X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    IDK but the "sleepy Joe" stuff is just crap. As opposed to an erratic, medicated maniac melting down? It's just echoing baseless Russian propaganda and the "lesser-of-two-evils" rationale that many more sensible Republicans used to hold their nose and vote for Drumpf.

I think it's more likely Trump might be removed via the 25th Amendment by mid-December...
    I'm basing my opinion of Biden's degraded mental capabilities from my own experience dealing directly with my wife's parents who both suffered dementia and progressed into Alzheimer's before passing the last 3 years. Plus dealing with that presently with my own 89 year old mom...

I don't listen to Trump's bullshit nor buy into any crack-pot Russian delusional fiction constantly sited in the media... I've just been closely following things, listening to Biden's speeches and press interaction, watching facial expressions and body language. He's slipping a few gears quite frequently and in a fairly consistent manner. The challenge is how fast it may or may not progress... could be years. But with the stressors and pressures of being POTUS I don't believe that's going to help the old fart keeping up with the demands of the job...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      I'm basing my opinion of Biden's degraded mental capabilities from my own experience dealing directly with my wife's parents who both suffered dementia and progressed into Alzheimer's before passing the last 3 years. Plus dealing with that presently with my own 89 year old mom...

I don't listen to Trump's bullshit nor buy into any crack-pot Russian delusional fiction constantly sited in the media... I've just been closely following things, listening to Biden's speeches and press interaction, watching facial expressions and body language. He's slipping a few gears quite frequently and in a fairly consistent manner. The challenge is how fast it may or may not progress... could be years. But with the stressors and pressures of being POTUS I don't believe that's going to help the old fart keeping up with the demands of the job...
      I've always said the Democrats picked the WRONG candidate. I still can't believe it's the best they could do in four years.

But at this point, I'd rather Sammy Hagar as President than what we have now...or is that...had?
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I voted for Kamala Harris by way of Joe.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Evil is as evil does....

Kushner's Westminster Management is starting the eviction process, even though tenants are protected by a COVID-19 moratorium.

Jared Kushner's Company Reportedly Moves To Evict Hundreds As Pandemic Rages

An apartment management company co-owned by White House senior adviser Jared Kushner has taken action in court to evict hundreds of tenants whose finances have taken a hit from COVID -19, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Westminster Management has moved against largely low- and middle-income tenants in the Baltimore area, many of them Black, whose apartments are managed by the company, according to the Post.

A state moratorium protects tenants against evictions as people struggle with loss of jobs during the pandemic. A federal moratorium for government-supported housing, which includes some run by Westminster, also offers tenant protections during the crisis.

But Westminster, which manages some 20,000 apartments, and other management companies are eager to get started on the process against tenants with past-due rent.

One resident of a Westminster-managed apartment Tashika Booker, told the Post she lost her job working for an online education company because of the pandemic. She said she’s struggling to pay rent as she seeks other work.

Westminster, part of the Kushner family’s Kushner Cos., said in a statement that Westminster’s actions are fully compliant with state and federal eviction bans.

Jared Kushner said he gave up managing Kushner Cos. when his father-in-law, President Donald Trump, made him a senior White House adviser. But he maintained his ownership in the company. He earned $1.69 million from his stake in Westminster last year, according to his financial filings.

Westminster is currently fighting a lawsuit by Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, which accuses the company of violations concerning tacked-on fees and poor housing conditions.

Mary Papenfuss·Trends Reporter, HuffPost
          Fri, November 6, 2020, 5:29 AM PST·3 mins read

An apartment management company co-owned by White House senior adviser Jared Kushner has taken action in court to evict hundreds of tenants whose finances have taken a hit from COVID -19, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Westminster Management has moved against largely low- and middle-income tenants in the Baltimore area, many of them Black, whose apartments are managed by the company, according to the Post.

A state moratorium protects tenants against evictions as people struggle with loss of jobs during the pandemic. A federal moratorium for government-supported housing, which includes some run by Westminster, also offers tenant protections during the crisis.

But Westminster, which manages some 20,000 apartments, and other management companies are eager to get started on the process against tenants with past-due rent.

One resident of a Westminster-managed apartment Tashika Booker, told the Post she lost her job working for an online education company because of the pandemic. She said she’s struggling to pay rent as she seeks other work.

Westminster, part of the Kushner family’s Kushner Cos., said in a statement that Westminster’s actions are fully compliant with state and federal eviction bans.

Jared Kushner said he gave up managing Kushner Cos. when his father-in-law, President Donald Trump, made him a senior White House adviser. But he maintained his ownership in the company. He earned $1.69 million from his stake in Westminster last year, according to his financial filings.

Westminster is currently fighting a lawsuit by Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, which accuses the company of violations concerning tacked-on fees and poor housing conditions.

Months before the suit was filed, Trump slammed the Baltimore congressional district represented by the late Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings’ (D-Md.) as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Kushner properties in the area at the time had racked up hundreds of building code violations. An earlier lawsuit described one Kushner apartment as having a leaking bedroom ceiling, maggots in the living room carpet and raw sewage spewing form the kitchen sink.

As for the suit filed by Frosh, Kushner Cos. managers have denied the charges, and claim the court action is politically motivated.

Kushner last month dismissively blamed Black Americans for their hardships, saying that they must “want to be successful.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            President Elect, NickDUMBentia.

Trump just needs to man up, and concede. He fucking lost. Get over it and move on.

It's unfortunate that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats wanted a non politician as President. I have no doubt NickDUMBentia could do a better job than either of these parties. What a shame we are essentially given two choices, and if we want our vote to count, we have to pick between what we ourselves perceive to be the lesser of two evils.

But hey, at least we don't have an old dried up twat running things.

Let me finish by saying, I'd fuck Horizontal Harris!
            Stop correcting me! I never get anything wrong and would fuck Kumala Harris too!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I have no doubt NickDUMBentia could do a better job than either of these parties. What a shame we are essentially given two choices, and if we want our vote to count, we have to pick between what we ourselves perceive to be the lesser of two evils.
              I'm convinced that at least 95% probably much higher of the US population would have done a better job.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Oh, to be a fly on the wall of the IRS Special Investigations Unit!!!
                I hope Biden doesn't do the whitewash and move on thing. I was about to say even Nixon got a pardon but Trump was way worse.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's all over but the shouting

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Its kind of weird to think about it that the perception is that Biden has come from behind to win these states when it's the opposite. His votes were early. The Republicans insisted that the votes couldn't be counted until after the election and then Trump said to stop counting!

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Voting by mail is a very new thing in most of the states. Fortunately up here in Cascadia, we have been doing it for a while. I've been voting by mail since 1992 myself, long before it became the state standard, because I was moving too damned often in the 1990s to remember where my official polling place was. Now it's my couch, so it's easy to prepare my mind when I have to vote for one of those "lesser evil" types.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you only have a choice of 2 people it would be fucking weird if you happened to agree and like everything about one of them.

The problem is the system and how difficult it is to change a system when by definition any people elected are not going to want to change it.

The US and UK systems are not fit for purpose. They are shit. They hide behind bullshit that they are the originals or the oldest or the mothers of all the others. That's like saying your old Nokia phone is the best because it was first.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Voting by mail is a very new thing in most of the states. Fortunately up here in Cascadia, we have been doing it for a while. I've been voting by mail since 1992 myself, long before it became the state standard, because I was moving too damned often in the 1990s to remember where my official polling place was. Now it's my couch, so it's easy to prepare my mind when I have to vote for one of those "lesser evil" types.
                              My polling place used to be the elementary school. My nephew and niece would go with me and show me their art etc posted in the hallways. They got the day off.

Now it's been moved to one of the ethnic clubs and the little shits still get the day off...
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...