Is Ry Cooder the best slide player ever?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Ry Cooder was on the album version of "Love In Vain", but he didn't play the slide guitar, that was Keef.
    Brian Jones, you artard.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Brian Jones didn't play a single guitar chord (slide or otherwise) on the Let It Bleed album. He made only two appearances on the record at all, playing congas on "Midnight Rambler" & autoharp on "You Got The Silver". He was nowhere near the studio when they recorded "Love In Vain".
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Mick Taylor is a great slide player too.
        I saw him on stage once in 1999 , and he played a lot of slide (with a plexi bottleneck).
        But what a dull guy, really... I could go backstage in the end, he didn't say a single word. Fortunately his sidemen could speak.
        Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-28-2020, 05:25 PM.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

I dig on some Derek Trucks.

Comment

Working...