X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ford Bronco Returns in 2021

Though at least it's a more authentic update of the original 70's Bronco design than the oversized behemoth version of the 1980s.

I could actually see myself driving one of these... but not that goddamned ugly mustard yellow color....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have no objection to people who need these for work or leisure but I find it annoying how many you see on the school run and in our cities. 21 mpg in 2021 isn't good enough and also SUVs don't crumple so they are more likely to kill people in the other vehicle in a crash.

Admittedly some of the highways are so bad in the US you need an SUV.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

meh.

I bought a Gladiator Rubicon a month ago.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

16mpg!

FFS man!!

Environmentally you do get a bit of a pass for not having kids...

Kids and dogs are worse than SUVs.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

All I have are V6 and V8 vehicles. All rear wheel or 4 wheel drive, no front wheel drive stuff.

I'm up to seven...five Jeeps and two Chryslers.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              16mpg!

FFS man!!

Environmentally you do get a bit of a pass for not having kids...

Kids and dogs are worse than SUVs.
              We'll have sustainability meetings at work (well, back when we could actually have meetings!) and we all sit there trying to stay awake. We all have trucks, muscle cars, boats, and other gas hog toys.

And my sticker says 19 mpg combined. 17 city and 22 highway

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Cars always get pointed at but old coal powered power stations in the US are a much bigger issue. Plus you could argue if you buy then all you can only drive one at a time so you are preventing others.

I'm driving an old 3.5 litre 300HP BMW but by not renewing my car every 3 years like many other people who do these rental deals is that really so much worse?

The UK has halved emissions since the 1990s by getting rid of coal power stations and I think that is the real reason that the US is the worst or second worst in the world - not a fact you hear often enough.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

16mpg!

FFS man!!
                  I can get 14 MPG if I try hard enough

I got a '05 Silverado 2wd a few months ago, it also gets 14 mpg but it's got a larger gas tank and has better range. Oh, and that's #8. A GM product. I don't park it in my driveway.

I tore the passenger side fender off the Gladiator at the offroad park a few weeks ago...
                  Last edited by twonabomber; 08-20-2022, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    meh.

I bought a Gladiator Rubicon a month ago.
                    No offense, The people who buy 'Willy's' type Jeeps love them and despite how awful they actually are the resale value reflects that. But sorry dude the Gladiator pickup is just an abortion. It's the worst mid-sized pickup by all accounts and Jeep/Chrysler fucktards really fucked this one up bad! The old Jeep Comanche pickup is sort of cool.

They should have just an updated version of that but of course Chrysler is to the old AMC they assimilated as a monkey (pox) is to a football it is fucking. Just ruin everything....

They had to make the 'Wrangler' a pickup for the sheep. Sorry but Jesus fucking christ it's just bad...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-20-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Cars always get pointed at but old coal powered power stations in the US are a much bigger issue. Plus you could argue if you buy then all you can only drive one at a time so you are preventing others.

I'm driving an old 3.5 litre 300HP BMW but by not renewing my car every 3 years like many other people who do these rental deals is that really so much worse?

The UK has halved emissions since the 1990s by getting rid of coal power stations and I think that is the real reason that the US is the worst or second worst in the world - not a fact you hear often enough.
                      The UK is one of the shittiest emissions country's regarding cars historically so I wouldn't preach to much. The only thing that keeps you in check is the high gas prices that we're sort of seeing here for the time being...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        No offense, The people who buy 'Willy's' type Jeeps love them and despite how awful they actually are the resale value reflects that. But sorry dude the Gladiator pickup is just an abortion. It's the worst mid-sized pickup by all accounts and Jeep/Chrysler fucktards really fucked this one up bad! The old Jeep Comanche pickup is sort of cool.

They should have just an updated version of that but of course Chrysler is to the old AMC they assimilated as a monkey (pox) is to a football it is fucking. Just ruin everything....

They had to make the 'Wrangler' a pickup for the sheep. Sorry but Jesus fucking christ it's just bad...
                        Except that's not a Comanche that's a full size J truck, J10 or J20. And I have one of those, too! '87 J20. My brother has a '79 J10 short bed. Both with AMC 360s. Comanche was based on the XJ Cherokee, unibody with a short frame under the bed.

I wheel my Gladiator. I drive my 300 Hemi C to the mall. Before I broke the fender...

Last edited by twonabomber; 08-20-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Each new model comes with a bloody knife inside a Louis Vuitton bag.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The UK is one of the shittiest emissions country's regarding cars historically so I wouldn't preach to much. The only thing that keeps you in check is the high gas prices that we're sort of seeing here for the time being...
                            All the smoke from the Lucas electrics going into the atmosphere...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No offense, The people who buy 'Willy's' type Jeeps love them and despite how awful they actually are
                              That's funny.

I rarely fill out surveys. I got one from Jeep and I filled it out. I got an email a few weeks later asking if I'd like to be on the Jeep advisory panel. I signed up, we'll see what happens. I don't expect them to go back to everything being solid front axle, if they have to sell more of the "sissy trucks" (car platform Jeeps) to keep Wrangler and Gladiator SFA then I'm okay with it. I am slightly less concerned about electrification across the model range. I don't see how one will charge their rig while overlanding, but whatever. Most of these don't see dirt anyways.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gladiator doesn't make it to a second generation. I guess they don't sell that well. I didn't really need it when I bought it, but with the shortages etc I'm glad I bought it when I did.

Comment

Working...