No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Election Results thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do know that Georgia's secretary of state is a Republican?

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
          Did this story get any traction in the US?
          “If he feels threatened by that conversation, he’s got a problem,” Graham, 65, said.
          “I actually thought it was a good conversation.”

He also called Republican officials in Arizona.
          Originally posted by sadaist
          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• President Donald Trump concession speech - Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show

I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                    Yes
                    This Republican is getting death threats for refusing to not count votes for the other side.

Trump has lost 22/22 legal challenges so far.

That is banana republic stuff, you want to live in a dictatorship?
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-19-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Seems the only chance Trump has is to get Electoral College votes in states Biden won flipped to Trump, which isn't outside the realm of the possible/legal.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• I don't see any viable path for Trump to turn electoral college votes to his favor and remain in office.

In the next couple weeks, the states will be certifying their vote counts, which officially sets their results. Then the Electoral College will cast their votes and then Congress will certify the election. At that point it all becomes official.

Until all that happens... the election results are just media projections and conceding is just some historic "nicety" that became expected but is not based on any legal requirement that exists. All the whining and crying over conceding is bullshit...

Certainly, there's a fair amount of "sore-loser" elements playing out by Trump and his election/legal team.

On the other hand... there's some really sloppy and questionable legal elements that have occurred in multiple states involving the handling of the election. Some of it involves questionable legal changes and other aspects involve really shitty management of the ballot handling and processes that are so poorly implemented they do not instill confidence in the process/systems. Add to that a few people, but not enough to change results just plain acting improperly and pulling some shady shit...

I would rather all of the questionable activities that occurred in the election be thoroughly challenged, addressed and fixed. It's important that our electoral system be fair, accurate and executed without question to it's validity. Be it sore-losers or just making sure the mess gets cleaned up... make it right...

Come January 20th, 2021... Mr & Mrs Trump will peacefully vacate the White House. Sleepy Joe will have his new Temperpedic ™ bed delivered and Mrs Biden will have a new basement to decorate for the Napper in Chief™...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Unfortunately Zah, it looks like Sleepy Joe will be our President. For a short time. Horizontal Harris and Pelosi will have him out on a medical in no time.

As far as Mr. and Mrs. Trump. I'm betting there won't be a Mrs. too long after January 20th.

In reality, there should be a revote. Physical in person only. The Demoncraps swindled this election with Covid and mail in votes. Gotta give 'em credit. They had a plan and played it perfectly. Goes back to the old saying, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't winning".

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                            I don't see any viable path for Trump to turn electoral college votes to his favor and remain in office.

In the next couple weeks, the states will be certifying their vote counts, which officially sets their results. Then the Electoral College will cast their votes and then Congress will certify the election. At that point it all becomes official.

Until all that happens... the election results are just media projections and conceding is just some historic "nicety" that became expected but is not based on any legal requirement that exists. All the whining and crying over conceding is bullshit...

Certainly, there's a fair amount of "sore-loser" elements playing out by Trump and his election/legal team.

On the other hand... there's some really sloppy and questionable legal elements that have occurred in multiple states involving the handling of the election. Some of it involves questionable legal changes and other aspects involve really shitty management of the ballot handling and processes that are so poorly implemented they do not instill confidence in the process/systems. Add to that a few people, but not enough to change results just plain acting improperly and pulling some shady shit...

I would rather all of the questionable activities that occurred in the election be thoroughly challenged, addressed and fixed. It's important that our electoral system be fair, accurate and executed without question to it's validity. Be it sore-losers or just making sure the mess gets cleaned up... make it right...

Come January 20th, 2021... Mr & Mrs Trump will peacefully vacate the White House. Sleepy Joe will have his new Temperpedic ™ bed delivered and Mrs Biden will have a new basement to decorate for the Napper in Chief™...
                            I certainly wouldn't want Biden to prevail due to ballot processing errors in multiple states. I would agree it is important to make sure Biden won the vote legitimately, because his victories in some of the pivotal states were fairly close, while others that weren't close in other pivotal states are being characterized as 'stolen'...not that more than a few of those who wanted Trump to win would believe it even if recounts affirmed that Biden won and the various Trump legal challenges are struck down by various courts in terms of Biden's win being legitimate.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                              You do know that in the middle of a pandemic killing 100s of thousands of people that your president hasn't even attended a task force meeting in 5 months???!!!

How fucking sleepy is that?

Can you even imagine how difficult it will be to roll out a vaccine to 300 million people half of whom are being told by their social media feeds not to take it? Because your president is in the huff not only are people dying unnecessarily just now, he's sacrificing many more lives by not having a transition.

Everyone in the world apart from people in your tribe are watching you aghast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                                In reality, there should be a revote. Physical in person only. The Demoncraps swindled this election with Covid and mail in votes.
                                Oct. 14, 2020, video - Ivanka Trump: Vote Early in Person!

Oct. 26, 2020 - Trump Attacks Voting By Mail Hours After Posing Beside Ivanka and Jared Holding Their Mail-In Ballots
                                Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner beamed as they proudly posed with mail-in ballots Monday. By the evening, President Donald Trump had resumed his attempts to undermine faith in the practice.

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                                Gotta give 'em credit. They had a plan and played it perfectly. Goes back to the old saying, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't winning".
                                Sorta like when Trump & Moscow Mitch slid ACB onto the Supreme Court.

I get that both sides do things the opposition deems shifty. But don't you eventually just (maybe
                                silently) "Give 'em credit" like Von says and try again next time?

Was there this type of outrage (lawsuits, questionable phone calls, etc) from Democrats over the
                                (alleged) Russian interference back in 2016? Or did Hillary concede the day after the election saying
                                “We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead.”

Comment

Working...
                                X