X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

DLR to appear on CBS "Sunday Morning"

David Lee Roth is scheduled to be part of this weekend's CBS 'Sunday Morning' program, according to the CBS News website.
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

You would think Dave would have at least combed his hair and shaved for the interview. He looks like a slob

Preview: https://www.facebook.com/CBSSundayMo...related_videos

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
      You would think Dave would have at least combed his hair and shaved for the interview. He looks like a slob

When you are DLR, you do what ya want...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

He looks like a crazy artist which is exactly what he wants to look like.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

He looks like a sad old drunk who knows his voice is shot and is desperate to survive. His "art" are just renditions of matchbook cover send-in scams.

Next thing you know, Roth will be sending $50 off to someone to name a star after him.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            He looks like a sad old drunk who knows his voice is shot and is desperate to survive. His "art" are just renditions of matchbook cover send-in scams.

Next thing you know, Roth will be sending $50 off to someone to name a star after him.
            Serious question: WHY do you post here?
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

That poor old man! I guess he'll have to make due with the measly $50 million or so. Self-nullifying, stupid Karen...

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Dave has better hair than I do??
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                  When you are DLR, you do what ya want...
                  @Zahzoo, this answers your question about what DLR is doing with his art. "“My visual art is complaining; it’s graphic therapy. I say through my graphic art everything that a lot of folks say to the TV set when you don’t think anybody is actually listening.”

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by So this is love
                    Dave has better hair than I do??
                    I dunno. My first thought was "Jeezus, he looks like Phil Spector."
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The face fluff is not by any metric an attractive look.

It's all just a show of course, a new character.

He probably quickly switches to an Armani suit if he has a meeting about his Tattoo lotion.

You think given Dave's hair issues if he had gone full Howard Hughs it would look like that?

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

I am rather impressed with Dave's art. Yes, he went to Japan and took the disciplined classes in the ancient technique yadda yadda yadda (with respect haha) but what one needs to notice is his sense of balance and composition. Style wise he's morphing the Asian watercolor approach with the graffiti art he's fond of on the West Coast, meaning the graffiti art based work which one can find in galleries now... but it's how he allocates his space that's impressive
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

I'm impressed with him being able to sit or stand still and focus on one thing for a long while...

No explanations for the omnipresence of frogs in his works.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                            @Zahzoo, this answers your question about what DLR is doing with his art. "“My visual art is complaining; it’s graphic therapy. I say through my graphic art everything that a lot of folks say to the TV set when you don’t think anybody is actually listening.”
                            Actually you are spot on... the interview answered my questions and I find the medium he's working in fascinating... at least the layering of the ink sketching with the overlay of colors and how he's applying it.

My approach to music is very similar... I am drawn to certain songs and genres by the finished product... but my inner audio engineer finds the how it's made elements infinitely more interesting.

The complexity of creation has a beauty all in it's own...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Saw a comment where someone noted it was impressive that, at his age, Dave could work kneeling on the floor like that...

Being not too many years behind Dave in age... getting down there and working is the easy part. Getting back up, gracefully without cussing, groaning and tendons and bones popping is the real challenge...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...