Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Awww, that is so cute. WikiNiki defending his Montrose cover band
    Stupid whore says wut?

Kraren is that you?

Troll's over you fucking sockpuppet...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-12-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (10-16-2020)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    The word you're looking for is "Kramer"
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Rolling Stone just released a podcast on the life of Eddie Van Halen. Basically told me what I already knew: that Van Halen were a limp-wristed Montrose cover band.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000494491127
    You know what's pathetic?

1) I used to post here all the time...more than I probably should have...because this is a great site with so many good posters that had/have so much good stuff to say about good music. But with raising a family...and going through two rough events...it gets hard to stick around and post with the regularity (I think I was doing like upwards of 50 posts a day at one point) I used to have.

2) YOU stick around like an incredible, overgrown persistent fungus...at a forum for "a limp-wristed Montrose cover band." 14,173 posts of bile for a subject for which you so want people to believe carries no personal value.

3) What's the average length of time it takes a person to write a post? For me, maybe...what...3-4 minutes? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 3 minutes. So, 14,173 posts, average length of time per post 3 minutes. That means you've spent 42,519 minutes writing posts here. Now let's say you've spent at least that much time reading posts here (and that's a very stingy estimate of your time here reading posts by other people posting about this "limp-wristed" band).
    So, you've spent, at a minimum, 85,000 minutes here.
    THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!
    THAT'S 59 DAYS' CONSTANT TIME SPENT BEING HERE!!!!!!!!!
    EIGHT AND A HALF WEEKS!!!!!
    MORE THAN TWO MONTHS ON A SUBJECT THAT HOLDS ON PERSONAL VALUE FOR!!!
    HOLY MOTHER-FUCKING SHIT, JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I woke up one day and realized I'd spent months of my life (with sleep out of the equation) posting at:
    1) A Barbara Streisand fan forum...
    2) A Gwyneth Paltrow "Goop" discussion group...
    3) A Jared Kushner appreciation chat site...
    4) An "AMERICAN IDOL" idiots & losers critique support group...
    5) A Nickelback sycophants' bile-gathering web location

I think I might very well want to kill myself.

And if not you don't want to do that, at least it shouldn't be a mystery as to why it's been 3,170 days since you've been laid. I'm afraid I'm happily-married with a beautiful daughter, so I can't help you. But I'd be happy to help you maybe prioritize your schedule so that maybe you'll meet someone and become a happy person again.

Much love!
    Rikk

5. 11 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (10-15-2020),Diamondjimi (10-14-2020),FORD (10-13-2020),Hardrock69 (10-13-2020),Jérôme Frenchise (10-13-2020),Nickdfresh (10-13-2020),Seshmeister (10-13-2020),Terry (05-27-2021),twonabomber (10-13-2020),Von Halen (10-13-2020),ZahZoo (10-13-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well that about covers it... normal found it's way back to the Roth Army™...

Heard ya missed us... say it like ya mean it...

LMAO

Please don't forget to stop by the Gift Shop and Donations box in the Lobby...
    Last edited by ZahZoo; 10-13-2020 at 08:59 AM.

7. 4 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (10-16-2020),Hardrock69 (10-14-2020),Rikk (10-13-2020),sonrisa salvaje (10-15-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Well that about covers it... normal found it's way back to the Roth Army™...

Heard ya missed us... say it like ya mean it...

LMAO

Please don't forget to stop by the Gift Shop and Donations box in the Lobby...
    That felt good. I fuckin' love this place.

9. 3 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (10-16-2020),twonabomber (10-13-2020),ZahZoo (10-14-2020)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

That was a great post Rikk.

The Army needed it.

11. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-13-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    That was a great post Rikk.

The Army needed it.
    Thank you, my hombre. It only takes me about two seconds, a couple posts and a few reads to make me remember why I love this place. This always was my favorite place in the world to talk about music...and often life too.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

I think Ed and Merle might need to play ping pong with Heaters tiny ball sack...

14. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-13-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I think Ed and Merle might need to play ping pong with Heaters tiny ball sack...

Yes, indeed-y, sir! Awww-right!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    That felt good. I fuckin' love this place.
    This site basically predates modern 'social media' which brings some issues. Firstly people get angry when we don't censor enough and also get angry if we censor anything. They find the donations thing weird because nowadays when you post on the internet it's funded by advertising and selling your information. You can be anonymous and there aren't algorithms making sure you don't read something you don't initially disagree with.

It's not impossible these old fashioned forums may be like vinyl and end up having a resurgence among people looking for something less sanitized...

17. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-13-2020),Rikk (10-13-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Flawed tribute from Stern but...

21. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-14-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    This site basically predates modern 'social media' which brings some issues. Firstly people get angry when we don't censor enough and also get angry if we censor anything. They find the donations thing weird because nowadays when you post on the internet it's funded by advertising and selling your information. You can be anonymous and there aren't algorithms making sure you don't read something you don't initially disagree with.

It's not impossible these old fashioned forums may be like vinyl and end up having a resurgence among people looking for something less sanitized...
    I fucking love that when I post something here, I don't have some bot suggesting to me that I may enjoy Joe Blow's thread about similar amps. It feels...clean. It isn't a technological step towards NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR (I mean Orwell's dystopian 1949 tome, NOT one of my favorite albums).

I'm very comfortable financially and enjoy donating to anything that contributes to my life or my family's happiness. We give a nice amount of money to our favorite museum, the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago (I used to live in Toronto, but Chicago is my home and my favorite city in the world). We also donate to the Shedd Aquarium, the Museum of Science & Industry & the Adler Planetarium (all in Chicago). We also (though I don't teach in the actual city of Chicago now) have given money to my old school I taught at in Chicago and other organizations related to teaching and kids. We've been regular donors to the ASPCA, PAWS in Chicago and other organizations that save animals and keep them alive.

I've spent countless hours talking music, life & the pros/cons of this country at this incredible site. I've met some friends I consider very close at this site. One of them is now gone from this world, but I continue to speak to/see many of these friends here and also on Facebook (which is a place I appreciate for keeping connections close...but they've also robbed from me with their privacy hacks and algorithms and I wouldn't give Zuckerberg a dime...son of a bitch).

People complain about donating sometimes...and I know that not everybody has disposable income for sites at which they post and I appreciate that. I've never felt that everyone is nagging me or begging for even a second.

But I also know that that the people who put in a lot of their own money & time to run this place do so only for the simple reward of being happy that it's still here.

No one's asked me to...but I will donate again now and any time I think the place could use it. And you know why (outside of keeping this avenue to friends I've made open)?

Last week, an awful event occurred that hit me even harder than I thought it would. And for the first day or two, I could talk to my brother, bandmates, friends and family about it because they all came of age in the 1980s or 1990s (except for my 6-year-old daughter, who's been watching YouTube videos and live clips of Eddie with me for the last week and told me yesterday, "Baba, I really like the songs with the handsome singer better than the songs with that chubby guy"). But after the two days' post-death were over, everyone else had moved on, were happy to talk about anything else and would sound annoyed if I was still talking about Eddie Van Halen. So where have I gone to keep talking about this incredibly-significant event? Where could I go to keep talking about a musician who changed my life? Where could I go to speculate on what archive material we'll hopefully all be listening-to/watching in the next few years? Where else could I go to discuss the ups and downs of this incredible musical legacy (with people who REALLY know all about it and want to talk about it in-depth)?

THIS place. I was gone for all the drama that went down some years ago (though I will note, as an aside, that I actually always despised the poster, ELVIS...that son of a bitch and I locked horns a few times and he always struck me as a complete fucking idiot with few smart opinions and was completely self-involved). I don't give a shit about any of that drama. I wish I still saw more of my old friends around here. But this place is still here.

Thank the fucking guitar gods.

P.S. I used to make fun of my ol' buddy MAX for posting recipes in Non, but I've been meaning on heading down there in the next few days to snag a recipe or two. I've come to enjoy cooking...though I'm no fuckin' chef, by any means.

23. 5 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (10-14-2020),SuchGoodPhotog (10-14-2020),Terry (05-27-2021),Von Halen (10-14-2020),ZahZoo (10-14-2020)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

That is one thing that is refreshing.

At Facebook, you get banned for posting naked pix of hot wimmins in anonymous, closed, secret, private groups that cannot be seen by the public.

They are fine with letting you post all sorts of violence and stuff, but naked people? Oh god....

And all too often people on FB get butt-hurt when I tell them how stupid they fucking are. With the shit-eaters at FB, that includes the management, and that fucking thief Zuckershit. Fuck that worthless fucker.

The current generation are a bunch of limp-wristed pussies who get all sobby when all you do is look at them funny.

I can see being offended when there is a serious reason for it, but too many people these days go all boo-hoo over the dumbest fucking shit.

This place may be one of the sanest places on the internet.

25. 3 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (10-16-2020),SuchGoodPhotog (10-14-2020),Vinnie Velvet (10-15-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bringing together the last two posts a few years ago I found myself having to censor holocaust denial posts here by ELVIS which were being allowed by Facebook, a situation which was super fucked up for about 10 different reasons.

Things are much calmer these days and Kristy is pretty much the last of the trolls.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Bringing together the last two posts a few years ago I found myself having to censor holocaust denial posts here by ELVIS which were being allowed by Facebook, a situation which was super fucked up for about 10 different reasons.

Things are much calmer these days and Kristy is pretty much the last of the trolls.
    The thing I appreciate about Kristy is the ol' Rotharmy joy of yelling at people. If the Pen were really still running with the same crew and everything, I'm afraid she'd have to be SHEEP OF THE WEEK.

One thing a lot of people don't remember is why the Pen had to start in the first place. In the summer of 2004, the Army was inundated with all these fucking loser sheep, showing up here and trying to rub our faces in it, listing false statistics but basically trying to destroy the site's morale by rubbing our face in the fact that the band was touring with cheeseface. We all know how successful that tour went, don't we?

I've actually never seen a show from that tour...I've only read about it and see the odd clip. I've been meaning to torture myself and check out a show from that tour one of these days...at least part of one...so I can compare that period to the truly excellent shows (I saw, I think, three shows in person with Dave...maybe I enjoyed the ADKOT show the most because they played a healthy amount of material from that album, and I loved that album...though they didn't necessarily play the best songs from that album...I wanted to hear OUTTA SPACE, BEATS WORKIN', STAY FROSTY, BULLETHEAD, BLOOD & FIRE...and I'm almost sure they didn't play any of that material). I wonder if that legendary last show from the tour of '04 (the one in which Eddie throws his equipment AT Sammy) is on YouTube or a torrent or something. I'd like to see that.

I didn't get as mad at some, at first, that Sam had to go to the media to let everyone know that he'd mended fences with Ed...until I saw Dave basically being the class act again. I actually wasn't too happy with Dave for saying in an interview that the band will never tour again...or something like that. I understood that the band will never tour again was probably a reality. I just thought that would give a dying man a lot of trouble...get the death-watchers out while Eddie was trying to peacefully live out the last part of his life. I didn't notice until a few days ago (when I saw an old post) that Wolfgang also wasn't happy that Dave said that...he basically said something like: "It is not up to David Lee Roth if Eddie Van Halen ever goes on tour again." But, thinking about it now, it wasn't a big deal. The rumor is out there (though I first saw it from Kristy, so I'll have to remember its shriveled-up source) that Dave & Ed had a last phone call in the last week of Ed's life. I guess we don't know for sure if that's true because I've never found a confirmed source...but if it's true, then Dave's been a class-act (again). He hasn't jumped out there to steal media time to talk about Eddie and Eddie's death in order to get his own face on TMZ or wherever. He's made sure the family has more privacy. Sam waited, what, one day to make sure his name gets in the media again?

28. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

1980Invasion (10-17-2020)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-17-2021 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Even I was compelled to return (here)! I'm surprised my account still works! There have been some awesome tributes and stories all over the San Gabriel Valley (where I live, and where Ed grew up)... what a loss.

30. 5 users say thank you to BruinJer for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-16-2020),Rikk (10-14-2020),Seshmeister (10-14-2020),Terry (10-20-2020),Von Halen (10-14-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

The best moments of the 2004 tour were the soundchecks when Hagar wasn't around. The band (with Sobolewski singing) almost sounds like their old selves here. And this is from Tucson, where the trainwreck happened at the actual show that night.....

32. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (10-14-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

34. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (10-15-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The best moments of the 2004 tour were the soundchecks when Hagar wasn't around. The band (with Sobolewski singing) almost sounds like their old selves here. And this is from Tucson, where the trainwreck happened at the actual show that night.....

Listening to this, they could have made a fair power trio if they indeed weren't going to bring Dave back. This sure sounds better than when cheesehead desecrated this classic material. (They still get the middle a capella part wrong without Dave's baritone.)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Isn't the second one "In A Simple Rhyme"?

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Isn't the second one "In A Simple Rhyme"?
    Is that a question? Turn in your buggie man

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Is that a question? Turn in your buggie man
    Ha! I'm pointing out they are calling it "Little Dreamer"!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2020 @ 01:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hard to believe

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

1) I used to post here all the time...more than I probably should have...because this is a great site with so many good posters that had/have so much good stuff to say about good music. But with raising a family...and going through two rough events...it gets hard to stick around and post with the regularity (I think I was doing like upwards of 50 posts a day at one point) I used to have.

2) YOU stick around like an incredible, overgrown persistent fungus...at a forum for "a limp-wristed Montrose cover band." 14,173 posts of bile for a subject for which you so want people to believe carries no personal value.

3) What's the average length of time it takes a person to write a post? For me, maybe...what...3-4 minutes? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 3 minutes. So, 14,173 posts, average length of time per post 3 minutes. That means you've spent 42,519 minutes writing posts here. Now let's say you've spent at least that much time reading posts here (and that's a very stingy estimate of your time here reading posts by other people posting about this "limp-wristed" band).
    THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!

If I woke up one day and realized I'd spent months of my life (with sleep out of the equation) posting at:

And if not you don't want to do that, at least it shouldn't be a mystery as to why it's been 3,170 days since you've been laid. I'm afraid I'm happily-married with a beautiful daughter, so I can't help you. But I'd be happy to help you maybe prioritize your schedule so that maybe you'll meet someone and become a happy person again.

Much love!
    Rikk
    You just won a new Chrysler Cordoba !! That pig ruined this website. Freedom of speech ? I get it but fucking spare me man.....

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Nah... saying goodbye sucks, sometimes...

Living life at it's fullest and pausing to appreciate all that it's brought you it is where it's at. I'm pausing briefly here to appreciate the sound track to my life... the brother and sisterhood shared... then pushing play and continuing the journey... crank it up!! There's more livin and shenanigans ahead!!
    I can live with that.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tim Pierce is a session guitarist who has played with an insane number of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Pierce_discography

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 12:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

question- is this the black/white guitar, just not completely finished yet, with a white pickguard?

hadnt seen this one before: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...zzHMfpfNGQhj7g

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!

Much love!
    Rikk
    Post of the decade !

46. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-16-2020)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    FGT motherfuckin' H.

That first album is so lush and full of interesting sounds...but that's Trevor Horn and ZTT. I play it all the time.

Fun fact: the only show...ONLY...show EVER I wanted to see and wasn't able to get tickets for was Phil Collins No Jacket Required tour. We got to the Ticketmaster window just as they sold out. So we bought FGTH tickets instead. Weeks later we decided we didn't want to go. Flipped them for a profit.
    If you care to check the acknowledgments of the original Frankie Goes to Hollywood debut album LP sleeve, there you will find a thank you to ... Eddie Van Halen.

For inspiration, I assume.

48. 2 users say thank you to VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (10-17-2020),Nickdfresh (10-17-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll confess I don't know much about FGH other than the two singles "Relax" and "Two Tribes", but I'm not hearing much Van Halen influence in those. Hell, I only remember "Two Tribes" because of the bizzare video of Reagan in a bloody fight with whichever of the Russian temp-hires that was in charge of the USSR at the time.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The first album of their debut double album is great. The rest never did much for me. They were massive for a year or so in the UK.

To be honest I think if I had seen them when it came out I would have been really put off by the image and presentation but I didn't get into them until a couple of years later when they had split up already.

They reformed many years later and did a really good one off show without their singer who by all the evidence came across as being a total dick so it had the added bonus of showing how completely replaceable he was by some random they found just before the show.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    If you care to check the acknowledgments of the original Frankie Goes to Hollywood debut album LP sleeve, there you will find a thank you to ... Eddie Van Halen.

For inspiration, I assume.

A lot of it does just look like a list of stuff they liked but EVH is high on that list.

Notice Trevor Horn who basically created all the great stuff about them is much lower in the thanks.

https://www.zttaat.com/release.php?item=122

Way back on the day when I was at law school I remember reading the legal case between them and their record company which they actually won. I think probably because record contracts were so insanely bad in those days for the artists because clearly Trevor Horn should have had some publishing on that album.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2022 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

53. Thanked Funkmonkey for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (10-20-2020)

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

THAT'S 1,417 HOURS!!!

Much love!
    Rikk
    A vERY hiTcHWoRLD sTyLE pOST!/!

55. Thanked Phil theStalker for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-18-2020)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The thing I appreciate about Kristy is the ol' Rotharmy joy of yelling at people. If the Pen were really still running with the same crew and everything, I'm afraid she'd have to be SHEEP OF THE WEEK.

One thing a lot of people don't remember is why the Pen had to start in the first place. In the summer of 2004, the Army was inundated with all these fucking loser sheep, showing up here and trying to rub our faces in it, listing false statistics but basically trying to destroy the site's morale by rubbing our face in the fact that the band was touring with cheeseface. We all know how successful that tour went, don't we?

I've actually never seen a show from that tour...I've only read about it and see the odd clip. I've been meaning to torture myself and check out a show from that tour one of these days...at least part of one...so I can compare that period to the truly excellent shows (I saw, I think, three shows in person with Dave...maybe I enjoyed the ADKOT show the most because they played a healthy amount of material from that album, and I loved that album...though they didn't necessarily play the best songs from that album...I wanted to hear OUTTA SPACE, BEATS WORKIN', STAY FROSTY, BULLETHEAD, BLOOD & FIRE...and I'm almost sure they didn't play any of that material). I wonder if that legendary last show from the tour of '04 (the one in which Eddie throws his equipment AT Sammy) is on YouTube or a torrent or something. I'd like to see that.

I didn't get as mad at some, at first, that Sam had to go to the media to let everyone know that he'd mended fences with Ed...until I saw Dave basically being the class act again. I actually wasn't too happy with Dave for saying in an interview that the band will never tour again...or something like that. I understood that the band will never tour again was probably a reality. I just thought that would give a dying man a lot of trouble...get the death-watchers out while Eddie was trying to peacefully live out the last part of his life. I didn't notice until a few days ago (when I saw an old post) that Wolfgang also wasn't happy that Dave said that...he basically said something like: "It is not up to David Lee Roth if Eddie Van Halen ever goes on tour again." But, thinking about it now, it wasn't a big deal. The rumor is out there (though I first saw it from Kristy, so I'll have to remember its shriveled-up source) that Dave & Ed had a last phone call in the last week of Ed's life. I guess we don't know for sure if that's true because I've never found a confirmed source...but if it's true, then Dave's been a class-act (again). He hasn't jumped out there to steal media time to talk about Eddie and Eddie's death in order to get his own face on TMZ or wherever. He's made sure the family has more privacy. Sam waited, what, one day to make sure his name gets in the media again?
    I agree about Dave. He has really shown a lot class and respect unlike Sammy. A few long time posters and Dave fans on VH links pointed out the same thing about Sammy trying to get attention and what happened? Boom they were banned for life. It's become a Hagar love fest over there.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nick500 View Post
    I agree about Dave. He has really shown a lot class and respect unlike Sammy. A few long time posters and Dave fans on VH links pointed out the same thing about Sammy trying to get attention and what happened? Boom they were banned for life. It's become a Hagar love fest over there.
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT! They were banned for life?? Shit, that's why I came over here in the first place in the early 2000s. I didn't even know this place existed at first...but I was spouting my mouth off about Sambo time to time (though I also admittedly took time to talk about Ed's guitar playing when it was worth something in any era...but I could never shut up about Sam). Anyway, Norton literally yelled at me in front of everybody and told me to keep my opinions to myself. I couldn't fucking believe it. Eventually, he was trying to post in a friendly manner over here. But how many Roth fans came over here because that place was the actual Dump? I haven't logged into that place in many, many years. For all I know, I've been banned there too for many years. But I don't know for sure.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tell me about it. I got a one month "timeout" in some stupid thing they called the "Rothtard barn" over there. That was in September 2007. I'm still locked out. Somebody apparently needs a new calendar.

Don't even remember what the fuck that was all about. Considering that's about the time Van Halen started their first tour in 23 years, I must have been in a good mood. I think Olo took all my jokes about Enumclaw a little too seriously or something.

Oh well.....

Thread Information