Thread: WHAT DID YOU PUT ON?...first 10 songs after hearing EVH RIP...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 487 Posts

WHAT DID YOU PUT ON?...first 10 songs after hearing EVH RIP...

I was completely shocked and floored yesterday, even though I knew it was coming. I haven't been feeling great...so, I didn't get the news until it was a few hours old (texts kept coming, I finally checked).

The first 10 songs I listened to...

1) 1984 - It was my first VH album...I was 8. This piece always makes me think of Eddie with a smoke and drink on his keyboard in 5150 in the middle of the night.
    2) JUMP - My first VH song...it changed my life. It's still pure magic to me.
    3) COULD THIS BE MAGIC? - "Edward...thank you." Yes, thank you. This song is my campfire special. I love it so much. "Could this turn tragic? You know that magic often does."
    4) ME WISE MAGIC - I'll never forget the goose-bumps I got when I first heard this...bittersweet as the experience was. The only problem with it is I still feel the rage I felt towards Eddie for screwing this up. The reunion would never be as magical again. I was half-as-excited when it finally happened 11 years later.
    5) LET'S GET ROCKIN' - I love the version on ADKOT (OUTTA SPACE), but this is still the best version. So...young. Eddie's solo is supreme.
    6) LIGHT UP THE SKY - This song makes me see stars. Eddie (and Alex) are so great...hell, Dave is amazing. And I love Mike's little "bum-buh da be da bum..." basslines in the soft part leading up to Eddie's fantastic solo from outta space.
    7) GIRL GONE BAD - The breakdown in the middle...the weird chords...Dave's vocals...Eddie soloing like a madman. One of their most under-rated songs.
    8) UNCHAINED - Just because. One of the greatest songs ever.
    9) YOU AND YOUR BLUES - I couldn't sleep last night. I got up in the middle of the night, went over to my iTunes and put this on. Twice. It was keeping me awake...those harmonies. I love it.
    10) HUMANS BEING - Yes...one Van Hagar song. I loved it then. I love it now. Easily the best song they did with him and maybe the only thing they did that approached their truly glorious days. Plus, they jam for like three minutes in the middle without Hagar singing a note.

I'm so fucking sad. I just can't believe this. It's not the pain of losing my son or anything...but it definitely has hit me like a ton of titanium bricks.

Goodbye, Eddie. I love you. You changed my life.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 4 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (10-18-2020),Seshmeister (10-07-2020),TJMKID (10-08-2020),Von Halen (10-07-2020)

Thread Information