X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkmonkey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Ed's passing won't be good for Van Hagar's legacy.

As more young people decide to go through the VH catalog, they will see how inferior that era was to the original.

It depends on how many ballads they want to hear.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Thirteen years ago tonight...the first of three shows in a week. Two Toronto shows with Cleveland in the middle on DLR's birthday. And then the Montreal road trip less than a month later.

'Twas a good month...

Sirius today, out of As Is into Let's Get Rockin', and then one of the Hagar things, and switched back in time to pick up Me Wise Magic. I still say I can hear the anger/aggression in that solo.

BUT

This morning, first thing I heard was Josephina...ugh
      I was listening to that yesterday. Did they actually play the original LET'S GET ROCKIN'? Not OUTTA SPACE? Wow.

ME WISE MAGIC shows just how much anger and rage Eddie was dealing with in 1996...to kick out both of his lead singers and make a big ass of himself that year...you can hear all that in ME WISE MAGIC.

I hate to admit this, but I will anyway...JOSEPHINA, to me, is really the one thing I like from VHIII. I just like the chords. I don't really understand what the fucking idiot singing is going on about. But I like the music in it. It would, of course, have been a much better song if Dave had sung a slow blues over it.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I heard " Can't get this stuff no more" yesterday....really took on a new meaning

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          I heard " Can't get this stuff no more" yesterday....really took on a new meaning
          That song has sounded better and better to me every year the past 24 years...

24 years.

Jesus. Ed's dead.

I feel old.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            I was listening to that yesterday. Did they actually play the original LET'S GET ROCKIN'? Not OUTTA SPACE? Wow.

ME WISE MAGIC shows just how much anger and rage Eddie was dealing with in 1996...to kick out both of his lead singers and make a big ass of himself that year...you can hear all that in ME WISE MAGIC.

I hate to admit this, but I will anyway...JOSEPHINA, to me, is really the one thing I like from VHIII. I just like the chords. I don't really understand what the fucking idiot singing is going on about. But I like the music in it. It would, of course, have been a much better song if Dave had sung a slow blues over it.

Cherone is good rock vocalist. But he didn't have that larger than life personality everyone seemed to be looking for.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

An article with some Van Halen pictures in a timeline. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddi...ates-reaction/

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Well to be fair Ed and Van Halen were COVID before COVID was cool! The kings of self-isolation...
                Speaking if which can't you fucking mods finally take down that retarded "Time since last VH Studio release" and replace it with a remembrance banner of Eddie? It's sort of redundant to keep it going at this point.

Oh right, slave SESH is that retarded also.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Depending on what's collecting dust in the closet at 5150 studios, we might get a posthumous release of some material. It's a long shot, but possible.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

If anyone is wondering why they’re having such a hard time dealing with the death of EVH, like I am, I thought this was a pretty good explanation.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

No, it's due to the constant laziness that is slave SESH You see, slave SESH lives in the past and believes even with Eddie's death there is going to be a new Van Halen record and tour. slave SESH has no bearing to objective reality anymore. A remembrance of Eddie would be nice for all the fans grieving but you see, slave SESH is no fan. He is an oppressive, censoring, hypocrite pseudo-left individual who hates humanity

Comment

• SuchGoodPhotog
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jun 2020

this is tough, but ill be ok as long as no one suggests a reunion with satchel on guitar.
                        "Look, i'll pay you for it"

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                          No, it's due to the constant laziness that is slave SESH You see, slave SESH lives in the past and believes even with Eddie's death there is going to be a new Van Halen record and tour. slave SESH has no bearing to objective reality anymore. A remembrance of Eddie would be nice for all the fans grieving but you see, slave SESH is no fan. He is an oppressive, censoring, hypocrite pseudo-left individual who hates humanity
                          Kristy, I can see that in the years I’ve been away, you still haven’t gotten laid. Do you need me to make a trip to Colorado to help you out?

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Shut up, Von. You're no fan, either.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I see Kristy still hasn't gotten laid since I last read her bile here.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                                Depending on what's collecting dust in the closet at 5150 studios, we might get a posthumous release of some material. It's a long shot, but possible.
                                Irving Azoff confirmed today that they are already talking about looking in the 5150 vaults for possible material for a posthumous release. I thought it was kind of tasteless of that money-grubber to be already talking about posthumous releases with Ed still alive 72 hours ago...but yeah, if he's anything like Dhani Harrison, that's one way Wolfgang might deal with his grief. Of course, that just might be maddeningly difficult.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...