X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Tell me about it. I got a one month "timeout" in some stupid thing they called the "Rothtard barn" over there. That was in September 2007. I'm still locked out. Somebody apparently needs a new calendar.

Don't even remember what the fuck that was all about. Considering that's about the time Van Halen started their first tour in 23 years, I must have been in a good mood. I think Olo took all my jokes about Enumclaw a little too seriously or something.

Oh well.....
    I remember there was once some argument, and some sheep was throwing shit at you about something, and you finally reacted to him...and then Norton jumped in and started shouting at you. Then things seemed to tide down, and you started a new conversation mid-thread saying, basically, fuck it, follow my lyrics (to ease the tension)...you posted, "Well my baby's on the corner and she's looking so fine" (I think that was the lyric you started), but within a few posts, cunt Norton immediately jumped on you again for the old fight or something.

I never could understand that fucking guy. He kept acting as if people getting mad at each other meant that he had to jump in and start banning and deleting, deleting and banning. It was insane power trip shit. He actually followed me over here when I was bitching about what happened over there, and he actually tried to call me out OVER HERE for the way I acted back there, angry that I dared complain about him AT ANOTHER FORUM!! And I don't think I even had to say something. It was pointed out to him very quickly that he had no power to ban people or try and intimidate them over here. I laughed at him.

I just never understood the desire to control the conversations or act as if people will worship him because he owns a website. I would have been banned probably 10,000 times over at the Links for even half the shit I've said and done here. The only time I've ever been threatened with banning was when Mezro tried to set me up as the "wicker man" in 2005. A certain friend of mine told me later that Mezro totally intended to ban me on the proposed date and had a countdown. But a ton of friends here stood up to him on my behalf. It was awesome. Mezro then tried to make it look like he was actually planning on honoring me the whole time and at the last minute came up with the Sheep Pen Forum. I ran that for a long time before it went back to a thread in Non...and Mezro...Mezro...where is Mezro?

Banning is pathetic. Anyone who runs a conversation forum on almost any topic and runs around banning people when he doesn't agree with them or if they dare disagree with a lot of people or call others out on their bullshit is, in essence, demonstrating what kind of politician they would be. You know, the kind that wants to arrest people for speaking their mind...or lock up their enemies...
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

To paraphrase the great Hitch1969.

Brett is a BIG WET STINKY PUSSY!

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by nick500
        I agree about Dave. He has really shown a lot class and respect unlike Sammy. A few long time posters and Dave fans on VH links pointed out the same thing about Sammy trying to get attention and what happened? Boom they were banned for life. It's become a Hagar love fest over there.
        Fake news™... There was a time at VHlinks that bannings and Hagar love fests were a thing. Long time ago... it's a fairly balanced community and no one is heavy handed on the ban button over there. Actually they've had more heated exchanges among knuckleheads similar to this place, in it's prime, in the last year than we've had here in the last 5.

There's only 2 fan owned web sites/discussion boards dedicated to Diamond Dave and Van Halen left out of about 20+ over the last 2 decades that still exist on the internet. The days of site wars and rivalries are long gone... Let's appreciate what we have before it's all a blip in history...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Fake news™... There was a time at VHlinks that bannings and Hagar love fests were a thing. Long time ago... it's a fairly balanced community and no one is heavy handed on the ban button over there. Actually they've had more heated exchanges among knuckleheads similar to this place, in it's prime, in the last year than we've had here in the last 5.

There's only 2 fan owned web sites/discussion boards dedicated to Diamond Dave and Van Halen left out of about 20+ over the last 2 decades that still exist on the internet. The days of site wars and rivalries are long gone... Let's appreciate what we have before it's all a blip in history...
          I haven't been over there in years. If it's better, that's good to hear. There were some great posters I used to love chatting music with.

It is pretty sad that almost every place is gone. If I had logged on after Eddie died and realized that this place had been taken down...I would have been...very sad. Very sad indeed.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• nick500
            Groupie
            • Jul 2019

You're right, but I don't know what the story is over there, here's one fan who started a nice thread about Wolfgang over there:
            I want to thank Wolfgang in this stressful time, for everything he did. He got Dave and his dad to work together again. They produced a great album, a wild live album and gave us some great tours. A finally opportunity for everyone to see Ed play live again. None of it would have happened if it wasn't for Wolfgang. My mother passed away from lung cancer, so I understand the battle his father went through. I didn't play guitar for a year after that. I hope in Wolfgang's case he takes

I checked out the profile and they were there a long time.
            Took a shot at Sammy and ... gone! Yikes!

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              To paraphrase the great Hitch1969.

Brett is a BIG WET STINKY PUSSY!
              ...and end with...

==BREASTS! ==

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by nick500
                You're right, but I don't know what the story is over there, here's one fan who started a nice thread about Wolfgang over there:
                I want to thank Wolfgang in this stressful time, for everything he did. He got Dave and his dad to work together again. They produced a great album, a wild live album and gave us some great tours. A finally opportunity for everyone to see Ed play live again. None of it would have happened if it wasn't for Wolfgang. My mother passed away from lung cancer, so I understand the battle his father went through. I didn't play guitar for a year after that. I hope in Wolfgang's case he takes

I checked out the profile and they were there a long time.
                Took a shot at Sammy and ... gone! Yikes!
                I don't know the story about that user... odds are there were other posts that got em banned that were removed. You've got to really push it to get banned over there these days. The community self-polices itself well for the most part...

Now... back in the Eat em And Smile (EEAS), DDLR.com eras and the mighty rise of the Sheep Pen™ in the early to mid 00's there was a stout rivalry between the sites. There were legendary battles and shenanigans afoot frequently... I am thankful that none of the nimrods are suiting up in their strategic spandex to go wage war any more... that would be a gawd-damned embarrassment for anyone to see today...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

I wonder how many genders there are at the VH Links now?
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don't know the story about that user... odds are there were other posts that got em banned that were removed. You've got to really push it to get banned over there these days. The community self-polices itself well for the most part...

Now... back in the Eat em And Smile (EEAS), DDLR.com eras and the mighty rise of the Sheep Pen™ in the early to mid 00's there was a stout rivalry between the sites. There were legendary battles and shenanigans afoot frequently... I am thankful that none of the nimrods are suiting up in their strategic spandex to go wage war any more... that would be a gawd-damned embarrassment for anyone to see today...
                    Well Zah, you couldn't be more wrong. I hadn't been there in as long as I hadn't been here. I went to see what they were saying about Ed passing, and I saw a post about that piece of shit Clichegar making Ed's death about himself, with the timing of his note to Stern. I quoted it and added my 2 cents. Quite eloquently, I might add. Didn't say anything about Dave. Didn't say anything about either of these two sites. Simply stated that I agreed, and it was classless for Clichegar to make Ed's death about himself a mere day after. Brett went off the fucking deep end on me. Said some really ignorant shit, like the BIG WET STINKY PUSSY he is. Said if I said one more thing, he'd ban me for life, or some idiotic bullshit like that. Well, you know me. I told him I haven't been there in years, and don't really give a fuck if he bans me. I assume he did. I logged out and haven't tried to go back since.

It's pretty sad when Brett's pussy is so raw over Clichegar never getting his job back, and the last performance with VH being a DISASTER with nearly getting a guitar broken over his head! That's the most memorable fucking thing about Clichegar's time in that band. That history can never be changed now.

I stand by whatever I posted to send Bertt over the edge. Clichegar is a fucking piece of shit scumbag for going on all these shows and making Ed's death about him. CLASSLESS! I'd say the same thing about Dave if he had been doing that shit the day after Ed died. Fortunately, Dave has class.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well hell, I suppose I missed the hoopla. Ahh crap... I was wrong. I hate it when that happens... like this is only the 6th time ever!! LOL

I can assume you and Brett won't be sending each other Christmas cards...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I can assume you and Brett won't be sending each other Christmas cards...
                        I'll send him one of those ones that plays a song when you open it. It will be Clichegar screeching "When It's Love", or "Why Can't This Be Love?", or one of the other shitty love songs he penned. Bertt will jizz himself on the spot.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

EveryoneLovesGuitar
                          5.53K subscribers
                          On this Eddie Van Halen Tribute, 16 top guitarists pay homage by sharing EVH stories, memories and experiences. Timestamps are below if you want to see a particular player first:

00:00 Craig Garber Intro
                          02:27 Dave Amato, REO Speedwagon
                          08:58 Zach Blair, Rise Against
                          13:43 Doug Bossi
                          19:26 Phil Collen, Def Leppard
                          23:44 Mike Dawes
                          25:25 Daniel Donato
                          25:51 Rob Garland
                          32:37 Derry Grehan, Honeymoon Suite
                          38:33 Jeff Kollman, Cosmosquad
                          48:40 Aaron McLain, Air Supply
                          51:15 Steve Morse, Deep Purple / Dixie Dregs
                          55:29 Nick Perri, Underground Thieves
                          1:00:43 Doug Rappoport, Edgar Winter Group
                          1:05:36 Alex Skolnick
                          1:13:33 Steve Stevens, Billy Idol
                          1:18:03 Brian Young

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Well, you know me. I told him I haven't been there in years, and don't really give a fuck if he bans me. I assume he did. I logged out and haven't tried to go back since.
                            I just looked and you ded.

Funny thing is FORD has been reinstated and been given various VH Link boy scout badges.

It will all end in tears of course.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Well, I assume I've been banned. It was a long time ago. Plus, he probably reads over here that I call him a cunt.

You know, I would go over and check if I've been banned, but I couldn't give a proper fuck. I've come here, always, for almost two decades. I went today and read over there. I saw a thread about Ed's archives. And there were something like 20 idiots screaming their lungs out that the one thing they hope the most comes out from the archives is the Gary Cherone follow-up album to VHIII. I did you not. They were creaming for that. (Hey, I wouldn't mind that album...if they wipe that idiot's vocals off and Dave re-sings everything.) Hell, one of them said he'd be happy with just the four Hagar albums remastered. I kid you not.

I don't need to post there. I would die of boredom.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                I wonder how many genders there are at the VH Links now?
                                I'm pretty sure they like it as a sausage fest...

Comment

Working...