I didn't see any threads on the Frankie Relic.

I have been strolling the guitar stores and stalking the internet sites thinking about buying at least one of the EVH Gear Striped Series guitars. Only in the last month, before Eddie's passing, everything is on backorder. I think we can attribute that to COVID. So I do not expect to see any EVH Gear Striped Series in stores anytime soon.

So I walked into Guitar Center in one of the armpits of CA, Sacramento, this last weekend. I really like to look at the Used Gear racks. They had a new Frankie Relic right out of the box behind the counter. I hesitated because really I wanted the Black & Yellow Bumblebee edition. I had an opportunity so I forked out the cash and walked away with a FrankenStrat.

I have to say, it plays pretty cool. Neck: I like the large radius fretboard and jumbo frets; the neck is satin finish, no gloss, thank you EVH. This is my first Floyd Rose, after playing guitar for 30+ years. The drop-D Tuna whatever is amazing. It drops a full step, in tune; and brings it back up a full step, in tune.

I ended up ordering the Bumblebee edition yesterday. I couldn't help myself. It's on backorder.

IMG_4485-1.jpg