TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
      You know what's pathetic?

1) I used to post here all the time...more than I probably should have...because this is a great site with so many good posters that had/have so much good stuff to say about good music. But with raising a family...and going through two rough events...it gets hard to stick around and post with the regularity (I think I was doing like upwards of 50 posts a day at one point) I used to have.

2) YOU stick around like an incredible, overgrown persistent fungus...at a forum for "a limp-wristed Montrose cover band." 14,173 posts of bile for a subject for which you so want people to believe carries no personal value.

3) What's the average length of time it takes a person to write a post? For me, maybe...what...3-4 minutes? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 3 minutes. So, 14,173 posts, average length of time per post 3 minutes. That means you've spent 42,519 minutes writing posts here. Now let's say you've spent at least that much time reading posts here (and that's a very stingy estimate of your time here reading posts by other people posting about this "limp-wristed" band).
      So, you've spent, at a minimum, 85,000 minutes here.
      THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!
      THAT'S 59 DAYS' CONSTANT TIME SPENT BEING HERE!!!!!!!!!
      EIGHT AND A HALF WEEKS!!!!!
      MORE THAN TWO MONTHS ON A SUBJECT THAT HOLDS ON PERSONAL VALUE FOR!!!
      HOLY MOTHER-FUCKING SHIT, JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I woke up one day and realized I'd spent months of my life (with sleep out of the equation) posting at:
      1) A Barbara Streisand fan forum...
      2) A Gwyneth Paltrow "Goop" discussion group...
      3) A Jared Kushner appreciation chat site...
      4) An "AMERICAN IDOL" idiots & losers critique support group...
      5) A Nickelback sycophants' bile-gathering web location

I think I might very well want to kill myself.

And if not you don't want to do that, at least it shouldn't be a mystery as to why it's been 3,170 days since you've been laid. I'm afraid I'm happily-married with a beautiful daughter, so I can't help you. But I'd be happy to help you maybe prioritize your schedule so that maybe you'll meet someone and become a happy person again.

Much love!
      Rikk
      You just won a new Chrysler Cordoba !! That pig ruined this website. Freedom of speech ? I get it but fucking spare me man.....

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Nah... saying goodbye sucks, sometimes...

Living life at it's fullest and pausing to appreciate all that it's brought you it is where it's at. I'm pausing briefly here to appreciate the sound track to my life... the brother and sisterhood shared... then pushing play and continuing the journey... crank it up!! There's more livin and shenanigans ahead!!
        I can live with that.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Tim Pierce is a session guitarist who has played with an insane number of people.

Comment

• SuchGoodPhotog
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jun 2020

question- is this the black/white guitar, just not completely finished yet, with a white pickguard?

hadnt seen this one before: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...zzHMfpfNGQhj7g
            "Look, i'll pay you for it"

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

1) I used to post here all the time...more than I probably should have...because this is a great site with so many good posters that had/have so much good stuff to say about good music. But with raising a family...and going through two rough events...it gets hard to stick around and post with the regularity (I think I was doing like upwards of 50 posts a day at one point) I used to have.

2) YOU stick around like an incredible, overgrown persistent fungus...at a forum for "a limp-wristed Montrose cover band." 14,173 posts of bile for a subject for which you so want people to believe carries no personal value.

3) What's the average length of time it takes a person to write a post? For me, maybe...what...3-4 minutes? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 3 minutes. So, 14,173 posts, average length of time per post 3 minutes. That means you've spent 42,519 minutes writing posts here. Now let's say you've spent at least that much time reading posts here (and that's a very stingy estimate of your time here reading posts by other people posting about this "limp-wristed" band).
              THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!

If I woke up one day and realized I'd spent months of my life (with sleep out of the equation) posting at:

And if not you don't want to do that, at least it shouldn't be a mystery as to why it's been 3,170 days since you've been laid. I'm afraid I'm happily-married with a beautiful daughter, so I can't help you. But I'd be happy to help you maybe prioritize your schedule so that maybe you'll meet someone and become a happy person again.

Much love!
              Rikk
              Post of the decade !

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by twonabomber
                FGT motherfuckin' H.

That first album is so lush and full of interesting sounds...but that's Trevor Horn and ZTT. I play it all the time.

Fun fact: the only show...ONLY...show EVER I wanted to see and wasn't able to get tickets for was Phil Collins No Jacket Required tour. We got to the Ticketmaster window just as they sold out. So we bought FGTH tickets instead. Weeks later we decided we didn't want to go. Flipped them for a profit.
                If you care to check the acknowledgments of the original Frankie Goes to Hollywood debut album LP sleeve, there you will find a thank you to ... Eddie Van Halen.

For inspiration, I assume.
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll confess I don't know much about FGH other than the two singles "Relax" and "Two Tribes", but I'm not hearing much Van Halen influence in those. Hell, I only remember "Two Tribes" because of the bizzare video of Reagan in a bloody fight with whichever of the Russian temp-hires that was in charge of the USSR at the time.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The first album of their debut double album is great. The rest never did much for me. They were massive for a year or so in the UK.

To be honest I think if I had seen them when it came out I would have been really put off by the image and presentation but I didn't get into them until a couple of years later when they had split up already.

They reformed many years later and did a really good one off show without their singer who by all the evidence came across as being a total dick so it had the added bonus of showing how completely replaceable he was by some random they found just before the show.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      If you care to check the acknowledgments of the original Frankie Goes to Hollywood debut album LP sleeve, there you will find a thank you to ... Eddie Van Halen.

For inspiration, I assume.

A lot of it does just look like a list of stuff they liked but EVH is high on that list.

Notice Trevor Horn who basically created all the great stuff about them is much lower in the thanks.

Way back on the day when I was at law school I remember reading the legal case between them and their record company which they actually won. I think probably because record contracts were so insanely bad in those days for the artists because clearly Trevor Horn should have had some publishing on that album.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!

Much love!
                          Rikk
                          A vERY hiTcHWoRLD sTyLE pOST!/!
                          Add to Ignore list

Comment

• nick500
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2019

The thing I appreciate about Kristy is the ol' Rotharmy joy of yelling at people. If the Pen were really still running with the same crew and everything, I'm afraid she'd have to be SHEEP OF THE WEEK.

One thing a lot of people don't remember is why the Pen had to start in the first place. In the summer of 2004, the Army was inundated with all these fucking loser sheep, showing up here and trying to rub our faces in it, listing false statistics but basically trying to destroy the site's morale by rubbing our face in the fact that the band was touring with cheeseface. We all know how successful that tour went, don't we?

I've actually never seen a show from that tour...I've only read about it and see the odd clip. I've been meaning to torture myself and check out a show from that tour one of these days...at least part of one...so I can compare that period to the truly excellent shows (I saw, I think, three shows in person with Dave...maybe I enjoyed the ADKOT show the most because they played a healthy amount of material from that album, and I loved that album...though they didn't necessarily play the best songs from that album...I wanted to hear OUTTA SPACE, BEATS WORKIN', STAY FROSTY, BULLETHEAD, BLOOD & FIRE...and I'm almost sure they didn't play any of that material). I wonder if that legendary last show from the tour of '04 (the one in which Eddie throws his equipment AT Sammy) is on YouTube or a torrent or something. I'd like to see that.

I didn't get as mad at some, at first, that Sam had to go to the media to let everyone know that he'd mended fences with Ed...until I saw Dave basically being the class act again. I actually wasn't too happy with Dave for saying in an interview that the band will never tour again...or something like that. I understood that the band will never tour again was probably a reality. I just thought that would give a dying man a lot of trouble...get the death-watchers out while Eddie was trying to peacefully live out the last part of his life. I didn't notice until a few days ago (when I saw an old post) that Wolfgang also wasn't happy that Dave said that...he basically said something like: "It is not up to David Lee Roth if Eddie Van Halen ever goes on tour again." But, thinking about it now, it wasn't a big deal. The rumor is out there (though I first saw it from Kristy, so I'll have to remember its shriveled-up source) that Dave & Ed had a last phone call in the last week of Ed's life. I guess we don't know for sure if that's true because I've never found a confirmed source...but if it's true, then Dave's been a class-act (again). He hasn't jumped out there to steal media time to talk about Eddie and Eddie's death in order to get his own face on TMZ or wherever. He's made sure the family has more privacy. Sam waited, what, one day to make sure his name gets in the media again?
                            I agree about Dave. He has really shown a lot class and respect unlike Sammy. A few long time posters and Dave fans on VH links pointed out the same thing about Sammy trying to get attention and what happened? Boom they were banned for life. It's become a Hagar love fest over there.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by nick500
                              I agree about Dave. He has really shown a lot class and respect unlike Sammy. A few long time posters and Dave fans on VH links pointed out the same thing about Sammy trying to get attention and what happened? Boom they were banned for life. It's become a Hagar love fest over there.
                              I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT! They were banned for life?? Shit, that's why I came over here in the first place in the early 2000s. I didn't even know this place existed at first...but I was spouting my mouth off about Sambo time to time (though I also admittedly took time to talk about Ed's guitar playing when it was worth something in any era...but I could never shut up about Sam). Anyway, Norton literally yelled at me in front of everybody and told me to keep my opinions to myself. I couldn't fucking believe it. Eventually, he was trying to post in a friendly manner over here. But how many Roth fans came over here because that place was the actual Dump? I haven't logged into that place in many, many years. For all I know, I've been banned there too for many years. But I don't know for sure.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tell me about it. I got a one month "timeout" in some stupid thing they called the "Rothtard barn" over there. That was in September 2007. I'm still locked out. Somebody apparently needs a new calendar.

Don't even remember what the fuck that was all about. Considering that's about the time Van Halen started their first tour in 23 years, I must have been in a good mood. I think Olo took all my jokes about Enumclaw a little too seriously or something.

Oh well.....
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...