Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's The Rioting Where You Are?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

How's The Rioting Where You Are?

Right now, they're firing tear gas in Buffalo, NY Niagara Square. State of Emergency has been declared and County and City officials claim "outside agitators" apparently were targeting the Federal Court House which is made of glass. There is heavy State, County and City police presence and Federal Marshals have been guarding the court.

Live feed from guerilla journalist: https://www.facebook.com/brandan.mos...9075/?__tn__=R

Things aren't too bad here relatively speaking, in neighboring Rochester the riots were more destructive...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

This from earlier tonight in Seattle. Reminds me a bit of WTO 1999. And the ones starting the shit are probably just as fake & paid off as they were back then...

Look at this fucking asshole moving the planters around, for fucks sake. That tool reeks of "government troll" about as much as that idiot with the hammer knocking out the Auto Zone windows in Minneapolis.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And then there's the obligatory crazy MAGAtts trying to murder people with their SUV....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

I guess Cleveland is getting hit pretty hard. National Guard called in about 8:30 pm and mutual aid from the surrounding counties sheriff's departments was requested.

ODOT has closed the inbound freeways.

Was going to head that way tomorrow for a bike ride...I'll stay in town.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The riot, while the worst here since the Vietnam era, was relatively mild with a few shops broken into. A van used by bail bondsman was burned and some jerkoff threw a burning box into cityhall. A heavy police presence dwindled the crowd and chased them out by midnight. For some reason the few looters gravitated to 7-11's. People are out cleaning up Niagara Square this morning...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    One of the main streets in Tampa (not the downtown area) where one of the larger malls in town is located along with dozens of businesses had rioting and looting break out last night. Several businesses torched, along with a gas station where thankfully the fire was put out before it spread to the underground fuel pumps.

With Tampa, the downtown area itself doesn't have much by way of inhabitants or residents. The city is more a series of interconnected suburbs than other cities.

From the news reports thus far, all of the arrests from last night involved local asshole residents who went to the mall and the other businesses simply to start trouble, run riot, burn and rob. There were no outside agitators arrested. The geographical areas involved have large concentrations of lower income non-whites living there. I don't know anything about who was arrested beyond their resident status in terms of their ethnicity or economic status, so I'm not making any "typical poor black thugs looting their own neighborhood" inferences by stating the demographic makeup of the neighborhoods involved. I know plenty of folks who live in that area of multiple ethnicities. To a person, they are all hardworking, follow the rules, treat people decently and aren't looking for trouble. I believe the majority of those who live in the neighborhood(s) concerned are the same. From the helicopter cams and news footage that has surfaced thus far, the looters just looked like a bunch of thug assholes who didn't give a shit about destroying / stealing property that wasn't theirs, or destroying their own neighborhoods: these people clearly don't give a fuck.

Nor am I proffering a tautology along the lines of all protesters being looters, or all the looters were protesters.

From the latest reports, the town I live in just outside of Tampa, which has about 100,000 residents, was featured on multiple private social media account posts today saying basically what happened in Tampa last night will be happening to our town tonight in our own town mall (which is as large if not larger than the mall in Tampa that was trashed last night). So, the National Guard has been deployed to our town and will be staging in the Town Mall from what the latest reports have said. We're under a curfew from 7:30 PM to 6 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    2nd night of protests in Little Rock... no major damages or violence with one exception... some fool drove a car into the entrance of a target store... police arrived and arrested idiots for looting. Mostly just police dispersing people with tear gas when they failed to disperse. Protesters shooting off fireworks...

The video below was captured a narrated by some crybaby...

Last edited by ZahZoo; 06-01-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last night there were early peaceful protests, then the cops pushed people out of the square before 9pm and that was it...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Most of the articles I've read state that the President doesn't make the call to go to the bunker, but the Secret Service does.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I think it's not unreasonable under the circumstances to burn the Minneapolis police station down but I don't really understand the logic behind looting in a different State hundreds of miles away though.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Most of the articles I've read state that the President doesn't make the call to go to the bunker, but the Secret Service does.
    Well, I'd tend to imagine the President made the call today to have his potpourri of law enforcement protecting the White House launch tear gas, hurl flash bangs and fire rubber bullets into the non-violent protesters across the street in order to move them several blocks away from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue so the President could walk outside the WH gates and have his photo op at the boarded-up church...while, holding up a Bible, no less.

Pathetic: if it had been Pence doing that, one could almost understand it in terms of Pence's religious sincerity, which nobody questions re: Pence's belief. With Trump, it was just a lame, cynical pr stunt, throwing red meat to the evangelical faction of his base.

I mean, shit, if Trump simply wanted to clear the protesters away from the White House because he was convinced - or somebody told him - they were a tangible, physical security threat, okay...I get that. ANY president I can imagine making that call. To do it for a bullshit photo op? Even for Trump, whom I honestly believe is a coward when all is said and done, that was a lame move.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think it's not unreasonable under the circumstances to burn the Minneapolis police station down but I don't really understand the logic behind looting in a different State hundreds of miles away though.
    There is no logic, other than local vandal thief punks taking advantage of legitimate protests in order to cause mayhem, steal and deface property: these pieces of shit probably have no idea who Floyd was. Nor do they care about Floyd was, much the same as they doubtless don't care about burning their own neighborhoods to the ground and the lives of their own neighbors who get disrupted in the process, or how the looting diminishes the point the protesters are trying to make.

I can't say it is reasonable to burn any police station down, but at least that would be far more understandable then, say, lighting a neighborhood gas station on fire.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I can't say it is reasonable to burn any police station down
    Well usually that is my default position but...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I understand the symbolism of targeting the police station... but then again this was the action of an individual and the destruction of property does nothing to address the systemic problem of racism and violence against other humans... all it does is give an outlet for rage. I don't put much hope in rage leading to any form of resolution...

The looting in any location, near or far, is simple criminal activity. Nothing more... every person involved should be incarcerated fully.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There was a peaceful protest in my home town yesterday. No issues. Police chief said the city was not on lockdown.

FB is full of fake alerts, from "they're moving toward (city)!" to claims of rocks being thrown from freeway overpasses.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As far as I know, all of the protests here in Olympia have been peaceful so far. But I've also seen parades of cop cars speeding past my house late at night - sirens & disco lights going and all - for the last two nights, so fuck knows what's up with that. They shouldn't need the sirens if they're just going to the donut shop, since there's not a lot of traffic around at night.

The local fish wrapper did mention that a couple of "outside agitators" did try to stir up shit at one of the protests, but they were politely told to get the fuck out. Being the state capitol, we do seem to be the target for various right wing shit stirrers ever since the Orange Imbecile has been occupying the White House (or White House Bunker)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Donald (6) Johann (6) Drumpf (6) - The Abomination of Desolation

“When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whosoever readeth, let him understand),

“Then let them who are in Judea flee into the mountains;

“Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;

“Neither let him who is in the field return back to take his clothes.

“And woe unto those who are with child, and to those who nurse children in those days!

“But pray that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day;

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

Matt. 24:15-22

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    There was a peaceful protest in my home town yesterday. No issues. Police chief said the city was not on lockdown.

FB is full of fake alerts, from "they're moving toward (city)!" to claims of rocks being thrown from freeway overpasses.
    Social media in general (and obviously this isn't limited to the riots) tends to spread bullshit rumors: last Saturday night when the riot/looting was going on in Tampa, there were dozens upon dozens of posts being made in real time while the stuff was happening claiming that such and such took place (or was taking place) in terms of physical actions that turned out to be total bullshit come next morning when the dust settled...all these specious claims (such and such store was burned down, such and such store owner was murdered by looters, etc.) that were spun up out of nothing far as I can tell.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

“When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whosoever readeth, let him understand),

“Then let them who are in Judea flee into the mountains;

“Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;

“Neither let him who is in the field return back to take his clothes.

“And woe unto those who are with child, and to those who nurse children in those days!

“But pray that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day;

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

Matt. 24:15-22
    One of the worst public relations disaster by a modern president, any president.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What the photo doesn't show was that Trumpo had his goons evict peaceful protesters with gas from the area around the church. I mean, he's a total cunt but maybe someone with his instincts might have recognized he'd have been much better off mixing and meeting peaceful protesters instead of his Hitler-riffic pose with the bible he never reads in front of a church he never attends...

27. 2 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (06-03-2020),Seshmeister (06-02-2020)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

There’s some funny memes here too, things on fire, lightening strikes. The background words.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    There’s some funny memes here too, things on fire, lightening strikes. The background words.
    It was peaceful here as far as the protests, they broke up early. Anything else was broke up by some impressive lightening and hail. I initially thought the thunder was flashbangs lol...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thousands of people in London seem to think they can somehow influence police policies in the USA by going on a march.

This seems a little unwise in the middle of a pandemic...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52907101

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Thousands of people in London seem to think they can somehow influence police policies in the USA by going on a march.

This seems a little unwise in the middle of a pandemic...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52907101

https://twitter.com/dma4him/status/1...442013702?s=21

Some reality.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I understand the symbolism of targeting the police station... but then again this was the action of an individual and the destruction of property does nothing to address the systemic problem of racism and violence against other humans... all it does is give an outlet for rage. I don't put much hope in rage leading to any form of resolution...

The looting in any location, near or far, is simple criminal activity. Nothing more... every person involved should be incarcerated fully.
    The only trouble here is a hiker got attacked by a grizzly bear.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lot’s of big crowds worldwide. If we don’t have a huge COVID19 spike because of it I say it’s time to open things back up.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think this was a useful perspective to at least think about for all us middle aged white guys...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A lot of this is what’s called propaganda agitation. Propaganda agitation is using the media to fuel the rage over an event real or faked and using agitators to get the maximum impact. It’s used to weaken a country by dividing it. In the US race is an agitation point such groups like to exploit. Remember we are in an economic war with China and China has taken control of Hong Kong. China would deffinately be interested in starting some internal problems here.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Lot’s of big crowds worldwide. If we don’t have a huge COVID19 spike because of it I say it’s time to open things back up.
    We will see big spikes especially in the areas with large crowds that have been gathering this week... seeing numbers climb across the US steadily now. Expect a wake up call in about 7-14 days from now...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    We will see big spikes especially in the areas with large crowds that have been gathering this week... seeing numbers climb across the US steadily now. Expect a wake up call in about 7-14 days from now...
    Yup. Fortunately viruses don’t survive well in heat, humidity and in UV light. We probably will see some blow back. Someone I know who caught COVID19 said they were sick for a week and got on antibiotics when they had the early symptoms of having pneumonia. They never ended up in the hospital. If you don’t get on the antibiotics soon enough the pneumonia can set in and if you are weak due to age or pre-existing health problems then you got problems. But it’s usually not the old and weak that go out protesting.

Thread Information