• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Four dates added

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I think Dave will continue to be active - more a semi retirement.
      That'll will prove to be rather difficult from the grave.

Comment

• mattynew
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Aug 2021

I saw that Dec 31 and Jan 1 shows were cancelled due to COVID. I have tix for Jan 5. I’m flying out from the east coast. I hope the show goes on on the 5th…
        Last edited by mattynew; 12-31-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's a shame for the fans that these shows were cancelled with such short notice...

Given the explosion of new Covid cases, the outlook for the next few shows doesn't look promising.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's not like there isn't anything else to do in Vegas. But yeah, short notice sucks. Happened to us for Buffalo in '02.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Over at Links they're reporting that somebody in Dave's band had Covid and that's why they had to cancel the shows. If that's the case, the rest of them ain't looking likely either.

On the other hand, if it's a bass player or a drummer who's down, I can think of a worthy replacement....

I wasn't going to Vegas anyway, but I feel for the folks who have already made the trip and now they won't even get to see the show. Will they be rescheduled? who the fuck knows.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• speedtruckermf
                Groupie
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Over at Links they're reporting that somebody in Dave's band had Covid and that's why they had to cancel the shows. If that's the case, the rest of them ain't looking likely either.

On the other hand, if it's a bass player or a drummer who's down, I can think of a worthy replacement....

I wasn't going to Vegas anyway, but I feel for the folks who have already made the trip and now they won't even get to see the show. Will they be rescheduled? who the fuck knows.

I'm going Wednesday. Fingers crossed. Flying in from TX.

Comment

• wolfsbane
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2005

Me too am going to Wed show.

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Dave will never EVER perform live again.

I don’t even think he’s be alive by the end of next year.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF

Who knows. I think Dave still smokes. That habit tends to rear it’s ugly head in your 60’s. I love cigars but gave them up a few years ago. That retirement announcement was a little weird but I know Dave has had several back surgeries. The doctors could be telling Dave to take it easy for those reasons. The young Diamond Dave was as high powered as you can get. You can’t do it to those extremes in your 60’s. That’s the reality. A more traditional musician like Paul McCartney can keep it going into the golden years but Van Halen wasn’t a stand at the microphone and sing type band; especially Dave’s end of it.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by wolfsbane
                        Me too am going to Wed show.
                        Dave and VH never cancelled shows unless there was no option. So I’m sure everything is being done to make it happen.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Oh now, now WARF... don't come in here blowin sunshine up everyone's ass... LOL

My favorite song off ADKOT is That's the Trouble with Never... When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor..?
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

With the upcoming Vegas shows, there seemed to be a long-enough string of them where - as of this moment, anyway - it seems likely some of the later scheduled dates will be fulfilled.

As to beyond, who knows? Roth looked pretty dreadful to me on that last appearance on Rogan's show this past June in terms of his general physical appearance. A few months after that, he announces his retirement, and it may or may not be telling that the last string of dates is a residency at a single venue and from what I can tell there are no meet-and-greets even with the deluxe ticket packages that run upward of $700 per ticket...although that could just be covid precautions.

He could well have just had a bunch of health issues that aren't necessarily terminal sort of catch up with him over the last couple years. I suppose he could be facing something far more serious medically. The net effect of whatever is ailing him is that he has determined his performing career is drawing to a close. Hopefully those who are seeing him in Vegas in the next 4 weeks will get as good a show as Roth is still capable of delivering at this point and have a good time.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• wolfsbane
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                              With the upcoming Vegas shows, there seemed to be a long-enough string of them where - as of this moment, anyway - it seems likely some of the later scheduled dates will be fulfilled.

As to beyond, who knows? Roth looked pretty dreadful to me on that last appearance on Rogan's show this past June in terms of his general physical appearance. A few months after that, he announces his retirement, and it may or may not be telling that the last string of dates is a residency at a single venue and from what I can tell there are no meet-and-greets even with the deluxe ticket packages that run upward of $700 per ticket...although that could just be covid precautions.

He could well have just had a bunch of health issues that aren't necessarily terminal sort of catch up with him over the last couple years. I suppose he could be facing something far more serious medically. The net effect of whatever is ailing him is that he has determined his performing career is drawing to a close. Hopefully those who are seeing him in Vegas in the next 4 weeks will get as good a show as Roth is still capable of delivering at this point and have a good time.

What I learned in the last few years is what little effort Dave put into things over the years. I always thought he worked his ass off. Seems he is a much more brilliant artist than what I thought, With apparently very little effort, he has an amazing career.

Anyway, If he ever worked out before, it does not appear that he is currently working out.

Seems that he spends his days smoking "The shit that killed Elvis."

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by wolfsbane
                                What I learned in the last few years is what little effort Dave put into things over the years. I always thought he worked his ass off. Seems he is a much more brilliant artist than what I thought, With apparently very little effort, he has an amazing career.

Anyway, If he ever worked out before, it does not appear that he is currently working out.

Seems that he spends his days smoking "The shit that killed Elvis."
                                I'd tend to disagree with some of that.

Roth put a great deal of preparation into the rehearsals and run-up to the 2007-2008 tour. It was easily evident onstage, especially to those who had seen his solo shows in 2005 and 2006: Dave had upped his performance game, and in a big way (not just some minor tweaks).

Some of what you said I would agree with. The Vegas shows in early 2020 and the KISS opening slot in early 2020 come to mind: the band were well-rehearsed, to be sure. Dave didn't seem particularly rehearsed...or enthused...sort of going through the motions.

The 2003 Diamond Dave cd - his last, full-length solo studio release - seemed like a slapdash effort.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...