03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries

EVH Tribute Oct 22 7:00 EDT

Pat Travers Posted this on Facebook...

Thursday Oct 22, 7:00pm EDT

Hey there. Make sure to tune in to Artists On Lockdown on FaceBook tomorrow evening Thursday October 22nd at 7:00 pm est. I'm going to be joining Carmine Appice and his brother Vinny along with some heavy hitting guitar sluggers with a discussion and tribute to Ed Van Halen who passed away from cancer last week. It should be an interesting roundtable so please put a reminder on your schedule.
    We've had a fantastic response to our livestream concert last Saturday night. The show is available for replay anytime if you missed it. Because of an inability (at the moment) to edit the pre-roll on the video you have to click on the "Stand By" post and then advance to the 1:51:00 mark. The event starts there. In lieu of not having any income from live shows we are welcoming contributions to help us to be able to produce future livestream events.
    One more thing...I am doing a Masterclass on Zoom sponsored by Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp on November 5th in the evening. We're limiting the face to face live interaction to 20 or 25 people but if you just want to watch you can do that as well. It's going to be great! I'm really looking forward to it and I have sketched out a lesson plan on some fundamentals for playing "Rock 'N' Roll" rhythm guitar. I'll post a link with all the info shortly. K?
    Thanks to everyone that tuned into the livestream and expect more shows in the future. Cheers! PT

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This looks ok...I like both Appice brothers (especially Carmine) though Vinny was great in Sabbath. Bruce Kulick is technically a good player (though he just doesn't fit KISS as well as Ace or even Vinnie Vincent). Rick Derringer put out so many good records in the 70s (and 60s). Never listened (at least I don't think I have) to Travers. I think Nugent's a complete fucking idiot (nothing against hunting, just some of the other things he's said and done), but I still have my Amboy Dukes and Ted albums from the 70s and I still think those are great records. I saw Steve Morse with Purple, front-row-center, about a year ago in Chicago. It was an unbelievable show. But Ritchie Blackmore is God to me and Morse just never really filled those shoes for me (I actually really like the album they did with Tommy Bolin).

Anyway, it could make for great discussion...though I'd rather a roundtable of people who worked more frequently with Ed. I know Brian May had a difficult year, health-wise, but his would be a great presence in such a discussion.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    You've probably heard Travers but didn't connect the name... His debut album came out in 1976... year I graduated high school. My personal favorite album is their 78 Live release Go For What You Know.

4. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (10-23-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I honestly had no idea Pat Travers was still alive.

Thread Information