The Trump Walk...

Trump lashes out after critics highlight unsteady walk down West Point ramp
    Trump didn’t want to ‘fall for the Fake News to have fun with’
    Speculation about his health has dogged his time in office

Martin Pengelly

@MartinPengelly
    Sun 14 Jun 2020 09.21 EDTLast modified on Mon 15 Jun 2020 06.07 EDT

Trump appears uneasy on his feet after West Point speech – video
    Amid widespread comment about his apparent difficulty walking down a ramp at West Point on Saturday, Donald Trump tweeted a predictably angry and dismissive response.

Trump claims 'radical left' have 'taken over' Seattle during policing protests – as it happened
    Read more
    “The ramp that I descended after my West Point commencement speech was very long and steep,” the president wrote, “had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery. The last thing I was going to do is ‘fall’ for the Fake News to have fun with. Final ten feet I ran down to level ground. Momentum!”

In equally familiar fashion, the tweet only stoked the flames, prompting observers to note that the West Point superintendent, Darryl A Williams, did not seem to find the ramp difficult, and that Trump did not in fact run its last section, instead taking just a few quicker steps.

Others noted that, as so often, Trump had previously tweeted a complaint about his predecessor … running down a slope.

“The way President Obama runs down the stairs of Air Force 1,” Trump wrote on 22 April 2014, “hopping & bobbing all the way, is so inelegant and unpresidential. Do not fall!

Footage was also uncovered of Obama walking confidently up a ramp at West Point.

Trump, who turned 74 on Sunday, was the oldest person ever to assume the presidency, after an election in which he questioned the health of his opponent, Hillary Clinton, notably mockingly imitating her stumble at a 9/11 memorial ceremony in New York. Speculation about Trump’s health has duly dogged his time in office.

Such speculation continued on Saturday with regard to an unscheduled visit to hospital last November, which the White House said at the time was for Trump’s annual physical. No such results have yet been published.

Observers focused on Trump’s familiar use of two hands to drink from a bottle of water during his West Point visit.

Bandy Lee, a Yale psychiatrist and editor of The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, wrote on Twitter: “This is a persistent neurological sign that, combined with others, would be concerning enough to require a brain scan.”

Trump’s apparent struggles with the ramp echoed scenes from January 2017, shortly after his inauguration, when he seemed unsteady while walking on a gentle slope at the White House and took the then British prime minister, Theresa May, awkwardly by the hand.

Of Trump’s walk down the ramp at West Point, Lee added: “The uneven gait is something I have remarked at least since his fall visit to Walter Reed, and a forward-leaning posture is associated with the difficulty holding a cup. Note that there has not been an annual report on his health this year.”

Trump was due for a restful birthday on Sunday, spent at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. He was due to return to Washington in the late afternoon.

The GUARDIAN
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just keep stuffing your piehole with Filet-O-Big Mac Fishes, hold those packed-to-the-rafters rallies and refrain from wearing your facemask, Tubby: covid loves 'dem old white men loaded with carbs.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

The speculation is either a minor stroke (possibly last November) when Trump had an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed Army Hospital. Others think he has early onset dementia...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Which, on a human level, you know, I generally think it's not cool to mock people for physical shortcomings.

In the case of Trump, though, he has been a consistently graceless person in his attitudes toward others who aren't him for literally decades now. He'll belittle anybody, probably for no more reason than that is truly how he feels about others who aren't him. Just a total lack of empathy for anybody other than himself.

Had Trump actually fell down that ramp, for the reasons I stated above, I wouldn't feel sorry for him in the least. He has proudly cultivated this blowhard asshole personality, so he can live with the downside(s) of that that may (or may not) eventually come his way in terms of consequences.

Sometimes, we do reap what we sow.

Thread Information