Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sammy Hagar Says He’s Willing To Sacrifice People To Coronavirus For The Economy

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    My parents know a guy at the VA that had it.

My friend's wife works for the Cleveland Clinic and was in the COVID ward. She says it's real but doesn't make it out to be the menace that the media does.

I dunno...I don't like to go anywhere anyways.

We took the bikes to Presque Isle in Erie, PA yesterday. The park website says that a mask is required unless in the water and that a mask must be with you at all times. We had masks in our bike bags, but weren't going to wear them. Two minutes into our ride, we found that very few people were wearing masks. No one sunning on the beach was wearing a mask, but they were following distancing rules. So there's that.

And for the record...I like Canadians.
    I wore a Sammy Hagar mask and everyone vomited.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    To this day, I speak with many people every day.....and nobody knows anybody who knows anybody affected by it physically.

ZERO CHILDREN in all the world reported dead from it. Don't you ask yourself obvious questions?
    I know people who have died about a dozen. I personally know of cases of people younger than you who have died. I also know people who have survived but are basically fucked. Part of the problem is that we have all called cold viruses 'flu' for many years. I've had the actual flu maybe once in my life in my early 30s and it was hellish - COVID is much worse.

The difference between you and I is that I work in healthcare as do other close members of my family and friends so I guess it's time to add me to the list of people in this conspiracy theory in your head which must now be fucking literally millions of people.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

We're still learning about this virus, but it seems the people who are harshly affected will have life long lung damage and other things...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I probably shouldn't even post this but the irony is pretty funny, It's very likely that because there have been children who have died means that the UK government will pay me to research that and I will in turn use some of that money to pay for this site to be up so that Babybrain on Fire can continue to post that no children have died because he read it on his fucking Aunts Facebook page or some shit.

We live in fucked up times...

5. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (07-04-2020),Nickdfresh (07-04-2020),ZahZoo (07-05-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Working in health care also with multiple family members on the front lint lines... ICU nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. provides a very different view from people sitting on sidelines following various crap in the media.

This is a very complex illness that can not be simply explained or minimized with anecdotal comparisons to the flu or common cold.

If the only way you can mentally cope with dealing with this event is to believe it's some sort of scam, you might want to consider quietly spending time learning more about the complex world around you... rather than spreading bullshit that benefits no one.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I probably shouldn't even post this but the irony is pretty funny, It's very likely that because there have been children who have died means that the UK government will pay me to research that and I will in turn use some of that money to pay for this site to be up so that Babybrain on Fire can continue to post that no children have died because he read it on his fucking Aunts Facebook page or some shit.

We live in fucked up times...
    It's just this weird disconnect...

Like, I understand in a general way that it may not be necessarily wise to leave 100% of our decisions to the scientific community, particularly in terms of this virus when there is still a lack of consensus within the scientific community regarding many aspects of the virus.

However, it's hard for me to understand how those without a scientific background in, say, virology or immunology are by default just totally dismissive of such scientists in terms of what they have to say. Is this dismissiveness borne out of fear that should these scientists turn out to be correct about some aspects of the virus this would necessitate a change in the way we live? And that people are afraid of such a change? Or, as you say, how these non-scientists will cite some link from their non-scientist Aunts Facebook page as a counter-argument...then, when you research the link, it ends up being some clip from some half-assed Anonymous wanna-be blathering in a modulated voice about how covid either isn't real and is a con cooked up by the Illuminati to turn us into sheeple OR how the virus was something Obama invented via funding a biolab in Wuhan 5 years ago in order to deny Trump a 2nd term.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Humans have an innate tendency to question things... that's a good thing that spurs intelligent growth.

On the other hand, science is imperfect and very little of anything is absolute. When a variance or anomaly is observed... that questioning mind kicks in and doubt is injected.

Another thing... common knowledge can be just as wide-spread as common ignorance. Given the billions of brains on earth... each end of the spectrum is well represented.

The challenge with today's debate with the benefits of facial masking is in the basic understanding of the function of the mask and objective of it's use. Many perceive the mask as a protective device for the one wearing it... that was and in many cases, still is the prevailing understanding and motivation for inventing/using the damn things.

The part many non-science aware folks miss is the mask's protective functions can be applied in both directions... intake and output.

Those educated in medical science will point out the mask protects the patient from the germs of the medical staff in majority of it's use. Non-medical folks tend to only believe the mask protects the wearer from external things.

The primary application of a facial mask in today's COVID-19 world is to reduce the output of crap coming out of the person wearing the mask. The key word is reduce not eliminate.

It's cheesy to quote Star Wars... but many of the truths we hold dear, depend on a certain point of view...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    We're still learning about this virus, but it seems the people who are harshly affected will have life long lung damage and other things...
    Now "they're" saying it is not respiratory. It is arterial.

None of these so-called expert assholes know anything. They have literally been wrong on everything. Literally everything.

The death rate is miniscule even if you don't factor in the vastly inflated fatalities attributed to COVID that were the result of something else. That has been openly admitted over and over.

4 months ago, I said this IS airborne, and it travels a long way through the air. I am not even a doctor. How did I know? Because I remember 9th grade biology. It's not that hard to figure out.

These experts are incompetent, lying assholes. Especially Fauci, the little garden gnome.

It's not a deadly virus anymore than the flu can potentially be a deadly virus. The stats were in months ago.

And by the way, masks don't do a fucking bit of good. Go take a night class of 9th grade biology. "They" have admitted masks don't do anything. The virus is a microbe, which means really, really small and permeates any materials that have any porosity.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A mask just stops the droplets of spit people blow out. It makes sense if you can’t social distance. Masks have become a feel good prop for some people. Anyways everyone has their angle to play with this. The bottom line is your health is your responsibility. Lot’s of bullshit of course but common sense measures like social distancing, wearing a mask, washing your hands and not touching your face work. One thing you never hear is to eat right, exercise, get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water and get some sunlight. All those things make you healthier and help your immune system.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Humans have an innate tendency to question things... that's a good thing that spurs intelligent growth.

On the other hand, science is imperfect and very little of anything is absolute. When a variance or anomaly is observed... that questioning mind kicks in and doubt is injected.

Another thing... common knowledge can be just as wide-spread as common ignorance. Given the billions of brains on earth... each end of the spectrum is well represented.

The challenge with today's debate with the benefits of facial masking is in the basic understanding of the function of the mask and objective of it's use. Many perceive the mask as a protective device for the one wearing it... that was and in many cases, still is the prevailing understanding and motivation for inventing/using the damn things.

The part many non-science aware folks miss is the mask's protective functions can be applied in both directions... intake and output.

Those educated in medical science will point out the mask protects the patient from the germs of the medical staff in majority of it's use. Non-medical folks tend to only believe the mask protects the wearer from external things.

The primary application of a facial mask in today's COVID-19 world is to reduce the output of crap coming out of the person wearing the mask. The key word is reduce not eliminate.

It's cheesy to quote Star Wars... but many of the truths we hold dear, depend on a certain point of view...
    Debating COVID is like debating what version of Van Halen was better. Bottom line is we all are just going to do what we want to do. People love to argue. People love to troll each other. People like to politicize things. I’m amazed we haven’t genocided each other. Ha! Ha!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    People forget things quick. This will pass and people will go back to doing what they did before. In a few years it will be forgotten and we will be arguing and debating something else.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you want people to wear masks demand that they don’t. Then they will wear them. People don’t like to be told what to do.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    People forget things quick. This will pass and people will go back to doing what they did before. In a few years it will be forgotten and we will be arguing and debating something else.
    Man, I hope you are right on the money. This deal has me scared to death. Seriously.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    Now "they're" saying it is not respiratory. It is arterial.
    Who's "they're"?

None of these so-called expert assholes know anything. They have literally been wrong on everything. Literally everything.
    Sure "they" should listen to the slum dwellers like you. I'm guessing you had a hard time in high school and I'm pretty sure you don't have a degree in anything medical...

The death rate is miniscule even if you don't factor in the vastly inflated fatalities attributed to COVID that were the result of something else. That has been openly admitted over and over. 4 months ago, I said this IS airborne, and it travels a long way through the air. I am not even a doctor. How did I know? Because I remember 9th grade biology. It's not that hard to figure out.
    Wow, no fucking shit Dr. Sherlock! Well at least you made it that far!

These experts are incompetent, lying assholes. Especially Fauci, the little garden gnome.
    I'm pretty sure if Fauci knew who you were, he'd be sad...

It's not a deadly virus anymore than the flu can potentially be a deadly virus. The stats were in months ago.
    Um no fucksticks, it's several times if not 10X more deadly than the flu. 130,306 (and counting and probably a tens of thousands more that were never tested or diagnosed before they died) US citizens have died from COVID-19 since we'll say Feb. 1st to yesterday. They're not sure but 24,000 to 62,000 died from the flu in the six months between Oct-Apr, and the flu currently isn't really killing anyone as COVID is accelerating...

The death rates from COVID-19 are declining somewhat, it's believed that testing is improving the odds as it's caught earlier...

From Johns Hopkins: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu
    There's your facts for the day, idiot!

And by the way, masks don't do a fucking bit of good. Go take a night class of 9th grade biology. "They" have admitted masks don't do anything. The virus is a microbe, which means, really small and permeates any materials that have any porosity.
    Sure Dr. Fucktard! Any other knowledge you be throwin' down dog!??!?!?!?!

What's long and hard on Babyforbrains? 9th grade! Your fucking brain has “porosity”, crackhead…
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

17. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (07-08-2020)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    Man, I hope you are right on the money. This deal has me scared to death. Seriously.
    Everything is always exaggerated in an election year. It’s always that way. Take what you see on the news with a grain of salt. We got two factions during it out in the US Government right now. One is loyal to China and the other wants the US to continue as an economic and world military power. That’s what all this ruckus is really about. It’s not even about the Democrats or Republicans. Got some biological, psychological and economic warfare going on right now.

19. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (07-08-2020),sonrisa salvaje (07-08-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

When i first heard the term "herd immunity", I thought of us defending against the sheep.

21. Thanked sonrisa salvaje for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (07-09-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Everything is always exaggerated in an election year. It’s always that way. Take what you see on the news with a grain of salt. We got two factions during it out in the US Government right now. One is loyal to China and the other wants the US to continue as an economic and world military power. That’s what all this ruckus is really about. It’s not even about the Democrats or Republicans. Got some biological, psychological and economic warfare going on right now.
    More rambling nonsense not really supported by any facts? Who's loyal to China?:

President Donald Trump asked President Xi Jinping of China for domestic political help to boost his electoral prospects in the midst of the two leaders’ trade war last summer, according to the bombshell account of former national security adviser John Bolton in his forthcoming memoir.

According to an excerpt of the memoir, published in The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Bolton alleges that Trump made the plea to help his standing with American farmers during a summit with Xi on the sidelines of the G-20 conference in Japan, a month after negotiations for a trade deal had stalled.

Xi, according to Bolton, complained to the president of unnamed American politicians who Xi said were wrong to call for a new cold war with China, a slight Trump took to be directed toward Democrats who he agreed were too hostile toward Beijing.

“Trump then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability and pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,” Bolton wrote. The president “stressed the importance of farmers and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome.”
    Trump asked China for help getting reelected, Bolton book claims
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-08-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    When i first heard the term "herd immunity", I thought of us defending against the sheep.
    If you are feeling a little low on "herd immunity" take a nostalgic stroll through The Sheep Pen™... always open... always Larg...

24. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (07-09-2020),sonrisa salvaje (07-09-2020)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I respect Spammy because he can still sing and sing well, but he hasn't been in the best shape for years. I respect Roth because he's so gosh darn entertaining and has stayed physically strong for ever; but his voice is gone, he can't sing anymore. Keep in mind, though, that we're talking about men approaching their 70s. Actually, Spammy is 72, god bless him.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,610 Posts

Spammy is tuning down...and his voice cracks on some of the high "notes"

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Spammy is tuning down...and his voice cracks on some of the high "notes"
    I hope I'm as successful, and still able to do what I love to do, when I'm 72.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmonkey View Post
    I hope I'm as successful, and still able to do what I love to do, when I'm 72.
    Hopefully you aren't serial killer or in Hagar's backing band...

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-28-2022 @ 12:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The reason for the lockdown was to not tax the healthcare system.

Government mandated restrictions should be eased or made more stringent based on hospital admissions for COVID and/or deaths. NOT cases.

Do yourself a favor. Take vitamin D3 2000 units daily. It should prevent a bad episode of COVID.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsbane View Post
    The reason for the lockdown was to not tax the healthcare system.
    I don't know what it's like in other countries but in the UK and US there are people that go on as though their government is the only one in the world doing all this lockdown and masks stuff getting angry at politicians taking away 'freedom' when it's happening everywhere no matter what government you have just at different times and extents depending on the numbers.

I'm still doing the vit D thing although I should probably be doing that anyway with no pandemic given my vampire lifestyle.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-07-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Vitamin D is a definite daily supplement here in Cascadia, those 9 months out of the year when the natural source (sunlight) is unavailable.

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2023 @ 10:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If anything it’s just another thing to argue over the internet about.
    Holy fuck, yeah! And that IS exactly what it is.

Thread Information