Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised about how Lennon took guitar solos on the roof at EMI the first time I saw the whole footage. Harrison was supposed to be the guitarist in the band. Though I knew he could play, I didn't suspect he would play all of them.
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 12-28-2020, 04:20 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Think I'll roll up for the Mystery Tour.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
        Surely you joke.
        Nope. Hate them. My Mom used to listen to them all the time when I was a kid. Hated them then, hate them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
          Nope. Hate them. My Mom used to listen to them all the time when I was a kid. Hated them then, hate them now.
          I had a similar experience with a different outcome. I got heavy exposure via 8 track tape to The Beatles (Sgt Peppers), Wings (Band on the Run) and Fleetwood Mac (Rumours). I can still remember the distinct sound the tape deck made when you put it in, skipped tracks, etc.
          I ended up loving those bands. I can't remember anything my parents listened to that really got on my nerves other than America.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
            I had a similar experience with a different outcome. I got heavy exposure via 8 track tape to The Beatles (Sgt Peppers), Wings (Band on the Run) and Fleetwood Mac (Rumours). I can still remember the distinct sound the tape deck made when you put it in, skipped tracks, etc.
            I ended up loving those bands. I can't remember anything my parents listened to that really got on my nerves other than America.
            Three bands I love to hate! Too soft for me! I can appreciate the musicianship, but just don't like the bands. Never liked Pink Floyd either, even on acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
              The Beatles fucking SUCK!
              For myself, I don't think they suck...I do remember as a kid growing up in the 1970s that The Beatles were virtually always touted as "the best rock band, ever, period"...and this isn't a sentiment I have come to share in terms of my own listening preferences.

I wouldn't understate the impact The Beatles had, but I don't find myself ever craving a listen to their music much anymore.

Some of that might have to do with having heard their stuff non-stop growing up from as early as I can remember to when I was about ten years old: they were my mother's favorite band (she was about 15 years old when the first wave of Beatlemania hit the US in 1963), so she had all their records. Probably more of it has to do with discovering more than a few artists as I went along that, frankly, I just plain liked musically far more than I did The Beatles.

Along the same lines as their music having been more than amply represented in terms of airtime over the decades - overplayed, to be polite about it - the story of The Beatles has been more than amply chronicled in the media. Thus, while this latest Get Back documentary may well be of interest to many, for myself...I've heard/seen/read most of this stuff before...to the point where I've more than satisfied whatever curiosity I had in the workings of The Beatles.

Do I really need to hear McCartney or Ringo musing on the Let It Be sessions yet again? There are literally dozens of youtube clips of interviews of the two over the decades since The Beatles broke up expounding on the same topic, a topic that was - to my satisfaction - amply chronicled in the mid 1990s Beatles Anthology releases.

I suppose for some, anything Beatles-related is welcome. That's fine. For me, what I've already listened to, seen and read is more than enough.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I was always more Stones than Beatles but I'm glad I decided to go see McCartney a few summers back.

Not sure I'd go see Get Back in a theater. My friend would probably ask me to go after one of our long bike rides. I'd watch it on D+ though.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

At least Get Back will feature the Beatles themselves, unlike in the boring latest movies about such or such dead rock star. Nothing like the real peeps. I'll always skip when it isn't.
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Just as I predicted, the "super deluxe" Let It Be remasters are on the way....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

The Glyn Johns mix of the album has been available as a bootleg for years, but obviously the sound quality here is a Hell of a lot better.....

Last edited by FORD; 11-21-2021, 08:09 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Last edited by FORD; 11-21-2021, 08:12 PM.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Repackage, remarket, resell.

Fucking greed. All this unnecessary is and ever will be. Fuck the Beatles with a big rubber dick.

Comment

Last edited by FORD; 11-21-2021, 07:45 PM.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Last edited by FORD; 11-21-2021, 07:53 PM.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Last edited by FORD; 11-21-2021, 08:02 PM.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X