Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can this country survive another 4 years of the Orange Imbecile?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmonkey View Post
    I wonder if Kamala Harris was selected now so that she'll take all the attacks and scrutiny to be replaced just before the election by Michelle Obama. This is so Obama doesn't have to debate or take any shots from political opponents, and is seen as the heroine saving the election. I could be wrong.
    This article makes me think my suspicious may be a little closer to reality than I originally thought. Why have Michelle Obama speak on behalf of Biden as a character witness instead of Pres. Obama what actually worked closely with Biden and is more of an authority on Biden? Well, having Michelle Obama speak positions her in front of the public for something, anything. Perhaps a cabinet-level position, or maybe to take over as the VP running mate when Kamala Harris peters out before the election

Michelle Obama to highlight Biden’s character in DNC speech
    https://apnews.com/105dedebd16d3fd28e9c23e85ed479bc
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I think your video is spot on, Ford. Biden picking Harris is being perceived as identity politics by the black community, and that Harris won't be able to mask Biden's record in the eyes of the black community.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I think your video is spot on, Ford. Biden picking Harris is being perceived as identity politics by the black community, and that Harris won't be able to mask Biden's record in the eyes of the black community.
    What is his "record"? Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. Certainly expodentially more popular than Ford's horse Bernie. And the whole "identity politics" statement is a tad double standard, don't you think? Would you be here saying Mike Pence was identity politics for white males? He was a desperate reach to appeal to evangelicals yet not to have someone with any charisma or balls to challenge Trump? Every ticket tries to have some sort of balance and appeal...

Biden chose someone who called him out in the debates and he sparred with. Do you think Trump would ever even consider that?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    What is his "record"? Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. Certainly expodentially more popular than Ford's horse Bernie. And the whole "identity politics" statement is a tad double standard, don't you think? Would you be here saying Mike Pence was identity politics for white males? He was a desperate reach to appeal to evangelicals yet not to have someone with any charisma or balls to challenge Trump? Every ticket tries to have some sort of balance and appeal...

Biden chose someone who called him out in the debates and he sparred with. Do you think Trump would ever even consider that?

My post had nothing to do with Sen. Sanders or Pres. Trump. I was pointing out the black community perception of Joe Biden is not favorable. And I disagree, Biden has not been traditionally popular with African-Americans. They have long memories when it comes to his 1994 crime bill which was seen as mass incarceration and imprisonment of blacks, bigoted statements telling them if you don't support him you're not black, opposing school bus desegregation, eulogizing Sen. Strom Thurmond who rose to prominence as a segregationist, his provision in the 1986 crack law viewed as racially slanted against blacks, not supporting Anita Hill while powerful white men questioned her character, and made a racist comment about Barack Obama before he became Obama's running mate, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden has a lot of work to do to clean up his image in the black community before the November election. I believe selecting Kamala Harris was his attempt to do this and look better to blacks. The following posts are articles to support my statement.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Joe Biden's dicey past on racial issues could come back to bite him in the 2020 Democratic primaries
    https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...id-2019-2?op=1

“Biden drafted the infamous 1994 crime bill, signed into law by former President Bill Clinton, that many have cited as one of the driving factors behind mass incarceration and the disproportionate imprisonment of people of color.”

“Biden for the most part, however, has typically refused to apologize for the 1994 crime bill, and in a 2016 interview contended it "restored American cities."

“Sokol said Biden's role in crafting the 1994 crime bill will be more likely to hurt him with voters than his opposition to busing in the 1970s.”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Joe Biden questions my blackness one moment, defends racist 1994 crime bill the next
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5254434002/

“Much attention has been rightfully devoted to bigoted comments former Vice President Joe Biden made during his Friday interview with “The Breakfast Club” when he had the audacity to say "Well I tell you what, If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The burden of a 40-year career: Some of Joe Biden’s record doesn’t age well
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...318-story.html
    “Biden opposed school busing for desegregation in the 1970s.”
    “He eulogized Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-S.C.), who rose to prominence as a segregationist.”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How Trump — not Biden — has helped make black lives better
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/trump-...-lives-better/

“The black vote will be the swing vote this year. And right now, it’s looking like it’s Joe Biden’s for the taking. This is despite Biden’s history, which is riddled with policies that have historically and devastatingly disenfranchised African Americans.”
    “For example, the 1994 crime law, which Biden helped author when he was a senator, incentivized local police departments to lock up as many black people as possible, creating mass incarceration of African Americans, along with more prison cells and more aggressive policing.”
    “In addition, Biden was responsible for a provision in the 1986 crack law which came to be viewed as one of the most racially slanted sentencing policies on record: a rule that treated crack cocaine as significantly worse than powder cocaine and ended up disproportionately punishing African Americans and sending them to prison but sparing white Americans who typically used cocaine.”
    “Biden has used numerous times, including the notion that if you don’t vote for him, “you ain’t black.”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Long List of Joe Biden’s Terrible Record
    https://activatenow.us/the-long-list...rrible-record/

“Joe Biden’s 1994 Crime Bill …it passed, and ended up particularly targeting black Americans being incarcerated at a much higher rate.”
    “Joe Biden on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas …This has become an issue for both women and black people, with Hill’s name bringing up memories of a black woman who struggled with attacks by a dozen powerful white men who asked aggressive questions and questioned her character, while Biden did not do much to stop it”
    “Joe Biden on Desegregated School Busing …Joe Biden’s letters revealed how he sought support of segregationists in the fight against desegregated busing.”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The 10 Worst Things Joe Biden Has Done in His Political Career
    https://www.pastemagazine.com/politi...and-compliment
    “He gave Obama a classic racist backhand compliment

Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Biden went on The Daily Show and apologized for using the word “clean,” saying he should have opted for the word “fresh.” He did not address the “articulate” part of his statement, which is a classic racist backhanded compliment that typically conveys a sense of surprise that a black person can speak clearly and with gravitas.”

“Eulogized one of America’s most famed racists. Perhaps there is no better summation of Joe Biden’s Senate career than the fact that America’s most famed 20th century congressional racist asked him to speak at his funeral.

“Opposed school integration in the 1970s. ‘Forced busing’ was a phrase that Thurmond leaned on heavily to oppose integrating schools, and when Biden embraced Thurmond’s politics on this issue, he also embraced his rhetoric”.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

The 10 Worst Things Joe Biden Has Done in His Political Career
    https://www.pastemagazine.com/politi...and-compliment
    You do know he is running against Donald Trump?

Those 10 would be a good week.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How Trump — not Biden — has helped make black lives better
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/trump-...-lives-better/

“The black vote will be the swing vote this year. And right now, it’s looking like it’s Joe Biden’s for the taking. This is despite Biden’s history, which is riddled with policies that have historically and devastatingly disenfranchised African Americans.”
    “For example, the 1994 crime law, which Biden helped author when he was a senator, incentivized local police departments to lock up as many black people as possible, creating mass incarceration of African Americans, along with more prison cells and more aggressive policing.”
    “In addition, Biden was responsible for a provision in the 1986 crack law which came to be viewed as one of the most racially slanted sentencing policies on record: a rule that treated crack cocaine as significantly worse than powder cocaine and ended up disproportionately punishing African Americans and sending them to prison but sparing white Americans who typically used cocaine.”
    “Biden has used numerous times, including the notion that if you don’t vote for him, “you ain’t black.”
    Complete fucking nonsense post from a rag. How has Trump made black lives better? By allowing them to die in the COVID 19 Pandemic at much higher rates? By reacting to the pandemic like a complete fucktard starting early with the media hoax shit? By destroying healthcare access and defunding the welfare state for the poor while benefiting the top 1%?

Oh Trump had a good economy going? The one he inherited from Obama-Biden? Kay...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Its so fucking dumb that your favorite bedroom journalists, Fox News, Trump and Russian TV are all putting out the same message.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You do know he is running against Donald Trump?

Those 10 would be a good week.

Yes, I fully realize who's in the election. My recent posts were only to answer Nickdfresh's question about what record Vice President Biden had when it came to the black community and what their perception of him is. My position is Biden has not been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans as Nickdfresh maintains, and I cited references to support my claim.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Complete fucking nonsense post from a rag. How has Trump made black lives better? By allowing them to die in the COVID 19 Pandemic at much higher rates? By reacting to the pandemic like a complete fucktard starting early with the media hoax shit? By destroying healthcare access and defunding the welfare state for the poor while benefiting the top 1%?

Oh Trump had a good economy going? The one he inherited from Obama-Biden? Kay...
    I wasn't talking about President Trump. I was rebutting your claim that Vice President Biden has been traditionally popular with the majority of Afro-Americans. In fact, Biden has a lot of work ahead of him to improve his image with the black community before the election.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He has 92% of the black vote as of the end of June, the ones who vote. How much more popular should he be...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries

I think the Democratic party has been traditionally popular with black Americans... Biden's just been rotting in the bottom of that popular barrel for 40+ years.

Also didn't feel Pence was much of a weighting factor in 2016 to shift the interest Trump brought on his own. Definitely nowhere near what's riding on Harris to prop up Biden's appeal...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Pence is very popular among closeted homosexual evangelical racists with mommy issues.

It's a bigger demographic than you might think...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I think the Democratic party has been traditionally popular with black Americans... Biden's just been rotting in the bottom of that popular barrel for 40+ years.

Also didn't feel Pence was much of a weighting factor in 2016 to shift the interest Trump brought on his own. Definitely nowhere near what's riding on Harris to prop up Biden's appeal...
    I see what you're saying; Biden has been a member of a party that has been traditionally popular with black Americans, but not personally popular with them himself. It appeared to me Pence's contribution to the Trump campaign in 2016 was simply the ability to be consistently loyal and also stay the hell out of the way of his running mate. Harris has a lot of work cut out for her to improve Biden's image, but will also have a few personal credibility challenges to overcome as well. It wasn't long ago that she was labeled and known as an Indian-American ( https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/o...-american.html ), but now she is being called black. So if she is being marketed in this election as black, she will have to convince the black community she is part of their society to gain acceptance. And she has only two months to accomplish this, though. However, she will be a political god among gods if she can pull that off.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries

Lyndon Johnson said he could keep the blacks voting Democrat for the next 30 years by using the welfare system. He was correct but today more blacks are educated and more own their own businesses and the world has changed. In many ways both parties are dinosaurs full of lifetime politicians and lots of corruption. Currently there is a populist movement going on and what's fueling it is the people who don't work for the government and the people who didn't benefit from having industry outsourced. The Democrat Party's bread and butter for years was unions and government employees. But with the outsourcing unions aren't what they used to be. So what's left is government employees and people who want socialism. So the Democrat Party has moved left. Too far left for people who own their own businesses or are more independently minded so the Republican Party has been the go to place out of default because there is no other place to go.

in the past there really wasn't that much difference in the Republican or Democrat Parties. You had religious people in both. Both seemed to view our constitution as essential. How they sold themselves differed. You did get more social welfare from the Democrats and that became a bigger part of their agenda but now they have migrated really far left to where a lot of people who called themselves Democrats no longer relate to what they are. If you shift too far one way or the other you lose the middle.

People usually don't vote for a candidate. They vote against a candidate. Trump won by default.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-19-2020 at 02:37 PM.

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Funkmonkey (08-19-2020)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Lyndon Johnson said he could keep the blacks voting Democrat for the next 30 years by using the welfare system. He was correct but today more blacks are educated and more own their own businesses and the world has changed. In many ways both parties are dinosaurs full of lifetime politicians and lots of corruption. Currently there is a populist movement going on and what's fueling it is the people who don't work for the government and the people who didn't benefit from having industry outsourced. The Democrat Party's bread and butter for years was unions and government employees. But with the outsourcing unions aren't what they used to be. So what's left is government employees and people who want socialism. So the Democrat Party has moved left. Too far left for people who own their own businesses or are more independently minded so the Republican Party has been the go to place out of default because there is no other place to go.

in the past there really wasn't that much difference in the Republican or Democrat Parties. You had religious people in both. Both seemed to view our constitution as essential. How they sold themselves differed. You did get more social welfare from the Democrats and that became a bigger part of their agenda but now they have migrated really far left to where a lot of people who called themselves Democrats no longer relate to what they are. If you shift too far one way or the other you lose the middle.

People usually don't vote for a candidate. They vote against a candidate. Trump won by default.
    LBJ was absolutely right. In fact, his plan lasted a few more decades later and capitalizes on human desire to receive something for free.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seems to me the Democrats are following the Republicans to the right. Where they are at the moment they would be conservatives in most other western countries. The conservative government in Germany just announced a 2 year furlough today, they have a good medical system and they are doing a hell of a lot better than the US and the UK in this crisis.

Also what's with your 'the blacks' way of talking - you sound like a white South African from the 1980s...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Seems to me the Democrats are following the Republicans to the right. Where they are at the moment they would be conservatives in most other western countries. The conservative government in Germany just announced a 2 year furlough today, they have a good medical system and they are doing a hell of a lot better than the US and the UK in this crisis.

Also what's with your 'the blacks' way of talking - you sound like a white South African from the 1980s...
    Ha! Ha! If you think New York, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and LA are more conservative now you are confused. Ah nice attempted racist slag on me but what else do you call a group of people who seem to prefer being called black? Black Lives Matter? Naw if I was a racist I would have used the N word.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have to agree with this. i have watched both nights of this convention so far, and Bernie Sanders is the ONLY speaker who has talked about fucking policies and the direction this country should go. AOC made general mention of the direction, but they only gave her 60 seconds, so she didn't have time for details.

Other than that, it's been a whole lot of bullshit about how Joe's a nice guy with personal empathy. That may be true, but it damn sure isn't reflected in his actual track record as Senator & VP.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Prop up Biden's appeal" from what? Being up 10 points or more in just about every poll? The Democratic Party only became popular with blacks when the Republicans adopted the Dixiecrats positions of nuanced racial hegemony...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-19-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Pence is very popular among closeted homosexual evangelical racists with mommy issues.

It's a bigger demographic than you might think...
    IDK if he's really a closet homo or not, but he definitely had the safe, pasty-white mid-Western white guy appeal that Trump was pandering too...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lyndon Johnson said he could keep the blacks voting Democrat for the next 30 years by using the welfare system....
    When did he say that?

It just sounds like a racist trope, especially since LBJ, for all his failings, was fighting poverty everywhere including white Appalachia, not for welfare...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LBJ was absolutely right. In fact, his plan lasted a few more decades later and capitalizes on human desire to receive something for free.
    You're getting a bit fucking borderline with the white racist stereotypes...this is a website dedicated to a Jewish singer who was black that was trapped in the whiteman's body, not fucking alti-right Stormfront world...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ha! Ha! If you think New York, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and LA are more conservative now you are confused. Ah nice attempted racist slag on me but what else do you call a group of people who seem to prefer being called black? Black Lives Matter? Naw if I was a racist I would have used the N word.
    These are cookie cutter districts neatly sliced delicately around the gerrymandered inner cities vs. the suburbs and deprived of the tax bases they inflate with their proximity to trade and infrastructure. Most of the whites I know and hang out with in the city are moderate leftists and earn pretty good chunks of change. But compare the funding of an urban Chicago school compared to its suburban counterpart, and that's where the racism begins. But in any case, at least the those blacks cookie-cuttered into marginalized voting districts are smart enough to vote for their self interests, unlike their working class white counterparts in the 'burbs. It's the reason why the Republican party is transitioning to the party of opposition, because whites in the suburbs are increasingly fleeing it and becoming Democrats, it's the reason as Sesh and Ford say that the Democrats are more or less center-left-to-center-right and the Republicans are uneducated blue collar fucktards voting for the interests of the top-1% plutocratic interests. But it is changing, that's why Trump fears mail in voting and they undertake massive voter suppression efforts that are becoming more and more unsuccessful, because the Republican Party only represents the interests of a very small subset of rich whites...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-19-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

IDK if he's really a closet homo or not, but he definitely had the safe, pasty-white mid-Western white guy appeal that Trump was pandering too...
    I should add also a servile bootlicking pussy that will never challange his fat, orange overlord, which is why he was hired...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

IDK if he's really a closet homo or not...

Only Dr. Quest knows for sure.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You're getting a bit fucking borderline with the white racist stereotypes...this is a website dedicated to a Jewish singer who was black that was trapped in the whiteman's body, not fucking alti-right Stormfront world...
    Nope. I was talking about LBJ.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Only Dr. Quest knows for sure.
    Oooh, you can just sense the love between those two men. grr grr Oh, do behave!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have to agree with this. i have watched both nights of this convention so far, and Bernie Sanders is the ONLY speaker who has talked about fucking policies and the direction this country should go.

He also said you really really need to vote for Biden or you are fucked.

37. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (08-19-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, Bernie's always been more of an optimist than I am. I can't share his faith that Biden has any intention of enacting the policies that Bernie and I believe in.

I'm not voting for the Greens this time though.... Don't even know who they have running... some guy named Howie? (no, not Dean. Or Stern)

But then there's always.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, Bernie's always been more of an optimist than I am. I can't share his faith that Biden has any intention of enacting the policies that Bernie and I believe in.

I'm not voting for the Greens this time though.... Don't even know who they have running... some guy named Howie? (no, not Dean. Or Stern)

But then there's always.....

So you'd rather have fascist policies you pretend to not believe in?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

To be fair they are the correct old white man demographic and the fact that Patrick Stewart is English wouldn't cause any birther queries because he is white.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nope. I was talking about LBJ.
    I am far from LBJ (Look at my Big Johnson)'s fan, but I don't think that was his actual plan. To say he was cynically giving welfare checks away is pretty simplistic and it goes a lot deeper issues like fighting the Cold War...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-20-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

To be fair they are the correct old white man demographic and the fact that Patrick Stewart is English wouldn't cause any birther queries because he is white.
    But he was playing a FRENCHIE!!!!!

Thread Information