropped dead at the same time. Then she could move her ice cream freezers to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    It's obvious Trump only recently became aware of this...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Like most people...

Thread Information