Thread: Eddie Van Halen RIP

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Could this turn tragic? You know that magic often does.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Cherone was the best VH vocalist.

God damn right he was. Eddie was smart to hire him.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

WARF (10-07-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Will the original Franky be buried with him?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

New punk VH tribute band: Deadie Van Halen

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    From Doug Hitchens aka hitch1996

Alright you buncha pussies. Get ready, because you won't like this.

Fuck you all.

Eddie Van Halen WAS Van Halen.
    Not David Lee Roth. Not Sammy Hagar. Not Michael Anthony. Not Alex, nor Wolfie.

Allow me to give some background. I was born in 1996, the year Gary Cherone was implemented into Van Halen. Naturally, I was not a part of the Van Halen fandom during any of the vocalists' "prime."

I am also the eldest son of Doug Hitchens, an avid fan, and previously active member of Van Halen News Desk, The Roth Army-#1 source of DLR and Classic Van Halen discussion since 1999, David Lee Roth Presents: HANG EM’ HIGH!, and most importantly, hitchWORLD1969®. So Fucking RESPEKT®.

My favorite Van Halen albums, in order from best to worst are:

Fair Warning
    Van Halen
    OU812
    Diver Down
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Balance
    Women and Children First
    Van Halen II
    A Different Kind of Truth
    Van Halen III (lol)

I didn't put much thought into that and answers are subject to change™.

MY POINT:

Both Roth and Hagar are egocentric pieces of poopy™.

I don't understand why Roth is held on such a high pedestal. Yes, he was the original vocalist of VH. Yes he brought a more metal and high energy feel to VH than Sammy. Yes, he was a phenomenal front man, with high energy, rich ideas, and blinding showmanship; without him, it is a semi-arguable (emphasis on the SEMI) point that EVH would have been a nobody. And, of course, yes, this is a fan page dedicated to him, so I realize my posting of this is out of place and going to be criticized by all who see it.

BUTT™!...

He fucking sucked at singing. In the 70's, in the 80's, in the 90's, in the 00's, AND ESPECIALLY IN A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH!!! I mean FUCK!!!! A Different Kind of Truth was terrible from a vocal perspective. It took me fucking 20 listens to finally appreciate it, and even then, it was only because he is the "face" of what Van Halen "should be." Not a single one of you Roth-dick-sucking-motherfuckers could ever convince me that the vocals on that album are objectively even decent, nor that he deserves to be sucking his own dick in Vegas, Right Now©. If that was his first album he ever appeared on, he would've been laughed in the face at by every single third grader who has ever touched a fucking recorder.

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy Roth-Era VH. Quite the opposite. I love ALL Van Halen. Also, there is no doubt in my mind that DLR fits fucking perfectly with VH. The magic of those first six albums are unobtainable by anyone and anything that will ever exist. His voice sits so perfectly in the mix and all of those albums are masterpieces ('cept Van Halen II... for some reason I really don't care for that album). Also, being an angsty 24 year old with no parents and a love for heavy music, I could cut every other musical act out of my diet (including Hagar-Era VH), and die a happy life.

The last statement above is probably false™.

Now for Hagar. Sammy is undoubtedly the better vocalist of VH. I get it, Roth has more album sales than Hagar (57M vs 27M circa 2015); keep in mind though, DLR has never had a billboard #1 album with VH, while ALL four of Sammy's VH albums reached #1.

Buuttfuck© that. Y'all are a bunch of cumguzzling Roth sluts and that won't mean anything to you. Dave still wins, right? Wrong!!! Sammy can actually fucking sing. Always has been able to, still can, and probably always will be able to. Not to fucking mention he let Ed do whatever he wanted to musically, y'know because he could actually work with whatever Eddie put on the table. Roth was restricted to that gritty, hard rock sound because his voice is TERRIBLE. It only works with the edgy, heavily distorted rock sound because his voice is also heavily distorted. And shitty™. Did I mention shitty™?

"BUt AlL SAmMy WrOTe wAs CheESy LoVe SoNgS AnD BaLLaDs!!" Newsflash, pussies!! Five Roth songs have "love" in the title, compared to Sammy's three. I know this isn't an accurate indicator but THEY BOTH WROTE A FAIR AMOUNT OF CHEESY ASS SONGS ABOUT GIRLS!

Furthermore, as I stated at the beginning of this post, Van Halen is EDWARD FUCKING VAN HALEN®!!!! It's been proven (via Sammy, and hell, fucking Cherone even) that Eddie would have made it big no matter what without Dave, but I would bet your bottom dollhair® that Dave would have been a nobody without the compatibility and grit that Ed brought to the table.

Also, who cares about the (two) whiney lead singers of the band, when Eddie clearly had all the talent? I realize I'm not on a "Van Halen" fan page, rather an "Oh MY GoD, DLr iS ThE BeST ANd i WAnT HiM tO EnTEr mY aSShoLE IN a NoN gRAcEfuLL MAnnEr, nO MaTTeR tHe CoSt" page but... This post is in tribute to him, and all of his musical greatness. He truly changed the world of rock and the state of the music industry as a whole. A truly great innovator who was tragically taken from us on the day of yester™. May he shred in peace, among all the other guitar heroes who have been taken from us... if you believe in that shit. Religion is Fake and Gay®.

Alright you fucking snowflakes™. What have you to say about this? I'm sure I've converted no one, and pissed all of you off in the process. Please let me remain a member of this glorious™ page, as I promise to no longer stir the pot. This page was very important to my father, the great HITCHbrain®, and I wish to remain a member, as I find more and more that aspects of his life are fading away from mine, and that makes me one sad panda™.

I'll leave you with one more remark:

This is all in good fun. I don't give a fuck what you like, or what you think about me, or Sammy, or Dave, or any of this bullshit. At the end of the day, both of them have sold 27M/57M (respektively®) more albums than any of you cowards. And by some odd chance you care about what I think, I already told you. I love ALL Van Halen. I was not born into prejudice, and I think y'all should focus a little more on Ed Boi™. He was the REAL musician.

P.S. - Cherone was the best VH vocalist. Fight me. Also, WARF, my father also loved both Van Halen eras

Much love to all, no matter how wrong you cunts are

-hitch1996®

This is fake, and you sir are an imposter. There is no way this was written by the eldest son of Doug Hitchens. I know because you did not end your epistle with BREASTS !

7. Thanked Funkmonkey for this KICKASS post:

WARF (10-08-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Haven't you claimed you get drunk, do coke, and bang hookers? FFS STFU!!

No I have not. I have never done any drugs and never will.

So you shut the fuck up you idiot.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

More proof what we here at the Army knew all along - Spammy McFagar is a piece of shit. Ed's corpse is still fresh and this assclown couldn't help himself with the following. So what if he was in contact?? Fuck you Hagar.

SAMMY HAGAR Had Secretly Been In Contact With EDDIE VAN HALEN For Last Few Months: 'It's Been A Love Fest'

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sa...n-a-love-fest/

Sammy Hagar says that he had been secretly in contact with Eddie Van Halen in the months leading up to the legendary guitarist's death.

Hagar, who previously said he hadn't spoken to Eddie since since the conclusion of VAN HALEN's 2004 reunion tour, revealed his renewed friendship with his former bandmate in a note which was read over the air this morning (Wednesday, October 6) by radio personality Howard Stern on his SiriusXM show.

Hagar wrote: "Eddie and I had been texting, and it's been a love fest since we started communicating earlier this year. We both agreed not to tell anyone, because of all the rumors it would stir up about a reunion, et cetera, and we both knew that wasn't gonna happen. But he also didn't want anyone to know about his health."

Sammy continued: "He stopped responding to me a month ago, and I figured it wasn't good. I reached out one more time last week, and when he didn't respond, I figured it was a matter of time. But it came way too soon."

Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in VAN HALEN in 1985 and recorded four studio albums with the band — "5150", "OU812", "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" and "Balance" — all of which topped the U.S. chart.

Sammy, Eddie, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony last teamed up in 2004 for a U.S. summer tour. In exchange for taking part in the tour, Anthony reportedly had to agree to take a pay cut and sign away his rights to the band name and logo.

This past May, Hagar told Rolling Stone that he was very optimistic about the possibility of a reunion with his VAN HALEN bandmates. "I foresee it happening," he said. "I'm not trying to plant a seed like I know something is happening. I know nothing. I just know what I know in my heart and my head, which is that it has to happen. Whether it's Sam and Dave or not, I don't know that either," referring to the prospect of both him and original VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth the stage with Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen. "But I know that Eddie and I are not done. If enough water goes under the bridge before we die, it'll happen. It has to. God is going to slap us both around if he has to."

Sammy went on to say that he didn't agree with Roth's recent assessment that the band was "finished."

"Until Ed or Alex Van Halen die, they're not finished," the 72-year-old rocker told Rolling Stone. "Those are two great musicians that can friggin' do as good as most people at half-mast. As a drummer and as a guitarist and creative person, Eddie, I can't see them ever being finished. I wish they were more active, but I think VAN HALEN will never be finished.

"If they want to get it together, they just have to call Dave or have to call Sammy," he added. "They can go out with [Eddie's son] Wolfie as a trio, but that's not the legacy of VAN HALEN. I think they know that."

Early last year, rumors were rampant that the classic-era lineup of VAN HALEN would reunite for the first time since 1984. It's unclear why the tour didn't happen, though there has been online chatter that a health setback involving Eddie might have been responsible.

Eddie died on Tuesday (October 6) at the age of 65. The legendary VAN HALEN guitarist died at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California. His wife, Janie, was by his side, along with his son, Wolfgang, and Alex, Eddie's brother and VAN HALEN drummer.

Eddie died from complications due to cancer, his son confirmed.

The guitarist was diagnosed with mouth cancer in 2000 and had tongue surgery. He was later diagnosed with throat cancer and reportedly had been receiving radiation treatment in

10. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-07-2020)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post

The original Frankie is still alive, I don’t think he’ll be buried with Ed.
    Last edited by WARF; 10-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

12. 4 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-07-2020),Terry (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),twonabomber (10-08-2020)

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar is a despicable piece of excrement. Saw the same post - way to try to make yourself relevant at the expense of another's death.

My parents sure never understood why I kept asking them to scan radio channels (AM no less) on that trip to Ohio in 1978ish. My whole teenage world changed when that album was released.

Where the fuck is Pete's Brother?

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The reason for passing really makes no difference. People live how they do, and it's their own personal payday, so to speak. This is more like seeing part of your youth die (and for most that happened long ago). It brings me back to a hot summer night at the cape cod coliseum. Someone offered at ticket to Ozzy if I'd drive them there. The CCC was as much about the parking lot scene as it was the shows so I said yea. No idea who was opening (I didn't really like Ozzy) so it was just a party. The opening band sounded wild, so I went in (general admission, so it never mattered). There was VH in all the drive to blow the headliner off. Many pivotal things happen in your youth (many to music), and I never realized it at the time, but there loomed a larger event that I carry to this day. I'd like to say I feel bad (And I do), but I'm really feeling bad for myself for being deprived of that feeling, now forever gone.....

15. 4 users say thank you to Igosplut for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),Von Halen (10-07-2020),ZahZoo (10-09-2020)

In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:35 PM
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    Thanks

Been awhile. Checking in.

In shock. Knew this day was coming but still hits hard. He was my hero since age 7. Part of me died yesterday.

Hope you all are well. Sometimes I miss this place.

17. 7 users say thank you to Roy Munson for this KICKASS post:

High Life Man (10-08-2020),Nickdfresh (10-07-2020),PHOENIX (10-07-2020),Seshmeister (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),Von Halen (10-07-2020),ZahZoo (10-09-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm gonna wait until Wolfie can confirm all this.

Knowing Hagar and what a liar he is --- it was probably just a single text to Ed along the lines of "how ya doin, buddy?" and Ed responded with "hanging in there, bud. Have a good one. See ya".

Pretty far from a "love-fest" as Sammy put it.

Besides, why does Spambo think that everyone he ever met or worked with loves him and wants to make amends and be his best pal until death? Dave made some enemies along the way and I don't see him groveling for their forgiveness or reconciliation. Sometimes life just sucks ass and you lose people that you used to get along with. Happens to all of us. Pull up your diapers and act like an adult, Spambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    More proof what we here at the Army knew all along - Spammy McFagar is a piece of shit. Ed's corpse is still fresh and this assclown couldn't help himself with the following. So what if he was in contact?? Fuck you Hagar.

SAMMY HAGAR Had Secretly Been In Contact With EDDIE VAN HALEN For Last Few Months: 'It's Been A Love Fest'

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sa...n-a-love-fest/

Sammy Hagar says that he had been secretly in contact with Eddie Van Halen in the months leading up to the legendary guitarist's death.

Hagar, who previously said he hadn't spoken to Eddie since since the conclusion of VAN HALEN's 2004 reunion tour, revealed his renewed friendship with his former bandmate in a note which was read over the air this morning (Wednesday, October 6) by radio personality Howard Stern on his SiriusXM show.

Hagar wrote: "Eddie and I had been texting, and it's been a love fest since we started communicating earlier this year. We both agreed not to tell anyone, because of all the rumors it would stir up about a reunion, et cetera, and we both knew that wasn't gonna happen. But he also didn't want anyone to know about his health."

Sammy continued: "He stopped responding to me a month ago, and I figured it wasn't good. I reached out one more time last week, and when he didn't respond, I figured it was a matter of time. But it came way too soon."

Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in VAN HALEN in 1985 and recorded four studio albums with the band — "5150", "OU812", "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" and "Balance" — all of which topped the U.S. chart.

Sammy, Eddie, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony last teamed up in 2004 for a U.S. summer tour. In exchange for taking part in the tour, Anthony reportedly had to agree to take a pay cut and sign away his rights to the band name and logo.

This past May, Hagar told Rolling Stone that he was very optimistic about the possibility of a reunion with his VAN HALEN bandmates. "I foresee it happening," he said. "I'm not trying to plant a seed like I know something is happening. I know nothing. I just know what I know in my heart and my head, which is that it has to happen. Whether it's Sam and Dave or not, I don't know that either," referring to the prospect of both him and original VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth the stage with Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen. "But I know that Eddie and I are not done. If enough water goes under the bridge before we die, it'll happen. It has to. God is going to slap us both around if he has to."

Sammy went on to say that he didn't agree with Roth's recent assessment that the band was "finished."

"Until Ed or Alex Van Halen die, they're not finished," the 72-year-old rocker told Rolling Stone. "Those are two great musicians that can friggin' do as good as most people at half-mast. As a drummer and as a guitarist and creative person, Eddie, I can't see them ever being finished. I wish they were more active, but I think VAN HALEN will never be finished.

"If they want to get it together, they just have to call Dave or have to call Sammy," he added. "They can go out with [Eddie's son] Wolfie as a trio, but that's not the legacy of VAN HALEN. I think they know that."

Early last year, rumors were rampant that the classic-era lineup of VAN HALEN would reunite for the first time since 1984. It's unclear why the tour didn't happen, though there has been online chatter that a health setback involving Eddie might have been responsible.

Eddie died on Tuesday (October 6) at the age of 65. The legendary VAN HALEN guitarist died at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California. His wife, Janie, was by his side, along with his son, Wolfgang, and Alex, Eddie's brother and VAN HALEN drummer.

Eddie died from complications due to cancer, his son confirmed.

The guitarist was diagnosed with mouth cancer in 2000 and had tongue surgery. He was later diagnosed with throat cancer and reportedly had been receiving radiation treatment in

19. Thanked TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

Edwards3rdWife (10-08-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Somehow I don't think Ed would want that. He would want Wolfie to have it, and pass it on to his son or daughter.

I don't have any family heirlooms from my paternal grandparents and I feel somewhat deprived. There should be always be some kind of momento that you can pass on from generation to generation to remind the young folks of where they came from and what their legacy is. I can't think of a better heirloom for Wolfie to pass on to his kids than that iconic guitar that literally shook the music world to it's core.

Then again, if Wolfie's kids end up selling it on Ebay in 30 or 40 years for a nice chunk of coin then I will be PISSED.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

May 15, 1981.
    Providence Civic center, Providence R.I.
    Fair Warning.
    My own personal “Beatles on Ed Sullivan” moment. That night the decision was made in my mind to be a degenerate and play music for a living. It was probably a big mistake, but Van Halen gets the credit, or blame, depending on ones viewpoint.
    Being too young to drive, I was taken to the show by my older sister Karen (now dead from cancer) and went with my best childhood buddy Eddie. (Also dead from cancer) . How ironic.
    It’s very surprising how badly I took the News of EVHs passing.
    I guess looking back at it now, I Finally realize how someone’s life path can be altered from one simple experience .
    Thanks to EVH for changing my life (as corny as it sounds)

22. 5 users say thank you to lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-07-2020),Terry (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),Von Halen (10-07-2020),ZahZoo (10-09-2020)

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Good evening. It's been a while. folks.
    Some of you might remember me, most of you probably don't, and I'm not assuming any of you give half a fuck.. I'll try to keep my useless eulogy short..but who the hell knows how long I'll ramble ��*♂️
    Regardless of how you felt about Edward Van Halen after 1984, there's no doubt that if you had a guitar in your hands in 1978 you knew who he was. All we had prior to that were Hendrix clones. Edward got your fucking attention- immediately. He's our generations' Jimi Hendrix and then some. Truth be told, we don't even know if this site would exist without the chemistry between those original 4 .
    Regardless of how he lived his life, that dude had something that only comes once in a lifetime, and we were all fortunate enough to be there when it happened.

.... but I still for the life of me can't understand why guys like Eddie and Neil, dimebag, lemmy etc... all gone. .. while somewhere in a dark English mansion Keith Richards is still laughing in Marlboro.
    Legends live forever, as Dave so adequately put it.
    I love what you did for us, Eddie. ����

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna contact the admins about how to edit my profile pic, and promptly start melting snowflakes in the "front line".
    See you fuckers later. ������
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 10-07-2020 at 07:19 PM.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ok, about the Hendrix clones thing...
    I forgot about Blackmore and the guy from hocus pocus.... but you know what I mean...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remind me not to use autocorrect while I'm visiting. Jesus tap dancing christ what a mess.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    No I have not. I have never done any drugs and never will.

So you shut the fuck up you idiot.
    Oh well fuck me, your heinous! I guess just alcohol and sex trafficked Albanians are your only vices. Forgive silly me!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just day two of a three day bender over this. I never imagined quite giving this much of a fuck. But just dumbstruck numb plodding through life...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I’m sure there will be a big tribute coming down the pike.
    It really needs to be a live one too. Not this phoned in zoom shit that Covid is forcing us to endure

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    It really needs to be a live one too. Not this phoned in zoom shit that Covid is forcing us to endure
    A Grammy Tribute to EVH? But who do they get to run it? Dave Grohl?

Good to see everyone! but of course, would be better under different circumstances...

30. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-08-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thirteen years ago tonight...the first of three shows in a week. Two Toronto shows with Cleveland in the middle on DLR's birthday. And then the Montreal road trip less than a month later.

'Twas a good month...

Sirius today, out of As Is into Let's Get Rockin', and then one of the Hagar things, and switched back in time to pick up Me Wise Magic. I still say I can hear the anger/aggression in that solo.

BUT

This morning, first thing I heard was Josephina...ugh

32. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

moose (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-07-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And the Hagar thing...right on fuckin' cue. Asshole. I hope Wolf or Janie get into Ed's phone and debunk this shit.

34. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (10-07-2020),Nickdfresh (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lqskdiver View Post
    Was it this guy? Satsuma is the shit.
    Yeah I recognise the knees.

and the guitar...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    And the Hagar thing...right on fuckin' cue. Asshole. I hope Wolf or Janie get into Ed's phone and debunk this shit.
    Yeah if they were so close why was Hagar still saying a reunion was a possibility so recently?

Whatever maybe Ed forgave him to get peace.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    Well to be fair Ed and Van Halen were COVID before COVID was cool! The kings of self-isolation...

38. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Even if it is true, Hagar is a shameless cunt. Like a fucking 75 year old high school girl longing for popularity and laboring under a delusion she might go somewhere someday when everyone knows she's a second rate low class gutter trash slut...

40. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Even if it is true, Hagar is a shameless cunt. Like a fucking 75 year old high school girl longing for popularity and laboring under a delusion she might go somewhere someday when everyone knows she's a second rate low class gutter trash slut...
    Dude...Hagar is the 12 year old fat kid who got to kiss a girl and shot his load while he did, she never talked to him again, and he spent the next 20 fucking years riding his busted-ass Schwinn in front of her house and attempted to do wheelies in an effort to impress her.

Or, "look at ME, daddy!"

42. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-08-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),WARF (10-07-2020)

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 12:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

nothing from alex yet, right?

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 07:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I hate 2020....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

Whatever maybe Ed forgave him to get peace.
    Phone rings.....
    EVH “hello?”

Hagar “ hey brother! Sammy here. You know I was thinking how great it would be to get me back and do a reunion.
    I mean, I’d even let Roth in on it! Your kid too! Anything it takes! I’m down! Mikey just woke up and said he’s in.‘I told him you’d do it babe’ (To M.A. mumbling in background) Mikey just said You wouldnt even have to pay him!
    Anyway, Like I was sayin, love ya brother. I already have a press release written and....”

EVH “Yeah whatever”
    ‘Click’

Sammy immediately contacts blabbermouth.com, announces “love fest”

47. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have tickets to see Ozzy 2 weeks on Sunday at an arena show which weirdly hasn't officially been cancelled yet(for a 3rd time) even though it would be illegal for him to play in my garage at the moment.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Can't say I was shocked by the news, given that Ed has been ailing to varying degrees for the last twenty years. The photos of him that did surface over the last year...he didn't look good.

Even though it wasn't surprising, it's still sad. Hearing the news brought back this wave of memories for me. Remembering when I first heard Van Halen. All the hours in the early 1980s spent trying to figure out how he was doing what he was doing...how he was making the guitar sound the way he did. Watching those live Fair Warning promo videos on MTV, and Ed is just ripping those licks out with that shit eating grin on his face.

For however things turned out in the end for the band - most of their post 1984 output and undertakings weren't of interest to me - what Ed did re: rock guitar...a million people have said a million things over the last two days already. What else can one say? An icon and a legend. I've listened to the 6 pack stuff so much over the last 40 years it's to the point where I don't even need to listen to it anymore, because that music is just burned into my brain.

50. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

I have tickets to see Ozzy 2 weeks on Sunday at an arena show which weirdly hasn't officially been cancelled yet(for a 3rd time) even though it would be illegal for him to play in my garage at the moment.
    Don't go Sesh! Even though your vodka soaked insides would probably kill the Covid, I don't want you to take that chance!

52. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-07-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thirteen years ago tonight...the first of three shows in a week. Two Toronto shows with Cleveland in the middle on DLR's birthday. And then the Montreal road trip less than a month later.

'Twas a good month...
    I really wanted to go to that Cleveland show in 2007. I was so fuckin' jazzed about Dave being back that I was ready to pay $400 to $500 for a floor ticket within 20 rows of the stage.

Unfortunately, the lady I was dating at the time had some work obligations she couldn't get out of and I didn't wanna piss her off by going myself. Luckily, we caught the VH boys in Pittsburgh the following April but that Cleveland show was among the very first of that reunion tour and I was watching clips on YouTube and they were really impressing me.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    I really wanted to go to that Cleveland show in 2007. I was so fuckin' jazzed about Dave being back that I was ready to pay $400 to $500 for a floor ticket within 20 rows of the stage.

Unfortunately, the lady I was dating at the time had some work obligations she couldn't get out of and I didn't wanna piss her off by going myself. Luckily, we caught the VH boys in Pittsburgh the following April but that Cleveland show was among the very first of that reunion tour and I was watching clips on YouTube and they were really impressing me.
    2nd show was tight..

55. Thanked Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    R.I.P Ed, it's been a hell of a ride

57. 2 users say thank you to Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

BottaGetta (10-09-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    2nd show was tight..
    To this day the most I've ever paid to go to a show, ours was Baltimore in May 2008. Great show although Eddie was only at 80% Dave was maybe the best vocally I've seen him. On the second tour and the live album that seemed to swap,

59. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (10-08-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Can't say I was shocked by the news, given that Ed has been ailing to varying degrees for the last twenty years. The photos of him that did surface over the last year...he didn't look good.
    Could Ed's illness be the reason Wolfgang's album has been delayed? We joke about Ed not wanting to make music any more, and settling to make guitars and shoes...

We saw it coming. Didn't make the news any easier though.

Thread Information