EDDIE VAN HALEN's son, WOLFGANG, slams rumours he's replacing late dad in new lineup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I agree... no interest in seeing a bunch of self-centric musicians and Hollywood scum making a spectacle of Ed's death about themselves.

It's an odd thing... I always scoffed at the whacky spectacles when big pop stars like Elvis, John Lennon and Michael Jackson died. In some ways, Ed's passing is up there on that scale... just doesn't seem be a respectful and non-bullshit ceremony that doesn't come off as some half-assed crap available.

Covid has certainly changed the culture... but I also think weddings and funerals have become a total waste of time and money on the scale they had become...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      But...BUT...BUTT...

It's the Other Half with Sam and Mike!

I fear that's coming. Hagar can't resist the chance to cash in, all while claiming the fans want to see it. And standing in for EVH is...Vic Johnson?
      McFagar is a piece of shit no doubt.

Ed's corpse was still fresh and the scumbag couldn't resist by talking about how he reconnected with Eddie via texts on Howard Stern.

And then he goes out and still does his stupid birthday bash thing.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It may not be needed but perhaps Alex, Wolf and Dave (the last lineup of the band) should release a joint statement officially declaring the end of Van Halen. Just so that Hagarites and other stupid rumor makers can stop with their bs.

Much like what Zeppelin did after Bonham passed.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

But...BUT...BUTT...

It's the Other Half with Sam and Mike!

I fear that's coming. Hagar can't resist the chance to cash in, all while claiming the fans want to see it. And standing in for EVH is...Vic Johnson?
          He's already cashing in. Last year (only May), he was telling the press more stories of Eddie's drug use, wine-drinking...then would wait a month or so and then say he just wants to be friends with them.

I could also swear that earlier in 2020, he said a reunion was "inevitable" (around the beginning of the year...I looked it up weeks ago, but now my memory is failing)...you know, even though he's now saying he and Eddie were talking (Eddie saying "what took you so long?" ) and then the two of them agreeing to keep it quiet to not get fans "excited" about a reunion.

He's so full of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he were half the reason this story has gone out there.

Wolfgang seems to have quite a good head on his shoulders. I think, first off, he's mourning and in deep emotional pain. Secondly, I think the last thing he needs in his life after this tragedy is the pressure and ridicule that he'd face going out on stage night after night, replacing his father on guitar...and bringing the singer nobody wants (2004, anyone?) after a very successful decade with Dave.

I was going to attack a complete piece of shit YouTube poster called THE REAL MUSIC OBSERVER...just an absolute piece of shit who perpetuate lies and hides behind a no comments or thumbs setting for his videos...but I was thinking of making that its own thread. It is, however, pieces of shit like this guy that perpetuates crap like the story that broke this week.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
            McFagar is a piece of shit no doubt.

Ed's corpse was still fresh and the scumbag couldn't resist by talking about how he reconnected with Eddie via texts on Howard Stern.

And then he goes out and still does his stupid birthday bash thing.
            Hagar is a Trumper. He actually attacked social-distancing online a few months ago and said concerts need to come back RIGHT NOW. He, of course, tried to retract his comments like a pussy...but Hagar couldn't care less about his audience.
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I believe this all rides on Alex for the most part... he's got to be the controlling entity in VH from a business perspective.

When was the last time Alex spoke publicly on anything..?
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                He's already cashing in. Last year (only May), he was telling the press more stories of Eddie's drug use, wine-drinking...then would wait a month or so and then say he just wants to be friends with them.

I could also swear that earlier in 2020, he said a reunion was "inevitable" (around the beginning of the year...I looked it up weeks ago, but now my memory is failing)...you know, even though he's now saying he and Eddie were talking (Eddie saying "what took you so long?" ) and then the two of them agreeing to keep it quiet to not get fans "excited" about a reunion.

He's so full of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he were half the reason this story has gone out there.

Wolfgang seems to have quite a good head on his shoulders. I think, first off, he's mourning and in deep emotional pain. Secondly, I think the last thing he needs in his life after this tragedy is the pressure and ridicule that he'd face going out on stage night after night, replacing his father on guitar...and bringing the singer nobody wants (2004, anyone?) after a very successful decade with Dave.

I was going to attack a complete piece of shit YouTube poster called THE REAL MUSIC OBSERVER...just an absolute piece of shit who perpetuate lies and hides behind a no comments or thumbs setting for his videos...but I was thinking of making that its own thread. It is, however, pieces of shit like this guy that perpetuates crap like the story that broke this week.
                That REAL MUSIC OBSERVER is a douchebag yes.

Youtube is a cesspool of shits attacking Dave left right and center - heck even attacking him on old concert videos when CVH was laying waste to everything else at the time.

I dont get it.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I made a comment on Facebook as to how shameless Sammy is with the recurring Eddie related tidbits about allegedly texting and passing notes before he died - and effectively repeating the story from a different angle in order to get his fat cuckhold ass in the rock media again. Some Hagaita commented that Sammy had way more class than Ed, I told him Sam is a tick on Ed's dead ballsack!

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

Agreed. I first stumbled on this guy when I was following Tulsi Gabbard and hoping she would win the DNC nomination. He had a channel dedicated to her. (Turns out even she is a duplicitous and cowardly piece of shit by folding under pressure to endorse Sleepy Creepy Joe after she trashed him non stop. She had me fooled. She's a typical politician piece of shit who doesn't stand by her false principles and only wants to salvage what's left of her career. Good news is that her career is over. She lost to karma)

Anyway, The City of Pasadena is planning some sort of memorial fixture for Eddie. It would be nice to see that happen with a brief ceremony with Dave, Alex, Wolf an yes, even Sammy (to be fair he was in the band as long as DLR). Say a few words, Christen the memorial and then leave it at that.

The music is the real memorial.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      I made a comment on Facebook as to how shameless Sammy is with the recurring Eddie related tidbits about allegedly texting and passing notes before he died - and effectively repeating the story from a different angle in order to get his fat cuckhold ass in the rock media again. Some Hagaita commented that Sammy had way more class than Ed, I told him Sam is a tick on Ed's dead ballsack!
                      Wait a minute? The asshole claimed Sam had way more class than Ed?? WHAT THE FUCK??

Sam was literally spouting off to the press in 2019 AGAIN about Eddie's drinking and other shit...just to get his name in the paper. Ed kept silent.

Since the 2004 embarrassment, he hasn't slammed Sam AT ALL (that I know of). He wouldn't even talk about him during all interviews for the reunion tours, A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH, any of it.

The only thing I heard Ed say related (indirectly) to Sam when asked about Dave doing another tour with the band was basically that he knows that the audience at this point kind of expects Dave in the band. That is the audience-approved and expected singer...and Ed is happy to oblige. He also, when promoting A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH, talked (as if it being a breath of fresh air) about how funny and smart so many of the lyrics on the album are. And he was right. If someone wants to see that as slamming Sam, so be it. But Eddie didn't need to name names, dish dirt, etc., in order to actually say what's up.

Ed didn't need such INSIDE EDITION-style bullshit to stay relevant. Sam's probably now waiting around for Al to die so he can, again, find ways to get himself in the press with tributes and claims that they had gotten so close.

Classless lyric-hack.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                        His is the most disgusting music "channel" I've seen on YouTube in years. Constant lies, no opportunity to contradict anything he says or criticize him because he turns off comments (before that he would erase comments he didn't like). He also turns off THUMBS DOWN. Seriously! And his stuff is all lies: actually claiming that Ed & Al were only silent these years because Dave's tour that started in 2019/2020 was embarrassing them. He posted this as news maybe 9 months ago...plus (I think I mentioned) the picture of Ed at the car dealership cropped to remove the fan with a claim then that it was a pic of Ed at the doctor. And his claim (from a quote last year) that Wolfgang hates Dave. No evidence. Complete bullshit. How does he know? He's even fanned the flames that Wolfgang has invited Sam back to the band to reform because this guy doesn't believe in ANY evidence and hates Dave that much. He is the worst thing on YouTube.

I first stumbled on this guy when I was following Tulsi Gabbard and hoping she would win the DNC nomination. He had a channel dedicated to her. (Turns out even she is a duplicitous and cowardly piece of shit by folding under pressure to endorse Sleepy Creepy Joe after she trashed him non stop. She had me fooled. She's a typical politician piece of shit who doesn't stand by her false principles and only wants to salvage what's left of her career. Good news is that her career is over. She lost to karma)
                        I was wary of her based on her previous comments about gay rights. But I gave her a chance. I can't believe the complete piece of shit she turned out to be. A complete politician and a true conservative asshole in hiding. She never had a chance, but can you imagine how frightening she would have been had she tricked us all and then won?? I hate her now too. You're right: her career is over!! Ain't karma a bitch?

Anyway, The City of Pasadena is planning some sort of memorial fixture for Eddie. It would be nice to see that happen with a brief ceremony with Dave, Alex, Wolf an yes, even Sammy (to be fair he was in the band as long as DLR). Say a few words, Christen the memorial and then leave it at that.
                        This will surprise you, considering how pro-Dave I come out...but the truth is, I agree with you. Sam should be there. I don't pretend he was never in the band.

I watched LIVE WITHOUT A NET last weekend (after getting through so many of my other VH concerts in our basement home theater) and (attack me, I don't give a fuck) really enjoyed it. Sam comes off as really stupid in parts, but nothing compared to how stupid he would get as the years went on. That home video has some amazing Ed playing on it. Plus, it was the band's first official home video (though they sure missed the fucking boat by not releasing the VAN HALEN II or FAIR WARNING concerts shot on film...and REALLY should have released a concert, shot on film, of the amazing 1984 tour). Anyway, Sam recorded on four albums. So many stupid lyrics. Some really lame-sounding melodies. But not everything he did was unlistenable. There were moments here and there. There are a few songs Dave would have simply refused to sing (e.g. LOVE WALKS IN) and Sam did a very typical (successful for the time) power ballad vocal. What he pulled off on "5150" (the song) actually works for me. For most of the Sam's time with the band, though, there's barely a song I hear that I don't sit and wonder how Dave would have bettered it. But yes, Sam was there for four albums. I never felt like protesting when he got in the HALL OF SHAME with the band (Mikey sure as hell deserved to get in there). Sam should be there when they unveil a statue. It would be interesting to see him standing there with Dave (if he bothers showing, who knows?), Wolf, Alex...

The one thing that worries me is if Sam shows up to something like the Pasadena tribute and Dave doesn't...and Sam is standing there with Alex and Wolf. That's a bad sign. That's a sign that if Alex & Wolf actually do go about eventually trying to construct a posthumous Ed album from the absolutely shit-ton of outtakes the band has (I've been doing a LOT of research on this the last three weeks...and the amount of even MINIMUM leftover songs with finished Ed guitar on them in staggering...let alone all the shit he was doing holed up with Alex when the band WASN'T cutting full albums in 5150) is staggering. I would absolutely be devastated if Dave doesn't resume a good relationship with the Van Halens and ends up either disinterested or not invited to put vocals on new old Van Halen tracks to make up a new album. Ed chose the singer he wanted to keep working with. It was Dave. He outright said so many times the last 13 years. If they do further albums (and it's sure looking like that's the plan...and Rolling Stones and other mags keep pointing out from sources and quotes by Ed himself how much is left), I pray it's Dave on those albums. If not, I'd almost rather instrumental albums than some hodge-podge of shit with Sam coming down to sing about how big (small) his penis is, how much he likes the shape of worms in his tequila and how much fun it is to eat Mexican food before taking a shit and...gee...isn't it fun and dandy to be in love? Just shut the fuck up, old man...you have NO IMAGINATION.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I am cuntsidering starting a YouTube channel for reBUTTals to Real (Dumb) Music Observer. Maybe Eddie Trunk, too.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

I was wary of her based on her previous comments about gay rights. But I gave her a chance. I can't believe the complete piece of shit she turned out to be. A complete politician and a true conservative asshole in hiding. She never had a chance, but can you imagine how frightening she would have been had she tricked us all and then won?? I hate her now too. You're right: her career is over!! Ain't karma a bitch?

I didn't care about her past views as she is entitled to them. She let me down when she endorsed that creep Biden just to go with the party demands. She folded to Pelosi and demonstrated she has no principles. That was the disappointment. But she had me fooled all along until then.

Anyway, VHND has imaged copies of the Pasadena city council minutes where they are floating memorial ideas. They mention having a statue or some other monument of the whole band as the pride of Pasadena (my words, but that is the general idea).

That would really piss of Sammy

I really would love to see Dave get out there and do some sort of outdoor adventure live podcast. He is still fit and as far as I know still hitting the outdoors. Put on a body cam and make a show out of the kayaking, jungle treks, mountains, etc. Or even add in some old war stories. Nothing to do with music. We don't need to hear the same rock stories we've all heard a million times.

And of course release the John 5 album. I really don't care about seeing Dave on stage anymore. He is long over the hill in that regard.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I am cuntsidering starting a YouTube channel for reBUTTals to Real (Dumb) Music Observer. Maybe Eddie Trunk, too.
                              Honestly, it's not a bad idea. He's a walking cheese-spouting lie-machine. He needs to be shut up.

He takes dishonesty and Dave-hate to honestly psychotic levels.

I'd be onboard with anything to shit on RMO or Eddie Trunk. They're both ripe, stinky cunts.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• pimpnnt
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Oct 2020

Yes on that. Chris Cornell's funeral is a good example. Looked to me like all those celebs just wanted to be seen boo-hoo-ing for the camera's. I think the Van Halen family has way more class than that.

Comment

Working...