Can this country survive another 4 years of the Orange Imbecile?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      THat was the argument I heard. He would have put Fuaci in charge and then just fucked off to a party in Vegas which would have been so much better. Maybe not ideal but so much better...
      Rodman wouldn't try to cut Post Office funding as he probably wouldn't give a fuck about reelection and worrying about going to jail when he loses...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But he probably would have made more visits to North Korea. And brought some hookers in for Lil' Kim.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

If I remember correctly, Harris was indignant and vicious in her condemnation of Biden over his sexual misconduct. But no one holds her accountable for what she said now that she's the VP candidate. It's all dreamy Cool Whip and wagging puppy dog tails now.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
              If I remember correctly, Harris was indignant and vicious in her condemnation of Biden over his sexual misconduct. But no one holds her accountable for what she said now that she's the VP candidate. It's all dreamy Cool Whip and wagging puppy dog tails now.
              I don't think Harris on the ticket is enough to get Biden elected.

Her record as prosecutor...the Willie Brown thing...she's gonna get picked apart by the PAC's.

Now this thing about people in the Obama administration saying "Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up..."

And everyone is getting their dick hard about Trump's poor showing in the polls. No one remembers the pollsters got fucked four years ago?
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Willie Brown knows what's coming. He actually wrote an article recently, advising his ex-girlfriend to decline the nomination if asked......

Of course he did also say she would make a good Attorney General, despite letting Steve Mnuchin off the hook when she had that job in Collieforneea.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

Her record as prosecutor...the Willie Brown thing...she's gonna get picked apart by the PAC's.

Now this thing about people in the Obama administration saying "Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up..."

And everyone is getting their dick hard about Trump's poor showing in the polls. No one remembers the pollsters got fucked four years ago?
                  I think he'll have to suffer being over 10 points ahead of Trump in every poll as I do not think Mikey Pence will be enough to get Trump reelected...

The polls showed Clinton up by maybe 3 points in 2016 and were close in the popular vote actually, the latest polls show Trump slumming in the battleground delegate states as well, but okay...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-16-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

I wonder if Kamala Harris was selected now so that she'll take all the attacks and scrutiny to be replaced just before the election by Michelle Obama. This is so Obama doesn't have to debate or take any shots from political opponents, and is seen as the heroine saving the election. I could be wrong.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

I wonder if Kamala Harris was selected now so that she'll take all the attacks and scrutiny to be replaced just before the election by Michelle Obama. This is so Obama doesn't have to debate or take any shots from political opponents, and is seen as the heroine saving the election. I could be wrong.
                        This article makes me think my suspicious may be a little closer to reality than I originally thought. Why have Michelle Obama speak on behalf of Biden as a character witness instead of Pres. Obama what actually worked closely with Biden and is more of an authority on Biden? Well, having Michelle Obama speak positions her in front of the public for something, anything. Perhaps a cabinet-level position, or maybe to take over as the VP running mate when Kamala Harris peters out before the election

Michelle Obama to highlight Biden’s character in DNC speech
                        WASHINGTON (AP) — At the 2016 Democratic National Convention, former first lady Michelle Obama told party members that "when they go low, we go high.”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          I think your video is spot on, Ford. Biden picking Harris is being perceived as identity politics by the black community, and that Harris won't be able to mask Biden's record in the eyes of the black community.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think your video is spot on, Ford. Biden picking Harris is being perceived as identity politics by the black community, and that Harris won't be able to mask Biden's record in the eyes of the black community.
                            What is his "record"? Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. Certainly expodentially more popular than Ford's horse Bernie. And the whole "identity politics" statement is a tad double standard, don't you think? Would you be here saying Mike Pence was identity politics for white males? He was a desperate reach to appeal to evangelicals yet not to have someone with any charisma or balls to challenge Trump? Every ticket tries to have some sort of balance and appeal...

Biden chose someone who called him out in the debates and he sparred with. Do you think Trump would ever even consider that?

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmonkey

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              What is his "record"? Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. Certainly expodentially more popular than Ford's horse Bernie. And the whole "identity politics" statement is a tad double standard, don't you think? Would you be here saying Mike Pence was identity politics for white males? He was a desperate reach to appeal to evangelicals yet not to have someone with any charisma or balls to challenge Trump? Every ticket tries to have some sort of balance and appeal...

Biden chose someone who called him out in the debates and he sparred with. Do you think Trump would ever even consider that?

My post had nothing to do with Sen. Sanders or Pres. Trump. I was pointing out the black community perception of Joe Biden is not favorable. And I disagree, Biden has not been traditionally popular with African-Americans. They have long memories when it comes to his 1994 crime bill which was seen as mass incarceration and imprisonment of blacks, bigoted statements telling them if you don't support him you're not black, opposing school bus desegregation, eulogizing Sen. Strom Thurmond who rose to prominence as a segregationist, his provision in the 1986 crack law viewed as racially slanted against blacks, not supporting Anita Hill while powerful white men questioned her character, and made a racist comment about Barack Obama before he became Obama's running mate, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden has a lot of work to do to clean up his image in the black community before the November election. I believe selecting Kamala Harris was his attempt to do this and look better to blacks. The following posts are articles to support my statement.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

Joe Biden's dicey past on racial issues could come back to bite him in the 2020 Democratic primaries

“Biden drafted the infamous 1994 crime bill, signed into law by former President Bill Clinton, that many have cited as one of the driving factors behind mass incarceration and the disproportionate imprisonment of people of color.”

“Biden for the most part, however, has typically refused to apologize for the 1994 crime bill, and in a 2016 interview contended it "restored American cities."

“Sokol said Biden's role in crafting the 1994 crime bill will be more likely to hurt him with voters than his opposition to busing in the 1970s.”

Comment

Working...