DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Try to make a decent suggestion and slave SESH clearly demonstrates what a sexist he is
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

SuchGoodPhotog (10-11-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Try to make a decent suggestion and slave SESH clearly demonstrates what a sexist he is
    How can Sesh be a sexist when all of you liberal fucking idiots don't believe in gender?

Where I come from, there's boys and girls. Men and women. And a handful of cast off freaks.

End of fucking discussion.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Kristy always gets' sexy and sexist mixed up.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    I was listening to Sirius EVH tribute all week and its' incredible how many songs I didn't know from the Hagar era and other LL Cool J. I mean the guitar work is amazing on some of these pieces, I am discovering many songs for the first time, I never thought existed due to my lack of interest to the Van Hagar era.
    You may be on to something. I would buy a boxset of the Van Hagar era if they removed the vocals.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Sirius tribute channel played the Roger Waters/EVH track. Haven't heard the Thomas Dolby stuff yet.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Not a Kurzweil 250 to be found on eBay or Reverb. I shoulda bought that one that the local music store had 15 years ago...

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Yes, my very dear friend...not only Dave but band employees have completely confirmed that the band had a film crew following them for a few dates on the WACF tour and at least a few shows were filmed/recorded. I think there might be a pic or two out there confirming a show or two with film cameras visible on-stage. They filmed on-stage AND off-stage antics of this amazing band at an early peak, on the road in America and living the rock 'n' roll life in their mid-20s. If they somehow found this footage and proper multi-tracks, it would be the holy grail...possibly even more-so than the Oakland '81 footage. But who knows if it still exists? Ed built his studio in '83. But he was still a drunk...and he didn't have the best personal management. So who knows if he really put out the effort to dig up and locate all the old multi-tracks and footage that was already floating around before 5150 was built. He just never struck me as someone who had the prolific & organized nature Frank Zappa had with his vaults.

Fuck...this whole vault topic needs its own thread, methinks. I might get on that later.
    Wasn't that just a couple of guys with old prop cameras that they brought out on stage to hype the crowd? I seriously doubt there is a bunch of lost footage from this era.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Channelling your inner AOC "the world is ending" nonsense. Sorry about Bernoe but let it go.....

10. Thanked Heater for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (10-12-2020)

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Eddie's "10 years worth of material" probably consists of raw riffs which might have turned into songs, given the proper process, but now that's not going to happen, for obvious reasons. The VDIII album was evidence that Ed needed a partner who did more than just write lyrics, he needed to help Eddie shape the riffs into an actual song structure. Cherone couldn't or wouldn't do this, at least not on that record. I don't know enough about Extreme to know what the songwriting process was between him & Nuno, so I can't speculate as to whether or not the songs on that second aborted Van Danniels record would have had a more coherent structure.

DLR was able to turn Eddie's riffs into masterpieces. Hagar was able to turn them into.... well, at least they were properly constructed songs, even if many of them were drowned in Velveeta.

So while Eddie's "10 years of riffs" might be interesting to listen to, as a fan, should they ever leak out, I doubt very much that they're in any sort of actual song structures. And therefore, it's nothing like the huge backlog of complete or nearly completed material that Hendrix or Prince had stashed away. Which actually sucks, because it wouldn't have been a bad thing to have "new" Van Halen records released up to 2060 - assuming any human life still exists on Earth by then.
    Still with the AOC/Bernie hysteria I see.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ironic that Ted Templeman didn't like "Jump" or Eddie's use of synthesizers, since he also produced the Doobie Brothers, and had no problem with what Michael McDonald did to them, which was pretty much the equivalent of Hagarization.
    So, did Hagar rape you or something? Or not rape you or something?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

What kind of drugs is Bleater on tonight? This is the most incoherent I've ever seen this poor sheep...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Wasn't that just a couple of guys with old prop cameras that they brought out on stage to hype the crowd? I seriously doubt there is a bunch of lost footage from this era.
    In 1985 VH had 16 reels of 24 track audio from the Oakland 81 shows based on inventory sheets from Pacific Titles Archives that were stored there. No reason to believe there isn't video also stored from those shows either there or elsewhere...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Spammy made Eddie a boat fuck of money. Sure, those the Spammy days were filled with some of the most mediocre 80's shit ever to be recorded and in a way, Spammy saved Van Halen so a lot of you with your weird, fucked-up homoerotic obsession you have for Roth could continue under the radar.

Oh, by the way, you cretins:

The Eddie Van Halen funeral will reportedly take place in the next few weeks, we’ve learned from VHLinks’ Right-Here-I-Say from a family source, who also says the legendary guitarist will be cremated. Eddie Van Halen’s rumored last call with David Lee Roth was recently detailed.

Weeks? To cremate a body? Is the L.A. County Morgue backlogged? Even so where are they going to spread the ashes? Oh, I know, at Eddie's local AA chapter. Gawd bless.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 02:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Hey all. Used to post on this forum about 15-17 years ago, no idea what my handle was but was more of a lurker anyway so no big whoop. Found this forum in an old set of bookmarks and so glad it is still here and around, good shit.

Anyhow, turned 50 year and what a piece of shit these last 10 months have been, good lord. Yeah death is a part of life yadda yadda yadda, but I suppose there's just been a little "too much" life these last 6 months, I don't know.

First you turn 50 and are officially old and realize the world is rapidly changing; then some of your heroes from your life start dying off - first with Neil Peart and now with Ed.

Van Halen was always such a fucking constant, a band and sound of strength, a conduit to my youth of growing up in California in the 70s-80s. Now it's all just a blip in history, as we usher in the new age of technology, staying at home and away from people in the piece of shit political climate we are currently in.

Anyhow, glad this place is still and hope you are all holding up ok!
    Last edited by lc317; 10-12-2020 at 01:01 PM.

17. 4 users say thank you to lc317 for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-12-2020),Rikk (10-12-2020),Seshmeister (10-12-2020),Terry (05-27-2021)

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lc317 View Post
    Hey all. Used to post on this forum about 15-17 years ago, no idea what my handle was but was more of a lurker anyway so no big whoop. Found this forum in an old set of bookmarks and so glad it is still here and around, good shit.

Anyhow, turned 50 year and what a piece of shit these last 10 months have been, good lord. Yeah death is a part of life yadda yadda yadda, but I suppose there's just been a little "too much" life these last 6 months, I don't know.

First you turn 50 and are officially old and realize the world is rapidly changing; then some of your heroes from your life start dying off - first with Neil Peart and now with Ed.

Van Halen was always such a fucking constant, a band and sound of strength, a conduit to my youth of growing up in California in the 70s-80s. Now it's all just a blip in history, as we usher in the new age of technology, staying at home and away from people in the piece of shit political climate we are currently in.

Anyhow, glad this place is still and hope you are all holding up ok!
    It's the most action this place has seen in a decade....

Welcome back..

19. 2 users say thank you to Diamondjimi for this KICKASS post:

lc317 (10-12-2020),ZahZoo (10-12-2020)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Rolling Stone just released a podcast on the life of Eddie Van Halen. Basically told me what I already knew: that Van Halen were a limp-wristed Montrose cover band.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000494491127

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Here's the vid they were talking about

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 12:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks! Great video.

2:40-3:15 are the tapes, and Ed saying the only person that can archive it is him- but because it's about his taste, of course.

PS- around 4min, i had that "Flying Eddies" poster on my wall, friend took it from a magazine and gave it to me. Was under my light switch. Saw it every time i walked in/out my room

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Rolling Stone just released a podcast on the life of Eddie Van Halen. Basically told me what I already knew: that Van Halen were a limp-wristed Montrose cover band.

If your intention is to be controversial, at least make a statement that isn't drenched in ignorance. Montrose was a good band and Ronnie Montrose was a killer guitarist. But he wasn't on the same level as Ed, nor was Montrose as a band on the same level as Van Halen. FACT!

I'd suggest you go get your vibrator and a bowl of buttered popcorn and sit down and watch the Largo bootleg. Since I doubt even the VH show will be enough to lubricate that old krusty snatch of yours, the butter from the popcorn will help. I promise, you'll be tingling all over in no time.

24. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

1980Invasion (10-17-2020)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Shut up, Karen.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shut up, Karen.
    Who is Karen? Your lesbian girlfriend? You know my name is Vaughn. I'm pretty sure you've whispered it in your head many a night.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Please come to Colorado and fuck me Von Halen. It's been 3,170 days since I've gotten laid.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Again, shut up, Karen.
    Take your tired act over to the politics forum, where you are slightly more educated on the topics at hand. We all know you know ZERO about Van Halen. I will not have you desecrating a thread dedicated to the remembrance of the greatest guitarist in the history of guitarists.

29. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-12-2020)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Okay, Karen. Too bad there is not closet forum here where you could have come out of that.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I remember you, Kuntie. You used to pose in leopard skin bikini, trying to look sexy.

Instead you just appear like a less-than-average-looking troglodyte.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-12-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Still with the AOC/Bernie hysteria I see.
    Why don't you keep that to the appropriate threads in the Frontline, or fuck right off....

If you wanna troll Ford on his videos no one watches, fine, but keep it the fuck out of this thread...

33. 3 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (05-27-2021),Von Halen (10-12-2020),ZahZoo (10-13-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Spammy made Eddie a boat fuck of money. Sure, those the Spammy days were filled with some of the most mediocre 80's shit ever to be recorded and in a way, Spammy saved Van Halen so a lot of you with your weird, fucked-up homoerotic obsession you have for Roth could continue under the radar.

Oh, by the way, you cretins:

The Eddie Van Halen funeral will reportedly take place in the next few weeks, we’ve learned from VHLinks’ Right-Here-I-Say from a family source, who also says the legendary guitarist will be cremated. Eddie Van Halen’s rumored last call with David Lee Roth was recently detailed.

Weeks? To cremate a body? Is the L.A. County Morgue backlogged? Even so where are they going to spread the ashes? Oh, I know, at Eddie's local AA chapter. Gawd bless.
    They'll spread those ashes very secretly because there are a lot of people that would snort those cremains and get very fucking high!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-12-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How in fuck would you know? BTW fucknuts, you came here as an Asshole and Nobody fan trolling us? Two guys that dream at night they can be Howard Stern's smegma since their gay marriage ended so badly. Obviously you're not exactly on the cutting edge of taste, intelligence, knowledge or background on anything Van Halen or music in general. So word to the wise, keep your comments on topic...

37. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (10-12-2020)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think I have seen this movie before. It did not turn out well for some people.

39. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-12-2020),ZahZoo (10-13-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One of the most fucking retarded things you have ever uttered while not peeing on people. Do you not realize that Van Halen ended what was left of Montrose's career in 1978 when they punted his boring ass off stage nightly after giving Steve Perry swirlies backstage? But hey, feel free to hop on your Bad Motor Scooter (or is it Rad Motor Scooter?) and ride!...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Here's the vid they were talking about

I'd totally forgotten that he admitted literally writing the VDIII album on the toilet... which seems oddly appropriate, considering the album was a turd.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Man, he looks like Skeletor with shades and a cool hat there...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Man, he looks like Skeletor with shades and a cool hat there...
    Shut up, hippie.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    One of the most fucking retarded things you have ever uttered while not peeing on people. Do you not realize that Van Halen ended what was left of Montrose's career in 1978 when they punted his boring ass off stage nightly after giving Steve Perry swirlies backstage? But hey, feel free to hop on your Bad Motor Scooter (or is it Rad Motor Scooter?) and ride!...
    Awww, that is so cute. WikiNiki defending his Montrose cover band

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd totally forgotten that he admitted literally writing the VDIII album on the toilet... which seems oddly appropriate, considering the album was a turd.
    VH III was by far the best record they ever did.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    This, this is just awesome.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The robot speaks.....

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You wanna come stand around in my house, robot?

I know you are a hateful sexbot, but I would just want you to stand around in my house, so I can laugh at you.

Wait a minnit....I don't need you to stand around in my house, I can laugh at you wherever I am.

Ha.

I love you Krusty.

I know you missed me.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Im sure of all his accomplishments , this one would top Eds list...only son playing his original...

Thread Information