• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SuchGoodPhotog
    this is tough, but ill be ok as long as no one suggests a reunion with satchel on guitar.
    Even worse...Sammy suggesting Vic Johnson, Bassplayer, and Alex back him up...

I bet Alex is done. The catalog will constantly sell, just cash those checks.

Wolfgang will be the keeper of the stripes.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Waukena
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Rikk
      Irving Azoff confirmed today that they are already talking about looking in the 5150 vaults for possible material for a posthumous release. I thought it was kind of tasteless of that money-grubber to be already talking about posthumous releases with Ed still alive 72 hours ago...but yeah, if he's anything like Dhani Harrison, that's one way Wolfgang might deal with his grief. Of course, that just might be maddeningly difficult.
      Taken from: https://www.pollstar.com/article/irv...ng-soul-146599

(2nd to last paragraph):
      As for the possibility of unreleased recordings and future unheard music from the late musician, Azoff says it’s much too early to speculate. “Wolf and Alex will go up to 5150, the studio in Ed’s house, but there’s been a lot of recording over the years,” Azoff says. “I can’t predict that for sure there will be anything new, but for sure they’re going to look at it.”

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

I haven't checked into this old hotel in years and years...
        The passing of the GRATEST Guitarist ever sent a clarion call that couldn't be ignored.
        Having read both Noel Monk's & Ted Templeman's book this summer have given me a peace of mind regarding The Mighty Van Halen.
        I hope that Ed reached out to all the important people in his life...and career...and made amends or at least buried the hatchet.
        Watching that youtube of Mike & Spam made me realize 2 things:
        1.) Damn...Mike looks old & frail
        2.) Spam is just a dunce. A money grubbing dunderhead. I'm sure he had a true concern for Ed...be he always gets in his own way.
        Regardless...now & until the end...."DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN." I wish it wasn't so...but its the sad reality.
        Jay & I both came to the same awful realization after Ed's passing....we now live in a "Post Edward Van Halen World." I hate that fact. I hate that Ed is now a "deceased legend"...like Hendrix & Rhoads...and so many more.
        Farewell Edward Lodewijk Van Halen. Rest easy...you've more than earned it.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

I did see earlier today that in the past two days the Van Halen catalog sales jumped 6,000%. Downloads & actual sales of VAN HALEN I...take that Spam Sheepeople!
            BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF

The original Frankie is still alive, I don’t think he’ll be buried with Ed.
              FGT motherfuckin' H.

That first album is so lush and full of interesting sounds...but that's Trevor Horn and ZTT. I play it all the time.

Fun fact: the only show...ONLY...show EVER I wanted to see and wasn't able to get tickets for was Phil Collins No Jacket Required tour. We got to the Ticketmaster window just as they sold out. So we bought FGTH tickets instead. Weeks later we decided we didn't want to go. Flipped them for a profit.
              Last edited by twonabomber; 10-08-2020, 08:44 PM.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                Watching that youtube of Mike & Spam made me realize 2 things:
                1.) Damn...Mike looks old & frail
                Didnt Mikey have to bury a grandchild a couple years ago? That kind of thing can really age a Grandpa fast.

I seen it happen to my one of my own Gramps and he was so heartbroken he wore it on his face until he died.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I was listening to that yesterday. Did they actually play the original LET'S GET ROCKIN'? Not OUTTA SPACE? Wow.
                  Yeah! But the song/artist ID wasn't there, I think it still said Van Halen Tribute or something. Today on the way home I heard Loss Of Control, and the song ID wasn't on that one, either. So they must not EVER play it.

I had the top down (I bought a Gladiator Rubicon ) and heard Let's Get Rockin'. Had to turn it up, I thought it was Outta Space too. But then Bassplayer's vocals hit and I knew what it was.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

LOL fucking priceless, WARF ... you hit it out of the ballpark yet again

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

That's just fucking awesome.
                      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Yeah! But the song/artist ID wasn't there, I think it still said Van Halen Tribute or something. Today on the way home I heard Loss Of Control, and the song ID wasn't on that one, either. So they must not EVER play it.

I had the top down (I bought a Gladiator Rubicon ) and heard Let's Get Rockin'. Had to turn it up, I thought it was Outta Space too. But then Bassplayer's vocals hit and I knew what it was.
                        Amazing! How was the quality? Did it sound like it came from the bootleg we all have or did it sound like they were actually given a master tape?

Hell, I remember driving with my buddies with the top down (yes, I also had the top down listening to LET'S GET ROCKIN' in my buddy's Mustang) almost 20 years ago, blaring that on the highway. When it finished, my friend said, "That was awesome." He'd never heard it. I said simply: "Yup. They should get back together and put it on a real album." I remember thinking that for years. There's just something top down about that song.
                        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sound was pretty clean

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Irving Azoff confirmed today that they are already talking about looking in the 5150 vaults for possible material for a posthumous release. I thought it was kind of tasteless of that money-grubber to be already talking about posthumous releases with Ed still alive 72 hours ago...but yeah, if he's anything like Dhani Harrison, that's one way Wolfgang might deal with his grief. Of course, that just might be maddeningly difficult.
                            One thing that helped me when my Mom died was that I had to renovate the family house in order to get it in shape to sell. It took me 18 months, and I was glad to have something to keep my mind occupied.

Wolfy will have a lot to deal with, and keeping busy is good therapy at a time like this. Better than massive alcohol and drugs.
                            Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-08-2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• SuchGoodPhotog
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jun 2020

good points.
                              "Look, i'll pay you for it"

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                                Didnt Mikey have to bury a grandchild a couple years ago? That kind of thing can really age a Grandpa fast.

I seen it happen to my one of my own Gramps and he was so heartbroken he wore it on his face until he died.
                                Mike did lose a grandchild...and guess who donated to the charitable organization Mike was raising money for? Yup...our man DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH ponied up 10K! I remember Mike saying how touched he was & he even contacted Dave to thank him.

Comment

Working...