X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Terry and Rikk, you should really watch what you're saying about Clichegar (even if it's true). That BIG WET STINKY PUSSY Bertt might try to ban you for life!
    Meh.

Just have no use for him or his site. Not even a hate thing. Just indifference. Doubtless he has no use for me, either.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      maybe we'll be banned from like the band???
      Like, we're not even allowed to listen to the band anymore?
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        In contrast, Dave didn't drag out an addiction-riddled Eddie on tour in 2007 unlike what Sam did in 2004.

The eventual 2007 tour was to begin in February of that year but was postponed because of Ed's issues. He entered rehab and of course the tour didnt begin until the fall of that year.

Early on it was a success, but at times Eddie still wasn't himself. The band took some more time off after shows in November until late January 2008 - by which time a whole new Eddie emerged. Vibrant, nailing every single solo and riff, etc. He was finally in good health.

Just goes to show you that Dave cared about Eddie and the band. Van Halen was Dave's baby as much as Eddies. He wanted to make it work.

For Sammy, Van Halen was just another project to make money. And he still did it with a sick Ed as well.

Ed was more than a bit fucked up at the Tampa gig I saw in 2008. I will say Ed did clean up for the tour, and the initial 2007 dates/leg showed Ed playing well. The 2008 dates were uneven far as Ed's playing went.

Ed didn't quite reach 100% on a consistent basis until the 2012 tour.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Rikk?

That was one of the greatest pieces of Roth Army theatrics I have ever seen.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

By the way, I remember that interview. That was back when I had a subscription.

Many (times a billion) kudos to Wolfy for everything.

Ed was an awesome guy. I feel absolutely devastated for Wolfy, Val and Janie.

His Dad left too soon. I at least got to have my Dad from the age of 0 until I was 51. Wolfy should have been given the same time frame.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Ironically, a stock pick I am looking at this morning has the stock code of GOED.

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Rikk?

That was one of the greatest pieces of Roth Army theatrics I have ever seen.
                "YOWSER!!!"

Muchas gracias, my amigo!!
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...