Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDDIE VAN HALEN's son, WOLFGANG, slams rumours he's replacing late dad in new lineup

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Post EDDIE VAN HALEN's son, WOLFGANG, slams rumours he's replacing late dad in new lineup

Eddie Van Halen's Son, Wolfgang, Slams Rumours He's Replacing Late Dad in New Band Lineup

Eddie Van Halen’s son Wolfgang has hit back at rumours he’s replacing his late father in the new Van Halen line-up.

Following the 65-year-old Van Halen co-founder’s death earlier this month, fans had been speculating that Wolfgang – currently the bassist for the band – could be taking over his dad’s position as lead guitarist.

The rumors were furthered by a Facebook post on a Wolfgang Van Halen Fan Page, which wrote that “there is a good strong possibility” of the job swap, and claimed to have information “from the VH camp” about the new line-up.

However, Wolfgang dismissed the speculation as a “s—ty lie” as he responded to a user called @MetalSludge sharing the Facebook post on Twitter.

“This is just a s—ty lie attempting to capitalize on these awful times,” he wrote. “Please stop with this. Anyone peddling this s—is not only hurting the fans, but hurting me and my family.”

The rumoured new formation of Van Halen shared on the fan page would see Sammy Hagar replace current lead David Lee Roth, with former bassist Michael Anthony stepping in to reprise his old role.

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...w-band-line-up
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

It's probably Clichegar perpetuating these rumors.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    It's probably Clichegar perpetuating these rumors.
    No kidding.

Spammy is a pathetic scumbag.

4. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-26-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

This reads like it came from the same "sources" that came up with the David Covercheese rumors back in 2000. Nobody wants to see Van Hagar again. Damned sure not Van Hagar with Wolfie on guitar.

6. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (10-26-2020)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    This reads like it came from the same "sources" that came up with the David Covercheese rumors back in 2000. Nobody wants to see Van Hagar again. Damned sure not Van Hagar with Wolfie on guitar.
    Exactly.

Even Irving Azoff knows Van Hagar ain't a money maker anymore. Which is partly why he never entertained any notion of a joint tour (with both singers) or any tour with Hagar again after 2004.

He knows CVH material is what overall the general concert going audience wanted to hear. This was again validated recently when Ed passed away what songs started getting the most streaming airplay and making the charts again. Among a dozen CVH songs only one Hagarita song showed up on that list (Why Cant This Be Love). And what albums re-entered the Billboard chart? The debut, 1984 and BOV1. ZERO Van Hagar albums. And I sincerely doubt Best of Volume 1 re entered the billboard chart because of the Hagar songs.

It must have gutted the Fat Cheeseball when Azoff confirmed that a full on CVH tour was indeed planned for 2019 as the farewell - not anything to do with Van Hagar. Lol
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 10-26-2020 at 02:41 PM.

8. 3 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (10-26-2020),Rikk (10-26-2020),Terry (10-27-2020)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Fukk the cheddar-poofter-klownhead-fool.

WINGS NOT RINGS

10. Thanked Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (10-27-2020)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Exactly.

Even Irving Azoff knows Van Hagar ain't a money maker anymore. Which is partly why he never entertained any notion of a joint tour (with both singers) or any tour with Hagar again after 2004.

He knows CVH material is what overall the general concert going audience wanted to hear. This was again validated recently when Ed passed away what songs started getting the most streaming airplay and making the charts again. Among a dozen CVH songs only one Hagarita song showed up on that list (Why Cant This Be Love). And what albums re-entered the Billboard chart? The debut, 1984 and BOV1. ZERO Van Hagar albums. And I sincerely doubt Best of Volume 1 re entered the billboard chart because of the Hagar songs.

It must have gutted the Fat Cheeseball when Azoff confirmed that a full on CVH tour was indeed planned for 2019 as the farewell - not anything to do with Van Hagar. Lol
    Anyway you look at it, sales, airplay and influence, it is the Roth era that has won that endless debate.
    It was that era that made Ed a legend.
    Hagar fans just refuse to accept that and that rumour just proves the point.
    To go back to Hagar and replace you own father when you actually were responsible for getting Dave and Ed to work together again?
    No fucking way Wolfgang would do that.
    Good for him for telling these rumour mongers to shut up.

12. 2 users say thank you to nick500 for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-27-2020),Terry (10-27-2020)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nick500 View Post
    Anyway you look at it, sales, airplay and influence, it is the Roth era that has won that endless debate.
    It was that era that made Ed a legend.
    Hagar fans just refuse to accept that and that rumour just proves the point.
    To go back to Hagar and replace you own father when you actually were responsible for getting Dave and Ed to work together again?
    No fucking way Wolfgang would do that.
    Good for him for telling these rumour mongers to shut up.
    Agreed.

Clearly, if the rumour didnt come out of the Hagar camp, it most likely came from a Van Hagar supporter.

Van Hagar fans are classless cunts.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed.

Clearly, if the rumour didnt come out of the Hagar camp, it most likely came from a Van Hagar supporter.

Van Hagar fans are classless cunts.
    I used to just think of them as pathetic. Clearly, we can see their lack of morals and the actual damage they do.

15. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (10-27-2020)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ed passed away.

Van Halen is over.

Can anybody honestly imagine the band even bothering to try and carry on as Van Halen without Eddie? Without even knowing any of the principals involved, I'd be willing to bet anything that neither Wolfgang, Alex nor Roth would even consider the notion.

Bit of a shame the 2019 CVH tour didn't happen. Would have been a positive way to cap off the band's career, by bringing it all back to where it started.

But, it wasn't to be.

I mean, what would be the point of the band continuing on without Eddie? For what purpose? Outside of money...as a fan of what the band did, why would anybody - CVH fan, Van Hagar fan, Van Cherone fan - want the band to continue as Van Halen without Eddie?

Fucking ridiculous.

17. 3 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

FORD (10-28-2020),Vinnie Velvet (10-28-2020),ZahZoo (10-28-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Ed passed away.

Van Halen is over.

Can anybody honestly imagine the band even bothering to try and carry on as Van Halen without Eddie? Without even knowing any of the principals involved, I'd be willing to bet anything that neither Wolfgang, Alex nor Roth would even consider the notion.

Bit of a shame the 2019 CVH tour didn't happen. Would have been a positive way to cap off the band's career, by bringing it all back to where it started.

But, it wasn't to be.

I mean, what would be the point of the band continuing on without Eddie? For what purpose? Outside of money...as a fan of what the band did, why would anybody - CVH fan, Van Hagar fan, Van Cherone fan - want the band to continue as Van Halen without Eddie?

Fucking ridiculous.
    It ain't Van Halen without David Lee Roth.

And it sure as shit ain't Van Halen without Eddie (or Alex) Van Halen.

19. 5 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

FORD (10-28-2020),Hardrock69 (10-29-2020),Terry (10-30-2020),Von Halen (10-28-2020),ZahZoo (10-28-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    It ain't Van Halen without David Lee Roth.

And it sure as shit ain't Van Halen without Eddie (or Alex) Van Halen.
    But...BUT...BUTT...

It's the Other Half with Sam and Mike!

I fear that's coming. Hagar can't resist the chance to cash in, all while claiming the fans want to see it. And standing in for EVH is...Vic Johnson?

21. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-28-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There are bands out there that are still touring under the original name, with zero original members. Hell, I think Molly Hatchet has had the replacements replacements dying off. The differences are, EVH is irreplaceable and the band is his last name.

I could see that piece of shit Clichegar doing a tour playing all Van Hagar material, and calling it Van Hagar. I wouldn't put anything past that scumbag, at this point.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    It's refreshing to see the old passions and purist perspectives that value Classic Van Halen™ alive and well here...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Hagar do something to capitalize or memorialize his Van Halen legacy... but on the other hand there's not a lot he can do that he hasn't already done.

That's mainly due to the fact that Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen hold the keys to the kingdom. The last 14 years or so Van Halen became a family owned and operated enterprise. I don't see that changing at all... given how private the family has become during that time to present... there may never even be any sort of public event/ceremony or whatever celebrating EVH's life and passing. At least not family produced or sanctioned.

Edward passed away over 3 weeks ago... other than some heart-felt family pictures and short commentary on social media. That's it... Every end of the music industry spectrum has publicly shared their grief... but beyond several virtual tributes no one's even mentioned doing anything remotely organized... as has typically happened historically.

I really wouldn't be surprised if nothing significant happened for a long time...

24. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-28-2020),Terry (10-30-2020),Von Halen (10-28-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As we have learned over the years, the Van Halen camp is extremely tight lipped, secretive and private. They are very good at keeping stuff close to the vest. I'm sure the family has done their own private thing. I have a feeling they may have done something more public had it not been for the Covid situation.

I actually prefer it this way. The last thing I want to see is Clichegar, or anyone else, at an EVH funeral, making it about themselves. Ironically, go back and look at the Dimebag thing. Ed and Zakk Wylde really made that more about themselves, than about Dimebag. Yes, it was a nice gesture for Ed to bury Dime with the Bumblebee guitar, as Dime was such a huge VH fan, but Ed and Zakk were wasted and it was an embarrassment. I don't need to see a bunch of celebrities trying to make EVH's passing, about them. Nor do I need to see a bunch of other musicians butcher the Van Halen material at some "Tribute Concert".

26. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-28-2020),Seshmeister (10-29-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I agree... no interest in seeing a bunch of self-centric musicians and Hollywood scum making a spectacle of Ed's death about themselves.

It's an odd thing... I always scoffed at the whacky spectacles when big pop stars like Elvis, John Lennon and Michael Jackson died. In some ways, Ed's passing is up there on that scale... just doesn't seem be a respectful and non-bullshit ceremony that doesn't come off as some half-assed crap available.

Covid has certainly changed the culture... but I also think weddings and funerals have become a total waste of time and money on the scale they had become...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    But...BUT...BUTT...

I fear that's coming. Hagar can't resist the chance to cash in, all while claiming the fans want to see it. And standing in for EVH is...Vic Johnson?
    McFagar is a piece of shit no doubt.

Ed's corpse was still fresh and the scumbag couldn't resist by talking about how he reconnected with Eddie via texts on Howard Stern.

And then he goes out and still does his stupid birthday bash thing.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It may not be needed but perhaps Alex, Wolf and Dave (the last lineup of the band) should release a joint statement officially declaring the end of Van Halen. Just so that Hagarites and other stupid rumor makers can stop with their bs.

Much like what Zeppelin did after Bonham passed.

30. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (10-29-2020)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But...BUT...BUTT...

He's already cashing in. Last year (only May), he was telling the press more stories of Eddie's drug use, wine-drinking...then would wait a month or so and then say he just wants to be friends with them.

I could also swear that earlier in 2020, he said a reunion was "inevitable" (around the beginning of the year...I looked it up weeks ago, but now my memory is failing)...you know, even though he's now saying he and Eddie were talking (Eddie saying "what took you so long?" ) and then the two of them agreeing to keep it quiet to not get fans "excited" about a reunion.

He's so full of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he were half the reason this story has gone out there.

Wolfgang seems to have quite a good head on his shoulders. I think, first off, he's mourning and in deep emotional pain. Secondly, I think the last thing he needs in his life after this tragedy is the pressure and ridicule that he'd face going out on stage night after night, replacing his father on guitar...and bringing the singer nobody wants (2004, anyone?) after a very successful decade with Dave.

I was going to attack a complete piece of shit YouTube poster called THE REAL MUSIC OBSERVER...just an absolute piece of shit who perpetuate lies and hides behind a no comments or thumbs setting for his videos...but I was thinking of making that its own thread. It is, however, pieces of shit like this guy that perpetuates crap like the story that broke this week.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

McFagar is a piece of shit no doubt.

Ed's corpse was still fresh and the scumbag couldn't resist by talking about how he reconnected with Eddie via texts on Howard Stern.

And then he goes out and still does his stupid birthday bash thing.
    Hagar is a Trumper. He actually attacked social-distancing online a few months ago and said concerts need to come back RIGHT NOW. He, of course, tried to retract his comments like a pussy...but Hagar couldn't care less about his audience.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I believe this all rides on Alex for the most part... he's got to be the controlling entity in VH from a business perspective.

When was the last time Alex spoke publicly on anything..?

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's already cashing in. Last year (only May), he was telling the press more stories of Eddie's drug use, wine-drinking...then would wait a month or so and then say he just wants to be friends with them.

I could also swear that earlier in 2020, he said a reunion was "inevitable" (around the beginning of the year...I looked it up weeks ago, but now my memory is failing)...you know, even though he's now saying he and Eddie were talking (Eddie saying "what took you so long?" ) and then the two of them agreeing to keep it quiet to not get fans "excited" about a reunion.

He's so full of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he were half the reason this story has gone out there.

Wolfgang seems to have quite a good head on his shoulders. I think, first off, he's mourning and in deep emotional pain. Secondly, I think the last thing he needs in his life after this tragedy is the pressure and ridicule that he'd face going out on stage night after night, replacing his father on guitar...and bringing the singer nobody wants (2004, anyone?) after a very successful decade with Dave.

I was going to attack a complete piece of shit YouTube poster called THE REAL MUSIC OBSERVER...just an absolute piece of shit who perpetuate lies and hides behind a no comments or thumbs setting for his videos...but I was thinking of making that its own thread. It is, however, pieces of shit like this guy that perpetuates crap like the story that broke this week.
    That REAL MUSIC OBSERVER is a douchebag yes.

Youtube is a cesspool of shits attacking Dave left right and center - heck even attacking him on old concert videos when CVH was laying waste to everything else at the time.

I dont get it.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

I made a comment on Facebook as to how shameless Sammy is with the recurring Eddie related tidbits about allegedly texting and passing notes before he died - and effectively repeating the story from a different angle in order to get his fat cuckhold ass in the rock media again. Some Hagaita commented that Sammy had way more class than Ed, I told him Sam is a tick on Ed's dead ballsack!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed. I first stumbled on this guy when I was following Tulsi Gabbard and hoping she would win the DNC nomination. He had a channel dedicated to her. (Turns out even she is a duplicitous and cowardly piece of shit by folding under pressure to endorse Sleepy Creepy Joe after she trashed him non stop. She had me fooled. She's a typical politician piece of shit who doesn't stand by her false principles and only wants to salvage what's left of her career. Good news is that her career is over. She lost to karma)

Anyway, The City of Pasadena is planning some sort of memorial fixture for Eddie. It would be nice to see that happen with a brief ceremony with Dave, Alex, Wolf an yes, even Sammy (to be fair he was in the band as long as DLR). Say a few words, Christen the memorial and then leave it at that.

The music is the real memorial.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I made a comment on Facebook as to how shameless Sammy is with the recurring Eddie related tidbits about allegedly texting and passing notes before he died - and effectively repeating the story from a different angle in order to get his fat cuckhold ass in the rock media again. Some Hagaita commented that Sammy had way more class than Ed, I told him Sam is a tick on Ed's dead ballsack!
    Wait a minute? The asshole claimed Sam had way more class than Ed?? WHAT THE FUCK??

Sam was literally spouting off to the press in 2019 AGAIN about Eddie's drinking and other shit...just to get his name in the paper. Ed kept silent.

Since the 2004 embarrassment, he hasn't slammed Sam AT ALL (that I know of). He wouldn't even talk about him during all interviews for the reunion tours, A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH, any of it.

The only thing I heard Ed say related (indirectly) to Sam when asked about Dave doing another tour with the band was basically that he knows that the audience at this point kind of expects Dave in the band. That is the audience-approved and expected singer...and Ed is happy to oblige. He also, when promoting A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH, talked (as if it being a breath of fresh air) about how funny and smart so many of the lyrics on the album are. And he was right. If someone wants to see that as slamming Sam, so be it. But Eddie didn't need to name names, dish dirt, etc., in order to actually say what's up.

Ed didn't need such INSIDE EDITION-style bullshit to stay relevant. Sam's probably now waiting around for Al to die so he can, again, find ways to get himself in the press with tributes and claims that they had gotten so close.

Classless lyric-hack.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    His is the most disgusting music "channel" I've seen on YouTube in years. Constant lies, no opportunity to contradict anything he says or criticize him because he turns off comments (before that he would erase comments he didn't like). He also turns off THUMBS DOWN. Seriously! And his stuff is all lies: actually claiming that Ed & Al were only silent these years because Dave's tour that started in 2019/2020 was embarrassing them. He posted this as news maybe 9 months ago...plus (I think I mentioned) the picture of Ed at the car dealership cropped to remove the fan with a claim then that it was a pic of Ed at the doctor. And his claim (from a quote last year) that Wolfgang hates Dave. No evidence. Complete bullshit. How does he know? He's even fanned the flames that Wolfgang has invited Sam back to the band to reform because this guy doesn't believe in ANY evidence and hates Dave that much. He is the worst thing on YouTube.

I first stumbled on this guy when I was following Tulsi Gabbard and hoping she would win the DNC nomination. He had a channel dedicated to her. (Turns out even she is a duplicitous and cowardly piece of shit by folding under pressure to endorse Sleepy Creepy Joe after she trashed him non stop. She had me fooled. She's a typical politician piece of shit who doesn't stand by her false principles and only wants to salvage what's left of her career. Good news is that her career is over. She lost to karma)
    I was wary of her based on her previous comments about gay rights. But I gave her a chance. I can't believe the complete piece of shit she turned out to be. A complete politician and a true conservative asshole in hiding. She never had a chance, but can you imagine how frightening she would have been had she tricked us all and then won?? I hate her now too. You're right: her career is over!! Ain't karma a bitch?

Anyway, The City of Pasadena is planning some sort of memorial fixture for Eddie. It would be nice to see that happen with a brief ceremony with Dave, Alex, Wolf an yes, even Sammy (to be fair he was in the band as long as DLR). Say a few words, Christen the memorial and then leave it at that.
    This will surprise you, considering how pro-Dave I come out...but the truth is, I agree with you. Sam should be there. I don't pretend he was never in the band.

I watched LIVE WITHOUT A NET last weekend (after getting through so many of my other VH concerts in our basement home theater) and (attack me, I don't give a fuck) really enjoyed it. Sam comes off as really stupid in parts, but nothing compared to how stupid he would get as the years went on. That home video has some amazing Ed playing on it. Plus, it was the band's first official home video (though they sure missed the fucking boat by not releasing the VAN HALEN II or FAIR WARNING concerts shot on film...and REALLY should have released a concert, shot on film, of the amazing 1984 tour). Anyway, Sam recorded on four albums. So many stupid lyrics. Some really lame-sounding melodies. But not everything he did was unlistenable. There were moments here and there. There are a few songs Dave would have simply refused to sing (e.g. LOVE WALKS IN) and Sam did a very typical (successful for the time) power ballad vocal. What he pulled off on "5150" (the song) actually works for me. For most of the Sam's time with the band, though, there's barely a song I hear that I don't sit and wonder how Dave would have bettered it. But yes, Sam was there for four albums. I never felt like protesting when he got in the HALL OF SHAME with the band (Mikey sure as hell deserved to get in there). Sam should be there when they unveil a statue. It would be interesting to see him standing there with Dave (if he bothers showing, who knows?), Wolf, Alex...

The one thing that worries me is if Sam shows up to something like the Pasadena tribute and Dave doesn't...and Sam is standing there with Alex and Wolf. That's a bad sign. That's a sign that if Alex & Wolf actually do go about eventually trying to construct a posthumous Ed album from the absolutely shit-ton of outtakes the band has (I've been doing a LOT of research on this the last three weeks...and the amount of even MINIMUM leftover songs with finished Ed guitar on them in staggering...let alone all the shit he was doing holed up with Alex when the band WASN'T cutting full albums in 5150) is staggering. I would absolutely be devastated if Dave doesn't resume a good relationship with the Van Halens and ends up either disinterested or not invited to put vocals on new old Van Halen tracks to make up a new album. Ed chose the singer he wanted to keep working with. It was Dave. He outright said so many times the last 13 years. If they do further albums (and it's sure looking like that's the plan...and Rolling Stones and other mags keep pointing out from sources and quotes by Ed himself how much is left), I pray it's Dave on those albums. If not, I'd almost rather instrumental albums than some hodge-podge of shit with Sam coming down to sing about how big (small) his penis is, how much he likes the shape of worms in his tequila and how much fun it is to eat Mexican food before taking a shit and...gee...isn't it fun and dandy to be in love? Just shut the fuck up, old man...you have NO IMAGINATION.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am cuntsidering starting a YouTube channel for reBUTTals to Real (Dumb) Music Observer. Maybe Eddie Trunk, too.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

I was wary of her based on her previous comments about gay rights. But I gave her a chance. I can't believe the complete piece of shit she turned out to be. A complete politician and a true conservative asshole in hiding. She never had a chance, but can you imagine how frightening she would have been had she tricked us all and then won?? I hate her now too. You're right: her career is over!! Ain't karma a bitch?

I didn't care about her past views as she is entitled to them. She let me down when she endorsed that creep Biden just to go with the party demands. She folded to Pelosi and demonstrated she has no principles. That was the disappointment. But she had me fooled all along until then.

Anyway, VHND has imaged copies of the Pasadena city council minutes where they are floating memorial ideas. They mention having a statue or some other monument of the whole band as the pride of Pasadena (my words, but that is the general idea).

That would really piss of Sammy

I really would love to see Dave get out there and do some sort of outdoor adventure live podcast. He is still fit and as far as I know still hitting the outdoors. Put on a body cam and make a show out of the kayaking, jungle treks, mountains, etc. Or even add in some old war stories. Nothing to do with music. We don't need to hear the same rock stories we've all heard a million times.

And of course release the John 5 album. I really don't care about seeing Dave on stage anymore. He is long over the hill in that regard.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am cuntsidering starting a YouTube channel for reBUTTals to Real (Dumb) Music Observer. Maybe Eddie Trunk, too.
    Honestly, it's not a bad idea. He's a walking cheese-spouting lie-machine. He needs to be shut up.

He takes dishonesty and Dave-hate to honestly psychotic levels.

I'd be onboard with anything to shit on RMO or Eddie Trunk. They're both ripe, stinky cunts.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2020 @ 08:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yes on that. Chris Cornell's funeral is a good example. Looked to me like all those celebs just wanted to be seen boo-hoo-ing for the camera's. I think the Van Halen family has way more class than that.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Trunk is even worse.

That cunt is so in love with Sammy/Van Hagar its unbelievable.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Anyway, The City of Pasadena is planning some sort of memorial fixture for Eddie. It would be nice to see that happen with a brief ceremony with Dave, Alex, Wolf an yes, even Sammy (to be fair he was in the band as long as DLR).
    Nope he was in Van Halen half as long.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pimpnnt View Post
    Yes on that. Chris Cornell's funeral is a good example. Looked to me like all those celebs just wanted to be seen boo-hoo-ing for the camera's. I think the Van Halen family has way more class than that.
    Chris Cornell's death is the only other music death in the last bunch of years that hit me this hard. Yes, I was upset with Bowie, Prince, etc. But Cornell...that was unexpected...and I'm a MASSIVE fan.

In the middle of his solo concert I was at in 2009 (amazing concert...really gave the fans material from every single era of his career: Soundgarden, Audioslave, solo, Temple of the Dog...amazing fucking show)...in the middle of the show, I was in front row with my at-the-time fiancé (now wife), and I caught Chris' attention as he was standing right in front of me. I passed up my CD cover of his 1st solo album (EUPHORIA MOURNING, my favorite Chris album of all time...one of my favorite albums of all time). I also passed up a pen. He looked down at me and said into the mic: "Hi. In the middle of my concert, you want me to sign your copy of my album. I'm in the middle of a concert." I called up: "Chris, you're the greatest. Please sign this." He looked at the audience, smiled, grabbed the pen and said, "You got it." He signed the album, passed it back to me, shook my hand...and the whole place erupted. Absolutely erupted. Fans were patting on my back, saying, "Amazing score. Cornell is the coolest!" A couple more times after that, he caught my eye during the show and just gave me this kind smile before continuing to sing. Amazing guy.

I was absolutely gutted that he died and that he killed himself. Saw him live solo three times (including the amazing SONGBOOK acoustic tour), twice with Soundgarden. He was one of the greatest writers and singers of my generation (well, he was quite a bit older than me...but you know what I mean).

When he died, there were some classy friends he had (Brad Pitt, Josh Brolin) and then some people seeking the limelight. His wife has also done some questionable things afterwards...but considering how tough it was to deal with certain people's bullshit in the light of the tragedy my wife & I endured, I try not to make too many judgments of people in such situations. That said, I still can't believe she's at war with Soundgarden over his vocals for the proposed FINAL Soundgarden album that really should have been out by now. I hope that shit gets cleared up. I'd love to hear it.

Goddamn, too many of my idols are dying. I was also a bit Scott Weiland/STP fan. But Scott's death was a little more...predictable.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Nope he was in Van Halen half as long.
    YUP!

Actually, was it even less than that? I'm a Math teacher...doing some simple math here...

DAVE
    1973-1985 (was it '73 or '74?...I thought he joined the brothers in '73): 12 years
    2006-2015: 9 years
    (I'll be generous to Sam and not count '96 for Dave since it was only a few months...and I won't count 2015-2020 because he may have been their singer but they did nothing)

CHEESEHEAD CUNT
    1985-1996: 11 years
    2004: 1 year
    (I'm again being generous to Sam because he wasn't in the band a full year in 2004...wasn't it like February or something to October? These were the months I came to the Army full-time and lots of sheep were heading here to try and "rub our noses in it" that their "singer" of choice was in the band...we all know how good that was)

OK...Sesh was right. Approximately half as long. 21 years to 12 years...about half for Sam, especially if you count the few months Dave was in the band in '96.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Trunk is even worse.

That cunt is so in love with Sammy/Van Hagar its unbelievable.
    OK, I just realized how long this reply is...but fuck it. I don't give a shit.

Trunk is plain lying. I've heard his same tired speech about how "bored" he was at the 1984 Tour show he was maybe five times. Just shut up, Trunk. I know you prefer Sammy because you identify with him more...you both being really fat and unattractive. But seriously? 1984 Tour boring? He still claims that almost half the show was solo portions for each member of the band. It's absolute crap. Every headlining VH show in history before Wolf joined had the drum solo, bass solo, guitar solo...and then, yeah, Dave rapped to the audience an amount and did his sword-swishy thing on the 1984 Tour while Ed played synth...but Sam would (during most of his tours with the band, even, I think, the reunion tour) do his "solo spot," playing one of his boring solo songs on acoustic guitar, usually only after some part with him blathering on about what the real meaning of love is or something like that or discussing the deep, philosophical meaning of said solo shit nugget he was about to play.

Trunk just doesn't understand Dave's lyrics. He doesn't understand Dave's persona. He doesn't understand anything beyond the metal/melodic hard-rock genre. He literally listens to nothing outside said genre. I remember him talking once about having Little Steven on his show and Steven giving Trunk free tickets to the Springsteen show the next night in Jersey...Trunk went and then told Steven he didn't enjoy the show. "I just don't enjoy music that isn't based on riffs. I don't like music that isn't hard rock, songs based on just melodies and chord-progressions."

I'm not saying everyone here needs to like Springsteen. Hell no, I'm sure many of you don't. I listen to maybe 500 bands besides Van Halen. And I'm into things way outside of the VH-style music world: classical, jazz, old blues, soundtrack music, Johnny Cash, The Doors, Beastie Boys, Bowie, The Kinks, Beatles, Queens of the Stone Age, Dead Kennedys, Lynyrd Skynyrd (the original, not the Sean Hannity-inspired crap they put out these days with one original member), Grateful Dead, James Brown, Beach Boys, Iggy Pop...and on and on and on. I like KC & The Sunshine Band, for Christ's sake. Dave was highly-influenced by some of that music. I feel no shame in it. I don't attack people who listen to things outside what is considered the genre in which Van Halen resides. But knowing how limited Trunk's tastes are, it sure as shit doesn't surprise me that so much of Dave's act goes right over his fat head.

Trunk doesn't understand irony. He doesn't understand an approach that dances around saying you want to drink the drink. Or fuck the chick. Or drive the car. Dave says all those things...but he says them with style...he takes his time and people with small brains don't realize when he's actually started drinking the drink. Or fucking the chick. Or driving the car across Sammy Hagar's lawn at a high-speed, tearing up the turf.

The Dave lyrics, they go right over Trunk's inflated head (and straight into mine)...
    . When I listen to LITTLE GUITARS, I marvel at how much I'm still interpreting from those lyrics, ideas I missed before. And "Can't crow before I'm out of the woods but there's exceptions to the rule" is one of the best lines ever written in rock 'n' roll.
    . Every time I listen to SHE'S THE WOMAN (the new version), I still giggle when I get to the line: "She wanted something to regret, tomorrow morning."
    . PANAMA is about cars. But it's written about cars with style. Sammy writes something with no depth, no irony like I CAN'T DRIVE 55. The meaning of the song does not go past the title. Sam gets an idea, usually one already sung about in rock 'n' roll a million times...and then just goes with it. He doesn't go past the idea. He just sings three verses and a chorus all saying the same thing. No depth. No wit. No new ideas. No twist. No turn. There are lots of rock 'n' roll songs that are "what you see is what you get"-style when it comes to the lyrics. That's fine. But losing a great lyricist and then getting someone devoid of style...your smart audience will notice and care. I've always noticed that whenever I meet someone who actually prefers Sam, they tend to not read books (or if they do, they're pulp-style kinda writing...quantity over quality style-writing).

When Sam sings about sex, it's BLACK 'N' BLUE. It's a very catchy song, I'll admit...but the lyrics could be bettered by a 12-year-old.

"The harder the better, let's do it 'til we're black and blue, you never know when love will come..."

Really, Sam? Seriously? You never know when love will come? I get it. You're riding bareback. Or, you have to fuck her really hard before you come. I guess that's it?

"Slip and slide, push it in. Bitch sure got the rhythm. I'm holding back, yeah, I got control."

Yes, you're such a man. Seriously, do guys really think women hear this shit and cream themselves? Fuck, I don't know. I wasn't having sex yet in 1988. Maybe women creamed themselves when men said that their bitch knew how to keep up a good rhythm when their man was fucking them really hard inside their vagina. Maybe women would cream themselves at a man making sure they knew that the men has got control, but if I tried saying some of this shit to my wife, she'd fucking laugh at me.

UP FOR BREAKFAST: "She treat me like a personal Jesus!"

OK, so you're quoting Depeche Mode, thinking it makes you sound well-read or something just because Johnny Cash also recorded it? Well, first off, that song is not about a woman treating her man really well, like he's a god and can have all the sex (and food) that he wants because he's so fucking awesome!! It's about someone being Jesus in someone else's eyes because the mortal supposed-messiah gives said messiah-seeker the hope and care they may be lacking in the rest of his or her life. Sam seems to read it as his becoming a sort of Jeffrey Epstein, a man-God to whom a woman will give said "Jesus" all the sex and power the receiver could ever desire...and it's really fucking awesome.

"Got the finger, put it right there on the trigger, well, pump it up, pump it up, baby make it bigger."

OK, Sam...she will make it bigger for you and then you will be really hard before you begin to fuck her.

"Well, I'll go crazy, pumping it up, pumping it up...it's gonna heal you!"

Dude, you were like 56-years-old when you wrote this shite!!

"Put that butter on my biscuit (honey to my melons), cherries on bananas, gonna need a second helping..."

HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE LISTEN TO THIS SHIT NOW AND THINK THE WORLD IS MISSING IT???

"I don't need the back door open, hot tub loosen up, baby's been soaking, been tokin', been sippin', slip flop slippin up, got me dripping..."

SERIOUSLY, I'M GOING TO FUCKING THROW UP!! THE IMAGES THIS SONG IS GIVING ME ARE MAKING WE WANT TO FUCKING VOMIT ALL OVER MY LIVING ROOM!!!

"Keeping it up pumping it up, pumping it up...it's gonna KILL YOU!" WHAT THE FUCK?? Your dick is gonna KILL her??? What do you do with that tiny thing? Sharpen it? Holy shit! HOLY SHIT!!

When Dave sings about sex, it's SINNER'S SWING.

"You'd be sitting pretty, but you try to take the Fifth."

Or when you think he's getting to the point (when Dave swears, he means it and it sounds dangerous), singing, "She looks so fucking good," he then follows it up with "so sexy and so frail."

So frail? Holy shit! I mean, he's describing the look in her eyes, his own perceived strength and yet his own insecurity. And her frailty is a lie. It's just a song about sex...but you can actually read the lyrics and in several spots try and guess what the narrator is really thinking...what's the actual relationship or game between the narrator and his object of desire. It's got style. It looks like something he actually worked on. He's creative.

This all goes over Trunk's head (and Redheads' heads.)

Trunk criticizes Roth the same way cheesehead-fans do: he criticizes Roth not looking or sounding the way he used to. That's all they have.

"Roth is balding."

"Roth can't sing anymore!"

I could give a shit if he's balding. Cheesehead was thin in LWAN, now he's fat as the walrus in Track 6 of the MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR album. That doesn't speak to the quality difference between the two singers. It's just a physical description of Sam's increasing ugliness. Cheesehead-fans tend to look for such things when comparing the singers. They claim that Dave can't sing anymore...but I'm sorry, he still can sing. His voice has diminished at about the same rate as other singers in rock 'n' roll (Robert Plant over 40 years has changed so much...but when people tell me he can't sing anymore, I just roll my eyes...he's in his older bluesman stage now and it works for me). Watching some of the 2004 VH tour (and this was 16 years ago), Sam could NOT sing anywhere near where he did in 1986. Not even close.

People claiming that Dave can't sing anymore are plain lying. I've heard plenty of examples of him singing with style and attitude and hitting many notes. TOKYO DOME is not perfect, but some of his performances, he kicks ass and pulls off the lyrics/melodies/rhythms just fine (yes, I know...he fucks up HEAR ABOUT IT LATER). Sham fans use this as their main attack. It's all they have. They know they can't attack Dave's lyrics...certainly not when compared to Sham's. Trunk will claim Dave is the one who doesn't sing his lyrics and just dances. Bullshit. Sham hands off half the lyrics to the audience or to Mikey. He sang less and less every tour. Clearly, Trunk has never heard live tapes of the old band. Dave made it a show. I would actually argue that Dave sang more lyrics in his three Wolf/reunion tours than he did in many of the tours in the old days. NO. It's a bullshit argument. If Cheesehead fans try and argue that Cheesehead had the better lyrics, it shows their education level or mentality. Sham is the Junior High School kids laughing in the locker room. Dave is the guy in the locker room making the others laugh, often with several books taking up room in his locker. If they try and argue who looked cooler on stage, they lose. Dave knows how to dance. Sham looks like a drunk, white guy trying to dance (for the first time in ten years) at his own wedding...at best. THE WAR IS OVER. WE WON.

Trunk continues his schtick. He's pissed off many bands. Some fans are tired of his opinions. I've said it before: If this is what you do for a living, how are you helping your career by STILL trying to convince people that Sam is better than Dave when that's become pretty much an over argument to the majority, including the band? I bet we're going to reach a point at which the average Joe on the street who remembers Van Halen or knows there was a band called Van Halen only remembers some singer named Dave. The other years are fading from the public consciousness because they really have no staying power.
    Last edited by Rikk; 10-29-2020 at 05:02 PM.

48. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (10-30-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It will be fun to watch how the Red Retread proceeds since his main source for getting into the news is gone. This has to leave a huge void.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    This has to leave a huge void.
    Kind of like the gap between the teeth of that fake DLR guy up in Canada. Anyone remember that jack leg who kept popping up in bars claiming to be Dave? He got pulled over too and claimed he had an allergic reaction to nuts.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

OK...Sesh was right. Approximately half as long. 21 years to 12 years...about half for Sam, especially if you count the few months Dave was in the band in '96.
    I would argue Dave was the singer of Van Halen until the end in 2019.

52. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (10-30-2020)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    It will be fun to watch how the Red Retread proceeds since his main source for getting into the news is gone. This has to leave a huge void.
    Nah. Now Hagar can say whatever he wants about Ed, with no chance of Ed refuting Sam's claims.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

His is the most disgusting music "channel" I've seen on YouTube in years. Constant lies, no opportunity to contradict anything he says or criticize him because he turns off comments (before that he would erase comments he didn't like). He also turns off THUMBS DOWN. Seriously! And his stuff is all lies: actually claiming that Ed & Al were only silent these years because Dave's tour that started in 2019/2020 was embarrassing them. He posted this as news maybe 9 months ago...plus (I think I mentioned) the picture of Ed at the car dealership cropped to remove the fan with a claim then that it was a pic of Ed at the doctor. And his claim (from a quote last year) that Wolfgang hates Dave. No evidence. Complete bullshit. How does he know? He's even fanned the flames that Wolfgang has invited Sam back to the band to reform because this guy doesn't believe in ANY evidence and hates Dave that much. He is the worst thing on YouTube.

This will surprise you, considering how pro-Dave I come out...but the truth is, I agree with you. Sam should be there. I don't pretend he was never in the band.

I watched LIVE WITHOUT A NET last weekend (after getting through so many of my other VH concerts in our basement home theater) and (attack me, I don't give a fuck) really enjoyed it. Sam comes off as really stupid in parts, but nothing compared to how stupid he would get as the years went on. That home video has some amazing Ed playing on it. Plus, it was the band's first official home video (though they sure missed the fucking boat by not releasing the VAN HALEN II or FAIR WARNING concerts shot on film...and REALLY should have released a concert, shot on film, of the amazing 1984 tour). Anyway, Sam recorded on four albums. So many stupid lyrics. Some really lame-sounding melodies. But not everything he did was unlistenable. There were moments here and there. There are a few songs Dave would have simply refused to sing (e.g. LOVE WALKS IN) and Sam did a very typical (successful for the time) power ballad vocal. What he pulled off on "5150" (the song) actually works for me. For most of the Sam's time with the band, though, there's barely a song I hear that I don't sit and wonder how Dave would have bettered it. But yes, Sam was there for four albums. I never felt like protesting when he got in the HALL OF SHAME with the band (Mikey sure as hell deserved to get in there). Sam should be there when they unveil a statue. It would be interesting to see him standing there with Dave (if he bothers showing, who knows?), Wolf, Alex...

The one thing that worries me is if Sam shows up to something like the Pasadena tribute and Dave doesn't...and Sam is standing there with Alex and Wolf. That's a bad sign. That's a sign that if Alex & Wolf actually do go about eventually trying to construct a posthumous Ed album from the absolutely shit-ton of outtakes the band has (I've been doing a LOT of research on this the last three weeks...and the amount of even MINIMUM leftover songs with finished Ed guitar on them in staggering...let alone all the shit he was doing holed up with Alex when the band WASN'T cutting full albums in 5150) is staggering. I would absolutely be devastated if Dave doesn't resume a good relationship with the Van Halens and ends up either disinterested or not invited to put vocals on new old Van Halen tracks to make up a new album. Ed chose the singer he wanted to keep working with. It was Dave. He outright said so many times the last 13 years. If they do further albums (and it's sure looking like that's the plan...and Rolling Stones and other mags keep pointing out from sources and quotes by Ed himself how much is left), I pray it's Dave on those albums. If not, I'd almost rather instrumental albums than some hodge-podge of shit with Sam coming down to sing about how big (small) his penis is, how much he likes the shape of worms in his tequila and how much fun it is to eat Mexican food before taking a shit and...gee...isn't it fun and dandy to be in love? Just shut the fuck up, old man...you have NO IMAGINATION.
    Wasn't there a rumor that VH had filmed a complete 1984 show and was planning to release it during the next tour before the whole shithouse burned up in 85'? And LWAN replaced it?

Thread Information