Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

He's Canadian. They age in the metric system.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Bill Wyman was 26 when he joined the Stones.

Andy Summers was 35 when he joined The Police.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        The one that always bugged me was Summer of 69, all that happened when Adams was 10 years old???
        The song title went way over your head. Listen to the very last lyrical line.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
          The song title went way over your head. Listen to the very last lyrical line.
          Wow you are absolutely right, not that I am a big fan but for 35 years it never occurred to me it was all smutty innuendo.

I can only think it was because of his squeaky clean image, if Motley Crue had a song called that I would have realised instantly...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Adams had a borderline racist meltdown recently, the Summer of COVID-19.

Maybe someone should tell this vegan-salad-eater knothead that the virus was transmitted back to China from Europe on vegetables...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It also explains why he doesn't sound like someone who practised guitar until his fingers bled.

Wait is that a menstrual blood reference?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If you play Summer '69 backwards he supposedly says "yeah I got my bloodwings!"..

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Adams had a borderline racist meltdown recently, the Summer of COVID-19.

Maybe someone should tell this vegan-salad-eater knothead that the virus was transmitted back to China from Europe on vegetables...
                  I haven't listened to his rant but it is true that without farming livestock or eating wild animals very few if any new viruses would appear.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Could it be a double meaning and it is about getting 69s in 1969?

It had always bothered me because Jody left and get married and he was going to drive-ins yet in 1969 Adams was only 10 years old.

Of course maybe Jody is 16 and he's only 10 getting blown in her car at the drive-in. A 69 in a car could be difficult but to be fair Adams like most singers isn't very tall so when he was 10 Jody could probably flip him upside down easily enough.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Could it be a double meaning and it is about getting 69s in 1969?

It had always bothered me because Jody left and get married and he was going to drive-ins yet in 1969 Adams was only 10 years old.

Of course maybe Jody is 16 and he's only 10 getting blown in her car at the drive-in. A 69 in a car could be difficult but to be fair Adams like most singers isn't very tall so when he was 10 Jody could probably flip him upside down easily enough.
                      What about Jimmy? Makes one wonder why he quit?
                      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Social diseases?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I was 11 in the summer of 69... don't think for one minute we didn't have a clue about what was happening around us.

I remember having made enough money mowing lawns to buy Jimi Hendrix' Electric Ladyland... my first double-album and Led Zeppelin 1 that summer. Also arguing with my mom that those weren't the devil's music...

Spent a lot of time that summer helping my 20 year old next door neighbor build a 55 Chevy panel van hot rod. He was an Army Green Beret recovering at home from getting wounded during his tour in Vietnam.

Oh and there was plenty of room for all kinds of funny business in the back seat of late 50's American cars which were popular for younger folks have back then... Go watch the film American Graffiti...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

From my perspective, if it's going to be another round of dates playing old material, it doesn't matter much to me if Ed/Van Halen tour again one way or the other...even if Dave is singing. I mean, not for nothing, but in eight years Van Halen did three tours. Each of those tours had setlists comprised mostly of CVH tunes. And...fine. Okay. Went and saw two of the three tours. Wasn't quite what I had hoped for in terms of a full-on CVH reunion, but the band (I'm assuming) did about as best they could considering how many years they wasted diddling around getting their act together.

I tend to doubt another tour with Roth post-2015 would have been much different from the other three in terms of quality, even if Mike Anthony had rejoined. To be sure, it would have been neat to see the CVH lineup together, but beyond that...whatever unfinished business CVH had when they broke up in 1985 was finished from 2007 to 2015. Maybe not finished on the type of high note I would have liked, but we got what we got. I don't think it's a travesty (or even a mild shame) at this point if Van Halen never tour again. The band has basically been finished on the creative front for twenty years: the only studio work they released when Roth rejoined was a single album, half of which was warmed over 30 year old leftovers. The band calling it a day now seems much, much less of a bummer than it did in 1985. In point of fact, it seems perhaps past time 'Van Halen' stopped churning out the oldies for lack of ability to come up with anything new.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

I could be wrong, but I'd figure TheKID© would want to spend time focusing on investments, and establishing a portfolio generating cash. Maybe structure a little bit instead of wasting time sparring over the media? He'll never be hungry enough to go through what his Dad did to get where his Dad went. But what do I know; I'm just a monkey.

eek eek!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Appears the Kid™ spends more time getting snarky with critics and jackasses on social media... He did take a shot at "the creeps at VHlinks" which at least verifies he's browsed fan sites... the big news from all that was someone with the last name Van Halen actually recognized a 20 year old fan site with their name publicly.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...