Can this country survive another 4 years of the Orange Imbecile?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkmonkey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Joe Biden questions my blackness one moment, defends racist 1994 crime bill the next
    These are not gaffes. Democrats like Joe Biden are running scared because the Trump administration has been good for African Americans.

“Much attention has been rightfully devoted to bigoted comments former Vice President Joe Biden made during his Friday interview with “The Breakfast Club” when he had the audacity to say "Well I tell you what, If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Comment

• Funkmonkey
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

The burden of a 40-year career: Some of Joe Biden’s record doesn’t age well

“Biden opposed school busing for desegregation in the 1970s.”
      “He eulogized Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-S.C.), who rose to prominence as a segregationist.”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

How Trump — not Biden — has helped make black lives better
        I celebrated this New Year’s Eve in Ghana, Africa. I’d grown up poor with a mom addicted to drugs but started this decade far from the South Side of Chicago and amongst some of the most “elite” bla…

“The black vote will be the swing vote this year. And right now, it’s looking like it’s Joe Biden’s for the taking. This is despite Biden’s history, which is riddled with policies that have historically and devastatingly disenfranchised African Americans.”
        “For example, the 1994 crime law, which Biden helped author when he was a senator, incentivized local police departments to lock up as many black people as possible, creating mass incarceration of African Americans, along with more prison cells and more aggressive policing.”
        “In addition, Biden was responsible for a provision in the 1986 crack law which came to be viewed as one of the most racially slanted sentencing policies on record: a rule that treated crack cocaine as significantly worse than powder cocaine and ended up disproportionately punishing African Americans and sending them to prison but sparing white Americans who typically used cocaine.”
        “Biden has used numerous times, including the notion that if you don’t vote for him, “you ain’t black.”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

The Long List of Joe Biden’s Terrible Record

“Joe Biden’s 1994 Crime Bill …it passed, and ended up particularly targeting black Americans being incarcerated at a much higher rate.”
          “Joe Biden on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas …This has become an issue for both women and black people, with Hill’s name bringing up memories of a black woman who struggled with attacks by a dozen powerful white men who asked aggressive questions and questioned her character, while Biden did not do much to stop it”
          “Joe Biden on Desegregated School Busing …Joe Biden’s letters revealed how he sought support of segregationists in the fight against desegregated busing.”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

The 10 Worst Things Joe Biden Has Done in His Political Career

“He gave Obama a classic racist backhand compliment

Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Biden went on The Daily Show and apologized for using the word “clean,” saying he should have opted for the word “fresh.” He did not address the “articulate” part of his statement, which is a classic racist backhanded compliment that typically conveys a sense of surprise that a black person can speak clearly and with gravitas.”

“Eulogized one of America’s most famed racists. Perhaps there is no better summation of Joe Biden’s Senate career than the fact that America’s most famed 20th century congressional racist asked him to speak at his funeral.

“Opposed school integration in the 1970s. ‘Forced busing’ was a phrase that Thurmond leaned on heavily to oppose integrating schools, and when Biden embraced Thurmond’s politics on this issue, he also embraced his rhetoric”.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
              The 10 Worst Things Joe Biden Has Done in His Political Career
              https://www.pastemagazine.com/politi...and-compliment
              You do know he is running against Donald Trump?

Those 10 would be a good week.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                How Trump — not Biden — has helped make black lives better
                I celebrated this New Year’s Eve in Ghana, Africa. I’d grown up poor with a mom addicted to drugs but started this decade far from the South Side of Chicago and amongst some of the most “elite” bla…

“The black vote will be the swing vote this year. And right now, it’s looking like it’s Joe Biden’s for the taking. This is despite Biden’s history, which is riddled with policies that have historically and devastatingly disenfranchised African Americans.”
                “For example, the 1994 crime law, which Biden helped author when he was a senator, incentivized local police departments to lock up as many black people as possible, creating mass incarceration of African Americans, along with more prison cells and more aggressive policing.”
                “In addition, Biden was responsible for a provision in the 1986 crack law which came to be viewed as one of the most racially slanted sentencing policies on record: a rule that treated crack cocaine as significantly worse than powder cocaine and ended up disproportionately punishing African Americans and sending them to prison but sparing white Americans who typically used cocaine.”
                “Biden has used numerous times, including the notion that if you don’t vote for him, “you ain’t black.”
                Complete fucking nonsense post from a rag. How has Trump made black lives better? By allowing them to die in the COVID 19 Pandemic at much higher rates? By reacting to the pandemic like a complete fucktard starting early with the media hoax shit? By destroying healthcare access and defunding the welfare state for the poor while benefiting the top 1%?

Oh Trump had a good economy going? The one he inherited from Obama-Biden? Kay...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Its so fucking dumb that your favorite bedroom journalists, Fox News, Trump and Russian TV are all putting out the same message.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      You do know he is running against Donald Trump?

Those 10 would be a good week.

Yes, I fully realize who's in the election. My recent posts were only to answer Nickdfresh's question about what record Vice President Biden had when it came to the black community and what their perception of him is. My position is Biden has not been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans as Nickdfresh maintains, and I cited references to support my claim.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Complete fucking nonsense post from a rag. How has Trump made black lives better? By allowing them to die in the COVID 19 Pandemic at much higher rates? By reacting to the pandemic like a complete fucktard starting early with the media hoax shit? By destroying healthcare access and defunding the welfare state for the poor while benefiting the top 1%?

Oh Trump had a good economy going? The one he inherited from Obama-Biden? Kay...
                        I wasn't talking about President Trump. I was rebutting your claim that Vice President Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. In fact, Biden has a lot of work ahead of him to improve his image with the black community before the election.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He has 92% of the black vote as of the end of June, the ones who vote. How much more popular should he be...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            What is his "record"? Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. Certainly expodentially more popular than Ford's horse Bernie. And the whole "identity politics" statement is a tad double standard, don't you think? Would you be here saying Mike Pence was identity politics for white males? He was a desperate reach to appeal to evangelicals yet not to have someone with any charisma or balls to challenge Trump? Every ticket tries to have some sort of balance and appeal...

Biden chose someone who called him out in the debates and he sparred with. Do you think Trump would ever even consider that?
                            I think the Democratic party has been traditionally popular with black Americans... Biden's just been rotting in the bottom of that popular barrel for 40+ years.

Also didn't feel Pence was much of a weighting factor in 2016 to shift the interest Trump brought on his own. Definitely nowhere near what's riding on Harris to prop up Biden's appeal...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think Pence is very popular among closeted homosexual evangelical racists with mommy issues.

It's a bigger demographic than you might think...

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                I think the Democratic party has been traditionally popular with black Americans... Biden's just been rotting in the bottom of that popular barrel for 40+ years.

Also didn't feel Pence was much of a weighting factor in 2016 to shift the interest Trump brought on his own. Definitely nowhere near what's riding on Harris to prop up Biden's appeal...
                                I see what you're saying; Biden has been a member of a party that has been traditionally popular with black Americans, but not personally popular with them himself. It appeared to me Pence's contribution to the Trump campaign in 2016 was simply the ability to be consistently loyal and also stay the hell out of the way of his running mate. Harris has a lot of work cut out for her to improve Biden's image, but will also have a few personal credibility challenges to overcome as well. It wasn't long ago that she was labeled and known as an Indian-American ( https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/o...-american.html ), but now she is being called black. So if she is being marketed in this election as black, she will have to convince the black community she is part of their society to gain acceptance. And she has only two months to accomplish this, though. However, she will be a political god among gods if she can pull that off.

Comment

Working...