• Jan 2004

Dave's Artwork

Thoughts on his renderings?

Where's Waldo..?

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

I find it interesting, apart from the fact he's the author. It's weird as fuck, and funny, and I like it a lot.
    He could easily become a painter - but that wouldn't be enough for him, he couldn't spend most of his time sitting still.
    Maybe he should have added the comment with his own handwriting instead of that flat font.

As a painting reflects the painter's inner universe, you can wonder what Dave is on these days. No, just kidding. It's great stuff to me, and that's it.

Well done, Mr Roth!
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm curious as to the medium of the original. The text added is digital but what was the drawing created on/with..?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

The background was painted on canvas I think, and the foreground characters seem to have been drawn on paper or something, then stuck on the canvas. Just IMHO.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Dave says, "Wash Hands. Avoid skin conditions."

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

I like his latest art dabbles. I'd put one up on the wall.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Haven't connected the dots with his fascination of drawing frog characters...

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Haven't connected the dots with his fascination of drawing frog characters...

Maybe El Roth digs on some Disney.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Thoughts on his renderings?

Where's Waldo..?

Dave read Genesis and watched Pink Floyd's The Wall smoked a blunt and started painting.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Dave read Genesis and watched Pink Floyd's The Wall smoked a blunt and started painting.
                    ...and loaded up on Disney movies.

Comment

• bluemustard
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2006

Dave's art

real sweet. amazing work.

Singer David Lee Roth, longtime frontman for the group Van Halen, is now making a name for himself as an artist and social commentator trained in sumi-e, the...

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard
                        Watched that when it aired. I think it's really cool work. My wife made fun of the face that he looks kinda, shaggy...but I told her to give it a break. I'm pretty shaggy these days...locked up in our house with no social life. I've had three different mustaches from pure boredom (and I NEVER grow mustaches).
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          I'm pretty shaggy these days...locked up in our house with no social life. I've had three different mustaches from pure boredom (and I NEVER grow mustaches).
                          LMFAO that's one thing I've never ventured to let grow. Even bored to death.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            LMFAO that's one thing I've never ventured to let grow. Even bored to death.
                            LOL. Trust me. It doesn't exactly make the wife happy.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

I wouldn't like this to turn into a hair thread, but what style did you experiment? Tom Selleck/Magnum? D'Artagnan?

Comment

Working...